1. Post #361
    December 2009
    112 Posts
    I would stop the error on e2's.no such function vec(normal,normal,normal) whick happens even when the code is correct.it happens from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #362
    November 2009
    2,880 Posts
    Euphoria for NPCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #363
    May 2008
    817 Posts
    New sprint animation, Holstering, Thirdperson (sv_cheats 0) and Removal of Memory Failure Messages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    April 2009
    507 Posts
    Multicore rendering
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,220 Posts
    I would use my superior access to the HL2 source code to somehow incorporate DOD:S and TF2 animation suites into Gmod, so that we can have working prone and taunt scripts for peoples gamemodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #366
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,872 Posts
    I would create a code that allows you to spawn contraptions in the real world :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,293 Posts
    I'd add the ability to control lighting and weather on maps. a dynamic skybox or something.

in fact, i wonder if someone could just make a control room in a normal map, that changes the light and wether outside.

also some Anti-minge tools, and a tool, similar to a stacker, that enables you to easily and presicely make tube systems with the PHX tube set. and a similar tool to build normal buildings

also, i'd make PHX a part of Gmod, i don't think there's anyone whose played Gmod over 3 hours and NOT have PHX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    April 2009
    507 Posts

also, i'd make PHX a part of Gmod, i don't think there's anyone whose played Gmod over 3 hours and NOT have PHX
    That and Wire, pretty much are downloaded within a few hours of owning the game, so they might as well be part of it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    641 Posts
    A tool that groups things together I hate having to weld or somehow constrain props together to make an advance dupe and no I cannot use nocollide because I do not want my props to go through each other..
    It would be great if I could just group items and then be able to easily dupe or adv. dupe them

10. Post #370
    December 2009
    30 Posts
    The welds being bouncy, and welds twitch like fuck when you for example crash into something.
    And PHX should be standard shit!
    PHX should be fucking sponsored!

Edited:

New sprint animation, Holstering, Thirdperson (sv_cheats 0) and Removal of Memory Failure Messages.
    Garrys mod isnt supposed to be that fucking realistic either, but nice idea though

Edited:

I would make Garry's Mod free and standalone so my friend could finally download it cause he was complaining that it was 10 dollars
    How the fuck u think Team Garry is goin to get money for making such an awesome game then?

Edited:

I'd fix the damn fucking LUA Spam, just add a option to stop the LUA error Spam you get In-game, and to get rid of those AWFUL(And I mean, AWFUL) Tips that pop up randomly,
    ... If you read what the tips is saying you see how to remove them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #371
    December 2009
    7 Posts
    Left4Dead support :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lithuania Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    December 2009
    778 Posts
    Gordon's Magic Stick

13. Post #373
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,780 Posts
    Automatically downloaded dick models. And naked Alyx models. With jigglebones for both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,928 Posts
    Update to the L4D Engine. It's cheap to get a computer that can run L4D on high.

15. Post #375
    August 2009
    494 Posts
    :jihad: :patriot: :jihad:

What I would release is a new background.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    December 2009
    40 Posts
    Online Singleplayer! Wait..what?

EDIT: I think the game is fine as it is, but Garry should consider the above idea. o.0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

17. Post #377
    October 2007
    58 Posts
    Fucking revert back to the old game engine.

The game is about physics. That's its appeal. There are plenty of other sandbox games out there but gmod was the only one with realistic physics. The physics are fundamental to the base gamemode as well as all these player-created custom modes! Zombie survival and building physics barricades. Flood and making physics rafts. Sledbuild and prop hunt even. It's all about the physics.

Gmod used to be based on the HL2 engine. It's what the game was originally designed around and it was superior in many ways to what we're forced to use now (the Source 2007 Orange Box engine)

For one, it had lower system requirements meaning the game ran better on more peoples machines. This instantly equates to bigger badder contraptions for all! That's the whole point of gmod (as I understand it)! Fuck fancy lighting and higher res textures. I want to build shit! That's why I bought the fuckin game in the first place.

For two, the physics weren't so fucking wonky. Sliders and welds were all more reliable. Hydraulics and muscles all did what they were supposed to. The fucking wheels on my vehicles didn't sink through the ground if I drove more than 10mph. Lets face it, the Source07 engine gave us some more props and shit but the cost was a big chunk of our building capability. Bad trade for a game whose sole unique appeal was the physics and contraption building.

Garry gave in to the all-too-common "I want shiny new shit" syndrome. The cost was the greatness of the game. I can't be hassled to try and work around the screwed up constraint system and crappy new physics so I don't even bother with vehicles or complex mechanical contraptions. Wire or zombie survival is about all I'll bother with nowadays. Maybe someday a Gmod Nostalgia pack will get released with the old HL2-based game but I seriously doubt it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

18. Post #378
    The Silent Rater
    November 2009
    3,266 Posts
    I would want the AI for combine soldiers back to normal. Garry messed it so that rebels cannot fail to kill loads more combine soldiers...it makes wars unbalanced unless I add synths such as hunters, striders and such.

