1. Post #1
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,948 Posts
    Wurm Online

If you don't want to pay heres the GV thread ran by Pvt.Ryan
    GV Thread

What Is Wurm

Wurm Online is a complete java based game devloped by some swedish fuck named Rolf Jannson. He codes like how a russian shoots after 5 bottles of vodka.

Besides this the game is completely open to terraforming. This means you can terraform the entire landscape. Build houses. Cut down every tree and greif your next door neighbor to make him move and take over his land. (Wild Server Only). If you don't want to do this there is an entire crafting system. Carpentry,Masonry,Smithing. All that open up into Ship Building, Fletching, Weapon Smithing, Blacksmithing, Shield Smithing and much much more. For you old players who hated walking around we now have horses and boats that run/sail at like 30km/h, so the map has become smaller and you can cover greater distances. If you didn't like walking to places, now you'll love it. If you plan on coming back, or joining wurm, join Wild not Freedumb. Sure it costs like 10 euros to play GREAT FUCKING DEAL. You can now buy premium with the silver coins you have, 10s for 1 month.

FacePunch On Wurm

Facepunch has had a long history in wurm and we are recognized sadly mostly for stupid and bad things but its turned around currently. There are currently two FP towns in wurm. Before then there has been dozens of Facepunch towns and camps. Most likely if you played this game earlier you know about The Pirate Outpost, Lupus Pactum, Shantytown

FacePunch Towns

Arkhangel Asylum

Arkhangel Asylum is a developing HOTS village run by IvanStreptovsky. It will eventually become a Fortress Shipyard and hopefully an important base of operations to the Horde. It is run in the Post-Revolution Soviet Russian style, and it gets its namesake from the Russian port city of Arkhangel'sk. This town is Horde Of The Summoned (Blacklight)

Pirate Outpost

-Pirate outpost has disbanded but hopefully will make a comeback-

The Town is generically ran by Raloc.

Questions And Answers

What server do you play on?
    Wild, You have to buy premimum

How much does it cost
    Because the europeans have sticks up there asses the euro makes every other currency shift so fucking much everyday premium can cost anywhere from 12USD to 16USD every TWO MONTHS. Or if you want some moneys in game you can do 1 Month and 5 Silver. You can buy a few goodies with that money.

Will you pay it
    No inless your someone worthy of us paying for it, Aka: Be useful. You can also have 10s in your bank and buy 1 month of premium (1silver = 1 euro)

Alright im on wild now what?

Contact either Cubeman,Cardboardboxprocessor,Icarusthegreat,Milp, Fernando ingame.

How do you get influence for your kingdom
    You build towers for your kingdom. They require 500 bricks, 500 clay, 100 planks. You dig or make all of that your self.

Can you terraform everything?
    Yes, Chop down every tree, drop dirt, dig dirt, mine what ever you want.

Can you raid towns?
    Yes, When ever you want. With catapults. With large groups of people. Kill everyone, Besides your own kingdom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling x 3Dumb x 2Funny x 2Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,783 Posts
    We left off on pubbies, the ability to sit on chairs, and complaining. Proceed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    Old thread got locked. Contiune discussion here.

Facepunch's history

Facepunch has history in wurm alot of it being bad. Facepunch has had alot of villages in wurm. 99% of them failed after a month due to lack of intrest, Power struggle or someone decided to make a splinter village which led to another splinter village ect. Now with GV being the only free server and it being complete shit facepunch's involvement in the game has dropped though there are few towns where Facepunch existance is there but only one or two in numbers.
    And nearly all people from Facepunch who currently play Wurm just fuck around and troll eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    May 2009
    1,349 Posts
    I've never tried Wurm. I was looking up Infiniminer type games when I came across it. Judging from the above post it seems it would not worth getting into. Is the community still alive?

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    I've never tried Wurm. I was looking up Infiniminer type games when I came across it. Judging from the above post it seems it would not worth getting into. Is the community still alive?
    Wurm is a great game with a great community. Facepunch however is not that community. Read the old thread for a good idea of it. Just download the game, join a town or build a house, do the tutorials, the players are helpful so you shouldn't have much of a problem.

6. Post #6
    January 2009
    56 Posts
    gets boring if you've played it for as long (and as much) as i have

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,434 Posts
    don't play they discriminate against people of color

also cubeman is a totally asshat

1. he betrayed facepunch
    2. he dresses up and play with toy guns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,948 Posts
    i didn't betray facepunch wtf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    I think you're all idiots generally.

That's all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    :^)
    May 2009
    1,767 Posts
    Its a great game may i say myself, But it requires sanity. Its takes like 30 - 60 seconds to cut a tree, which you have to cut 3 times. But its very nice when you are settled in a village with a clan/friends/etc...

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    731 Posts
    I'm living quite happily in Aegis in the Freedom server.

Over 3/4 of the village population is female D:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    :^)
    May 2009
    1,767 Posts
    It wasn't me i swear officer.

13. Post #13
    January 2009
    332 Posts
    It wasn't me i swear officer.
    The formalities are over, you can leave. Best be getting off to that ranch of yours.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    So like, is the crafting system any fun? or do you just select a menu and as long as you have the materials it does it for you? Also what else can you do?

15. Post #15
    Too bad Rolf has gotten greedy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2009
    56 Posts
    what the fuck are you talking about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    So where is everyone?

18. Post #18
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    Well the Thread has taken a turn for the best.

Edited:

I'm living quite happily in Aegis in the Freedom server.

