GibMod: "Explode and dismember people and NPCs--ONLINE!"
- NPC ragdolls stay on multiplayer
- Gibbing when killed by explosions
- Customizable with gibmod_* commands (below)
- Shoot someone in the head, and their ragdoll's head will be gone too :)
- Works on NPCs and players
- Works in multiplayer!
* gibmod_bloodtime # - The number of seconds before the blood after dismembering something disappears
* gibmod_enabledismemberment [1/0] - Enable dismemberment (ragdolls will just gib if you shoot them if this is off)
* gibmod_enablegibbing [1/0] - Enable gibbing (people will just turn into ragdolls when they die with this off)
* gibmod_gibbouncetime # - The number of seconds before gibs disappear after hitting the ground
* gibmod_gibmaxtime # - The number of seconds before gibs disappear regardless if they hit the ground or not
* gibmod_maxgibs # - Maximum number of gibs to make whenever someone dies
* gibmod_mingibs # - Minimum number of gibs to make whenever someone dies
* gibmod_onlydecapdeadrags [1/0] - Should we only be able to dismember the ragdolls of dead people, or just any prop_ragdoll on the map?
* gibmod_onlygibdeadrags [1/0] - Should we only be able to gib the ragdolls of dead people, or just any prop_ragdoll on the map?
* gibmod_ragdolltime # - The number of seconds before ragdolls disappear
* gibmod_gibdecals [1/0] - If gibs splash blood decals on the floor when they hit
* gibmod_damagedecals [1/0] - If blood decals are created around a dismembered joint
* gibmod_maxeffects # - Maximum number of gibs on screen at once (clientside)
* gibmod_keepgibs [1/0] - Should gibs stay permanently? (At least until maxeffects is hit)
* gibmod_pufftime # - Number of time in seconds that the "puff" cloud of blood will stay around for
* gibmod_hstime # - Same as pufftime, but for the smaller puff used in headshots
* gibmod_numhgibs # - Number of "brain" gibs to come out when you get a headshot
* gibmod_rehook - Reloads GibMod in case it ceases to function properly
* gibmod_cleanmap - Cleans the map of all gibs and decals
* gibmod_compatibilitymode [1/0] - Toggles compatibility mode for those installs having conflicting addon problems
Extract to addons.
Screenshots in the download link:
New of v1.63:
Old video of v1.5
Old video of v1.1, courtesy of Illokin.
If you're having problems with GibMod not working, try using "gibmod_compatibilitymode 1" in console and restarting the map.
To add custom gib models:
Just open autorun/gibmod.lua and add/remove lines in the lists at the top of the file accordingly.
Changes made to this list will only take effect on the server, it isn't clientside.
Be sure to add commas after every line but the last!