1. Post #41
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,219 Posts
    The horror? It works ok, but here are my bugs.

1. Must be close for it to chase you. Doesn't chase you from far away.
    2. Sometimes freezes in place, moves again if shot.
    3. Doesn't harm other npcs? Combines/Rebels are never killed or hurt by it.

Those are my bugs, but nothing that worries me really.

Oh yeah, the bloodsucker has the animations of the fast infected too. Don't know if you noticed that or not.

2. Post #42
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    Can someone post pics of the horror? Tell me what you think, or... what I could do to improve it...
    to improve the horror you need to make it more scary, add effects like electricity or something when it teleports and change the tele sound.

Also I was wondering if you could make it so every once and a while, when the horror hits you you just explode into gibs like when the parasite poisens you but instantly, to give the effect of looking as though the horror totally fucked someone up. Just imagine if you will walking down gm construct when you hear a scream of the horror, you see electricity spark in the little building in the corner of your eye and all of a sudden you see blood and guts fly out of the doorway. Also the tele sound should sound like a spark or thunder or a surge.

3. Post #43
    June 2008
    107 Posts
    nvm

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,437 Posts
    Read a bit and you will find your answer

WHAT THE FUCK! The horror, just made me shit my pants in 5 different ways. I mean what the fuck was that, what game? I..I...I don't even know if I can sleep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,219 Posts
    I have the perfect idea for the horror, even though it might not be possible to do.
    Has any of you played Bioshock up to the Arcadia part? Have you seen those splicers that burst into blood and appear somewhere else? How cool would that be for the horror? Just brainstorming, pay no attention to me, a he he he.

6. Post #46
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    Can you please give me another upload?Cuz for some reason like i said before it dosnt wanna work.AND I NEED SNPCS.

7. Post #47
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    I have the perfect idea for the horror, even though it might not be possible to do.
    Has any of you played Bioshock up to the Arcadia part? Have you seen those splicers that burst into blood and appear somewhere else? How cool would that be for the horror? Just brainstorming, pay no attention to me, a he he he.
    HELLS YEAH!, now that is some true badassery.

8. Post #48
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    That was something I thought of when i played fear 2,an snpc like alma wh randomly appears for a split second then dissapears,maybe you could make another horror based snpc about that like maybe call it terror or somehting.

9. Post #49
    July 2009
    638 Posts
    the file cant be detected...?
    awww
    anyway why dont you try making a alien queen, i think you could be able to make it knowing by your works of art

10. Post #50
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    ^ Because there aren't any xenomorph queen models out there.

Read a bit and you will find your answer

WHAT THE FUCK! The horror, just made me shit my pants in 5 different ways. I mean what the fuck was that, what game? I..I...I don't even know if I can sleep
    The model and sounds for the Horror SNPC are from Zombie Master v1.2.1. The textures are a reskin on FPSBanana. I know, because I have it.

11. Post #51
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    [quote]Marine123:The model and sounds are from Zombie Master v1.2.1.[quote/]

(1/2)WRONG!!Check the credits on the skin(link: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/54177 ) .The sounds came from SMOD:OUTBREAK and from what I remeber the skin wasnt invisible but it looks like the model is an invisible version of that skin.Anways,SOMEONE GIVE ME ANOTHER REUPLOAD NOW.Please?

Edit:YAY THE DOWNLOAD WORKED AND IT FINISHED!

12. Post #52
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    Xystus do you mind If I reupload to gmod.org, also I fixed the skeleton warriors textures completely, I also added two more versions of it, Bloody and necro. I also made it randomize through the skins like the zombies and I added a crazy laugh sound to the skeleton like in eq2. The laugh has two variants.

13. Post #53
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    Nearly unreadable shit.
    I think I know Zombie Master's Banshee sounds when I hear them. Either Zombie Master is using SMod: Outbreak's sounds, or vice versa. Zombie Master was made befor Outbreak though, so I think Zombie Master has the sounds.

14. Post #54
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I think the NPC's are kinda dumb. They don't notice an enemy right by them even if their comrades are shooting them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #55
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    I think the NPC's are kinda dumb. They don't notice an enemy right by them even if their comrades are shooting them.
    I think your kinda dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I think your kinda dumb.
    Just because I failed geometry. Seriously, you don't think they are kinda of dumb sometimes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #57
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    Just because I failed geometry. Seriously, you don't think they are kinda of dumb sometimes.
    Not really, The Horror could use some work though, Mainly more effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    It think it is just one or two of the AI that act dumb.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #59
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,485 Posts
    Dr. Pepper is right, alot of them aren't really aware of their surroundings.

