July 2007
    105 Posts
    Rampart?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3082
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,756 Posts
    I remember this game, you were on some kind of floating island asteroid thing, it played somewhat like an RTS.

You had to gather heavy water and send it through a portal thingy to this guild. I remember you could build these probes to find other flying rock island thing. (it's hard to remember, they looked like asteroids but were definitely floating above some kind of cloud layer.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3083
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,591 Posts
    Rampart?
    Not quite.

Found it, though.

It was called Fortress.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #3084
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    I remember this game, you were on some kind of floating island asteroid thing, it played somewhat like an RTS.

You had to gather heavy water and send it through a portal thingy to this guild. I remember you could build these probes to find other flying rock island thing. (it's hard to remember, they looked like asteroids but were definitely floating above some kind of cloud layer.)
    NetStorm: Islands at War?

5. Post #3085
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,515 Posts
    I remember seeing videos of this game where some kind of monster started chasing you while you were inside a house.
    All I remember was that you could hide in places like closets and it'd turn into a first-person view.
    Also, when you did and the monster was after you, he could open the door while you were inside.
    I only remember that because I didnt expect it and it scared the crap out of me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #3086
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,016 Posts
    I remember seeing videos of this game where some kind of monster started chasing you while you were inside a house.
    All I remember was that you could hide in places like closets and it'd turn into a first-person view.
    Also, when you did and the monster was after you, he could open the door while you were inside.
    I only remember that because I didnt expect it and it scared the crap out of me.
    Sounds like two games maybe:

Siren Blood Curse:

Go to 3:40

Or

Penumbra/ Amnesia lots of hiding from monsters so I cant really get a specific clip

7. Post #3087
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,756 Posts
    NetStorm: Islands at War?
    Thats not it, it was a sci-fi rts with 3-d graphics.

However I was looking for that one too.

8. Post #3088
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,515 Posts
    Sounds like two games maybe:

Siren Blood Curse:

Go to 3:40

Or

Penumbra/ Amnesia lots of hiding from monsters so I cant really get a specific clip
    Actually, I think that it had 2D pixel graphics.
    Also, you couldnt see through the closet, there weren't holes or anything, so that made it extra scary.

9. Post #3089

September 2007
    398 Posts
    I thought it was called Treasure Mountain but I don't think it is.

It was a 2D game probably made around 1994 for the PC. There were robot cat-like enemies and trampolines and magnets and a board game you played at the end of the game with a mad scientist that involved terrain and moving on tiles. I'm pretty sure it was a learning game too. I've got my paddles for the nostalgia canoe, I just can't find this river to ride down. Anyone know the game from my vague description?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treasure_Mountain!

They made several other games too.

I loved throwing snowballs lol.

Edited:

I'm looking for a FPS game where there were either aliens or dinosaurs (don't know), and you were in a spaceship and there was a room were you could bounce around with lower gravity.

10. Post #3090
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,515 Posts
    Actually, I think that it had 2D pixel graphics.
    Also, you couldnt see through the closet, there weren't holes or anything, so that made it extra scary.
    If it helps, I think that the monster was humanoid and was purple-ish.
    Might not sound scary, but it is.

Nevermind, found it. It was called Ao Oni.
    Not as scary as I remembered, but oh well.

11. Post #3091
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    I need help remembering one
    It was a sports game football of some sort but if you got injured it did this whole camera into the body with some serious looking "gore" injuries
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #3092
    November 2009
    2,873 Posts
    It was a sports game football of some sort but if you got injured it did this whole camera into the body with some serious looking "gore" injuries
    Blitz: The League 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #3093
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,557 Posts
    Blitz: The League 2
    Thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #3094
    April 2011
    7,745 Posts
    When I was a kid, I couldn't play any ball game because I thought the ball would rip off my head or I'd fall and break a leg or something.

How god damn right I was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #3095
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,240 Posts
    There was a game from top-down view where you controlled one of four vehicles which made walls depending on where you drive the vehicle and the objective was to crush the opponents into the walls and survive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #3096
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    There was a game from top-down view where you controlled one of four vehicles which made walls depending on where you drive the vehicle and the objective was to crush the opponents into the walls and survive.
    Could be any Tron Light Cycles variant, but the 4 player ones usually are late gen. GLTron / Armagedtron?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #3097
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,240 Posts
    Could be any Tron Light Cycles variant, but the 4 player ones usually are late gen. GLTron / Armagedtron?
    It was Armagedtron, it isn't top-down view but I remember playing this game when I was like 6, thanks!

