1. Post #3401
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    15,756 Posts
    Trying to remember this old xbox game. It was a 3rd person tactical shooter, you could control 2 squads and put them into/around cover to engage enemies. The squads each had a specific roll for each member.

The only real parts of gameplay I remember was the training mission being a bootcamp (go figure).
    Full Spectrum Warrior. It's on PC too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #3402
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,868 Posts
    Trying to remember this old xbox game. It was a 3rd person tactical shooter, you could control 2 squads and put them into/around cover to engage enemies. The squads each had a specific roll for each member.

The only real parts of gameplay I remember was the training mission being a bootcamp (go figure).
    One of the Brothers in Arms games maybe?

Or Full Spectrum Warrior

Edited:
    Oh right BiA isn't third person, duh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3403
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    437 Posts
    Full Spectrum Warrior. It's on PC too.
    Thank you good sir!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3404
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,155 Posts
    There was this flash game where you were some guy in a top hat, and there were tons of spinning wheels/cogs,
    and you had to jump from cog to cog going up the level, and it would scroll as you went further up.
    The wheels varied in size and looked like wooden clock wheels. I believe you were trying to escape rising lava or death somehow.

5. Post #3405
    June 2007
    97 Posts
    When I was a child and we had Windows 98 and ME I remember we had an older computer where I used to play this RTS game before I could read. Singleplayer only, and it had levels like some japanese games do.

It was futuristic, and all I can remember is that it was 2D graphics (almost 8bit maybe?) and I was spamming these humanoid robots that were metalic in colour with red highlights (to depict different teams). Beside that there was a lot of missle silos that were simply metal squares on the ground that when destroyed it would be left on fire and smoked a little bit. You couldn't rotate the view, it was set in a diagnol orientation much like Starcraft. It was singleplayer only. The closest thing I can come up with in terms of graphic style was the first Red Alerts. It always had cutscenes between each level as you progressed, featuring some old man and a woman.

But most importantly of all things, was that it had only one "race" to play just that each team was coloured differently.
    I'm not sure, but it sounds a bit like it might be "Z":
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

6. Post #3406
    April 2009
    405 Posts
    A couple games from my early childhood I'm trying to remember.

The first is an old point and click adventure game for kids set in medieval times. You played as some dude who has to unite these knights who each have a special ability. The only knight I remember is "Sir Shield-In-Hand" There is also some wizard guy who plays a "Simon Says" mini-game.

The other game is another point and click game set in the time of pirates. It's was played in a first person perspective. You could roam around and mess with stuff like the flag, and cannons. there was also some evil island, and a parrot companion that was kinda annoying.

I think both these games were by the same company, but I'm not sure.

7. Post #3407
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,073 Posts
    A couple games from my early childhood I'm trying to remember.

The first is an old point and click adventure game for kids set in medieval times. You played as some dude who has to unite these knights who each have a special ability. The only knight I remember is "Sir Shield-In-Hand" There is also some wizard guy who plays a "Simon Says" mini-game.

The other game is another point and click game set in the time of pirates. It's was played in a first person perspective. You could roam around and mess with stuff like the flag, and cannons. there was also some evil island, and a parrot companion that was kinda annoying.

I think both these games were by the same company, but I'm not sure.
    Goddamnit, I have those and I can't fucking find them. Fisher Price, I believe. Wait I found a wiki page for the castle one, limited info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Adventures_Castle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #3408
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    i remember this game that was like an RTS but it was also a warship sim. i think you could control planes and ships yourself directly as well.

this particular one was set in ww2 on the pacific theatre i think.

i remember i saw it on x play and im pretty sure it was before g4 changed the set. they might not have even been bought up by g4 at that time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events

9. Post #3409
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,073 Posts
    i remember this game that was like an RTS but it was also a warship sim. i think you could control planes and ships yourself directly as well.

this particular one was set in ww2 on the pacific theatre i think.

i remember i saw it on x play and im pretty sure it was before g4 changed the set. they might not have even been bought up by g4 at that time.
    Battlestations: Midway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlestations:_Midway

10. Post #3410
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,388 Posts
    2 games.

1st:
    N64, 3D platformer
    You are a chameleon that has been accidentally dunked in some kind of magic vat, turning you into an anthropomorphic chameleon. You start the game trying to catch up to a rabbit that looks like the one from Alice in Wonderland.
    You can use your tongue to latch onto poles and other objects, and can take out enemies by swinging around and bashing into them.

