1. Post #81
    July 2006
    51 Posts
    FUCK.
    I don't have EP2 on my gmod account :(

2. Post #82
    November 2008
    44 Posts
    so.... why do we have a second release thread and not a rp_evocity2_v2 thread?

3. Post #83
    April 2009
    1,102 Posts
    Hmmm no one is helping me

4. Post #84
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Hey I have a problem,I put the command in for The properties in gmod.But It just goes only up to Loading world up 4 notches.And It just stops I have to pres ctrl alt del For gmod to stop.And It doesnt load.
    Sounds like a running out of memory problem or something is causing it to crash. Unfortunately I can't read MDMP files.

In other news, due to my internet getting shut off because the place I live is a pile of fail and aids, I had time to work on the map. I actually started working on a new GC. Something I did not want to do but I don't ever see zolofto online or I would ask him to continue his. This newer tower has lot's of custom textures and will be leaner and more of a sealed unit than the last one. The section in the back that is dev is no longer there as it is too small to do what I wanted to do with it. It was going to be a pool with a glass roof sorta like evo1 but nobody ever used the pool even though it looked cool. The GC will feature a jail, courthouse, offices and maybe a restaurant but I don't know because there is already a fancy restaurant next to the electronics store. There is a possibility of a lab being added but it will all be sealed off and hopefully there won't be as much lag.

You will notice the tower is more simplified than the last one but yet retains the vertical columns of the original but without the large windows and skyshaft. The design isn't concrete but this is the 3rd revision so there is a good chance the final one will look very similar to this but with a little more detail.

5. Post #85
    March 2009
    271 Posts
    Fucking ep 1 & 2......
    Will there be versions that dont require them?

6. Post #86
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Fucking ep 1 & 2......
    Not of evocity2. At least until all content in the map becomes that which I made then yes. But will this ever happen? Probably not. Evocity 1 doesn't require ep2 or ep1. Just CS:S.

7. Post #87
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    I was the pool used several times.. I loved it, It's something I missed from Evo1.

The new GC looks great! Keep up the good work.

(If your not adding a restaurant in it, Why not add my idea of a donut shop! :D)

8. Post #88
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,720 Posts
    The new GC is looking amazing, it looks far slimmer and less lag inducing in the picture :).

9. Post #89
    July 2007
    1,086 Posts
    Although the original never caused me many problems I have to say that I already prefer this one, to me it just looks more realistic. Great work and I hope that it all comes together soon.

10. Post #90
    May 2009
    151 Posts
    I was the pool used several times.. I loved it, It's something I missed from Evo1.

The new GC looks great! Keep up the good work.

(If your not adding a restaurant in it, Why not add my idea of a donut shop! :D)
    Because I think the government wouldn't put a Donut Shop inside a government office. Maybe make the restaurant a donut shop and put the restaurant in the GC, but either way, I don't think there will be a fast-food type floor on the new GC, if Sgt.sgt decides to continue development of v2.

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    I have been working on a front desk to the new GC. I want to make the entire building very elegant. Lots of marble, lots of fine wood very modern. I have been doing a lot of work for some reason but now I have had a bit too much sauce and I got to go to bed for work so here is the last pic I am going to post for now. It is the most current render of the desk and the big ass 2 story painting that will be hung behind it.

My first intention was to model all the text but it made the model way over 2500 polys because of the font. So for the sake of lag issues I just made it part of the skin on the desk.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    so there is going to be a v2?
    Very nice. Hey, uh, is that gas station going to be there? I have this thing were i like running businesses that no one ever uses, just to see who actually role plays.

13. Post #93
    May 2009
    151 Posts
    so there is going to be a v2?
    Very nice. Hey, uh, is that gas station going to be there? I have this thing were i like running businesses that no one ever uses, just to see who actually role plays.
    The gas station will stay. Sgt.sgt had finished all the other minor touch-ups he wanted done for v2, but Zolofto kept delaying and putting off the Government Center. Sgt.sgt wanted to release it, so he's now doing the GC as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    How to fix this Texture and BIG ERROR problem
    http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g...ty2v1p0000.jpg

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    How to fix this Texture and BIG ERROR problem
    http://img44.imageshack.us/gal.php?g...ty2v1p0000.jpg
    All that missing stuff is from ep1.

16. Post #96
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    All that missing stuff is from ep1.
    So basicly i need to buy ep1 :D for only 1 texture and 1 door ?

17. Post #97
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    So basicly i need to buy ep1 :D for only 1 texture and 1 door ?
    If you want the textures.. YES it looks like you can play without them...

Edited:

also I can't wait for v2

18. Post #98
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    If you want the textures.. YES it looks like you can play without them...

