1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts

Me being an ArmA fan, hate to say it but... I'm sold.

2. Post #2

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,384 Posts
    I'll probably buy it, but it'll never be as realistic as Arma 2.

I hope it runs better than Arma 2 though.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts
    Definitely not, but it does look more intense and fluid than ArmA 2.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,384 Posts
    Definitely not, but it does look more intense and fluid than ArmA 2.
    This I agree with, it seems less clunky almost, and I'm not talking about Arma 2's headbob.

6. Post #6
    If the controls are better than ArmA II's, I'll pick this up.
    I was seriously considering getting ArmA II, then I played the demo. The controls suck. Way too clunky.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,384 Posts
    If the controls are better than ArmA II's, I'll pick this up.
    I was seriously considering getting ArmA II, then I played the demo. The controls suck. Way too clunky.
    The controls are pretty clunky and the game seems very unoptimized even though I was told it runs better than ArmA: Armed Assault, it doesn't.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,045 Posts
    Me being an ArmA fan, hate to say it but... I'm sold.
    There is nothing wrong with liking a game if you're a fan of another... I like playing console games even though I'm a PC fan.

9. Post #9
    July 2009
    88 Posts

I hope it runs better than Arma 2 though.
    It's the same freakin' game. ArmA 1 and 2 were made by the people who made OP:Flashpoint (it was published by Codemasters) How can this be much different?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts
    It's the same freakin' game. ArmA 1 and 2 were made by the people who made OP:Flashpoint (it was published by Codemasters) How can this be much different?
    Because OFP, ArmA and ArmA 2 were developed by Bohemia Interactive, and OFP 2 is being developed by Codemasters.
    You can even tell from the trailers that both ArmA 2 and OFP 2 play out a lot differently from eachother.

11. Post #11
    October 2008
    428 Posts
    This better not turn out to be another Far Cry 2.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,549 Posts
    The controls are pretty clunky and the game seems very unoptimized even though I was told it runs better than ArmA: Armed Assault, it doesn't.
    No, it does. Well, on first release, it ran better than ARMA first release. It doesn't run better than an ARMA: Combat ops patched to 1.14 or higher though. Also, yeah, the controls can be clunky. You really need to get used to it. Anyway, I'm not getting this game. As soon as I saw the clip of "As you can see I've been shot in the head but it's nothing serious," I lost all faith.

Edited:

No, BIS (Bohemia Interactive Studios, same people who made VBS 2) made ARMA and ARMA 2. The spirit of OFP went with them. As in, this does not look anything like OFP (and I don't mean graphically.) That doesn't mean that it'll be a bad game, but it just...isn't the same. The ARMA games would appear to be the closest predecessors to OFP so far- I'll be very happy if I'm proved wrong and OFP 2 is a great game despite the head shot thingy. Looking at the trailer, it reminds me of COD 4. I don't know why, it feels different, but it just...does. Maybe just the scenario.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    277 Posts
    I'm definitely buying this game, I am a fan of OFP.

and on the developer issue, Bohemia did OFP, ArmA 1 and 2, and Codemasters published it.
    OFP2 is developed and published by Codemasters.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,041 Posts
    I'd like to say inb4 whining about developers but alas, I was too slow.

I'll probably get this since it looks like it won't be as over the top as OFP/Arma.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    468 Posts
    I wish they'd just called it Dragon Rising, they just abusing the OFP name :(

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,412 Posts
    I wish they'd just called it Dragon Rising, they just abusing the OFP name :(
    I wouldn't call it abuse, more like a change.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    5,085 Posts
    I'll buy this if Codemasters manages to have the same level of community support as companies like Paradox and they embrace user-made mods.

Weapons trailer is out on Gametrailers. Muzzle flashes are still done Hollywood-style.

18. Post #18
    September 2005
    151 Posts
    I've got a feeling they're trying to compete with modern warfare 2

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    468 Posts
    I've got a feeling they're trying to compete with modern warfare 2
    Yeah, it looks like a larger scale battlefield.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    956 Posts
    Codemasters really likes to implement their yellow/gray colored HUD scheme. Just look at the weapons trailer above, and check out Race Driver: GRID.

21. Post #21
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,721 Posts
    Hopefully it's not too realistic as Arma 2. Also I want to be able to actually run it while looking decent.

