1. Post #1521
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Keep the G3 with you. It's always better to take out a potential hostile at long range than it is to wait for them to get too close to you. A M11 and 1911 seems like a bad pair, as both are close range weapons and not exactly precision weapons. I would think accuracy would be a must on your list if you have limited ammo, you don't want to go spray and pray.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #1522
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    That's true. Maybe I'll take the advice that's on the G3 box and "lay an ambush and fire"

3. Post #1523
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    I'd like a pic of that if it isn't too much of a hassle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events

4. Post #1524
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    I've always wanted to participate in a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. OP. :razz:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1525
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,866 Posts
    I think we all have.

6. Post #1526
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Take a video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

7. Post #1527
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    OK.

I can do that (I doubt it will be as interesting like other people's helmet cams, but I'll try to get something)

8. Post #1528
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Sometimes holding the camera by hand gets better footage. You can pan around easier and had it off to your friends. But at the same time, it uses up a hand, making it harder to aim. At least you'll be using a higher resolution camera than a helmet cam.

9. Post #1529
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Well I got a lot of time on my hands and an ak74u, are there any interesting mods i can do to it? Like the bolt catch mod. (which doesn't work on the ak74u, because the bolt is too long but whatever)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

10. Post #1530
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Well I got a lot of time on my hands and an ak74u, are there any interesting mods i can do to it? Like the bolt catch mod. (which doesn't work on the ak74u, because the bolt is too long but whatever)
    You can do a VFC bolt mod to make it go back a bit further. PM if you want more info.

11. Post #1531
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I am thinking of a revolutionary Gun design that worked based on the revolver gas system but has more bb's and is different shaped, I will draw up a model if I can find a free modeling software, until then I will prob be drawing a few sketches.

Or the gas can be contained on the gun and then more ammo can be held, then I would have to form some sort of gas delivery or something.

12. Post #1532
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    I am thinking of a revolutionary Gun design that worked based on the revolver gas system but has more bb's and is different shaped, I will draw up a model if I can find a free modeling software, until then I will prob be drawing a few sketches.

Or the gas can be contained on the gun and then more ammo can be held, then I would have to form some sort of gas delivery or something.
    So like a big revolving gas rifle? Sounds kickass man. I would love to see this done.

13. Post #1533
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts

This is a quick mock-up idea, the grey area is either a gas storage or a spring and rod to push the bb's into the gun, the spring would work 100 times better I think.
    The empty area with an opening is where bb's would go.
    Edited:

So like a big revolving gas rifle? Sounds kickass man. I would love to see this done.
    Actualy it would have no revolver idea. Other than the basic shell idea.

14. Post #1534
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Looks like three lines cap'n.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #1535
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    use that imagination.

Edited:

Anyone know a good free modeling program?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #1536
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    G&G'S M14 EBR IS HERE!

...and it's $500...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1537
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,421 Posts
    Meh, EBR's aren't that cool anyway. The old school M14's are nicer I find.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #1538
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I like the erb, as long as it isn't called a m14, the design is nice though.

Edited:

Second part I agree with.
    The design of the EBR is cool.

19. Post #1539
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,866 Posts
    And there is no info on it.

20. Post #1540
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,820 Posts
    Brand new additions on ASGI don't have info till a while later expect it next week since they are closed and it's a Friday.

21. Post #1541
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts

THIS IS JUST A QUICK MODEL OF THE AMMO FEEDING IDEA!

A. This is the box behind the loader where the gas is delivered from the gun's tank to the bb's.
    B. the loading area, ammo is loaded in back of the shell to you and then pushed into the gun.
    It can be opened again with the press of a release button to the side of it.
    Yes i know it is a giant rectangular prism, I have no design for the weapon so nothing can be done with it yet.

22. Post #1542
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    I like the erb, as long as it isn't called a m14, the design is nice though.
    Oh I prefer wood M14s to EBRs, but it's still pretty cool.

And there is no info on it.
    Yeah, as above, it won't have any info or reviews for a while. But it had a video a while ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AIRSOFTG...11/SmICZPG4Bk8

It's all about externals though. You shouldn't buy new guns anyway, unless you're willing to rely on the sole fact that it's a G&G. Wait to see user reviews, which also will probably not be for a while.

23. Post #1543
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    If everyone waits for a review, none will come.

24. Post #1544
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    If everyone waits for a review, none will come.
    Got $500 sitting around? Go ahead, be my guest.

25. Post #1545
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Anyone know a good free modeling program?
    Well you could try what I use, Rhinoceros 4.0. Their Trial version is the full program, but it only lets you save 25 times. After the 25 saves you can still use the program, you just can't save your work. Think of it like google sketch-up but 100 times more powerful if you sit down and learn it. The software comes with a built in tutorial guide, same guide I went through in class to learn it. The advantage with this program is that if you design your parts correctly, you can save it as a .STL file and send it off to a 3D printer or a machine shop to be CNC cut.

http://download.rhino3d.com/rhino/4....tion/download/

It's a good middle of the road CAD program. The student version is priced relatively cheap compared to higher end CAD programs such as SolidWorks (Which can cost a few thousand just for a year license). Rhinoceros doesn't require you to renew each year either and the updates are free. It also features rendering, which is a whole other beast itself to work with to get good looking results.

