Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    GibMod: "Explode and dismember people and NPCs--ONLINE!"

Features:
    - NPC ragdolls stay on multiplayer
    - Dismemberment
    - Gibbing when killed by explosions
    - Customizable with gibmod_* commands (below)
    - Shoot someone in the head, and their ragdoll's head will be gone too :)
    - Works on NPCs and players
    - Works in multiplayer!

Commands:
    * gibmod_bloodtime # - The number of seconds before the blood after dismembering something disappears
    * gibmod_enabledismemberment [1/0] - Enable dismemberment (ragdolls will just gib if you shoot them if this is off)
    * gibmod_enablegibbing [1/0] - Enable gibbing (people will just turn into ragdolls when they die with this off)
    * gibmod_gibbouncetime # - The number of seconds before gibs disappear after hitting the ground
    * gibmod_gibmaxtime # - The number of seconds before gibs disappear regardless if they hit the ground or not
    * gibmod_maxgibs # - Maximum number of gibs to make whenever someone dies
    * gibmod_mingibs # - Minimum number of gibs to make whenever someone dies
    * gibmod_onlydecapdeadrags [1/0] - Should we only be able to dismember the ragdolls of dead people, or just any prop_ragdoll on the map?
    * gibmod_onlygibdeadrags [1/0] - Should we only be able to gib the ragdolls of dead people, or just any prop_ragdoll on the map?
    * gibmod_ragdolltime # - The number of seconds before ragdolls disappear
    * gibmod_gibdecals [1/0] - If gibs splash blood decals on the floor when they hit
    * gibmod_damagedecals [1/0] - If blood decals are created around a dismembered joint
    * gibmod_maxeffects # - Maximum number of gibs on screen at once (clientside)
    * gibmod_keepgibs [1/0] - Should gibs stay permanently? (At least until maxeffects is hit)
    * gibmod_pufftime # - Number of time in seconds that the "puff" cloud of blood will stay around for
    * gibmod_hstime # - Same as pufftime, but for the smaller puff used in headshots
    * gibmod_numhgibs # - Number of "brain" gibs to come out when you get a headshot
    * gibmod_rehook - Reloads GibMod in case it ceases to function properly
    * gibmod_cleanmap - Cleans the map of all gibs and decals
    * gibmod_compatibilitymode [1/0] - Toggles compatibility mode for those installs having conflicting addon problems

Extract to addons.
    Enjoy.

Screenshots in the download link:

New of v1.63:
    Old video of v1.5
    Old video of v1.1, courtesy of Illokin.

If you're having problems with GibMod not working, try using "gibmod_compatibilitymode 1" in console and restarting the map.

To add custom gib models:
    Just open autorun/gibmod.lua and add/remove lines in the lists at the top of the file accordingly.
    Changes made to this list will only take effect on the server, it isn't clientside.
    Be sure to add commas after every line but the last!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua King x 13Useful x 6Artistic x 6Dumb x 5Agree x 3Disagree x 2Late x 1Friendly x 1Winner x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,012 Posts
    -Shnip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 7Bad Spelling x 6Disagree x 4Funny x 1Lua King x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2007
    464 Posts
    Dismemberment mod does the same.....
    Not on players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 17Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    And not in multiplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    20,994 Posts
    Video, please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb x 5Bad Reading x 4Funny x 1Late x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    Already found a devastating exploit in the code that could crash a server easily in less than 5 seconds. I don't recommend any server install this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,795 Posts
    Already found a devastating exploit in the code that could crash a server easily in less than 5 seconds. I don't recommend any server install this.
    The fact that any client can modify the convars?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    I don't suppose you'd be interested in, you know, telling me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 5Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2008
    86 Posts
    what about this:

would be epic when you shoot a head of the brain flies out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    October 2008
    6 Posts
    Tried this with my friend, it was awesome, there were just a few problems though.
    First of all, the part where you shoot people's heads off is GREAT, only downside is that the blood looks weird, TF2 style may I say? and there's no blood on the ragdoll's head or on the floor or anything.

I suggest making it like Dismemberment mod, shoot a guy's head, it blows up in a bloody fountain of... blood. Maybe add some...I don't know what you call them, the blood lines that hang down walls in Dismemberment mod.

Secondly, when you nuke the map, it seems to continueosly gib you, which may result in the crashing of your game.

Other than those small things, it's an awesome mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    February 2009
    122 Posts
    .I don't know what you call them, the blood lines that hang down walls in Dismemberment mod..
    i beleive decals is the word youre looking for
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Aha, thanks for that last bit. It looks like I wasn't checking if the player was dead or not when getting gibbing or ragdolling them, I'll upload a fix for that tomorrow, as well as start some work on better blood effects, I don't want to rip anything from Dismemberment Mod though.

Also, I'm almost positive that clients can't control server cvars. If anyone can confirm this lemme know, but I'll probably do my own tests tomorrow anyway. In the case that clients can--does anyone know how to make server-only convars?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,530 Posts
    Requesting a video!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Update! New blood effect on dismemberment, players are no longer affected by GibMod if they're already dead, and you now have to use a more powerful weapon to gib a ragdoll from its chest. 357s and rockets will do, pistols and SMGs won't--makes it easier to dismember limbs without accidentally gibbing the ragdoll. You can no longer gib/dismember "metal" NPCs like city scanners, turrets, etc.., or mattress ragdolls. Also a couple of quick fixes that break the main hook.

