1. Post #1441
    January 2010
    288 Posts
    Recommend you fix the sounds on the model, seeing they don't make a noise. There is also a issue of the model falling over when it moves so you need to find a way to stop that.

Edited:

It would also be good if you made them faster, like they move when you instantly look away instead of having to wait. Replacing the model when it gets near you with the other two would look even better per example; model A (with the hands covering face) would proceed to model B (one hand out) once it gets very close to you and then model C (hands out ready to pounce) once its right next to you.
    Sounds: Working
    Models: Sniper, I'll try fixing the models up like they are in the download.
    Edit: Can't. Toybox requires they be set up like that.
    Edit 2: MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for The_Sniper_9/DoctorWho/Extras/Angels/AngelIdle.mdl ??? Anyone know what that means? Since i cant exactly have that model path in the upload, is there any workaround?
    Model Falling Over: I'll see what i can do.
    Jamie, yes I uploaded all the model / texture files.

I made it a little quicker.. Cant make it instantaneous or you wouldnt be able to see the model transitions before you're dead. And it already does transition between models. It does the arms out pose when it attacks you... Points when it gets ready to attack, and goes back to covered eyes when it's just moving around.

Edit: Anyone think they can help me with the coding part? As i've said, i'm a bit of a novice. And it would be nice if i could make the model always face the target... Not a clue on how to do that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #1442
    July 2010
    603 Posts
    I'm not downloading it, into the doctor models come out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1443
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    494 Posts
    Edit: Anyone think they can help me with the coding part? As i've said, i'm a bit of a novice. And it would be nice if i could make the model always face the target... Not a clue on how to do that.
    I'm fairly new to LUA programming, but I have done quite a bit with other languages. I'd like to help, but I can't access the code. Can you send me a copy? I'll try fix stuff, and send it back if I manage to fix anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

4. Post #1444
    Dosen't need a bigger avatar
    April 2010
    3,157 Posts
    I'm not downloading it, into the doctor models come out.
    your loss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #1445
    January 2010
    288 Posts
    I'm fairly new to LUA programming, but I have done quite a bit with other languages. I'd like to help, but I can't access the code. Can you send me a copy? I'll try fix stuff, and send it back if I manage to fix anything.
    Sure. Thanks for the help

Link to code sent in PM.. If you do any fixes, send me a link to the new code.

6. Post #1446
    January 2010
    288 Posts
    Weeping angel fixed... mostly.. (Still has the invisible model problem for those who haven't downloaded the DW pack.. But i'm assuming that anyone on this thread has downloaded it)
    http://toybox.garrysmod.com/ingame/?...54&tab=details

Garrysmod.org upload coming whenever i can be arsed to do it...
    Edit: It might go faster if someone else were to do it :D... College is getting in the way >.>

7. Post #1447
    January 2011
    875 Posts
    Are these rip from the bbc game? :D those games are pretty boring but the characters are pretty well done.

8. Post #1448
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Nope, they are all done from scratch using screen shots from the show.

9. Post #1449
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Are these rip from the bbc game? :D those games are pretty boring but the characters are pretty well done.
    Can't. That game is protected under something, copyrighted I think.

10. Post #1450
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,723 Posts
    Can't. That game is protected under something, copyrighted I think.
    But its still actually possible to rip from them, reguardless of copyright?

11. Post #1451
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,948 Posts
    But its still actually possible to rip from them, reguardless of copyright?
    Yeah, it should be right? Unless the models use some sortof unknown impossible model format :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events

12. Post #1452
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Every game has a copyright and yet that does not stop people from stealing models from them... Yes you can steal models and textures from the game but I wont, go somewhere else if you want those. (I don't mean for that to sound mean or talking down to people so don't take it that way)

13. Post #1453
    April 2010
    3,157 Posts
    someone do it! even if we only get the doctor and amy its good because we have the enemys

14. Post #1454
    January 2011
    875 Posts
    someone do it! even if we only get the doctor and amy its good because we have the enemys
    It also includes a few more rooms for the TARDIS too in one of the episodes, having rooms other than the console room would be fun to have! Also, I think it's weird that we only see that room in the show, we've seen one or two others though and random references to other rooms :)

15. Post #1455
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,948 Posts
    It also includes a few more rooms for the TARDIS too in one of the episodes, having rooms other than the console room would be fun to have! Also, I think it's weird that we only see that room in the show, we've seen one or two others though and random references to other rooms :)
    Apparently we'll be seeing more of the TARDIS in Series 6.

Don't got a confirmed source, only rumors and speculations AFAIK.

16. Post #1456
    January 2011
    48 Posts
    Easy now TheSniper9, most game ports for Gmod are breaches of copyright in one way or another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1457
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,550 Posts
    I'd like to add my support for TheSniper9's position regarding taking models from other games or websites.

It's still stealing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1458
    January 2011
    48 Posts
    I'd like to add my support for TheSniper9's position regarding taking models from other games or websites.

