1. Post #2961
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,080 Posts
    some old windows game that had a paddle and ball and you destroyed blocks

there were powerups and like 70 unique levels (i think this was like an old '98 windows game or something, was amazing)
    Sounds like Brick

That's not the one from then obviously but there are many clones of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2962
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,764 Posts
    Sounds like Brick

That's not the one from then obviously but there are many clones of it.
    Agree, because it wasn't hard to remake. I made one of those, when i was like 14, gamemaker is awesome. Good times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

3. Post #2963
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,250 Posts

there were powerups and like 70 unique levels (i think this was like an old '98 windows game or something, was amazing)
    As 'Brick' was already shown I will suggest DX-Ball which is basically a clone. But said game has only 50 levels, but the description more or less fits.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2964
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,828 Posts

You're basically describing every Arkanoid ever. You're going to have to be more specific.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

5. Post #2965
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    i know it had the windows logo on it somewhere

and also it might have had deluxe in the name not sure

not sure on how i can be specific on a game i have nearly forgotten btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

6. Post #2966
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    i know it had the windows logo on it somewhere

and also it might have had deluxe in the name not sure

not sure on how i can be specific on a game i have nearly forgotten btw
    If it had the Windows logo it might have been produced/published by Microsoft Studios.

Here's a list of all games published by Microsoft Studios.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #2967
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    It could be Hyperballoid Deluxe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #2968
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    3,371 Posts
    As 'Brick' was already shown I will suggest DX-Ball which is basically a clone. But said game has only 50 levels, but the description more or less fits.
    Aww man, they had DX ball installed on the computers I used at my school when I was in like 1st grade.

Shit was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2969

June 2009
    1,757 Posts
    There was this one game, it was 3D, FPS and also could go third person. It had good graphics and it was based in the era of the british with american war or something (The one that exists in Assassin's creed 3).
    I remember you could switch classes and you had guns which you'd reload. (Muskets etc).
    It was in beta when I played it and it had online gameplay.

Alright, one, I want to hit you repeatedly for not knowing that it's the AMERICAN REVOLUTION. (Unless you live in a country that is not either the UK or the US, in which case you are exempt.)

Two, is it perhaps

The Battlegrounds2, the source mod?

10. Post #2970
    April 2010
    185 Posts
    Ok, there was this game from my childhood (1999) that was for the computer. It was rather low quality, like 8-bit, and it was about a skier. You would go down this hill constantly, but the round would end when you went too far and an abominable snowman hunted you down the ate you.

I loved this game, and really want to know what it's called.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #2971
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,828 Posts
    are you serious, it's SkiFree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #2972
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    4,080 Posts
    Ok, there was this game from my childhood (1999) that was for the computer. It was rather low quality, like 8-bit, and it was about a skier. You would go down this hill constantly, but the round would end when you went too far and an abominable snowman hunted you down the ate you.

I loved this game, and really want to know what it's called.
    Damn I just had some serious nostalgia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2973
    April 2010
    185 Posts
    are you serious, it's SkiFree
    Well, sorry if I can't remeber stuff from when I was roughly 4.

Thanks anyway, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events

14. Post #2974
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,151 Posts
    Well, sorry if I can't remeber stuff from when I was roughly 4.

Thanks anyway, though.
    I was about to taunt you about you only being 4 in 1999. Then I realized you are 17.

Jesus fuck, I am getting old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #2975

March 2012
    2 Posts
    Someone out there just might remember this game. A demo came on a cd included in some mag so I don't even have box art to jog my memory.

Late 90's FPS for the PC. You play as a soldier with, what I seem to remember as, psychic powers. You could put yourself into the mind of an enemy, I remember that part clearly because I would hijack a guard's body and scout ahead without risking my own neck. I think you also had telekinesis. I remember there being an underground military complex. Concrete walls and diagonal caution stripes, the usual. Lastly, I want to say one of the weapons you could find, possibly in a sewer, was an gun that fired balls of electricity.

16. Post #2976
    If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.
    November 2011
    7,070 Posts
    Okay, I've got this game that I just remembered about a few mins ago, I remember there being three of them     At least     And in one of the title screens there were 3-4 people behind a dune   Ithink    and one was a reptile (think aragonian). The gameplay was tilebasedRPG, You chose your character and I think there was a castle of the winds esque inventory. When you were attacked a blotch with the damage in it would appear over your character. I remember starting in a fortress and moving out to a harsh overworld (third one I think). Also I remember you could break barrels to find stuff. You could steal things from other people but if you got caught guards would take you to jail (Not sure). Also I remember it being from around 1999-2000. I hope that's enough info.
    Good luck

Edited:

Also, I remember an area with burned trees and slimes, and some mountains that you couldn't cross

Edited:

Found it
    The name was Exile.
    Gonna find a download/buyplace now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

17. Post #2977
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,057 Posts
    I remember some old PS1 game where the main character was some kind of animal or something and his weapon was a different character on a chain that he swung around. The setting was some kind of lab or something, anyone remember it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

18. Post #2978
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Someone out there just might remember this game. A demo came on a cd included in some mag so I don't even have box art to jog my memory.