Just to clarify: Clients can NOT change the server convars for GibMod. You're completely safe, anyone that's said anything about this before is just talking out of their ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2008
    121 Posts
    Update! New blood effect on dismemberment, players are no longer affected by GibMod if they're already dead, and you now have to use a more powerful weapon to gib a ragdoll from its chest. 357s and rockets will do, pistols and SMGs won't--makes it easier to dismember limbs without accidentally gibbing the ragdoll. You can no longer gib/dismember "metal" NPCs like city scanners, turrets, etc.., or mattress ragdolls. Also a couple of quick fixes that break the main hook.

Just to clarify: Clients can NOT change the server convars for GibMod. You're completely safe, anyone that's said anything about this before is just talking out of their ass.
    Great, but the only downside is when you kill a NPC, the force from the bullet\prop doesnt effect the ragdoll, it just spawns where the npc was killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Not completely sure how to do that. It works on players, just not NPCs. :(
    Video added to the OP, courtesy of Illokin. Thanks!!

17. Post #17
    October 2008
    6 Posts
    No problem. :D

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts
    I hoped for a gib mod just like from ralle, his version doesn't have effects :(

19. Post #19
    August 2008
    86 Posts
    it would be more fun if you shoot with the rpg in front off a npc/player feet he flies in the air without legs.

20. Post #20
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    This mod doesn't let me disable gibbing, which is really annoying cause gibbing is stupid. Everything else is good though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    This mod doesn't let me disable gibbing, which is really annoying cause gibbing is stupid. Everything else is good though.
    Perhaps the command in the original post, gibmod_enablegibbing 0, could do the trick?

22. Post #22
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    Perhaps the command in the original post, gibmod_enablegibbing 0, could do the trick?
    Perhaps it does nothing for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    It should, it works for me. Perhaps you can explain what you're expecting it to do?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2009
    126 Posts
    That video just convinced me not to download gibmod.
    The reasons why

1. Fail Gibbing
    2. Body's just dissapear and turn into 3 pieces of raw steak.
    3. The limbs don't actually fall off

In all this mod needs work. Take a look at other peoples previous mods, integrate them, (with or without permission) release and you can win mad lulz and many internets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    Alright, go code something better and come back when you're done. Good luck.
    Obviously I don't want to just steal peoples' code like you're suggesting. And either way, I'm happy with how things look, and if you aren't you can jump off a cliff and get raped by old men. This is just something I made for my personal enjoyment that I just happened to feel like posting. Most people like it, however, you're just the odd ball. Even so, your criticism isn't even constructive, but I thank you anyway for your precious time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    November 2007
    28 Posts
    I agree with Kenmore, this is not worth downloading
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 15Disagree Disagree x 9Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #27
    July 2007
    46 Posts
    Personally, I find the mod fantastic. I love how the people gib the first time you shoot them, unlike Ralle's mod where you have to shoot the npc's after there already dead to gib them.

The only two things that I could see happening in a new version (If you decide to keep updating it) are:

-Better effects for the bright red blood spray. Your effects are already much better than the other gore mods, but the bright neon-ish red look doesn't suite the mod well. That is just my personal taste though, just making it a tiny bit darker would help it.

-The gibbing should have a higher tolerance before the whole entire ragdoll gibs. So, basically, only subsequent force too the chest should result in the entire ragdoll turning into mush.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    It should, it works for me. Perhaps you can explain what you're expecting it to do?
    I expect it to stop the 3 chunks of metallic meat from appearing.

EDIT: Suggestions:

1. Darken the blood spray. Try to steal the blood spray from L4D, that one kicks ass.
    2. Make it so you can remove peoples limbs and they don't disappear, they become a separate object, like in Ralle's mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    If I wanted something like Ralle's mod, I would just use Ralle's mod.
    What you see is what you get, I'm afraid, though thanks for the suggestions.

30. Post #30
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    -snip cause I suck dick-

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    -friendly snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    Better blood effects.. Then you'd have my download

Edited:

and ralle's mod is much much better.
    Hey.
    You.
    Yeah, you.
    Guess what?
    If you don't like it, why come in here and say "So and so is better"?

Get out
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    4,648 Posts
    My mod doesn't have multiplayer support. I approve of this, good job:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    Then go use Ralle's mod and get out of this thread. :)
    No no, don't get me wrong. I love this mod.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    2,334 Posts
    My mod doesn't have multiplayer support. I approve of this, good job:)
    Hey, thanks! :D

36. Post #36
    July 2009
    188 Posts
    Looks Good. But im on my Laptop (direct x 7 :)) so i dont see Blood or Fire or somethin. But .. looks good ^^

37. Post #37
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I tried this and the gibbing is kind of crappy, maybe make it so it doesn't gib so easily and the blood and gibs are more realistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2008
    82 Posts
    I think this is a great mod and has even greater potential, after some more tweaking, I think that this will definitely surpass the origional dismembarment mod.

So far, I think that the only other things to do is have entities quickly spirting out of the dismembered body part, which, in turn, creates a blood mark wherever it touches, bring up the damage to gib, and, as a major innovation, create an approriate gib for dismembered part(s), which can also be destroyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    October 2008
    811 Posts
    I think this is a great mod and has even greater potential, after some more tweaking, I think that this will definitely surpass the origional dismembarment mod.

So far, I think that the only other things to do is have entities quickly spirting out of the dismembered body part, which, in turn, creates a blood mark wherever it touches, bring up the damage to gib, and, as a major innovation, create an approriate gib for dismembered part(s), which can also be destroyed.
    and and make it so the bullet has effect on the ragdoll after the gib. Otherwise. Great mod. I still enjoy it

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts
    A question: This mod, do parts of the body fall and can I grab them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)