1. Post #1
    July 2009
    398 Posts
    sauce

article posted:
    More than 60 campers from Northeast Philadelphia were turned away from a private swim club and left to wonder if their race was the reason.

"I heard this lady, she was like, 'Uh, what are all these black kids doing here?' She's like, 'I'm scared they might do something to my child,'" said camper Dymire Baylor.

The Creative Steps Day Camp paid more than $1900 to The Valley Swim Club. The Valley Swim Club is a private club that advertises open membership. But the campers' first visit to the pool suggested otherwise.

"When the minority children got in the pool all of the Caucasian children immediately exited the pool," Horace Gibson, parent of a day camp child, wrote in an email. "The pool attendants came and told the black children that they did not allow minorities in the club and needed the children to leave immediately."

The next day the club told the camp director that the camp's membership was being suspended and their money would be refunded.

"I said, 'The parents don't want the refund. They want a place for their children to swim,'" camp director Aetha Wright said.

Campers remain unsure why they're no longer welcome.

"They just kicked us out. And we were about to go. Had our swim things and everything," said camper Simer Burwell.

The explanation they got was either dishearteningly honest or poorly worded.

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.

While the parents await an apology, the camp is scrambling to find a new place for the kids to beat the summer heat.
    What the actual fuck, do these people think black people eat children or something? I thought this shit ended 40 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2008
    72 Posts
    What a bunch of fuckers.

3. Post #3
    April 2009
    18 Posts
    black people aren't bad, it's the damn zombies you need to worry about, give them some time and they'll go feral on you

4. Post #4
    April 2005
    1,720 Posts
    Gave me a good laugh.
    Meh it is their PRIVATE Swim Club. So really they can be the biggest dicks they want and get away with it.

5. Post #5
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    Maybe the lifeguard mixed them up with killer whales. Those are black too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    What kind of swim club?

It'd be illegal if it were a public pool, but because it is a private one that requires a membership then it could be legal.

Also with $1900, couldn't they just get their own damn pool?

7. Post #7
    April 2005
    1,720 Posts
    oh my god thats racist ban yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Gave me a good laugh.
    Meh it is their PRIVATE Swim Club. So really they can be the biggest dicks they want and get away with it.
    Meh, Chrysler(Before they went bankrupt) is a privately owned company, so you're saying they are allowed to discriminate?

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    500 Posts
    heh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    August 2007
    1,106 Posts
    lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2005
    1,720 Posts
    What kind of swim club?

It'd be illegal if it were a public pool, but because it is a private one that requires a membership then it could be legal.

Also with $1900, couldn't they just get their own damn pool?
    Learn to read the OP

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,525 Posts
    Yeah but they're also white, silly.

13. Post #13
    April 2005
    1,720 Posts
    Meh, Chrysler(Before they went bankrupt) is a privately owned company, so you're saying they are allowed to discriminate?
    You know what I meant faget
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    If I own a pool and say it's private but allow my friends in then yes, I'm allowed to discriminate. Just because it's a private group doesn't matter.

Learn to read the OP
    OP posted:
    "I said, 'The parents don't want the refund. They want a place for their children to swim,'" camp director Aetha Wright said.
    Yeah, why do they need to be in a private pool for $1900 again?

15. Post #15
    December 2008
    465 Posts
    What the fuck?
    Did they think all the black people had AIDS or something?

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    19,587 Posts
    No one's going to post the meme? No one? Really?

17. Post #17
    April 2005
    1,720 Posts
    If I own a pool and say it's private but allow my friends in then yes, I'm allowed to discriminate. Just because it's a private group doesn't matter.

Yeah, why do they need to be in a private pool for $1900 again?
    Maybe its a badass waterpark or something.

Edited:

I would but I'd get banned.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    724 Posts
    AHAHAHAHAHA Wow.

19. Post #19
    April 2009
    1,333 Posts
    Thread title made me smile

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    Maybe its a badass waterpark or something.

Edited:

I would but I'd get banned.
    Yeah who gives a fuck, it's private. I could make a private waterpark, hang up a sign that says "NO NIGGERS ALLOWED" and it'd be legal.

21. Post #21
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    Yeah but they're also white, silly.
    So are black people, on their hands and feet a little bit.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,628 Posts
    well, it's a black guy who's saying "pool's closed", so it's kinda... well, ironic if not anything else.

also, they purchased memberships, they should be allowed to go into the pool. just because it's a private club pool is no excuse for racism.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member

February 2009
    2,339 Posts

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,628 Posts
    Yeah who gives a fuck, it's private. I could make a private waterpark, hang up a sign that says "NO NIGGERS ALLOWED" and it'd be legal.
    no... discrimination has been illegal in the states since the early-mid 1900's...

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    well, it's a black guy who's saying "pool's closed", so it's kinda... well, ironic if not anything else.

also, they purchased memberships, they should be allowed to go into the pool. just because it's a private club pool is no excuse for racism.
    Yeah, that's the part that's bad. They said they'd refund them but I don't get why the didn't decide just not to give them memberships in the first place?

no... discrimination has been illegal in the states since the early-mid 1900's...
    From USlaw.com:

Discrimination might occur when an individual tries to vote; rent, or buy a home; use a public facility; get a job, an education, or a bank loan, or do many other things.

That doesn't say anything about privately owned property, does it?

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Well not if a black-man wanted a job there, and you were hiring people to work there of course.

27. Post #27
    May 2009
    148 Posts
    Had to come sooner or later...

28. Post #28
    February 2007
    539 Posts
    What the hell, are they stuck in the 50's or something?

29. Post #29
    It.
    January 2009
    719 Posts
    It's called private.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,684 Posts
    It's the opposite.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    It's called private.
    Yeah, sorry I kind of ninja'd you with my edit.

Well not if a black-man wanted a job there, and you were hiring people to work there of course.
    That's not what this is about at all.

32. Post #32
    March 2009
    795 Posts
    They PAID FOR THE POOL! They were ALLOWED TO PAY IN THE FIRST PLACE.

It's not like the pool openly says, "NO NIGGURZZZ ALOWRED!!!". They have just as much the right.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    That's not what this is about at all.
    Just sayin...

34. Post #34
    December 2008
    465 Posts
    This would be considered discrimination, as they allowed whites to pay for the use of the pool but not blacks.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    993 Posts
    This would be considered discrimination, as they allowed whites to pay for the use of the pool but not blacks.
    They can allow or disallow anyone to pay for their shit if it's private.

36. Post #36
    December 2008
    465 Posts
    No they can't.

Edited:

If you're selling your house but only agree to sell it to whites, it's discrimination.

37. Post #37
    July 2009
    4 Posts
    This is why we can't have nice things

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    985 Posts
    Yeah, that's the part that's bad. They said they'd refund them but I don't get why the didn't decide just not to give them memberships in the first place?

From USlaw.com:

Discrimination might occur when an individual tries to vote; rent, or buy a home; use a public facility; get a job, an education, or a bank loan, or do many other things.

That doesn't say anything about privately owned property, does it?
    It's obviously discrimination by definition. I mean, the USlaw quote says "many other things", and this would certainly fall in there =/

39. Post #39
    May 2009
    148 Posts
    This is why we can't have nice things
    What are you doing on FP, Mr. Obama?

40. Post #40
    February 2008
    374 Posts
    I love you.