Over 3/4 of the village population is female D:.
    What's your user name? I'll come visit you when I finish my rowboat. Or you can visit my ranch just over the hill from Oreo. Bring Mooring rope.

Edited:

Its a great game may i say myself, But it requires sanity. Its takes like 30 - 60 seconds to cut a tree, which you have to cut 3 times. But its very nice when you are settled in a village with a clan/friends/etc...
    Indeed.

Edited:

So like, is the crafting system any fun? or do you just select a menu and as long as you have the materials it does it for you? Also what else can you do?
    Yes, it's a very long process to Imp and create the materials but when your done it gives you a nice sense of accomplishment.

Edited:

He has, he also has this horrible habit of when he makes mistakes, instead of admiting he's wrong he decides to destroy what he did wrong.

For example, he wanted wild to be able to raid home, home didn't like it, Rolf said fuck you, said he's closing wild and home, made Freedom and said Put up or Shutup.

Edited:

So where is everyone?
    Freedom Server, over the Hill from Oreo about a mile down or so, down the hill from Lativa. Lots of Lemon Trees but it's nice.

No one is EVER in local. Plenty of space, a mine, iron, I made a dock and cleared and flattened a 10x8 deed with two 2x3 buildings with a room off to the side, one's the house and one's a workshop. I have a shed and a unfinished row boat. I even made a dock for it if you want to use a boat to visit. I just need to finish paving, making fences and continue my workshop then all that's left are the Stove and Forge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    Any tips to decrease the damn lag? I'm on 800x600 and it's still lagging, whereas i can play all my other games at 1920x1080 with no problems.

20. Post #20
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    Turn off Sounds, Lower graphics. Try Sounds first, if you need anymore turn down settings to low or fastest. The settings are on the screen where you log in.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    340 Posts
    Oh man, this game was my fucking nightmare, seriously I was destoryed utterly in this game in very inconvient situations, my worst one was, im this cabin right now the spiders were a nusence but there never came too close, one time im just cuttin logs and I go outside to fetch some more logs, A SPIDER RIGHT THERE, I turn around you know hide safely in my cabin 2 MORE MOTHER FUCKING SPIDERS, I was dead and I promptly fear-quit from that game forever !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    January 2007
    52 Posts

i cut down a very old tree in one cut and its takes 4 seconds. Practice more.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,600 Posts
    The community for this game is largely ok (at least, it is on Freedom. Not sure about Wild but they seem to have calmed down a bit recently). However, don't join the facepunch guys. We have a terrible reputation on Wurm. Infact, don't even tell people you're from Facepunch, the only group they hate more than us is 4chan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2005
    64 Posts
    I liked this games ambition, infact I liked playing it. But when I look back on the time i played, all I did was work my ass off.....virtually...for nothing. Hmm...

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,979 Posts
    The community for this game is largely ok (at least, it is on Freedom. Not sure about Wild but they seem to have calmed down a bit recently). However, don't join the facepunch guys. We have a terrible reputation on Wurm. Infact, don't even tell people you're from Facepunch, the only group they hate more than us is 4chan.
    Funny is that 4chan accomplished to make a city bigger than JK's newtown in less than 2 days

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    4,525 Posts
    Most games get fun once you figure out how everything works.

Wurm stops being fun once you figure out how everything works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,355 Posts
    Funny is that 4chan accomplished to make a city bigger than JK's newtown in less than 2 days
    they also managed to kill the game in less than 2 days which resulted in golden vally
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2009
    332 Posts
    I liked this games ambition, infact I liked playing it. But when I look back on the time i played, all I did was work my ass off.....virtually...for nothing. Hmm...
    I feel the same way about life.. All I get is money. What the hell do I do with that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    When they all started to spawn in and march away it caused everyone in their general area to lag to the point of disconnection. They clear cut the forest for wood. It was great, it was like those huge columns of Refugees you see in Post Apocolpytic movies, only during the Iron Age.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,999 Posts
    When they all started to spawn in and march away it caused everyone in their general area to lag to the point of disconnection. They clear cut the forest for wood. It was great, it was like those huge columns of Refugees you see in Post Apocolpytic movies, only during the Iron Age.
    There must be a video somewhere of this... I'd love to see footage of them (maybe not realize, but clips over time of the forest vanishing, and a city rising up in it's place)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,948 Posts
    When i led like 25 of the bastards to the location there was like 5 left at the end. IDK what the fuck happened to the other 20
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    Anyone coming into Freedom that needs a place to stay can crash at my Ranch, just ask.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    can't find the freedom server you are talking about, for me there was wild or home

EDIT: also how do i cut down trees, with an axe, if so where can i get an axe?

34. Post #34
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    You have to get Perm and then go to GV, you then go to the Steppe by following the Amensty Road and at the top there is a Portal to Freedom.

Edited:

There are portals in Wild and Home too, by the way. But I don't know where.

35. Post #35
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,948 Posts
    i lol'd how eir is removing my posts but hortons can stay

obviously horton and eir have a new relationship where they share eir infections and have little whos

36. Post #36
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    Stop posting already.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    i didn't betray facepunch wtf
    yes you did

can you sit in chairs now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    1,246 Posts
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Stop trolling eachother and creating drama over a crappy game. Enjoy what there is to enjoy or stop posting.

39. Post #39
    POLITICAN
    August 2008
    6,948 Posts
    loling how eir banned me from the wurm forums cause i asked why she removed all my posts and not hortons

40. Post #40
    July 2007
    172 Posts
    Gm's don't moderate gm's they just give each other 99ql pickaxe's.