Late 90's FPS for the PC.
    The closest offthetopofmyhead of a fps with "powers" in the late '90s is Requiem: Avenging Angel

Okay, I've got this game that I just remembered about a few mins ago, I remember there being three of them     At least     And in one of the title screens there were 3-4 people behind a dune   Ithink    and one was a reptile (think aragonian). The gameplay was tilebasedRPG, You chose your character and I think there was a castle of the winds esque inventory. When you were attacked a blotch with the damage in it would appear over your character.
    Dark Sun

19. Post #2979

March 2012
    2 Posts
    That's it, Requiem: Avenging Angel! Thank you so much leilei. You have my gratitude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #2980
    February 2009
    334 Posts

Takamura? Had power ups for lasers, paddle growth/shrin, ball speed, the evil eye?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #2981
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    I remember some old PS1 game where the main character was some kind of animal or something and his weapon was a different character on a chain that he swung around. The setting was some kind of lab or something, anyone remember it?
    Do you remember what genre it was in?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

22. Post #2982
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,769 Posts
    I remember my friend, who owns a PS1, having this fighting game. It was a 3D fighter in an anime style of sorts. It had characters without a good diversity of attacks, and was pretty fun. The few characters I remember: Some robot guy who could call in a giant laser, some guy who had spectacles and wore a mask, some assassin chick, and a girl with a pig. It was part of a series of sorts.
    Could it be Tobal No. 1 or Tobal 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #2983
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,808 Posts
    Whiplash matches that, but it's on the PS2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #2984
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,853 Posts
    I remember this game where you were a guy and he had a face and hair and I think clothes and he had a house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #2985
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,151 Posts
    Could it be Tobal No. 1 or Tobal 2?
    No, not that sadly. I think it was 2nd or 3rd game in the series (or so did the description on the back of the box said).

26. Post #2986
    July 2009
    1,205 Posts
    I remember this game where you were a guy and he had a face and hair and I think clothes and he had a house.
    Pretty sure that's pong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #2987

March 2012
    4 Posts
    plz dont forget me dudes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Algeria Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #2988
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,764 Posts
    plz dont forget me dudes
    Just bump it. Hit reply to your own post, so it comes up here and say : "reposting to new page" or something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2989
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    I was going to guess Agent Armstrong for killswithe

30. Post #2990
    September 2011
    1,489 Posts
    So this is a really old flash/macromedia or whatever kindoff players there are game.
    It was a 3D game where you had to like jump on icebergs, and you could nearly tip them etc.
    If I recall correctly there was also like an adrenaline bar, but that's all I remember about the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #2991
    January 2012
    20 Posts
    I am searching for a game for a console...
    You drove a Tank through small buildings and tight streets..
    It was all snowy and like that
    There where also guys that wanted to kill you and you where able to turn your turret of the tank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events

32. Post #2992
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,328 Posts
    There where also guys that wanted to kill you and you where able to turn your turret of the tank.
    There are a load of war games with tanks in them, is there anything else you remember, like what console or year it was?

33. Post #2993
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,290 Posts

This game is AWFUL. But it might be what you're looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #2994
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,330 Posts
    An small-time MMO Game which involved knights with multiple types of armor/colors and had a dungeon as the main way of getting items/money.
    It's PC, and it also worked on channels.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #2995
    July 2007
    105 Posts

Mass Destruction (1997, NMS Software, PC/PSX)

36. Post #2996

March 2012
    4 Posts
    I was going to guess Agent Armstrong for killswithe
    sorry pal completely doesnt fit in my description its not that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Algeria Show Events

37. Post #2997
    January 2012
    20 Posts
    The only thing i can remember is that the tank was really fast, and it was really dark/grey'isch
    there where only like 10 textures and they all where dark/grey and some white...
    Don't remember the console, i was like 4 or 5 years old back then...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Switzerland Show Events

38. Post #2998
    October 2010
    744 Posts
    An old PC FPS game (I only played the demo), where in one of the levels you start in the middle of the Egypt desert looking at a pyramid(s) and other ruins, which you have to travel to to get to the said pyramid, while shooting terrorists.The game also had a wide(ish) selection of guns. This is sadly all I remember and I have been searching for this game for years!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovenia Show Events

39. Post #2999
    February 2009
    385 Posts
    I'm trying to remember the name of an old rpg maker game. You started in your hometown (very original) then you get sent to a magic academy, you piss off a prissy rich girl, later you find out you have the rare ability to cast not only through metal objects but wood aswell

40. Post #3000
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,808 Posts
    An small-time MMO Game which involved knights with multiple types of armor/colors and had a dungeon as the main way of getting items/money.
    It's PC, and it also worked on channels.
    http://www.sherwooddungeon.com/home.html ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events