1. Post #3201
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    I'm trying to remember a freeware game- it was locked but all you had to do was say something like "I promise to do good." in a textbox and a voice would say "thanks!" and unlock the full game right there. It was a dungeon crawl-y game with cartoony graphics made in the past ~4 years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #3202
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    This is driving me nuts

Anyone know a game that I think was for the PS1, you controlled a Apache type helicopter and you just blew up enemy bases but you could control a sniper on the chopper and you could blow off heads and limbs off soldiers and blood would splurt out, it was pretty gory. I remember you were flying in like a forested canyon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #3203
    July 2007
    105 Posts
    Black Dawn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #3204
    September 2011
    304 Posts
    This is driving me nuts

Anyone know a game that I think was for the PS1, you controlled a Apache type helicopter and you just blew up enemy bases but you could control a sniper on the chopper and you could blow off heads and limbs off soldiers and blood would splurt out, it was pretty gory. I remember you were flying in like a foreskin canyon
    What are you going on about?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3205
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,716 Posts
    I'm trying to remember this creepy as fuck text game where you were shopping and could grope people and shit
    you could literally be run over by a shopping cart for being a creep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #3206
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    Black Dawn?
    no thats not it, thanks though

and im going on about a game i forgot the name of in the forget the name of a game thread

7. Post #3207
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,372 Posts
    Stealth game, I think it had cell-shaded graphics but I'm not sure, It was a first person shooter, and you could pick up dead bodies and hide them in lockers and stuff like that. Definitely not Metal gear solid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

8. Post #3208

May 2012
    12 Posts
    Alright, I think I asked about this game once before, but I don't remember.

It was a fairly old PC game (I want to say about 10 years or so). It was a first-person game, but I don't remember if there was any shooting or anything. You were, I assume, sneaking in to some sort of base. I only remember a couple of scenes.

1) You're in a room. There's an observation window. In that room is a guy who would alternate between looking in the room you're in, and turning around. You had to sneak past the window, because if he saw you, he would turn on a deadly gas. Not long after that, you'd get a gas mask.

2) You're exploring around and, even though you have the gas mask, if you spent too long on the puzzles and such, some sort of gas or virus or something would just kill you.

3) I didn't actually see this scene, but was told about it. Apparently at the end you're flying a ship out of the place, and if you don't make a correct move at one point, you hit a wall and explode.

Trying to figure this out has been driving me insane. Please help, FP.
    The description kinda reminded me of "Normality" an old FPS Adventure game not sure about the ending though..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Saudi Arabia Show Events

9. Post #3209
    Stealth game, I think it had cell-shaded graphics but I'm not sure, It was a first person shooter, and you could pick up dead bodies and hide them in lockers and stuff like that. Definitely not Metal gear solid.
    XIII?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #3210
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,716 Posts
    Another game i can't remember you start in some swampy area and are trying to fix some boat that's all i can remember
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

11. Post #3211
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,265 Posts
    I have no idea what the name of this game is, but I want to play it again.

It was an FPS, and I think it was on the original Xbox. You played as some kind of vampire / cowboy who wore all black. The game sort of had this Western theme to it, but you were fighting the undead and other vampires too. That's all I can remember.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about Darkwatch would you?

It's as close as it looks and sounds judging from the video I posted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

12. Post #3212
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,994 Posts
    I'm trying to remember a freeware game- it was locked but all you had to do was say something like "I promise to do good." in a textbox and a voice would say "thanks!" and unlock the full game right there. It was a dungeon crawl-y game with cartoony graphics made in the past ~4 years.
    I'm 90% certain it's Egoboo.

13. Post #3213
    Midna is hot stuff~
    October 2007
    2,721 Posts
    The description kinda reminded me of "Normality" an old FPS Adventure game not sure about the ending though..
    No, that's not it. Those graphics are far too cartoony.

14. Post #3214
    March 2007
    18 Posts
    This is driving me nuts

Anyone know a game that I think was for the PS1, you controlled a Apache type helicopter and you just blew up enemy bases but you could control a sniper on the chopper and you could blow off heads and limbs off soldiers and blood would splurt out, it was pretty gory. I remember you were flying in like a forested canyon
    Fireblade?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #3215
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    There was a browser game people here use to play. It was pretty much a virtual stock market game. Anyone remember?

16. Post #3216
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,104 Posts
    Fireblade?
    you mother fucker

i fucking love you thanks so much. thats literally been bugging me for years

17. Post #3217
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,443 Posts
    Here's one:
    It was a top-down game where you would play as a guy falling down a pit and you had to dodge obstacles and fall as far as possible before dying.
    Apparently there are lots of this kinds of games, but this one had 4-player local multiplayer and I think it was made with Game Maker.
    Anybody?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

18. Post #3218
    Slayer of long titles
    March 2011
    1,372 Posts
    I thought that at first, I even had the game installed prior to asking, but I don't see any body hiding in lockers. Maybe I'm not far enough in the game, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events

19. Post #3219
    An RPG game for PC. It starts with you at school (I think magic, but not 100% sure). You get some test/challenge and have to compete with some npcs in killing spiders or some other creatures. Dunno what goes after that as I've never gone any further. It was 3rd person. Could be isometric but maybe not. It had 3d graphics though. Can't remember what the game is. And no, not fable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

20. Post #3220
    WiP about GW2
    November 2011
    4,789 Posts
    An RPG game for PC. It starts with you at school (I think magic, but not 100% sure). You get some test/challenge and have to compete with some npcs in killing spiders or some other creatures. Dunno what goes after that as I've never gone any further. It was 3rd person. Could be isometric but maybe not. It had 3d graphics though. Can't remember what the game is. And no, not fable.
    Uhhhm, maybe Neverwinter Nights?

