1. Post #1
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,003 Posts
    :siren:IF YOU'VE COME TO TROLL, FUCK OFF:siren:
    :siren:THE METALLICA THREAD CAN BE FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW, ALL METALLICA DISCUSSIONS GO THERE:siren:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=771575

Megadeth is a thrash metal band formed in 1983, after Metallica guitarist Dave Mustaine was kicked from the band for his hard drug abuse and alcohol problems, as he wanted to be more famous, and play better, harder music. Mustaine formed Megadeth with bassist David Ellefson, and has gone through many band members, with only the original 2 members remaining thoughout the band's life, until 2002, when Ellefson left due to personal disagreements with Mustaine. Megadeth have released 17 albums (11 studio, 6 live), along with 30 singles, 2 EPs, 32 music videos and 3 compilations.

Megadeth rose to fame during the 1980s, as a pioneer of the the thrash metal movement, and has been widely regarded as one of the "Big Four of Thrash", alongside their main competitor, Metallica, as well as Slayer and Anthrax.

The band's first album was "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!", released in 1985, followed by their second album, "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?" 2 years later, in 1987. "So Far, So Good... So What!" was released in 1988, "Rust In Peace" in 1990, "Countdown To Extinction" in 1992, "Youthanasia" in 1994, "Cryptic Writings" in 1997, "Risk" in 1999, "The World Needs A Hero" in 2001, "Still Alive... And Well?" in 2002, "The System Has Failed" in 2004, and "United Abominations" in 2007.

The band broke up during 2002, after Mustaine received a serious nerve injury in his left arm. He began to play guitar again after 4 months of physical therapy 5 days a week, having to basically re-teach his left hand.

The original line up was Mustaine (guitar, vocals), Ellefson(bass), Greg Handevidt (guitar) and Dijon Carruthers (drums).

The current line up is: Mustaine (guitar, vocals), Chris Broderick (guitar, backing vocals), James Lomenzo (bass, backing vocals), and Shawn Drover (drums/percussion).

Past members can be seen in the list below:

David Ellefson – bass guitar, backing vocals (1983–2002)
    Greg Handevidt – guitar, backing vocals (1983–1984)
    Gar Samuelson – drums, percussion (1984–1987)
    Chris Poland – guitar, backing vocals (1984–1987, 2004)
    Mike Albert – guitar, backing vocals (1984-1985)
    Chuck Behler – drums, percussion (1987–1988)
    Jeff Young – guitar, backing vocals (1988–1990)
    Nick Menza – drums, percussion (1989–1998, 2004)
    Marty Friedman – guitar, backing vocals (1990–2000)
    Jimmy DeGrasso – drums, percussion (1998–2002)
    Al Pitrelli – guitar, backing vocals (2002–2004)
    Vinnie Colaiuta – drums, percussion (2004)
    Jimmy Sloas – bass guitar, backing vocals (2004)
    James MacDonough – bass guitar, backing vocals (2004–2006)
    Glen Drover – guitar, backing vocals (2004–2008)

:siren:Megadeth's new album, titled "Endgame" has been released, if you haven't already, BUY IT NOW:siren:

One of the most recognisable features of a Megadeth song is Dave's very growl-y vocals, which may be regarded as a love-hate feature.

Themes that occur the most often are political issues, war, and nuclear war, as well as the aftermath, and as of late, personal happenings.

Feel free to contribute here, as long as it is related to the band.

My first thread on a band, please don't be too harsh. And for some reason, I can't get the Music icon for this. Wahey for 3000 posts.

Album art:

Killing Is My Business:
    Original:

Remaster:

Peace Sells:

So Far, So Good... So What!:

Rust In Peace:

Countdown To Extinction:

Youthanasia:

Cryptic Writings

Risk (2 versions, no idea which is which)

The World Needs A Hero:

The System Has Failed:

United Abominations:

Endgame:

Songs:

Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good!

These Boots (ORIGINAL!)

Hangar 18

Return To Hangar

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Dread And The Fugitive Mind

Peace Sells

Headcrusher

EDIT:

http://forums.megadeth.com

The official Megadeth forums!

All of the band members post regularly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    I'm more of a Metallica guy, but I also like Megadeth.

Dave Mustaine kicks ass with laser guitars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    FUCK YOU
    November 2006
    1,922 Posts

"hi guys you all suck and i rule"

Dave Mustaine's a prick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,003 Posts
    First line of OP, read it matey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,277 Posts

"hi guys you all suck and i rule"

Dave Mustaine's a prick
    But he's so awesome he's allowed to be a prick.

<3 Megadeth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    r. panda is a racist and ibuwebu is mai waifu
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    They are great, but it has always puzzled me that they have never had a truly super heavy super fast song, like Metallica has with "Fight Fire With Fire" and "Damage, Inc."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    Professional Hustler
    July 2006
    931 Posts
    They are great, but it has always puzzled me that they have never had a truly super heavy super fast song, like Metallica has with "Fight Fire With Fire" and "Damage, Inc."
    Holy Wars
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    I was watching "some kind of monster" (metallica rockumentary) and it was sort of sad seeing how that dave felt his whole life was a dissapointment and he had to live life as second best, and it was his fault. Second best meaning second best to metallica (thats what he felt) and it was his fault because he got himself kicked out of metallica.