It's still stealing.
    Well it is, but most Gmodders aren't concerned so much about legality as they are about new models.

19. Post #1459
    Jeo
    June 2010
    421 Posts
    Sniper, do you plan on adding a small interior picture to the TARDIS model with the door open like the old pack? and will you also update all the bad wolf TARDIS props? I was never able to use them correctly after the last pack when you made the tardis door bigger thus making it too big for badwolf. now it looks like a horrible home project gone wrong compared to the the 2005 TARDIS and your TARDIS models.

p.s. the face of the old doctor does infact work and the eye where the eyelash is problem is gone. all you have to do is replace the face textures.

p.s.s. the old blue suit was better than this fake plasticy new one. also, like the faces, can be replaced.

20. Post #1460
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    All the Bad Wolf stuff is kinda dead, there wont be any updates to it (never saw many people using or caring about it anyway so not worth my time to make all new ones). As for the Open door Tardis models I may get around to doing it at some point but not sure right now. And for the Doctor model, at some point there will be a whole new model and texture but its anyone guess when that will be finished up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1461
    January 2010
    288 Posts
    Well guys... Someone made a video of the weeping angel in action..

Not the best vid, but a decent showoff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #1462
    April 2010
    3,157 Posts
    thats awesome!

23. Post #1463
    Jeo
    June 2010
    421 Posts
    lol I love how they get stuck in walls XD

24. Post #1464
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    Looking awesome, Love to see them get this kind of support.

25. Post #1465
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,948 Posts
    Holy shit, fucking scary how they choose the spots they choose, like right in the middle of an open area, such as at the end of hallways, right in the middle.

26. Post #1466
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,723 Posts
    They're cool, would be better if they were ultra fast, seeing how they can rapidly move with a light off less than a second.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1467
    July 2009
    286 Posts
    The angels are great so far, only three suggestions I can think of are
    - speed em up a little
    - reduce the additional angle past your field of view at which they're allowed to move
    - get rid of the episode quotes

28. Post #1468
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,948 Posts
    - get rid of the episode quotes
    Agreed. All the sounds it makes are completely stupid and unneccessary in my opinion. Especially the voice lines.

29. Post #1469
    January 2010
    288 Posts
    Blar.. I have accidently deleted whatever i'd done to the models to make them working.. As well as deleted the models from the cloud.. So unless sniper makes a set of models just for the toybox version, the newly silenced angels are gone for good.

30. Post #1470
    Jeo
    June 2010
    421 Posts
    Blar.. I have accidently deleted whatever i'd done to the models to make them working.. As well as deleted the models from the cloud.. So unless sniper makes a set of models just for the toybox version, the newly silenced angels are gone for good.
    You win some you lose some.

31. Post #1471
    February 2011
    2 Posts
    So what's the deal with the Doctor models?

Firstly, I think it's completely awesome that you guys have put this much time into creating a pack of Doctor Who stuff for GMOD. I appreciate every piece of work you guys have done.

But, truly, when can we expect to see our dear friend Tennant and Smith in digital form?

32. Post #1472
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    So what's the deal with the Doctor models?

Firstly, I think it's completely awesome that you guys have put this much time into creating a pack of Doctor Who stuff for GMOD. I appreciate every piece of work you guys have done.

But, truly, when can we expect to see our dear friend Tennant and Smith in digital form?
    I have never compiled a ragdoll so I still need to look in to what has to be done with the qc and all that (that's why the Cybermen was not finished as well) they will come... at some point in the future.

33. Post #1473
    Jeo
    June 2010
    421 Posts
    they will come... at some point in the future.
    a true old school facepunch modeler :)

34. Post #1474
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,550 Posts
    My 2010 TARDIS is now on Toybox.

I'm trying to get the 2005 version on also but I'm having problems.

Edited:

-snip-

I had finally released my long-awaited gm_TARDIS map on to Toybox but I've had to pull it due to the barrage of negative comments from people who don't understand what Doctor Who is and think it's just a crappy Roleplay map. It's not worth getting my account banned over.

This is a very small map with nothing to do, 1/10.
    Hey, this map is fucking small. I thought you said this download was large. I took it you meant that this map was larger than the textures I just had to download. 0/10. Learn to map.
    You should not upload something so sloppy.. either finish it or take it down.
    So you can thank those people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #1475
    Jeo
    June 2010
    421 Posts
    can we get some ingame shots?

36. Post #1476
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,550 Posts
    -snip-

37. Post #1477
    April 2008
    378 Posts
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

I will let the image speak for its self!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

38. Post #1478
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

Yes, yes, yeeeessssss!

39. Post #1479
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,550 Posts
    GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!!!

Get it on ToyBox

Edited:

Also thanks for helping me in the comments :buddy:

40. Post #1480
    December 2010
    2,025 Posts
    Get it on ToyBox
    What about the SVN?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)