1. Post #1
    October 2008
    279 Posts
    Please read this, i have searched and i can't find any tutorial for modeling for garrysmod, before i get my ass flamed off please just help, i really want to get into this.

2. Post #2
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,726 Posts
    Port..... what?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Port..... what?
    Port models from other games?

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread....ight=mariokart

Mariokart's guide might help.

4. Post #4
    Modelrator
    February 2005
    4,157 Posts
    Modeling for gmod is just modeling game art for any other game. There's no gmod-specific things. I suggest you get a free program like Blender 3D, XSI Mod Tool or Maya PLE and start searching for tutorials. Just program name + tutorials in google should bring you enough.

5. Post #5
    October 2008
    279 Posts
    Thank you all very much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    762 Posts
    Say one was porting from Jedi Academy 2 (the samurai models) to Gmod. How?

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    34 Posts
    In that case, you would start by searching for a way to extract the models from the game. THEN you would find out how you make them useable in the source engine :)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,052 Posts
    Say one was porting from Jedi Academy 2 (the samurai models) to Gmod. How?
    Open up the packs in zip, extract your GLM models (golem meshes) convert them to SMD's, whatever else. (recommend noesis for this) and then start rigging your model. As GLM files convert without any skin information as far as I know.

But the models are pretty low poly so should be quite straighforward.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    762 Posts
    Open up the packs in zip, extract your GLM models (golem meshes) convert them to SMD's, whatever else. (recommend noesis for this) and then start rigging your model. As GLM files convert without any skin information as far as I know.

But the models are pretty low poly so should be quite straighforward.
    Thanks!

Edited:

What program do I use to convert GLM to SMD?

10. Post #10
    May 2010
    97 Posts
    What program do I use to convert GLM to SMD?
    I would suggest Milkshape, I just checked and it can import GLM and then you can simply export them to SMDs.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    762 Posts
    I would suggest Milkshape, I just checked and it can import GLM and then you can simply export them to SMDs.
    You win a cyber cookie. Thank you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

September 2011
    18 Posts
    I have models that are in MTL and OBJ that i want to port into Gmod. Would I do the same things listed above? Would I just convert them to SMD? The models I have are from Sonic Colors. The file types are MTL and OBJ.

13. Post #13
    March 2012
    33 Posts
    i want to port models from mass effect, mass effect 2 and amnesia but how can i

Edited:

also do i need any programs or anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)