Then again, I'm guessing it would be a bitch to code.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,459 Posts
    [Quote/]Marine123:The model and sounds are from Zombie Master v1.2.1.[Quote/]

(1/2)WRONG!!Check the credits on the skin.The sounds came from SMOD:OUTBREAK and from what I remeber the skin wasnt invisible but it looks like the model is an invisible version of that skin.Anways,SOMEONE GIVE ME ANOTHER REUPLOAD NOW.Please?

P.S. I SUCK I CANT QUOTE!

Edit:YAY THE DOWNLOAD WORKED!I hope it finishes this time.
    Almost everything that's part of SMOD:Outbreak was taken from some other game/mod/et cetera.

21. Post #61
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Is it a big deal if the sounds come from some other game?

What does the horror do anyway?

:ghost:

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,286 Posts
    Dr. Pepper is right, alot of them aren't really aware of their surroundings.

Then again, I'm guessing it would be a bitch to code.
    Yeah, trust me, it is.

EDIT: They don't have any way for SNPC's to "hear" sounds, so that makes it all the more difficult.

23. Post #63
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    What's the difference between NPC and SNPC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,944 Posts
    Scripted Non Playable Character

25. Post #65
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    Its actually scripted non playER character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,243 Posts
    Fuck, horror scares shit out of me. I spawned them all over in RP_Silenthill. Shit... By the way, why Infected Zombies and Fast infected zombies eye textures is broken?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,357 Posts
    I think they are meant to be like that. They aren't broken he simply gave them an eye texture that made it look like it's glowing.

28. Post #68

February 2009
    16 Posts
    Why reported?
    If there isnt any reason, could you please re-upload it? :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,286 Posts
    I think they are meant to be like that. They aren't broken he simply gave them an eye texture that made it look like it's glowing.
    No, I wanted you to think that. I'm going to reupload now, by the way. I forgot that uploading a pack with the same name breaks it.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,459 Posts
    The horror? It works ok, but here are my bugs.

1. Must be close for it to chase you. Doesn't chase you from far away.
    2. Sometimes freezes in place, moves again if shot.
    3. Doesn't harm other npcs? Combines/Rebels are never killed or hurt by it.

Those are my bugs, but nothing that worries me really.

Oh yeah, the bloodsucker has the animations of the fast infected too. Don't know if you noticed that or not.
    No, they can get killed by it.

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    Gonna download when I'm on my comp with gmod, also, you can make them more aware, Silverlan implemented a method to give them awareness comparable to that of a vanilla npc.

Also, I had some ideas for the horror, when it's near unfrozen props it could make them all spazzy like a poltergeist, If it attacks you it fucks up your screen with blood splatters and hallucinatory images, it will also project sounds, like you'll hear random voices saying creepy shit, some zombie sounds with fucked up pitch, foot steps, and will also cause random transparent enemies (like fast infected) rush at you from the corner of your eye then disappear.

32. Post #72
    April 2009
    2,826 Posts
    The horror is amazing, you might as well do the halo snpcs. You've come this far, so why stop now?

33. Post #73
    April 2008
    793 Posts
    I think I know Zombie Master's Banshee sounds when I hear them. Either Zombie Master is using SMod: Outbreak's sounds, or vice versa. Zombie Master was made befor Outbreak though, so I think Zombie Master has the sounds.
    But heres where you're wrong Kill kill was actually right. The horror uses the ZM banshee model while using a reskin and sounds done by someone else if I remeber it, it was called scarrier banshees or something like that. Give me a sec I'll find it

Edited:

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=7893.0

34. Post #74
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Why reported?
    If there isnt any reason, could you please re-upload it? :p
    Hey guys I uploaded a temp link (sorry for not asking Xystus) to MediaFire:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/yizij0...dans_snpcs.zip
    I'm not taking any credit, I'll take it down when a new one is up.
    :silent:

35. Post #75
    June 2008
    415 Posts
    Does this version fix the M16 and AK47 spawning in the NPC's crotches?

EDIT: i tried it out and it wasn't fixed. the guns still spawn in their crotch. Any way to fix this?

36. Post #76
    July 2007
    256 Posts
    Xystus are you going to work on the halo npc's? I freaking love the new animations they rock. and the skeleton warrior is great.

37. Post #77
    January 2009
    40 Posts
    I'm just going to

drink you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

38. Post #78
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I'm just going to

drink you
    :buddy:

39. Post #79
    August 2008
    169 Posts
    there's nothing new in it Expect ONE npc the Horror
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,034 Posts
    there's nothing new in it Expect ONE npc the Horror
    are you seriously dissing it because of that? Wow, you're a douchebag, we were lucky to get this at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)