18. Post #3098
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,069 Posts
    So I used to have a game on the PS2, it was called like Demolion day, or destruction day I swear. But ANY google search shows up with nothing. And no it was NOT demolition/destruction derby. It was essentialy banger racing. You could buy cars, paint them, take them to races free roam around to the areas, repair them, sell them. And they held long term damage too, so damaging and repair would still leave slight damage in the chassis etc. I REALLY wanna find this game, but can't find anything unless I'm wrong.

Edited:

Driven to Destruction That's the goddamn name. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfBCvW1UJTk EPIC game.

19. Post #3099
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,284 Posts
    This game I only played a demo of, but it was a long time ago and I forgot what it was called. Basically it was a First Person Shooter that started you off in some battle with people on horses, then you get teleported away in a critical moment. One gameplay element I remember that was pretty cool was that you could reload quicker by pressing R and then R again if you hit it at the right time, otherwise you'd jam your gun and take a little longer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

20. Post #3100
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,097 Posts
    This game I only played a demo of, but it was a long time ago and I forgot what it was called. Basically it was a First Person Shooter that started you off in some battle with people on horses, then you get teleported away in a critical moment. One gameplay element I remember that was pretty cool was that you could reload quicker by pressing R and then R again if you hit it at the right time, otherwise you'd jam your gun and take a little longer.
    The Darkest of Days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

21. Post #3101
    ?
    January 2006
    5,151 Posts
    Ok, this game was never released, but there was a thread on here about it a few years back.
    It was in an early stage (Beta perhaps?), and you played a superhero character. The big thing with this game was, you could choose from different powers to have for your character. I remember there being a video showing off some of the powers.

Anybody remember this game?

22. Post #3102
    May 2008
    809 Posts
    There was a game I only vaguely remember...

The character you play has Red Hair, a hoodie (yellow, I think) and platforming is quite a moderate part of the game. Not 2d or anything, it has PS2 worthy graphics...

23. Post #3103
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,201 Posts
    Ok, there's this game, it's all based around darkness. It's a side scroller, you play as a ginger kid, who lost his dog to the darkness. I remember a cutscene with the dog eating a fly, then, the world going dark, and the dog not being there a moment after. The kid then builds a ship of some sort, as well as a gun that shoots some sort of electricity ray.

The first level was a canyon-themed place. As you arrived, you'd be out of your ship, and I think that it fell off the canyon as you moved. I don't remember much else, other than the final boss, who looked a bit like a Sauron (I think), or just a darker Overlord. He had this little guy that "helped" him, a little pink guy that was rather pathetic. Also, I think that, at some point, you lost your gun, but gained some sort of supernatural power.

Graphics were PS1 worthy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

24. Post #3104
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Ok, there's this game, it's all based around darkness. It's a side scroller, you play as a ginger kid, who lost his dog to the darkness. I remember a cutscene with the dog eating a fly, then, the world going dark, and the dog not being there a moment after. The kid then builds a ship of some sort, as well as a gun that shoots some sort of electricity ray.

The first level was a canyon-themed place. As you arrived, you'd be out of your ship, and I think that it fell off the canyon as you moved. I don't remember much else, other than the final boss, who looked a bit like a Sauron (I think), or just a darker Overlord. He had this little guy that "helped" him, a little pink guy that was rather pathetic. Also, I think that, at some point, you lost your gun, but gained some sort of supernatural power.

Graphics were PS1 worthy
    Heart of Darkness

25. Post #3105
    June 2009
    132 Posts
    A PS2 dogfighter where your machinegun bullets were also your money. I think it was made by atlus.

26. Post #3106
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,201 Posts
    Heart of Darkness
    thanks, that game was a pretty huge part of my childhood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #3107
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    547 Posts
    I used to play this DOS game in elementary school, where the objective was to eat the healthy food, or else the character would die, and you also had to dodge some kind of monsters..

I can't remember the name of the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #3108
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,135 Posts
    Free game, played in the browser. It's like a spaceship building game. Lots of colors, but simple graphics, mostly just shapes. You attach the shapes to your ship, and they get damaged when shot and eventually blow up, and you need to protect the core of your ship or else it blows up and you start over.

You could copy your ship and post like, a link for others if they wanted to use your ship.

I can't remember the name of this game for the life of me.

