1. Post #1
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    For those of you who have been searching for a long time for a keypad cracker sWEP for your RP gamemodes, I have your answer!

Pic is on garrysmod.org

Please do not download Swoots' Keypad Cracker. I know it says that he did not make it, but it still steals downloads from mine. He just copied it and re-uploaded it (he even stole my pic! >.<). So please, only download my version. Thanks

DarkRP Keypad Cracker v1.0

This version of the keypad cracker uses the same base code as the lockpick in DarkRP. This keypad doesn't freeze you while cracking, looks just like the lockpick loading bar and behaves just as the lockpick does. This addon is good for servers that allow fading door tool and keypads.

Updates from old Keypad Cracker SWEP:

v1.0 (Initial Release)
    [ADDED] - Noises to indicate a keypad is being cracked (much like the lockpick)
    [FIXED] - Loading bar (redone with the style of the lockpick loading bar)
    [FIXED] - Keypad cracker no longer sends two "access granted"s to the keypad (Basically broken)

I do in fact know that there is a bug with the loading bar. If you open the chat box to talk, the loading bar disappears. If you do not move off of the keypad, you will continue to crack and it will still work. I am still looking for the solution to this problem.

Extract this to the "garrysmod/garrysmod/addons" directory.

Comment / Post Bugs / Suggest please!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2008
    1,486 Posts
    Is this a server addon? Or is it Clientside. Cause I went into a server and I saw it under weapons but it as admin only.

3. Post #3
    March 2009
    231 Posts
    This is a server addon, it is not a lua hack. The server has to put it in, then they have to add it to their custom shipments. I added it to my thief class. Sorry, but it is impossible (without brute forcing) to hack a 1.4 keypad with a clientside script.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,590 Posts
    Sorry, but it is impossible (without brute forcing) to hack a 1.4 keypad with a clientside script.
    No its not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    No its not.
    You can not hack secure keypads, everyone has tried and noone succeeded.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,590 Posts
    Its just rather hard. Im sure there must be a way to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    you could monitor the eye traces of every player on the server in a think and check when they were looking at keypads. If they were, you could then somehow find out if they were pressing 'use', and record the keystrokes applied to that keypad. Then when 'enter' was pressed and access granted, you'd know the combination.
    Good luck working out how to do it. :)

Edited:

Actually, if you were already recording the nwvar changes on the keypad, you could check which keys were being looked at when the 'code' int was updated. This might actually be possible, but would be ruined by two people looking at the keypad, or if a slight (random) delay was added between keypresses and updates.

8. Post #8
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    you could monitor the eye traces of every player on the server in a think and check when they were looking at keypads. If they were, you could then somehow find out if they were pressing 'use', and record the keystrokes applied to that keypad. Then when 'enter' was pressed and access granted, you'd know the combination.

Edited:

Actually, if you were already recording the nwvar changes on the keypad, you could check which keys were being looked at when the 'code' int was updated. This might actually be possible, but would be ruined by two people looking at the keypad, or if a slight (random) delay was added between keypresses and updates.
    The problem is that you just can't see if another player is pressing use clientside.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    The problem is that you just can't see if another player is pressing use clientside.
    when you press use, the keypad's keypad_num NWInt is updated with the current code, or if it's secure, the number of *s. Therefore, after a bit of testing to work out the general delay between press and update, you could work out which key was pressed to make the code be updated, if you stored the past n keys that were looked at.

10. Post #10
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    when you press use, the keypad's keypad_num NWInt is updated with the current code, or if it's secure, the number of *s. Therefore, after a bit of testing to work out the general delay between press and update, you could work out which key was pressed to make the code be updated, if you stored the past n keys that were looked at.
    True, but i doubt that we can find the usermessage that garry used (If he used one we can use in Lua anyway).