2nd:
    N64, 3D platformer
    You are an average alien. You are in a ship which is hovering over a planet. Whilst performing duties within the ship, you accidentally spill some liquid out of a hatch, which falls down to the planet and ends up tripping the hell out of everything (water turns into rainbow colored poison liquid that runs the opposite direction, the inhabitants are transformed into aggressive, mutated beings, etc.). You now have to untrip the hell out of everything, since it's your fault.
    You meet up with some inventor guy, who occasionally gives you useful objects or teaches you skills, like a pogo stick for traversing deadly ground, a peashooter for attacking enemies at range, and using your bowtie for flying and hovering.
    You kind of look like Rayman, what with disconnected appendages.

11. Post #3411
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,073 Posts
    2 games.

1st:
    N64, 3D platformer
    You are a chameleon that has been accidentally dunked in some kind of magic vat, turning you into an anthropomorphic chameleon. You start the game trying to catch up to a rabbit that looks like the one from Alice in Wonderland.
    You can use your tongue to latch onto poles and other objects, and can take out enemies by swinging around and bashing into them.
    Gex? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gex:_Enter_the_Gecko

12. Post #3412
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts

i mother fucking love you man.

this has been in the back of my head ever since i realized my computer wasn't that shitty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #3413
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,603 Posts
    2 games.

1st:
    N64, 3D platformer

2nd:
    N64, 3D platformer
    You are an average alien. You are in a ship which is hovering over a planet. Whilst performing duties within the ship, you accidentally spill some liquid out of a hatch, which falls down to the planet and ends up tripping the hell out of everything (water turns into rainbow colored poison liquid that runs the opposite direction, the inhabitants are transformed into aggressive, mutated beings, etc.). You now have to untrip the hell out of everything, since it's your fault.
    You meet up with some inventor guy, who occasionally gives you useful objects or teaches you skills, like a pogo stick for traversing deadly ground, a peashooter for attacking enemies at range, and using your bowtie for flying and hovering.
    You kind of look like Rayman, what with disconnected appendages.
    #2, Tonic Trouble?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

14. Post #3414
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    the first sounds like gex but that was for the psx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #3415
    November 2010
    1,245 Posts
    It's a game and it's about killing zombies and it has a rediculous song and it's like smash tv.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #3416
    Gold Member
    December 2011
    1,182 Posts
    Nevermind, I found it, turns out its Warzone 2100.

There was this flash game where you were some guy in a top hat, and there were tons of spinning wheels/cogs,
    and you had to jump from cog to cog going up the level, and it would scroll as you went further up.
    The wheels varied in size and looked like wooden clock wheels. I believe you were trying to escape rising lava or death somehow.
    I say it was The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom. Its on steam too so if you want it, go ahead.

17. Post #3417
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    the first sounds like gex but that was for the psx
    No, Gex was on N64 as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #3418
    September 2009
    996 Posts
    Right, I'm trying to remember the names of two PS2 RPGs that I remember playing a long time ago.

One was a third person game, It started you off in an arena of some sort, after killing an enemy or two, you escape into some kind of sewers/tunnels, with insect things that had hives resembling those from the alien films. The thing that sticks out most was the thing the protagonist says when you enter that bit, it was along the lines of "The smell in here is unbearable" in a really rather cheesy fashion.

The other one was also third person, though it may have had first person, I can't quite remember.
    I can vaguely remember something involving dragons and something that looked like a stargate being tied to them, I think. I can't remember much, because it was only a demo, sadly. (probably with one of the ps2 magazines at the time.)

These were both mid ps2 era things, or possibly earlier or later.

