1. Post #1
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,428 Posts
    http://www.destructoid.com/australia...e-137682.phtml

Australia's censorship crusade continues! Yesterday, we talked about how the Australian government was about to start censoring the Internet, and today we find out that Second Life is also about to be blocked. I think the country is only one step away from burning people at the stake for crimes of witchcraft.
    I like this bit...

Presumably Second Life is being banned because you can choose to do sexy things if you truly want to. I heard you can do that in real life as well, so maybe Australia should just kill everybody in the country.
    I guess they didn't take my easy to follow advice from the last thread...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    8,442 Posts
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    February 2005
    16,428 Posts
    It's only step one. This can get very scary.

4. Post #4
    March 2009
    300 Posts
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahahaha hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    4,786 Posts
    Oh god, I'm so conflicted. I hate that furry cesspool which burned my eyes but I also hate the Australian government's crusade on videogames...

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    5,151 Posts
    Yeah keet at it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2005
    656 Posts
    I am laughing over the fact that someone in austrialia might of made a living over Second Life

8. Post #8
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,892 Posts
    Why is Australia doing this?

I don't understand the situation over there. Why are they censoring all your shit?

9. Post #9
    September 2007
    222 Posts
    I can hear the furries now...

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    664 Posts
    MMO's can't really have a rating as the content is determined but who's playing it. Since it can't be rated, it's banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    December 2008
    407 Posts
    It's not like anyone lives there anyways.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    725 Posts
    Shit's going to go down if they keep at it.

13. Post #13
    gay mexican
    July 2006
    14,576 Posts
    Of all the demographics in the world, I'd say Second Life players are the LEAST likely to initiate a violent overthrow.

Just sayin'. Y'all are fucked for now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    February 2005
    16,428 Posts
    Why is Australia doing this?

I don't understand the situation over there. Why are they censoring all your shit?
    No good reason. They think they need to protect the chillun', so instead of doing the right and smart thing of updating their absolute pile of shit for a rating system, they just ban it all and pretend it doesn't exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

August 2007
    104 Posts
    *facepalm*
    kevin rudd is a cunt

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,640 Posts
    So, once you eliminate video games, what's next... To my knowledge people killed other people and had sex with each other long before video games, sometimes even in that order
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,220 Posts
    Rather than say something ill-informed, I'll ask, was the person who introduced this new system elected on a platform consisting of a plan to do this?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,267 Posts
    Dear god, don't they realize you can do things of a sexual nature in real life too? BAN LIFE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2007
    681 Posts
    In Australia, they came first for Second Life, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like Second Life;

And then they came for GTA Hot Coffee, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like GTA Hot Coffee;

And then they came for the Postal 2, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like Postal 2;

And then... they came for me... and by that time there was no one left to speak up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    In Australia, they came first for Second Life, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like Second Life;

And then they came for GTA Hot Coffee, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like GTA Hot Coffee;

And then they came for the Postal 2, and I didnít speak up because I didn't like Postal 2;

And then... they came for me... and by that time there was no one left to speak up.
    As hackneyed, poorly delivered, and absent minded as your post is, you're right.

Hey, does this mean Australia sucks more than the US now?

21. Post #21
    October 2007
    1,169 Posts
    That'll teach those furcunts. But I feel sorry for the rest of Australia.

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Their criminal gene will just make them break those laws anyways.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,385 Posts
    What is Australia trying to accomplish?

24. Post #24
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,667 Posts
    I'm sorry but thank you fuck tards of the government, I just lost communication with my best fucking friend who I actually haven't seen for over 8 years, I'm about to fucking murder you all!

25. Post #25
    Volkswagen and Cigar Aficionado
    October 2006
    2,849 Posts
    What is Australia trying to accomplish?
    To try to erase the fact that they are still, deep inside, a prison colony. Censoring the present can never erase the past!

Also, am I the only one who is imagining an Australian version of V for Vendetta?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    As much as I hate Second Life, I also hate censorship, especially censoring something that is so trivial to the extent to where you wonder why they even had a discussion about this.

27. Post #27
    January 2008
    403 Posts
    Woo!

Seriously though, I believe that the Net Filter bill can't be passed as the senate does not agree to it.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    606 Posts
    I will laugh hard when they rename themselves Oceania.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2009
    124 Posts
    Their criminal gene will just make them break those laws anyways.
    :dogout:

30. Post #30
    November 2008
    1,165 Posts
    FUCK iT

Edited:

Time for US VPNs

31. Post #31
    July 2007
    169 Posts
    They're not just going to ban Second Life; every MMORPG, online game or online store with content over the MA15+ rating will be banned:
    http://www.mywii.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=3662

32. Post #32
    February 2007
    539 Posts
    That game hardly ran anyway. It looked like shit and it was a crash fest.

33. Post #33
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    They're not just going to ban Second Life; every MMORPG, online game or online store with content over the MA15+ rating will be banned:
    http://www.mywii.com.au/NewsDetail.aspx?id=3662
    PFFFahahahahahaha!

Maybe they should round off the corners of the internet browsers so kids don't replicate them and cut themselves.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,640 Posts
    Good thing I don't play MMO's then. I really hope this shit doesn't go down though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    This is turning into Norsefire rather quickly.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Of all the demographics in the world, I'd say Second Life players are the LEAST likely to initiate a violent overthrow.

Just sayin'. Y'all are fucked for now.
    World of Warcraft on the other hand...

Just imagine, if they try to ban that, eleven million angry nerds with torches and pitchforks descending on the Australian Capitol to rip apart Rudd with their bare sweaty hands...

37. Post #37
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,892 Posts
    To try to erase the fact that they are still, deep inside, a prison colony. Censoring the present can never erase the past!

Also, am I the only one who is imagining an Australian version of V for Vendetta?
    no because the Parliament isn't in Australia

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,947 Posts
    Oh well just import games that you want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    523 Posts
    Any site that allows downloads, or hosts games that contain content that is deemed inappropriate for 15-year-olds. This includes services such as Steam, and could potentially cripple the future of digital distribution in Australia.
    you have GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,220 Posts
    Looks like Australia is headed back to the stone age! Have fun!

On another note, I'd say...more than 70% of the internet is things which this system would deem inappropriate.

Also, did Australian citizens vote this shit into effect? I have the strangest feeling they didn't, or that if they did, it was coated in glittering generalities making it seem to do more than it would.