1. Post #41
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    New version released. Look at the first post for the new video and new pictures, or just grab and play:

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,000 Posts
    Dude, epic yet again.

3. Post #43
    March 2009
    162 Posts
    Will there be another version?

4. Post #44

June 2009
    827 Posts
    Can i disable that crosshair somehow?

5. Post #45
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    Can i disable that crosshair somehow?
    You can disable the crosshair entirely by cvar, in the console (twitch_aim_hidecrosshair 1) or in the menu (Q menu -> Settings tab -> Twitch Weaponry -> ...)

Will there be another version?
    If I find anything I actually want to add, possibly. I'm not trying to make Super-realistic Breakable Jammable Technically-accurate weapons, so I'm happy enough to ignore all your requests for x feature from another pack that is actually trying to be those things in the first place. So unless anything awesome comes up, I'm devoting my time to a gamemode project now.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    232 Posts
    In slowmo why does the tracer go correctly but the bullet itself goes at normal speed. Would have been cool if the bullet really went in slowmo.

7. Post #47
    October 2007
    371 Posts
    I think this broke my toolgun's cursor. Now it's like the Twitch guns, but not in aim mode.

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,669 Posts
    How exactly do you turn on slowmo mode in Singleplayer?

Edited:

Once i turn on Slowmo (NO HUD)
    This appears in console.

Code:
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_hidecrosshair
    Unknown command: twitch_quickdraw
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_bullettime_colourdrain
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_bullettime_onjump
    Unknown command: twitch_hidehud
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_bullettime_timescale
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_hidehud
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_bullettime
    Unknown command: twitch_aim_infiniteammo
    Edited:

Any help?

Edited:

Yes, I am doing it in singleplayer.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,757 Posts
    Slomotion is way too confusing, just put in the options to set it on or off, or set it to a bind key.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,669 Posts
    I don't know what command is for Slowmo, so I don't know what to bind.

11. Post #51
    June 2009
    17 Posts
    Some nice SWEPs!

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,757 Posts
    A great pack, just please tell us the slo-mo commands, not JUST the settings...

13. Post #53
    June 2009
    17 Posts
    Nice sweps. :banjo:

14. Post #54
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    Once i turn on Slowmo (NO HUD)
    This appears in console.
    I can't replicate this. Try not using a preset and setting options manually.

Bold text added to main post about how to enable options like slowmo. Once they are enabled, there are no binds involved - for example, if slowmo is enabled, slowmo is entered whenever you enter aim mode. (Yes, I cheated in the video, and changed a cvar mid-play to enable slowmo in aim mode only at a certain point.)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,757 Posts
    Oh, I'll try this.
    EDIT
    Didn't work.
    Should I have V2 and V1 installed or just 2?

16. Post #56
    July 2008
    2 Posts
    My slowmo has suddenly stopped working. I downloaded these sweps last night and they were working great. Now when I try to go into slowmo its doesn't do anything, I just shoot at normal speed.

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    19,797 Posts
    In slowmo why does the tracer go correctly but the bullet itself goes at normal speed. Would have been cool if the bullet really went in slowmo.
    It's the way the Source engine handles bullets, really badly. One way of doing this could be to delay the firing of the bullet. Or to make a physical one or something. Unless there is a simpler method,

18. Post #58
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    My slowmo has suddenly stopped working. I downloaded these sweps last night and they were working great. Now when I try to go into slowmo its doesn't do anything, I just shoot at normal speed.
    Remember you need to reactivate cheats (sv_cheats 1) every time you start a new game, otherwise the slowmo will not work (it needs cheats in order to use host_timescale).

The bullet/tracer inconsistency issue is one it would take a lot of work to resolve, so I'm unlikely to do that.

19. Post #59
    Vir
    January 2008
    59 Posts
    Is there a particular reason that the guns themselves make no firing noise? (There's a bullet impact, but the gun doesn't make a noise)

20. Post #60
    September 2008
    660 Posts
    You own Counter Strike Source, yes?

21. Post #61
    Vir
    January 2008
    59 Posts
    Bizarrely, they do now, despite me not changing anything.

22. Post #62
    August 2008
    5 Posts
    Is there a command to lock into twitch mode? (twitch without holding the right mouse)

I read a request for a rail shooter a couple of days ago, this would be killer for it if anything gets developed.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,709 Posts
    Can you do this for the Team Fortress 2 weapons?