22. Post #22
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,083 Posts
    I didn't want it after I saw the gameplay where the guy got shot in the head and all he had to do was apply a field dressing.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,971 Posts
    This will be a competitor of CoD:MW2 more than one of ArmA2. And it doesn't look that good, although I'll wait for a demo before judging.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    5,353 Posts
    Meh, doesn't look that good. ArmA 2 seems to be better, even if most of the dialogue is along the lines of: OH no THREE IS down.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,798 Posts
    This will be a competitor of CoD:MW2 more than one of ArmA2. And it doesn't look that good, although I'll wait for a demo before judging.
    I think it looks perfect for those casual 4 player co op sessions.

26. Post #26
    March 2009
    41 Posts
    There is actually gameplay of this mission on youtube.

27. Post #27
    November 2007
    1,688 Posts
    Who the hell is rating everyone late?

Edited:

Also, i bet this will be more singleplayer wise than arma 2.

Edited:

And this guy that's rating everyone late, mus really have no life if he has nothing better to do than to go around facepunch rating everyone late.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,971 Posts
    Who the hell is rating everyone late?

Edited:

Also, i bet this will be more singleplayer wise than arma 2.

Edited:

And this guy that's rating everyone late, mus really have no life if he has nothing better to do than to go around facepunch rating everyone late.
    True, but by saying that you gave him the atttention he wanted. Just ignore him.

Also, am I the only one that finds the music in the ArmA2 autorun very similar to the title theme of Donkey Kong Country 2? It's not the same I know that, but as soon as I heard it I was reminded of DKC2.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    746 Posts
    There is actually gameplay of this mission on youtube.

Can't watch it because of copyright? What the fuck youtube stop blocking every goddamn video I want to watch because of fucking COPYRIGHT.

Seriously copyright on a gameplay demo.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,134 Posts
    No thank you.
    Seriously, it looks too run and gun.
    Fuck you Codemasters.

31. Post #31
    March 2009
    41 Posts
    Can't watch it because of copyright? What the fuck youtube stop blocking every goddamn video I want to watch because of fucking COPYRIGHT.

Seriously copyright on a gameplay demo.
    Sorry mate.

32. Post #32
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,721 Posts
    No thank you.
    Seriously, it looks too run and gun.
    Fuck you Codemasters.
    Looks like tactics to me. Not really obvious but enough to be fun.

33. Post #33
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    1337, it's realistic, not like arma 2 realistic but like red orchestra realistic, trust me it's not run and gun, the arcade mode will be but the regular won't.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,134 Posts
    I suppose CM had the same choice Bethesda did with fallout.
    Cater to the fans, piss off mainstream, or cater to mainstream and piss off fans.
    The best way to avoid this would be just to call it Dragon Rising as opposed to OFP2

Edited:

1337, it's realistic, not like arma 2 realistic but like red orchestra realistic, trust me it's not run and gun, the arcade mode will be but the regular won't.
    Have you played it?
    I mean I haven't but the E3 gameplay was also arcadey as shit.
    I hate to use this quote again, but as one site said:
    "Codemasters may have the OFP name, but Bohemia has the soul."
    Bolded is the exact issue.
    It's not Red Orchestra, it's a sequel to OFP. Keep it as realistic as OFP or drop the name.

35. Post #35
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts

You're probably right, it won't be nearly as realistic as the old OFP so we might as well call it that.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,134 Posts

You're probably right, it won't be nearly as realistic as the old OFP so we might as well call it that.
    Which is my gripe. I wouldn't be pissed if they had dropped the name, since it hardly resembles OFP.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,451 Posts
    I think the E3 footage was on one of the easier modes. Supposedly the hardest modes will have a clear hud unlike what was shown/still being shown.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,798 Posts
    Which is my gripe. I wouldn't be pissed if they had dropped the name, since it hardly resembles OFP.
    So what? It helps them make money. They're the publishers, there no real good reason NOT to use the name.

Plus, you know it's not made by the same people anyway, what's the big deal?

Edited:

Also, newsflash, you can like both arcadey and realistic kind of games. Is it impossible to enjoy both games? It's not like buying one of the games prohibits you from buying the other one.

39. Post #39
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,592 Posts
    It reminds me more of the battlefield series more than the flashpoint series. It still looks good though none the less.

40. Post #40
    November 2007
    1,688 Posts
    Want realism?
    Go play Arma 2
    Want Fun?
    Go play OFP 2