19. Post #3419

July 2012
    26 Posts
    it was an ps3 game and u r a russain man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

20. Post #3420
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,250 Posts
    I remember there was an early 2000s racing game for the PC, I feel like it was Hot Wheels but I don't think it actually was. It had a pseudo-3D top down view sort of thing going and there was a level where you were riding around a sandbox, then you were driving around a kid's room. There were races where if you won, you'd unlock the next car or whatever.

Now, I know the first thing that comes to mind is Stunt Track Driver, but I just played that and it isn't the game I'm thinking of.

21. Post #3421
    April 2011
    35 Posts
    The game I am trying to remeber was for pc,I can't remember a lot of it,but I remember that the storyline composed of an elf girl and her village being invaded at the start of the game.The gameplay was basically match units of the same color in a line and they would then charge at the enemy.You could also do different combinations so that your units you do other things.I wish I could give more detail but I really don't remember much from the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

22. Post #3422
    Mombasa's Hubby :3
    October 2008
    3,886 Posts
    Right, I'm trying to remember the names of two PS2 RPGs that I remember playing a long time ago.

One was a third person game, It started you off in an arena of some sort, after killing an enemy or two, you escape into some kind of sewers/tunnels, with insect things that had hives resembling those from the alien films. The thing that sticks out most was the thing the protagonist says when you enter that bit, it was along the lines of "The smell in here is unbearable" in a really rather cheesy fashion.

The other one was also third person, though it may have had first person, I can't quite remember.
    I can vaguely remember something involving dragons and something that looked like a stargate being tied to them, I think. I can't remember much, because it was only a demo, sadly. (probably with one of the ps2 magazines at the time.)

These were both mid ps2 era things, or possibly earlier or later.
    Second one might be Drakan: The Ancient's Gates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #3423
    September 2009
    996 Posts
    Second one might be Drakan: The Ancient's Gates?
    Yeah, that was definitely it, I remember another thing about the first one too, The second area (I think) was a canyon-y sort of area with orcs or something like that.

It's a game and it's about killing zombies and it has a rediculous song and it's like smash tv.
    If it was on the 360 as an indie game, then it's probably this:

24. Post #3424
    July 2008
    623 Posts
    2 games.

1st:
    N64, 3D platformer
    First one is chameleon twist, there were two of em If I remember correctly

25. Post #3425
    February 2010
    135 Posts
    I too, struggle in the nostalgic feeling of the childhood games and can't remember their names :l

It was a old 3D racing game, about Porsches and it obviously had a word "Porsche" in it's name and it wasn't "NFS: Porsche Unleashed"

What made it different, was the cockpit view, there were no hands on the wheel. I'm sorry I can't remember more but if anyone might know then please give a shout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

26. Post #3426
    January 2011
    4,174 Posts
    The game I am trying to remeber was for pc,I can't remember a lot of it,but I remember that the storyline composed of an elf girl and her village being invaded at the start of the game.The gameplay was basically match units of the same color in a line and they would then charge at the enemy.You could also do different combinations so that your units you do other things.I wish I could give more detail but I really don't remember much from the game.
    This one?

It's called Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #3427
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,875 Posts
    This is quite obscure but maybe you guys can help.

There was this neat little in-browser game someone posted in the General Discussion nearly a year ago. It was simple, you could manipulate the terrain, raise and lower water and vegetation, and change temperature.

I couldn't run it because my computer was shit but now I have a better one.

28. Post #3428
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,285 Posts
    This is a tough one.
    An old freeware game, possibly made in The Games Factory or MMF or whatever it was called.

A sprite based top-down cooperative shooter. Players are soldiers that run around the battlefield and collect powerups such as grenades, and different weapons such as plasma guns and flamethrowers. Other items included "reinforcements" which brought more AI controlled allies to the field.

The enemies are alien bugs which were tan coloured insect looking things, which occasionally shot black goo at the soldiers. There were nests which had to be destroyed, lest they continue to spawn bugs. I have a vague memory of larger, tankier versions of the basic bug aliens, too.