24. Post #64
    March 2008
    100 Posts
    Bugs / Flaws:
    - HL2 SMG has no reloading sound
    - HL2 Pistol has no reloading sound
    - HL2 Pulse Rifle has normal bullet tracers and no impact effect
    - HL2 Shotgun spams
    Code:
    weapons/weapon_twitch_hl2shotgun/shared.lua:110: attempt to index a nil value
    - CSS M3 Shotgun can be shot while reloading
    - CSS P228 has no firing sound (Could be my edge)
    - I only get the console commands for "damagemul","recoilmul","tracerfreq"
    - I personally don't like the blue-ish crosshair, kinda hard to see on light-grey concrete, please use something more visible, such as black/white

Edit: This is in singleplayer, not tested in multiplayer

25. Post #65
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    Bugs / Flaws:
    - HL2 SMG has no reloading sound
    - HL2 Pistol has no reloading sound
    - HL2 Pulse Rifle has normal bullet tracers and no impact effect
    - HL2 Shotgun spams
    Code:
    weapons/weapon_twitch_hl2shotgun/shared.lua:110: attempt to index a nil value
    - CSS M3 Shotgun can be shot while reloading
    - CSS P228 has no firing sound (Could be my edge)
    - I only get the console commands for "damagemul","recoilmul","tracerfreq"
    - I personally don't like the blue-ish crosshair, kinda hard to see on light-grey concrete, please use something more visible, such as black/white

Edit: This is in singleplayer, not tested in multiplayer
    Have you got both versions installed at once? You shouldn't. Aside from the reloading sounds and the crosshair thing, those issues seem implausible with the newer version. Consider clearing your addons folder and repopulating it carefully if this isn't a case of version conflicts. (As a general rule of thumb, never have multiple versions of something installed at once.)

26. Post #66
    April 2006
    17 Posts
    This is the best thing i've ever downloaded, and it has an easy to use slow motion too.

27. Post #67
    February 2006
    210 Posts
    Somebody requested I make this, so here it is.

This plugin is for use with Ironsights Designer ( http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=29787 ) and Twitch Weaponry v2. Extract to garrysmod/garrysmod/addons.

This plugin modifies Ironsights Designer (if it is loaded) to be able to transplant coordinates onto TW weapons and save coordinate files to data/twitch_aimposang. Additionally, it loads any coordinate files in data/twitch_aimposang when you start a game or join a server and automatically transplants them onto TW weapons of the appropriate model.

An example application: If you had a custom AK47 model, and the aim coordinates for the TW AK47 weapon were not appropriate for your custom model, you could use Ironsights Designer to save custom coordinates for the v_rif_ak47 model, and these wil be loaded automatically in both singleplayer and multiplayer - so you can have the weapon with a custom model looking right for you wherever you are playing.

An example coordinate file is provided for the P228 that changes the model to be more to the side of the crosshair. Just remove the file in the data folder of the addon to get back the original coordinates. Also, the standard format (IronSightsPos, IronSightsAng) will still be read correctly by the transplanter, so .txt files from the stock version of ID should work if placed in the correct folder.

This is a quick hackjob. Report problems here, but don't expect easy solutions or constant fixes.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,096 Posts
    Any more updates soon?

29. Post #69
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    5,500 Posts
    you should put some tags on that download so others can see it

30. Post #70
    October 2008
    365 Posts
    So could I use custom models and skins with this?

31. Post #71
    May 2006
    5 Posts
    Superb pack Devenger, most fun I've had with one. Exactly what it needs to be. Your implementation of slowmo is a perfect fit.

32. Post #72
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    1,027 Posts
    Looks very nice! Ill try it out, and then ill turn a map into a fun little video game simulation...of hundreds of combine. Time Crisis, anyone?

33. Post #73
    July 2009
    3 Posts
    where do i get the models

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,725 Posts
    where do i get the models
    Buy CS:S

35. Post #75
    May 2007
    454 Posts
    Could you please make a weapons base, where the "twich" funtionality is always on, but the secondary can be for anyting, or for the Bullet Time. There have been at least two similar semi-requests for this so far, and it would be extremely helpful.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,000 Posts
    Could you please make a weapons base, where the "twich" funtionality is always on, but the secondary can be for anyting, or for the Bullet Time. There have been at least two similar semi-requests for this so far, and it would be extremely helpful.
    Maybe just a toggle mode for it in the options?

37. Post #77
    September 2008
    481 Posts
    There's a bug. I can't hear any CS:S weapons sound if there isn't slowmo mode enabled.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,000 Posts
    There's a bug. I can't hear any CS:S weapons sound if there isn't slowmo mode enabled.
    Check your multipler for slowmo, you might have accedently bumped the speed up (to where it's too fast to hear). Other than that, I donno, I haven't had any problems with it (sv_cheats on and off).

39. Post #79
    September 2008
    481 Posts
    Weapons' sounds are normal at 0.6, higher at higher values etc.

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,000 Posts
    Weapons' sounds are normal at 0.6, higher at higher values etc.
    Hm, I donno then dude, maybe you computer's just retarded?