1. Post #3241

June 2012
    1 Posts
    OK, here's my question. It was a PC game from the 90's, isometric view, you controlled one guy in red I think. Looked like a clone wars trooper. He was shooting baddies, and dodging lasers and robots. Going from room to room. Think he would shoot out sensors etc I just remember hiding from my wife and playing it for hours on end.
    Cheers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

2. Post #3242
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,155 Posts
    OK, here's my question. It was a PC game from the 90's, isometric view, you controlled one guy in red I think. Looked like a clone wars trooper. He was shooting baddies, and dodging lasers and robots. Going from room to room. Think he would shoot out sensors etc I just remember hiding from my wife and playing it for hours on end.
    Cheers
    Crusader:No Remorse or No Regret.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3243

June 2012
    1 Posts
    It was an overhead shooter for windows 98 if im not misstaken.
    You were playing as a guy who looked kinda like superman but in army clothes. When you died your head popped out with a spring. Different stages in the game but i remember one stage where you shot dinosaurs and cavemans.

Edit: it was for pc, probably came out 2000 or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #3244
    June 2008
    441 Posts
    Okay this was something I played a LONG time ago. Early 2000s

Third Person
    Male Protagonist
    Russians
    Stealth and Shooting Elements
    You had a camera and Some objectives were to take photos of stuff
    Crafting mechanic ( I remember making silencers from rags and soda bottles, making armor piercing bullets with nails etc)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #3245
    July 2010
    2,793 Posts
    I'll try and bullet point the parts I can remember for ease of reading;

- Playstation 1, originally played on a demo disc from a magazine
    - Red versus blue setup, possibly other colours like yellow and green for more than 2 player
    - You control robots, or alternatively are a robot
    - You must travel (with the robots) to various nodes around the map to either set up turrets or spawn more robots
    - The game may well have been a form of tower defence, but at the time I was none the wiser
    - The aim of the game was to eliminate the opponent I believe, through various methods
    - Enemies (or allies) included ground and flying robots, perhaps turrets

I really wish I could remember more, this game was fun for a demo and I'd love to revisit it. If anyone can perhaps remind me of what it is I'd be inclined to give you some form of reward from my Steam Inventory! Thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #3246
    August 2011
    199 Posts
    I'll try and bullet point the parts I can remember for ease of reading;

- Playstation 1, originally played on a demo disc from a magazine
    - Red versus blue setup, possibly other colours like yellow and green for more than 2 player
    - You control robots, or alternatively are a robot
    - You must travel (with the robots) to various nodes around the map to either set up turrets or spawn more robots
    - The game may well have been a form of tower defence, but at the time I was none the wiser
    - The aim of the game was to eliminate the opponent I believe, through various methods
    - Enemies (or allies) included ground and flying robots, perhaps turrets

I really wish I could remember more, this game was fun for a demo and I'd love to revisit it. If anyone can perhaps remind me of what it is I'd be inclined to give you some form of reward from my Steam Inventory! Thanks.
    Possibly Legend of the dragoon?
    Or Future Cop:LAPD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #3247
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,155 Posts
    Okay this was something I played a LONG time ago. Early 2000s

Third Person
    Male Protagonist
    Russians
    Stealth and Shooting Elements
    You had a camera and Some objectives were to take photos of stuff
    Crafting mechanic ( I remember making silencers from rags and soda bottles, making armor piercing bullets with nails etc)
    Cold War?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #3248

June 2012
    2 Posts
    There was this old game somewhere around the 90's , you were a caveman with a big club , you hit straight the ground with it , you ate some hamburgers if i remember well , there was a bonus round where you could run on straws , well that was the background , and i think this caveman had hair in his eyes , so you couldn't see it , please help me , I need this game so much, It's 2D so like super mario
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #3249
    June 2008
    441 Posts
    Cold War?
    Holy shit that's it! Awesome thanks.

10. Post #3250
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    All I can remember about this game is that it was from the 90's, for PC, you played as a wizard and had 3 wizard companions I think, it had pretty good graphics for its time and it had a Magicka look to it. You'd dig holes in the ground and solve puzzles.