It was set in the desert originally, including mountains and abandoned rooms which usually contained powerups. I'm pretty sure the walls could be destroyed by the aliens.
    Later in the game, you progress into a more futuristic, metallic setting, as if on a ship that had been infested by the aliens. Also what I recall to be a 'lab' level, with shadows of the aliens that creep around and drop down on the player.

Haven't played it in years and years but me and my friend used to have a blast playing it together, it'd be great if someone knew what it was.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

29. Post #3429
    July 2012
    617 Posts
    This is a really really vague description, as I can only remember this single level,

It was a puzzle game, perhaps flash, in an isometric view, and I can remember you having to do a puzzle where the stairs, which I remember that it was marble looking, matching the scheme of the level, then open or raise and heads come out(?)

This was between 2002 and 2007, somewhere along the lines of that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #3430
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    tried this a ton of times, never gotten the right game out of it. i come back every month or so to ask again. it was this old PS2 game (i'm like 90% sure) and i only remember one level, it involved surfing on huge cylindrical logs in this forest place, i'm pretty sure it was on like a snowboard-type thing made of bark, kind of like sonic. it wasn't any sonic game for the record. the main character if i remember correctly was blue and white and he was some type of animal, maybe like a cat or a gopher or something i can barely remember.

31. Post #3431
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,285 Posts
    tried this a ton of times, never gotten the right game out of it. i come back every month or so to ask again. it was this old PS2 game (i'm like 90% sure) and i only remember one level, it involved surfing on huge cylindrical logs in this forest place, i'm pretty sure it was on like a snowboard-type thing made of bark, kind of like sonic. it wasn't any sonic game for the record. the main character if i remember correctly was blue and white and he was some type of animal, maybe like a cat or a gopher or something i can barely remember.
    Haven't played any myself, but was it a Klonoa game? He's a blue and white (or black and white) animal character, and from what I understand some of his games have boarding levels.

32. Post #3432
    August 2010
    2,723 Posts
    you're a FUCKING PRO MAN.

thank you.

33. Post #3433
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,285 Posts
    Haha wow, that was right?

Not bad for never having played any of the games - all I really knew about it was that it existed. Haha

34. Post #3434
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    A fairly old game, released in the 90's and I played it when I was pretty young. It was on PC for certain, don't know about anything else, but basically featured mortal-kombat style gameplay with robots. The scenes were pretty dark and the atmosphere was played in like that as well. It's been killing me for a while and I can't find out what it is!

35. Post #3435
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    347 Posts
    This one is a stretch, but I'll try anyway.

A old Quake-like game, but with very colorful environments and generally 'humourly' stylized. 3D graphics. Lots of jumping. A futuristic setting. Maps included hidden passages, water, rivers. It had AI bots. I believe it was released this century on PC, some time around the first The Sims and Dark Cloud. (2000-ish). I can't be sure. Most likely had a kinky name.

So generic, but a lot of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

36. Post #3436
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,207 Posts
    A fairly old game, released in the 90's and I played it when I was pretty young. It was on PC for certain, don't know about anything else, but basically featured mortal-kombat style gameplay with robots. The scenes were pretty dark and the atmosphere was played in like that as well. It's been killing me for a while and I can't find out what it is!
    One Must Fall?

37. Post #3437
    July 2010
    1,566 Posts
    One Must Fall?
    Sounds like it to me. Awesome game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

38. Post #3438
    Fabulous.
    January 2011
    3,440 Posts
    This?

http://www.miniclip.com/games/wheels-of-salvation/en/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Serbia Show Events

39. Post #3439
    most people dont think your attention is worth a dollar but i do
    February 2005
    3,368 Posts
    One Must Fall?
    No, it's got more detail than One Must Fall so it's most likely released a little later.

40. Post #3440
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,192 Posts
    its a ps1 game in thirdperson where you're an alien in a space suit and the startup screen is you on a usual alien ship (watching tv for some reason) with a few test tubes around you full of aliens that look like you, you get captured or go looking for your friend and have to find him/escape in/from a military base, you also have to rescue little fat type aliens aswell and also you have a floating ball pet thing that throws grenades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Qatar Show Events