Edited:

Also Holy Wars isn't really fast and furious, not like Fight fire with fire or Damage Inc anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2008
    263 Posts
    I like metallica more, but i really do like megadeth. Im glad they both exist!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,367 Posts
    Dave mustain rules the earth . death to metallica.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    My opinion

Metallica > Megadeth

but

Megadeth =/= bad

Megadeth = good

but

Metallica are still > Megadeth
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,123 Posts
    Mustaine is a fucking god.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,003 Posts
    My opinion

Metallica > Megadeth

but

Megadeth =/= bad

Megadeth = good

but

Metallica are still > Megadeth
    Mine:
    Megadeth =/= Metallica
    Metallica = awesome
    Megadeth = awesome

Metal in general =/= bad
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    Mine:
    Megadeth =/= Metallica
    Metallica = awesome
    Megadeth = awesome

Metal in general =/= bad
    I agree. I'm not sure why people have to choose one or the other. I like both, and I rock out to both.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2008
    263 Posts
    I agree. I'm not sure why people have to choose one or the other. I like both, and I rock out to both.
    This, 100%
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    I'm only choosing one or the other because one simply makes more pleasing noises to my ears. I still listen to both plenty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,407 Posts
    I prefer Megadeth. Musically, Dave has saved their style throughout the years.
    And lyrically, and I fucking love the theme of his lyrics.
    I'm okay with both Metallica, and Megadeth for that matter.
    Metallica's Master Of Puppets is just godlike, and I never heard anything as awesome as that.

Denzo, quit fucking bitching about Dave on every possible thread that mentions him. That makes you just as much of a prick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Israel Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    237 Posts
    Metallica makes me throw up in my mouth a little.

Megadeth, not at all

TAKE NO PRISONERS, TAKE NO SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    616 Posts
    Instead of doing pointless arguing on a forum, I instead recommend a you all a good Megadeth song.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Holy Wars
    nope

Edited:

TAKE NO PRISONERS, TAKE NO SHIT
    This one comes VERY close
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2007
    981 Posts
    Megadeth is awesome. They are still awesome. Metallica...not so much. They were good but not as much now. Megadeth as been pretty consistent.

I prefer Megadeth. Also Dave is fucking awesome and I pretty much don't like James or Lars, or really anyone from Metallica.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    They're a lot more down to earth and calm when compared to Dave lol. I'm surprised friedman stayed in the band as long as he did considering how different they act
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,755 Posts
    Both bands are pretty equal in my books...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,236 Posts
    In my opinion, Megadeth is way more consistent than Metallica but nothing Megadeth has done is as good as Metallica's best work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    September 2008
    444 Posts
    Amazing band, probably one of the top 3 thrash bands of all time.
    I love 'em, and I can't wait for their new album.
    They have yet to disappoint me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Naw
    June 2009
    295 Posts
    In my opinion, Megadeth is way more consistent than Metallica but nothing Megadeth has done is as good as Metallica's best work.
    Pretty much this.

28. Post #28
    WERGWERGWERGWERGWERG
    September 2008
    22,003 Posts
    Here's a bit of trivia for ye:
    Dave brought his dog to the recording of an album(when he was still in Metallica), and it jumped up on (I think) the bassist's car, and scratched the paint. James went on to scream and shout at Dave's dog, then kicked it.

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

29. Post #29
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,859 Posts
    A lot of their shit is repetitive. After hearing the Peace Sells album on Rockband I winced, because it's just fucking awesome cool acoustic intros, then weird as fuck metal riffs, then fast shred solos, then fast picking riffs. Most of their songs seem to have that element.

They have some really kick ass songs (Holy Wars, Peace Sells, Hanger 18) but overall I'd say the song quality is pretty average.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    There is a lot of that on that album but it's really their only album that follows that structure

31. Post #31
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,859 Posts
    There is a lot of that on that album but it's really their only album that follows that structure
    Sleepwalker does too, which is why I assumed it.

32. Post #32
    Dennab
    May 2006
    12,080 Posts
    Yeah there usually is at least one song on each album that follows that structure, but none have said structure near as prevalently as Peace Sells. I mean Rust in Peace doesn't have a single song like that, and you can only barely say that Killing is my Business does
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,165 Posts
    In my opinion I like MegaDeth more than Metallica, and Dave seems like a pretty nice guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    12,859 Posts
    I might give them a listen then. I found that structure to be a major turn off, but I LOVE songs like Peace Sells and Hangar 18

35. Post #35
    October 2008
    701 Posts
    Gotta love megadeth :3:
    also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    1,651 Posts
    A friend of mine made a fuckton of these Dave Mustaine advice things.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    237 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

38. Post #38
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,146 Posts

Nice thread, TELL IT TO READERS DIGEST!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,236 Posts
    Here's a bit of trivia for ye:
    Dave brought his dog to the recording of an album(when he was still in Metallica), and it jumped up on (I think) the bassist's car, and scratched the paint. James went on to scream and shout at Dave's dog, then kicked it.

:(
    That dog deserved it. He violated the car of the almighty Cliff Burton.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    646 Posts
    That dog deserved it. He violated the car of the almighty Cliff Burton.
    It was Ron Mcgoveney.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)