Speaking of using CAD, I got inspired to make a holster for my M6C after struggling with it in last weekends CQB Game. The idea is to make a 1 piece plastic holster, similar to a Sepra, but without the locking system (too lazy to design that). I'll be making loops to run a velcro retention strap through it, making it fairly easy to undo when I need to grab the pistol. As for mounting it, I'm looking into making it compatible with Serpa mounting systems. If this looks like it may be a pain or just not cost effective for me, I'll make some sort of MOLLE adapter for it.

26. Post #1546
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    555 Posts
    I haven't made models in like 4 years but back in the day I used Milk (And a hacked copy of 3ds max, but milk was free)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

27. Post #1547
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,187 Posts
    Well you could try what I use, Rhinoceros 4.0. Their Trial version is the full program, but it only lets you save 25 times. After the 25 saves you can still use the program, you just can't save your work. Think of it like google sketch-up but 100 times more powerful if you sit down and learn it. The software comes with a built in tutorial guide, same guide I went through in class to learn it. The advantage with this program is that if you design your parts correctly, you can save it as a .STL file and send it off to a 3D printer or a machine shop to be CNC cut.

http://download.rhino3d.com/rhino/4....tion/download/

It's a good middle of the road CAD program. The student version is priced relatively cheap compared to higher end CAD programs such as SolidWorks (Which can cost a few thousand just for a year license). Rhinoceros doesn't require you to renew each year either and the updates are free. It also features rendering, which is a whole other beast itself to work with to get good looking results.
    Nerbs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #1548
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,019 Posts
    Anyone have experience with Soviet-Power?
    http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=1488

I want to buy a Ushanka but I want to know if they're legit before I go about spending 20 bucks on shipping for a hat that possibly won't even fit me.

29. Post #1549
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,327 Posts
    Well, Google brings up this thread on some other forums warning about them:
    http://www.red-alliance.net/forum/in...p?topic=3885.0

It seems you often receive something different than what you've ordered. I'm sure there are other sites that are much more reliable to buy a Ushanka from though?

Edited:

Like one poster was sent a different type of camo than what he ordered because the size he ordered was not available in the colors he ordered or something. They emailed him with
    "Hello,
    Your size was available only for this suit, the difference is very small. Do You accept my offer on free beret or panama hat to your next order?
    Waiting for your e-mail,
    Best Regards!"

Seems very sketchy. They send you things that you did not order rather than updating their site to state that a certain size is out of stock. I wouldn't trust that.

Edited:

Yeah, definitely don't buy from them. (I guess it is just run by one guy or something?)

30. Post #1550
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,019 Posts
    This is a pain in the ass. Any place I find that sell these things want 20 bucks for shipping from Russia or some shit, and then they want 20-30 bucks for the hat. I'm not spending forty or fifty dollars on a hat that was originally only $6.

FFFff

31. Post #1551
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Anyone have experience with Soviet-Power?
    http://www.soviet-power.com/detail.php?pid=1488

I want to buy a Ushanka but I want to know if they're legit before I go about spending 20 bucks on shipping for a hat that possibly won't even fit me.
    Got mine from this place:
    http://www.ushankahat.com/ZenCart/index.php

32. Post #1552
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    Tacticool M14s are as bad as tacticool AKs in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1553
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Tacticool M14s are as bad as tacticool AKs in my opinion.
    I only like wood colored M14s, so I have to agree.

34. Post #1554
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    555 Posts
    I would take an ebr over an ak any day
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #1555
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,278 Posts
    On the topic of EBR's:

Edit: also, i'm in a bind. I'm looking for another back up weapon. I found a Echo 1 E90, and a JG AKS74U. Both are metal, and both are $100. I can't really decide which i like better. I'm leaning toward the AK though.

36. Post #1556
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I like the EBR style, just not the fact it is a tacicool m14.
    I think they should have named it a totaly different name.

37. Post #1557
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    555 Posts
    well its also called the Mk14
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

38. Post #1558
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,278 Posts
    well its also called the Mk14
    Lol, same thing. But EBR, or M14 mod 0.

39. Post #1559
    May 2008
    878 Posts
    On the topic of EBR's:

*Pics*

Edit: also, i'm in a bind. I'm looking for another back up weapon. I found a Echo 1 E90, and a JG AKS74U. Both are metal, and both are $100. I can't really decide which i like better. I'm leaning toward the AK though.
    I'm going to drive to your house and steal that gun from you.

40. Post #1560
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,278 Posts
    I'm going to drive to your house and steal that gun from you.
    Lol no.