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    True, but i doubt that we can find the usermessage that garry used (If he used one we can use in Lua anyway).
    hook.Add("Think", "keypadCheck",function()
    	for _,ent in ipairs(ents.GetAll()) do
    		if ent:GetClass() == "sent_keypad" then
    			if ent._PrevKey ~= ent:GetNWInt"keypad_num" then
    				MsgN"Key has changed!"
    				ent._PrevKey = ent:GetNWInt"keypad_num"
    			end
    		end
    	end
    end)

12. Post #12
    June 2009
    93 Posts
    Who needs a keypad cracker, just go mad as a SWAT with that door ram 8)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2008
    1,500 Posts
    I always guess everyone's pass is 1337

:D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    What is sad is, Kirad's idea usually works...

[that or 1234 (or some pattern like that), or 1357 (it makes a "Y" on the Keypads. I've also seen 7951, which on a numpad makes a "Y")]

15. Post #15
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    I just wrote one for 1.4, shall I post it so it might get fixed or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2008
    176 Posts
    You should keep it for yourself and enjoy it.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    436 Posts
    Would it be possible for some one to add support for wire keypads? Because that could really be cool.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,656 Posts
    You do have a choice, release it and chance it getting fixed, or keep it and get spammed by people (me too) trying to get it I would just keep it and only give it to people you trust won't release it.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,590 Posts
    I would just keep it and only give it to people you trust won't release it.
    *Hint* Me *Hint*

20. Post #20
    July 2008
    659 Posts
    Don't post it. It'll only get fixed.

If you're srs, just give it to people you trust.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,661 Posts
    Couldn't you strafe away from the keypad and press use and move mouse to confuse the script?

22. Post #22
    July 2008
    659 Posts
    Couldn't you strafe away from the keypad and press use and move mouse to confuse the script?
    I doubt that'd happen.

Couldn't it be possible though? Sort of like a spectating lua script?

23. Post #23
    December 2007
    539 Posts
    The keycode is stored serverside. There is no way the client can access it.

Please learn some basic LUA or programming at all before making a fool of yourself.

However using an LUA hack you could definitely find the keycode while someone else is opening it (tracking eye angle). It's easy to do using ULX spectate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    You can not hack secure keypads, everyone has tried and noone succeeded.
    I beg to differ.

It's not visible, but this is a secured keypad.

25. Post #25
    July 2007
    291 Posts
    i beg to differ.

it's not visible, but this is a secured keypad.
    WANT

/caps.

26. Post #26
    April 2007
    185 Posts
    Haha wow nice someone actually done that ;D
    :P

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Did you use my method or one of your own?

28. Post #28
    November 2007
    4 Posts
    I beg to differ.

It's not visible, but this is a secured keypad.
    *Bites through the metal spoon in my mouth*
    Want 0_0

29. Post #29
    July 2008
    121 Posts
    *Bites through the metal spoon in my mouth*
    Want 0_0
    Same :/

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    March 2008
    1,310 Posts
    I would like to "test" this please. :D

31. Post #31
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    Did you use my method or one of your own?
    Your method for secured, the 1.3 method for unsecured, though I hadn't looked at it before making this.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Your method for secured, the 1.3 method for unsecured, though I hadn't looked at it before making this.
    Woot, concept proved. :c00l:

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,694 Posts
    -snip-

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    786 Posts
    Track where the player is looking, and compare to where each key is, record it, report code.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,804 Posts
    Needs more clientside keypad cracker in here.

36. Post #36
    Needs more clientside keypad cracker in here.
    This.

37. Post #37
    July 2008
    121 Posts
    This
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    lol.

Well, I'm still deciding, on one side I don't want every script kiddie to start hacking keypads, but on the other side I want to force a fix for it, since writing a cracker for this can be made tons harder my making a simple change to the keypad code.

39. Post #39
    April 2007
    1,093 Posts
    lol.

Well, I'm still deciding, on one side I don't want every script kiddie to start hacking keypads, but on the other side I want to force a fix for it, since writing a cracker for this can be made tons harder my making a simple change to the keypad code.
    Release it, i wan't to see a new keypad (version) anyway, and i am curious on how you did it exactly.

40. Post #40
    July 2008
    121 Posts
    Release it, i wan't to see a new keypad (version) anyway, and i am curious on how you did it exactly.
    This