1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS OR EVEN DOWNLOADING THE MAP!

The long wait is finally over. After nearly two years and 1500+ hours of development the map is finally in a state where it can be released. This isn't like my usual release threads with the giant picture reason being this map is a bit more complicated to put in than most maps. It requires addons that need to be added. A full set of instructions is included with the map in a readme file. The map has dozens of enterable locations. Plenty of housing and shops. As well as a working subway system, container crane and different areas like the outlands, downtown, and the suburbs. This map may indeed not be anything new or original but it is big and I tried to make it as nice as possible so you all can have a great time playing it.

If you would like to make a donation for whatever reason feel free to do it HERE. All donators will have their name placed on the credits texture that will be in the map and the donations will be greatly appreciated. The donations will not go to any particular thing. What they go to is entirely up to me unless you specify otherwise.

YOU NEED Episode 2 and Episode 1 TO PLAY THIS!

This map is also very resource intensive. Meaning you should have at least 2GB of ram, a radeon 9800se or better, and a 2.4GHz P4 processor or better. If the map runs sluggish anywhere except when staring at the GC Lagasaurus then your computer needs to be upgraded or you need to take steps to make the framerate better. Such as turning off AA and AF and setting your screen resolution to 1024x768 or similar.

Note that you do not have permission to use any content from this map or it's addons in any other map, gamemode, addon etc. Make your own shit. I did not spend over a year and a half making shit for other people's projects.

Pictures
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the Addons
    The SVN's are only for future updates. If this is the first time you have installed it, scroll down to the Downloads section and get the Evocity download link, and the GMow link!

There are 3.
    A new version of Gmow which you need if you want to hear vehicle sounds for some of the
    sicknessmodels cars. Download below!

Sicknessmodels-Exactly what it is, my models and vehicles for evocity.

Svn Info:

This is only for future updates its included in the zip below.

EvoCity2-Extra materials, soundscape file, etc. YOU NEED THIS!

Svn Info:

This is only for future updates its included in the zip below.

The command if you do not do this the map WILL NOT WORK!

This fix took me 3 months to find. Add this to the command line of Garrysmod.

Code:
    +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0

-This fix needs to be added both clientside and serverside.

If you do not know how to update your command line here is how.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. right click gmod on steam and select properties.
    2. Click set launch options.
    3. Copy and paste or type +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 in that text area click ok.
    4. close window and you are done.

Download links.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

The all in one. Includes everything except GMOW 3.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZY279ZCB DEAD AT THE MOMENT
    http://www.filefront.com/14261609/Evocity2.zip/

Gmow 3

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SIT6I79C
    http://dl.tylerantonio.com/evocity2/VehiclePack.rar

More mirrors coming soon.

Credits:
    __________________________________________________ _

Sgt.Sgt- Lead mapper, modeler, texture artist.
    Sir Zolofto- Mapper, texture artist.
    Ajacks- Texture artist.

Testers:

MrSexyBeast
    JSM
    Sgt. Steagan
    Dr.Berry
    Meteornet (Not only for testing for a hour but hosting the map and running their server on the map using an actual decent gamemode :D)

Donators:

Athena
    Honkers101**
    che
    magnusfosdal
    MyndPhreak
    ratman122
    DsnRabble
    Mr Affinity
    Gluttony
    cbrain
    MrSexyBeast
    MattSif
    Frohman2
    Master Zero
    Street_Wolf(Thanks a ton man!)
    JABBA69R
    Master Chris
    jordguitar(Major uber super thanks a tons)
    arienh4
    Hunter, SpAcY
    Unreal_Me
    fishyfish777
    Pharenhite & Meteornet
    Amez
    Sean C
    huntskikbut(Major uber super thanks a tons)
    Koopa
    wildturkey50
    JokeDindon
    Reinhardt
    MAGZine
    Virus
    AcidicSteaks
    Chode Circus

Have fun everyone!

Do not edit or redistribute this map and/or its content in any way shape or form without my consent.

Also if anyone is curious about someone who joins a server that you are in and you are wondering if it is actually me here is my Steam ID. STEAM_0:1:10140001
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic x 11Agree x 10Dumb x 6Mapping King x 5Optimistic x 4Informative x 3Useful x 3Funny x 2Disagree x 2Friendly x 1Bad Spelling x 1Bad Reading x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    Hurray new thread, so how bout that version 2 :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts
    Working on moar modulz.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling x 9Informative x 2Funny x 2Optimistic x 2Mapping King x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    22 Posts
    Just make sure the new GC isn't bigger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    Working on moar modulz.
    great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,888 Posts
    how about that gas station? Can we get a picture of it?

7. Post #7
    Can you post "WIP" models in the OP? Would be very nice than having to search through (predicted) 100 pages

Also, I would really really like a version of this map without the damn GC! :argh: but it's not gonna happen, cause you said so! :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2007
    337 Posts
    Awesome map!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2008
    159 Posts
    Could be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,587 Posts
    Could be better.
    In terms of optimization, right?

The map is runnable, perfectly on my system on low, though, so everything is cool, yo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,248 Posts
    In terms of optimization, right?

The map is runnable, perfectly on my system on low, though, so everything is cool, yo.
    yeah, i lag when i look at the GC and i have my settings on high(ish), im going to try that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,502 Posts
    A-Fucking-Mazing

And I haven't even played it yet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,873 Posts
    A-Fucking-Mazing

Me neither, to be honest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,391 Posts
    yeah, i lag when i look at the GC and i have my settings on high(ish), im going to try that.
    I get 9 to 11 frames on a GTX 260 near the GC.