Edited:

also I can't wait for v2
    Then if someone will jail me i can simple run out because there is no doors :D

19. Post #99
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    the object is still there so NO

20. Post #100
    May 2009
    151 Posts
    The physical properties of the door are still there. You'll still run into them. You just won't be able to see them.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Fucking ep 1 & 2......
    Heh, I bought the orange box while the map was still a W.I.P, back in july 2008.

22. Post #102
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Here be a pictar.

I am so redoing that lamp post and probably my stoplight set.

23. Post #103
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    Nice, still can't wait (I'm getting lots of random crashes with v1 so I'm hoping this will help, PC specs are fine/above reqs for this map)

24. Post #104
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    Nice, still can't wait (I'm getting lots of random crashes with v1 so I'm hoping this will help, PC specs are fine/above reqs for this map)
    If your playing it in singleplayer everything should go fine, When I am playing on PERP or some other gamemode with loads of extra stuff it would crash (more often), So I dont really think it's the map.

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    750 Posts
    Every... single... link... is down...

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Every... single... link... is down...
    Megabuttload works still. Ill work on getting some more links up and running.

27. Post #107
    October 2008
    2,029 Posts
    Will V2 be bigger (file size wise) than V1? And if so, by how much/little?
    Still gonna download whether it's bigger or smaller, just curios on the size.

28. Post #108
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    I have such a feeling it's not gonna change that much, Since the old GC is now gone.

But there are some new buildings so I don't know. I'm sure it's not gonna matter that much really.

29. Post #109
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Should be about the same. Maybe a bit more because of the new content.

30. Post #110
    October 2008
    2,029 Posts
    Sounds good then.

Anyone know what ever happened to the original (or one of originals anyway) GC building from the old thread? Like if it was saved after it had to be scaled down? There was a picture of it and it looked like a really, really, tall tower-like building and had an evil look to it, liked that one alot. But if I remember right it took up too much space in hammer and had to be changed into what it currently is. Would just like to know if it was saved or blown apart completely.

Anyways, I think the look of the GC (in the screenshots above) suits the map alot more than the current one does (mostly the huge windows).

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts

Workin on main st. As you can see I still got some errors. But this is with just a shell of the gc. The gc is also the last thing to do. I am going to try to incorporate zolofto's old tower ideas into the new one but at the same time still be stingy on brushes. Anyway time to cook.

32. Post #112
    May 2009
    151 Posts
    The stoplight posts look like pencils.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    I blame MNDoT. I like them because they have more detail than most stoplights because of the added support.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/design/st...00/s8123f1.pdf

Tech specs on the stoplight.

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,012 Posts
    I blame MNDoT. I like them because they have more detail than most stoplights because of the added support.

http://www.dot.state.mn.us/design/st...00/s8123f1.pdf

Tech specs on the stoplight.
    Doesn't that mandate a flat ca and not a pointed one, and doesn't the MNDoT also mandate that the traffic poles should only be painted yellow to the top of the traffic signal mounted on the pole and not the entire pole?

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,581 Posts
    Doesn't that mandate a flat ca and not a pointed one, and doesn't the MNDoT also mandate that the traffic poles should only be painted yellow to the top of the traffic signal mounted on the pole and not the entire pole?
    Detail E shows it can be pointed, helps the rain water slide off better preventing rust. Also about paint I don't know exactly what mndot specifies, I know certain counties and towns have their own regulations but where I used to live in crystal all of ours were yellow poled with green bases and silver or galvanized arms.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,104 Posts
    those are some peculiar stop lights. Here in philly we either have big grey ones. Or some ornate green ones downtown.

37. Post #117
    April 2007
    11 Posts
    i can run this map perfectly
    my spec:
    E8400 duo
    4 gb ram
    9800 gt

when i first played this map i had 2 gb of ram too.

Also it depends on the server too. Like on hunt's pulsar effect roleplay server. I crash a ton there. but not on meteronet.
    BTW Why is MN always empty?
    We have a small community of 'regulars', but we are always looking for new people to join. New people join, see the server is empty (at whatever timezone) and leave, which in turn leaves the server empty again. It is a catch 22.

On-topic, the new changes to the map look pretty good and are 'in the right direction'.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,645 Posts
    They look like that IRL too, also god damn MNDoT taking out crosswalk buttons at CR-42 :mad:

Edited:

Detail E shows it can be pointed, helps the rain water slide off better preventing rust. Also about paint I don't know exactly what mndot specifies, I know certain counties and towns have their own regulations but where I used to live in crystal all of ours were yellow poled with green bases and silver or galvanized arms.
    Pretty much the same anywhere

39. Post #119
    December 2008
    653 Posts
    Any New development?

40. Post #120
    November 2008
    44 Posts
    could we get some more picture of the new version