1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    So Sgt Sgt hows it going with testing?
    Had some tunnel clearance issues and a couple vehicle models that I had placed that were fucked up. Hopefully they are fixed now I will be testing again in a hour hopefully it won't be fucked up then.

2. Post #322
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,241 Posts
    Had some tunnel clearance issues and a couple vehicle models that I had placed that were fucked up. Hopefully they are fixed now I will be testing again in a hour hopefully it won't be fucked up then.
    How many, if any, buildings are being reused from the previous version of Evocity?

3. Post #323
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,014 Posts
    so we can expect the update this week then maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #324
    November 2008
    1,012 Posts
    Happy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    okay i will reinstall again - its sounds like gmod having issues - i did uncheck all the boxes and restarted and checked all the boxes and tried again - same results
    You do have CS:S don't you?

6. Post #326

September 2009
    8 Posts
    You do have CS:S don't you?
    well its now resolved - its now shows up perfectlly

thanks for help

7. Post #327
    BJK
    December 2008
    1,758 Posts
    Every time I try to open the map, it crashes and gets:
    Engine Error
    Engine hunk overflow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 13Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    Every time I try to open the map, it crashes and gets:
    That's because you can't read. If you don't know what I mean figure it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

9. Post #329
    BJK
    December 2008
    1,758 Posts
    Thanks. Rate me bad reading.

Edited:

Kids when the OP tells you to read you fucking DO IT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 20Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #330
    November 2008
    1,012 Posts
    Sgt. have you tried to add the militia skybox as you said some posts ago? How does it look?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

11. Post #331
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,834 Posts
    /me Casually strolls in

.... so...... hows v2 testing going....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #332
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    /me Casually strolls in

.... so...... hows v2 testing going....
    Not happy with the new area. I am redoing it except the two farms. The 2 big factory areas I made are not up to par in the slightest so they are going away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #333
    February 2009
    46 Posts
    Will there still be an industrial area?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Sgt, you said ages and ages ago that when you had released Evocity 2, you would go back and lightly spruse up Evocity 1, fix the cave glitch and re-release. Any chance of you doing that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    650 Posts
    Yeah i wanna use the cave!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,703 Posts
    Yeah i wanna use the cave!!
    It's just a cave, nothing truly special. It's intention was a place to get away from the city and be ronery.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    October 2007
    143 Posts
    So when is the new version coming out?
    (Get back on the topic of evocity2)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    New pics.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

19. Post #339
    BJK
    December 2008
    1,758 Posts
    militia_hdr

:neckbeard:

Might want to work on the background trees, move the texture up just a few pixels. There is a visible line.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #340
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    New pics.
    http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/6076/rpevocity2v2rc110001.jpg
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3820/rpevocity2v2rc110002.jpg
    http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/8642/rpevocity2v2rc110003.jpg
    I note the GHQ is as excessively big as ever.
    What's it like on the inside now?

21. Post #341
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    It's in one word: Amazing!

And what Lexic said, I hope you can make some pictures of the inside of the GC.

22. Post #342
    July 2007
    1,085 Posts
    Looking better than ever Sgt.Sgt, keep it up.

23. Post #343
    Dennab
    November 2007
    2,807 Posts
    YAY! its actually bright

24. Post #344
    November 2008
    1,012 Posts
    That is awesome! And you used my advice on the militia skybox! :fappery::fappery:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,834 Posts
    what is needed for the skybox? Game?

Looks great :biggrin:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

26. Post #346
    November 2008
    44 Posts
    If you look at the goverment center, does it repeatedly say in concole "To many vertex, whole world can not be rendered" over and over again. Or do you get that anywhere else?

27. Post #347
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Trim 2 units off the background trees brush, the texture has some sort of line on it when you "fit" it to the brush.

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,014 Posts
    It looks really cheery now :o

29. Post #349
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    Something that came to my mind after seeing that pic:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #350
    BJK
    December 2008
    1,758 Posts
    "We fixed the sky"

Damn straight. :fappery:

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,162 Posts
    I need to change my pants AGAIN. everything you post new pics i :gizz:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #352
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,014 Posts
    Stop wearing pants. Problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #353
    ''just wondering''
    December 2008
    2,834 Posts

Edited:

The GC looks great with the new skybox

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    Ok so I am redoing half the area I put in because of a shadow casting problem from the section above it. It is turning out to be more like evocity 1, if this is a good or bad thing remains to be seen as I don't have much of the new new area done yet. It basically consists of a long road surrounded by cliffs, sound familiar? Well not quite. There are structures going to be scattered along the road and it will end up in another big area. What is in these new areas? A few small houses for the recluses of the RP server, a small church, a large factory like facility from the 1900's, and maybe some other stuff. The problem I am having right now is what else should be replaced, I have had a few requests to get rid of the car dealership and replace it with something else. However the downtown area is the reason why I have no resources left. Because of the proximity of the buildings it creates more waterindicies with the clusterfuck of brushwork. Basically this is what the new area will look like.

Some sections will be wider than others, possibly a creek with a small bridge thrown in there somewhere but because of the map being layered it is causing issues with how the water reflects as you can see in the suburb section in the drainage canal. The road texture probably won't stay. It apparently got distorted in photoshop when I was tiling it so I have to redo it. For those that were complaining about the map being too big before, well it's going to be wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too big now. But that was the goal in this map was to make it as big as possible but still detailed enough were it doesn't look like a bunch of cubes with shitty lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

35. Post #355
    October 2008
    2,014 Posts
    Considering I liked Evo 1 more than 2 (for reasons I can't really place) this sounds good to me. My biggest problem with RP and Gmod as a whole is sources map size limit, so the bigger the better to me. Provided it doesn't look like shit.

36. Post #356
    July 2009
    555 Posts
    Cant wait for V2

U fixed nexus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    14,014 Posts
    Cant wait for V2

U fixed nexus?
    Nope, he added onto the nexus, he took Zoloft's gc and added like 10 pools on the roof!

38. Post #358
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,703 Posts
    Nope, he added onto the nexus, he took Zoloft's gc and added like 10 pools on the roof!
    And lotsa particles, you alwalys have to have lotsa particles :p.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

39. Post #359
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I'm glad your gonna change that road texture

40. Post #360
    BJK
    December 2008
    1,758 Posts
    I like the road but it needs straitening.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)