29. Post #3109
    September 2009
    944 Posts
    Downloadable game, It was about evolution with cellular creatures And you can control the speed of the creatures, ANd how much food spawned. I remember how glitchy the snake creatures were.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

30. Post #3110

April 2012
    5 Posts
    Hey guys, I hope this is the right place for this question (and if it's not, I hope you can stil help me ;) )

About ten years ago (somewhere around 2000, I think) I played this game (as some kind of demo) on my Windows computer. I can't remember the name, but I can describe it vaguely to you.
    I really hope one of you knows what I'm talking about, because I've been searching for a very long time:

So, her we go with the description:
    You play as some kind of barbarian. It looks like an adventure game, and the environment is pretty colourful (but not cartoonish or something like that) Your enemies are most of the time knights, and the special thing is that you can cut of all their limbs and kick them around. this causes large bloodstains. You have to jump across rivers, I remember piles of burning hay, I also remember you had to cross a little river on a raft, to a island in the middle, and there you found a powerfull sword or shield, do defeat one of the more powerfull knights. There were also little green monsters with axes in treehouses, and some kind of tunnel which you should cross when large wooden sticks were trying to smash you...

But the thing I remember the most is the endboss (although, I think that's the endboss): a giant tree who stole your girlfriend/princess (on the loading screen of the game, there was a picture of the barbarian and the princess, sitting on a piece of wood, with the evil tree behind them, i think). I remember reaching the tree after defeating the little green mosters on some kind of cliff...

I would be so greatfull if one of you could tell me the title of this game!

thanks!!

LawLaw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events

31. Post #3111
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,252 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

32. Post #3112
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    You should also snip long quotes and stay on topic, but I guess you missed that part.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #3113

April 2012
    5 Posts
    If you're going to stick around on Facepunch, you'll need to remember a few, very vital things.

The first thing to remember is to never use smilies. If you do feel like you really, really need to use one, use the forum ones.

Another thing is to remember to capitalize your Is, and triple check that you spelt everything correctly.

Don't use more than one exclamation mark, and the final thing:

Never, ever, ever sign your posts. People can see your name right next to your post; they can tell what your name is at first glance. Signing your posts is pointless, dumb, and idiotic. It serves no purpose whatsoever, and only causes aggravation.
    Thanks for the tips man! I sincerely hope I didn't bust the servers with my one smiley, one non-capital "I" and one extra exclamation mark...

I was about to sign this post, but hey, guess that would make me a completely retarded idiot...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Zing Zing x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #3114
    Stuff done did
    October 2011
    13,382 Posts
    Thanks for the tips man! I sincerely hope I didn't bust the servers with my one smiley, one non-capital "I" and one extra exclamation mark...

I was about to sign this post, but hey, guess that would make me a completely retarded idiot...
    Now THIS is how you should post!

wonderful job

On topic---v

Was the game isometric(top-down), or third person?

35. Post #3115
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Could it be Rocko's Quest?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3116

April 2012
    5 Posts
    Could it be Rocko's Quest?
    Oh my god leilei I LOVE YOU!

I really, really appreciate it, this brings back so many childhood memories.

And to the others, I'm new here, forgive me my beginner-mistakes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

37. Post #3117
    April 2010
    2,446 Posts
    I'm looking for an old santa PC game that came out in 1999 or perhaps 2000. The only thing I can remember is that you were flying around, shooting missiles at elves and stuff. Then you could fly into his workshop and shoot the elves there. It was awesome.

I tried searching for it on Google but all I get is flash games and shitty websites that doesn't help me. Anyone knows what it is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

38. Post #3118
    May 2012
    2 Posts
    Hey! Maybe you guys can help me, I can't find the name of this game anywhere.
    I'm looking for an old pc game (I think I used to play it around the '90?), it's a sort of race game but instead of rolling a dice I remember we would play some kind of slot machine wich would show how many squares we could go (something like a board game).

There was always a bad guy wearing a blue suit (he reminded me of Dastardly) who would follow the player who was last in the race. We could always tell how "mad/evil" the guy was by the kind of vehicle he was driving - he would start with a bicycle, than a car and last a zeppelin, we always knew stuff just got real when the guy would change to a zeppelin.

Anyone remembers this game?

(Edit for grammar)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Portugal Show Events

39. Post #3119
    July 2009
    2,018 Posts
    Many years ago I had this CD full of Sega Genesis (I think) games. In one of them you controlled a helicopter in an isometric view, and you were in either a warzone or Washington DC. You had these objectives you had to accompplish, such as transporting fuel tanks or destroying enemy hideouts. But what I remember quite vividly is that most if not all buildings could be destroyed, and I would spend hours destroying monuments in Washington DC, thus losing the game. Does anyone know which game this is? I would suffer from extreme nostalgia.

40. Post #3120
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Hey! Maybe you guys can help me, I can't find the name of this game anywhere.
    Dr. Drago's Madcap Chase

In one of them you controlled a helicopter in an isometric view, and you were in either a warzone or Washington DC
    Urban Strike