11. Post #3251
    July 2010
    2,793 Posts
    Future Cop:LAPD
    Pretty sure it's this. Thanks a bunch!

(That video doesn't do my memory of it justice at all hah)

12. Post #3252
    May 2012
    115 Posts
    I had this game in gameboy and I remembered it while shitting in the toilet and pretty much, it's the way how I played it. lol(am I revealing too much?)
    1. now, the game was third person. believe me or not, gameboy has that kind of shit.
    2. also, you can take cover. much like gears of war.
    3. I think it was for a PC game but ported to gameboy.
    4. the protagonist was wearing orange and much likely a prisoner. but I don't think so cause before you start, there's a shooting/training yard. so, who trains prisoners ainyway?

if you know this game, please tell me if it is also in PC cause I want it. I almost forgot it thanks to the helpful excrement.

PS: I think the game cartridge was that of steven seagull. but I am not sure though, maybe I was just hallucinating and shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

13. Post #3253
    April 2011
    8,015 Posts
    There was this old game somewhere around the 90's , you were a caveman with a big club , you hit straight the ground with it , you ate some hamburgers if i remember well , there was a bonus round where you could run on straws , well that was the background , and i think this caveman had hair in his eyes , so you couldn't see it , please help me , I need this game so much, It's 2D so like super mario
    Gee man, that's Prehistorik 2

One heckova game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events

14. Post #3254
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    18,449 Posts
    What the hell, Prehistorik had a sequel?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

15. Post #3255
    April 2011
    8,015 Posts
    Do you people live under a rock?

/coming from someone living in a country that could be renamed to "under a rock" anytime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #3256

June 2012
    2 Posts
    Gee man, that's Prehistorik 2

One heckova game.
    Thank you so much man , I have no words to describe what i feel now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

17. Post #3257
    August 2011
    131 Posts
    ok so this game was a sims game but you were on a island and were stranded.

NVM it was called sims castaway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #3258
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,082 Posts
    A destruction derby game that had elements that reminded me strongly of burnout.
    It was on the PS1 i think

19. Post #3259
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,839 Posts
    Destruction Derby Raw?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

20. Post #3260
    February 2010
    2,845 Posts
    Trying to find a game that had skeleton mechs iirc, there was a fox mech that you duel, then this boss level with a mech and I think you have to attack the core. Also, I think I remember that all the characters were drawin in anime style. Thinking it's an Armored Core game, but I don't know which, and I might be wrong on that too.

21. Post #3261
    I PAID $9 TO TROLL THE GMF BECAUSE I ASPIRE TO BE BETTER THAN MY PROSTITUTE MOTHER WITH 9 KIDS AND DRUNKEN FATHER WHO BEATS ME EVERY NIGHT. SOMETIMES I CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP HOPING THE MODS DONT BAN ME ;__;
    July 2011
    1,242 Posts
    What was the name of that game where your parents were like Dragons and everything's like, covered in Sand and there are those walking, talking dogs?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

22. Post #3262
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    590 Posts
    PC Game.

Indie game as far as I know, but I can't find it. The title was something like Noctis/Noctic/Nocblablal something, (NOT NOCTIS IV) that was a top down RPG thing with a few starting races, one of which was based off of telekinetic powers and stuff. It was futuristic and seemed to be based around exploring a planet or something.

I know that it was free and that the developer made at least a few other games too, but I can't remember what any of them were. Thanks.

23. Post #3263
    August 2011
    8 Posts
    I played this game in Primary school, it was on one of those really old computers.

You controlled a penguin, and you had to go around pushing ice blocks onto purple monsters to squish them.
    There was also things to collect such as the letters to form the word "BILL"

Any ideas?

24. Post #3264
    this link changes
    April 2012
    8,388 Posts
    I played when I was about 7. A simcity sorta game set in Egypt. Isometric viewpoint and most objectives involved getting houses to a certain level. You needed to build firestations and temples or the gods got pissed. Tonnes of factors were important like land desirability and risk of collapse. I also remember this orgasmic feeling every time gold and ostriches were present on the map. You needed to build water supplies on grass.