15. Post #15
    Oh jesus the lag is why I uninstalled this map. It's so bad it actually restarted my PC, for some reason. It was definently the GC.

I really want a version where the GC area is just a patch of grass. A version without the GC = :heart:

16. Post #16
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    I get 9 to 11 frames on a GTX 260 near the GC.
    Same GTS 250 'superclocked edition'

17. Post #17
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,248 Posts
    Oh jesus the lag is why I uninstalled this map. It's so bad it actually restarted my PC, for some reason. It was definently the GC.

I really want a version where the GC area is just a patch of grass. A version without the GC = :heart:
    i second this, maybe a park for the chirping birds? ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    i second this, maybe a park for the chirping birds? ^_^
    Already stated in the OLD thread, Sgt. Sgt. WILL NOT make a version without the GC

19. Post #19
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,870 Posts
    Hey I was wondering how would I use this on my dedicated, because of that +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 command or should i not use this map for a server becasue of its huge size

20. Post #20
    Already stated in the OLD thread, Sgt. Sgt. WILL NOT make a version without the GC
    Well that's fucking useless, and this map was nice. The GC makes it unplayable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,502 Posts
    A-Fucking-Mazing

I can't disagree with an opinion.....

But now that I finally have finished downloading it,
    it is EPIC!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    Well that's fucking useless, and this map was nice. The GC makes it unplayable.
    Unplayable for you, I can run it just fine. and I dont even have those fancy GTX 250's just a 9500 GT...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,587 Posts
    I have a 6600 and I run this map on low perfectly, minus a bit of lag when I exit the tunnel to suburbs.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    13,888 Posts
    i can run this map perfectly
    my spec:
    E8400 duo
    4 gb ram
    9800 gt

when i first played this map i had 2 gb of ram too.

Also it depends on the server too. Like on hunt's pulsar effect roleplay server. I crash a ton there. but not on meteronet.
    BTW Why is MN always empty?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    BTW Why is MN always empty?
    They have no big community I suppose..
    Pulsar effect does.

Which is a shame, I really like their server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Unplayable for you, I can run it just fine. and I dont even have those fancy GTX 250's just a 9500 GT...
    I just want a version without it! :cry:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    I just want a version without it! :cry:
    Go cry some more.

Also I know what will be a great: A donut shop! With a big donut on top of it :D
    (I will lol all day long if u add that)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,527 Posts
    Go cry some more.

Also I know what will be a great: A donut shop! With a big donut on top of it :D
    (I will lol all day long if u add that)
    HAHA Nice

Man, this map makes my map look like a cheap ripoff... Oh well I'ma try and make mine original. It's hard to make a GC that doesn't look like evo's

29. Post #29
    December 2006
    2 Posts
    I don't know if this is just me, but the BMW M5 doesn't have any sounds, yet some people say they can hear the sounds. I checked the filepaths and there is no "vehicles/socar4" directory for the M5's sounds.

Please help me out because I use this car all the time in roleplay and would love to hear the engine run!

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,343 Posts
    Blocky, bad lighting, repeating textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    March 2009
    372 Posts
    Hey Sgt Could You Like Put Your Cars In A Diffrent Pack Just By There Selfs Cause The Map To Me Is Buggy And I Havnt Got Sickness Models Like can U Upload Your Cars To Gmod,org please ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 5 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,520 Posts
    I hope that was sarcasm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33

December 2007
    44 Posts
    This version is great, But you cant beat the original!

34. Post #34
    MechaFag
    December 2006
    8,021 Posts
    I love it, I just don't love how everything takes up 4 gigs

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,400 Posts
    I still don't get why giving money out for you to buy food/shelter is a good idea...get a job!

Anyway, the map is nice. The only problem is that it's 1: Huge and 2: Some buildings are pointless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    May 2009
    151 Posts
    I still don't get why giving money out for you to buy food/shelter is a good idea...get a job!

Anyway, the map is nice. The only problem is that it's 1: Huge and 2: Some buildings are pointless.
    1) It's not to buy food and shelter. He has a job. They're donations, and like any other donation, it's for him to do with what he wants. It's just to be generous to him for all the time he put into the map.

2) It's huge because that was the intention.

3) Some buildings are useless because you don't know how to Roleplay them correctly. EVERY and ANY building has a purpose if you know how to Roleplay. That's the whole idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    September 2005
    4 Posts
    Evocity 2 truly is a great map that can be downloaded here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZY279ZCB
    http://www.pulsareffect.com/sgtsickness/Evocity2.zip
    http://sgtsgt.meteornet.net/Evocity2.zip
    http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/51661/Evocity2.zip
    http://www.chodecircus.com/Evocity2.zip
    http://www.spraus.com/sgtsickness/Evocity2.zip

After installing the map it is nessecary to open steam.

then right click garrys mod and hit properties.

then hit launch options and coppy the following into the dialog box:

+r_hunkalloclightmaps 0

After doing that join me and other followers of the way of the cake in the distant burning chaos server brought to you by the ninja magic of XIBALBA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,441 Posts
    The map is pretty well made, optimized, massive, great custom textures, and by far the best role play map there is! I'd like to see a map surpass this one. If you think you found one, look at it again and we'll laugh together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,577 Posts

I ask for donations because it helps keep me going on maps. Also the map being huge was part of my overall plan. That's why I made cars and updated car packs and things like that. None of the buildings are pointless, some may be to you but not to others. However I haven't played geemawd in some time as I have been out of town so who knows maybe the player base became more unimaginative than before.

Edited:

I loled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    March 2009
    333 Posts
    So? Is there a planned release for V2? Or? Not to put anyone in a rush, I'm just excited :)