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights )

It's 3d, came out in 2002, and the prelude starts in some sort of school, I think. (It's been a while), IIRC you get to hit some dummies and then some weak monsters in the school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

21. Post #3221
    August 2009
    7,756 Posts
    Here's one, it was a gamecube launch game if I recall, where you had a ton of cards, summoned stuff with them and ran around doing pointless shit. It was insanely mediocre, and it had a sequel at some point, but that's about all I can remember.

I think it had Kingdom in the name?

22. Post #3222
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    240 Posts
    Here's one, it was a gamecube launch game if I recall, where you had a ton of cards, summoned stuff with them and ran around doing pointless shit. It was insanely mediocre, and it had a sequel at some point, but that's about all I can remember.

I think it had Kingdom in the name?
    Lost Kingdoms
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #3223
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    I remember having played a demo version of some futuristic shooter for PS1. Everything was all flashy and I recall a mechanical spider boss of some sort. Can't remember much else, though.

Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Denmark Show Events

24. Post #3224
    February 2009
    22,959 Posts
    Ghost in the Shell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #3225
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,749 Posts
    Theres a game that i think might have been on amiga. not sure if it was a point and click, can very vaguely remember it but every time i do it roots into my brain and bugs me so much.

there are 2 scenes i can remember, one involves a character walking across a black screen and a ufo flies over
    the other has a dripping coffee machine and you had to input numbers and if you got it wrong a bomb went off.

everything else ive completely forgotten, but i reckon seeing it would instantly spark my memory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #3226
    Uhhhm, maybe Neverwinter Nights?

( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights )

It's 3d, came out in 2002, and the prelude starts in some sort of school, I think. (It's been a while), IIRC you get to hit some dummies and then some weak monsters in the school.
    No sadly that's not the one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events

27. Post #3227
    April 2009
    2,232 Posts
    Ghost in the Shell?
    That looks like the one, sweet. Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

28. Post #3228
    January 2008
    647 Posts
    I looking for an old RPG/Action game about a spy (agency?) solving international crimes. You had to gather intel and break into houses. The character had skills you could put points in, one of the skills being cryptography.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

29. Post #3229
    February 2012
    157 Posts
    Okay well I got one.... PS2, 3rd person view, key looking sword, and Disney characters all over the game... Anybody???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #3230
    September 2009
    2,322 Posts
    A point and click adventure game where you we're a biker that had the whole Duke Nukem blond sunglasses douchebag look and in the beginning you had to escape from a dumpster you were trapped in and later you had to fix your bike or something to jump the canyon and then the demo ended / the game crashed (?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #3231
    October 2007
    547 Posts
    Okay well I got one.... PS2, 3rd person view, key looking sword, and Disney characters all over the game... Anybody???
    Kingdom Hearts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3232
    January 2008
    647 Posts
    A point and click adventure game where you we're a biker that had the whole Duke Nukem blond sunglasses douchebag look and in the beginning you had to escape from a dumpster you were trapped in and later you had to fix your bike or something to jump the canyon and then the demo ended / the game crashed (?)
    Full Throttle
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #3233
    September 2009
    2,322 Posts
    Full Throttle
    Nice , thanks !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

34. Post #3234
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,871 Posts
    I might be imagining this but...

When I was little, there was this game on PS1. I don't remember much of the gameplay, but the "story" (it was an arcadic game) involved a guy having a bomb planted in his body. The entire game you were on a timer and anyone you killed increased the timer by a few seconds.

35. Post #3235
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,564 Posts
    It was an Arcade game that was an FPS you controlled with a joystick and sat in a chair to play, I think you could pick like 4 different characters to play as and I think the beginning level was like a dock for these big ass green zeppelins.

36. Post #3236
    August 2009
    7,756 Posts
    Lost Kingdoms
    Thanks kindly, that was it!

37. Post #3237
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,905 Posts
    Nice , thanks !
    And if you want to run Full Throttle on a newer OS, try ScummVM (it's nicer than DOSBox for the games it supports)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

38. Post #3238
    February 2009
    845 Posts
    It's a game that hasn't been released yet. The government is corrupt and the police have mechs that fire lasers and just burn people up.

39. Post #3239
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,443 Posts
    It's a game that hasn't been released yet. The government is corrupt and the police have mechs that fire lasers and just burn people up.
    Dishonored, I think?
    Could be a slightly different title, but I cant be arsed to check on a phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events

40. Post #3240

January 2012
    267 Posts
    If I remember correctly, it was a top down shooter that was on an old Xbox compilation of arcade games. You could play it with two people and you would shoot robots and one of the bosses was a brain or face in a UFO type of thing that flew around the room. The game was separated into rooms and was very similar to The Binding of Isaac. iirc the last boss fight was in a jungle and you fought two giant snakes. There were powerups and stuff that made you shoot bullets in three directions instead of one.