If you don't beleive me, have your own war against them...Rebels will almost certainly win against the Combine with just about any weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    July 2009
    2,916 Posts
    I think GMod lacks furry parts. It would be nice if Garry could add some. :3
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUCKINGFFFFFFFFFFFFFURRRRRRRRIESSSSSSSS SSSS

IN
    MY
    GARRYSMOD!?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAHADHDGAHADFHADFHADGHADG

btw dellort = trolled backwards

Ontopic,a nice update would be steering wheels,the save/load glitch fixed (frozen ragdolls fucking up)
    and maybe an engine update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #380
    Quitting drugs and running
    September 2007
    501 Posts
    Let's see, I'd get stable and useable l4d and l4d2 props, I'd put them in a nice little catagory for effeciency.

I'd update and put all the new tf2 stuff in a nice little catagory, but then again I can do that myself as a player, so Not to worried about that.

21. Post #381
    Is, in fact, a real hedgehog.
    April 2009
    14,485 Posts
    I would add absolutely nothing. And watch the people complain about their game not working after the update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    December 2009
    261 Posts
    I'd fix the spawn menu crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #383

July 2009
    420 Posts
    to be honest i dont think there is much garry can do to gmod now apart from tell the owners of the source engine to pull a finger out there arses and sort there shit out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,692 Posts
    to be honest i dont think there is much garry can do to gmod now apart from tell the owners of the source engine to pull a finger out there arses and sort there shit out
    :nyd:

25. Post #385
    August 2009
    882 Posts
    Easier said than done... WAAAYYYYYY easier said than done... actually, I think that's impossible with the current Source Engine.
    Oh really?

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=865491
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,288 Posts
    Put in the TF2 Unlockable hats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #387
    July 2009
    3,900 Posts
    more player models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,953 Posts
    Nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    December 2009
    292 Posts
    - volumetric effects
    - wire, phx, some more stools, more sweps(default)
    - more maps(default)
    - zombie survival loaded in
    - rp loaded in
    - floodmod loaded in
    - gmow/vmow/whatever the fuck works for gmod 10
    - script enforcer(listen servers)
    - better texturs for weapons, water, ground, better muzzle flashes,
    more base weapons,(bugbait?) more npc's, better animations for eeverything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,104 Posts
    Sex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #391

June 2009
    23 Posts
    idk poser action and movie options nonetheless the normal settings we have today to make a movie

32. Post #392
    August 2009
    127 Posts
    Garry should segregate mingbags and players, because I hate having to deal with mingebags, make like mingebag worlds just for them. It's my opinion but I don't think mingebags would bother us if they had there own place, away from us. Then again they might invade again if we did for more space, remember what happened in War of the Servers.

Now, speaking of War of the Servers, make a map connection system. Simmilar to War of the Servers, but in a way people won't get all virus's or spams, because all maps would be in a way devided, but connected. You would get news about the mod, a player admin miliatry, heck maybe even a United Servers of Garry Country in it. I think it's possible, won't be easy, but is it ever easy. Basicly the whole thing is like a waffle, made up of squares, our squares being maps. Then you go to the end of one map, and can then load and enter a new one, if anything a special super map called "Garrys Earth" a completely detailed map could be map as an addon. You know a system of maps, and stuff would be nice. Even a Create-A-Player mode would be nice, you know a customization mode. Though we'd need a lot of people to volenteer to do it.

I could give a hundred more idea's. Truly Garrys Mod needs a big improvment to congragulate 11, or maybe 12 for the next version, of release's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,620 Posts
    Better ways for players to interact with physics.

34. Post #394
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    October 2008
    14,578 Posts
    Assuming I magically know how to do all of these if I were Garry:

- Full on, natural Python implementation (No, I will NOT shut up about it!)
    - Get all TF2 unlockables going (variety is the spice of life)
    - Rework the playermodel system to act like HL1 (if a player doesn't have the model, a substitute model is used instead. Probably a Combine)
    - Put us on TF2's engine (we're only one version behind, so sys. reqs. won't change too much, plus this allows for TF2's taunt code)
    - Probably optimize things, fix bugs (because that's what you DO as a developer)
    - Throw in an Easter egg for shits
    - Lua/Python achievement framework (functions similar to the old Lua "Achievements" addon)
    - Tweak the "Disconnected" screen a lot, add more info. For example: "Server uses different class tables" will have a line of text under it that says "This usually means the server needs updated"
    - MORE COWBELL
    - Access to the HL2 style UI? For VGUI windows that are semi-transparent (if I don't make sense, go connect to a random server in HL2:DM or CS:S and look at the MOTD window). If it's there, forgive me for not knowing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    July 2009
    2,579 Posts
    Half-Life npcs and weapons already in the game.

36. Post #396
    December 2009
    91 Posts
    Dynamic water, Model clipping, Shooting holes through types of models, better bouyancy, aerodynamic projectiles with real wind systems etc. Ability to run huge maps (Like in Red orchestra or the Arma games)

But that will Never happen unfortunately. =[

37. Post #397
    January 2009
    71 Posts
    I would add.. fixes to the previous update.

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    I would most likely add No more crashes from a wierd memory failure. I still dont understand WHY it happens. but its starting to get anoyying that i cant play gmod without it crashing every 30 fucking minutes atleast 10-20 times a day -.- And NO dont ask me for my cpu specs, its good enough to do what its meant to bedoing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    May 2009
    4,010 Posts
    I would have Easy Precision come standard with Garry's Mod.

(User was banned for this post ("Dumb" - UberMensch))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    9,779 Posts
    I'd add a startup theme song. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)