25. Post #3265
    April 2011
    8,015 Posts
    Pharaoh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #3266

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    What's the game where you're controlling a tiny spaceship-thingy and fly through tunnels?

old 3d game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

27. Post #3267
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    What's the game where you're controlling a tiny spaceship-thingy and fly through tunnels?

old 3d game
    Descent?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #3268
    OFFICIAL ROLLER COASTER TYCOON ENTHUSIAST
    December 2011
    767 Posts
    Does anyone know the name of the game on the PS2 where you played as a tiger (or kangaroo, I dunno), and your job is to throw boomarangs at enemies? The character you played as had a companion of some sort (I think it was a bird). He also wore blue or orange shorts and you could get extra abilities for your boomerang for it to do extra things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

29. Post #3269

July 2011
    2,327 Posts
    yes! thats it thanks <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Sweden Show Events

30. Post #3270
    May 2009
    1,144 Posts
    The game was a 3d shooter that shifted from 2d/3d to top-down for PS1, i remember you had the choice to play as a guy or girl and then you kill aliens and sometimes when you destroy things or aliens they drop power-ups. The first level took place in a destroyed town which had a bridge near the end that exploded and then you went to the second level shortly after which was like a hive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

31. Post #3271
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    An old FPS for the PC, it was sci-fi themed, the first "task" involved cutting down weird alien cow-like things for meat and give it to some guy, and then you had to kill aliens later in the game. The environment was outdoors with hills. Does anyone know the name of this game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

32. Post #3272
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,659 Posts
    I remember seeing a video of some FPS of a Russian game. All I can really remember is that the player had a minigun at one point and the view model's arms had shotgun shells on it.

Anyone know of it?

33. Post #3273
    April 2012
    270 Posts
    There was a racing game that I played awhile back on the PS2. I rented it around the time of its release which I think was in the early/mid-2000s. It was kind of similar to the game Crash n Burn I believe. I remember the load screens has kind of cartoon-ish people and the game had decent graphics. There were demoltion derby gamemodes and regular races. There was also a lot of different cars/characters, and I remember one was "Fortune" or "Mr. Fortune".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

34. Post #3274
    August 2011
    131 Posts
    There was this PC game that was free and it was kinda like a RTS kinda thing where you controlled your own Nation designed its flag and built up a army. thats all i remember though.

35. Post #3275
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,448 Posts
    PC Game.

Indie game as far as I know, but I can't find it. The title was something like Noctis/Noctic/Nocblablal something, (NOT NOCTIS IV) that was a top down RPG thing with a few starting races, one of which was based off of telekinetic powers and stuff. It was futuristic and seemed to be based around exploring a planet or something.

I know that it was free and that the developer made at least a few other games too, but I can't remember what any of them were. Thanks.
    http://www.instantkingdom.com/notrium/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #3276
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    590 Posts

37. Post #3277
    pink titles r for gaylordes
    March 2008
    4,027 Posts
    Snowboarding game, the mainmenu consist of a cottage and a guy with a guitar playing a song. (I'm more looking for the song then the game, but the game would be nice too )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events

38. Post #3278
    Dedicated to the facepunch title flaming brigade
    October 2011
    716 Posts
    Anyone remember a game in which you controlled a house or ghosts in a house and the point was scaring people away, it played like sims.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Belgium Show Events

39. Post #3279
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,542 Posts
    Alright, let me see if I can dig this out of the ole' vault.

It was a SNES Side-scrolling adventure game, time period was medieval or so, your character starts off wimpy but eventually gets different armor and weapons. One of the armors were mint green and one weapon was throwing these axes, reminiscent of Castlevania sub-weapons. One of the important parts of the story was sleeping at an inn and dreaming about your destiny or something.

Details are really hazy, I probably played it when I was no more than 4 or 5.

40. Post #3280
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,421 Posts
    Anyone remember a game in which you controlled a house or ghosts in a house and the point was scaring people away, it played like sims.
    Ghost Master? It's $5 on Steam.
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/62..._7_7_230_150_5