1. Post #41
    It.
    January 2009
    719 Posts
    A good comparison to Hamachi/Tunngle is BitTorrent. Sure there are some legitimate uses for them, but the majority of people seems to be using them to steal stuff.
    So people play shit like...pirated games with this?

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,799 Posts
    Strange, it can't find you either, steam must be broken.
    Ok I entered it into Add Friends and it worked.

Edited:

So people play shit like...pirated games with this?
    Over LAN

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    5,075 Posts
    I use Hamachi a lot for WC3 games between friends. Less hassle of signing in, joining a game, waiting for people to load, etc.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,734 Posts
    Looks nice, but I'll wait for the english version to come out.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,397 Posts
    I use Hamachi a lot for WC3 games between friends. Less hassle of signing in, joining a game, waiting for people to load, etc.
    You have to downgrade your hamachi version if you want to play warcraft 3 with it.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    You have to downgrade your hamachi version if you want to play warcraft 3 with it.
    I've never had to, and I do the same thing.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    4,536 Posts
    Best feature = Class C emulation.

8. Post #48

May 2006
    9,049 Posts
    For me, Hamachi is simply:

1. Install
    2. Create Network
    3. Invite Friend
    4. Play

Tunngle is uh, :

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts

1. Install
    2. Create Network
    3. Invite Friend
    4. Play

Tunngle is uh, :

Did you get that during install? If you did read the op more carefully.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,806 Posts
    How was my post bad reading!?

Could someone people tell me where in this thread it says when this is coming out in english

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts
    How was my post bad reading!?

Could someone people tell me where in this thread it says when this is coming out in english
    The devs are saying it's practically done, they will be releasing it very soon, I don't know what "soon" is to them though.

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,806 Posts
    Thank you :)

13. Post #53
    February 2008
    32 Posts
    for the first time i say i love germans but i wait for the english version this ganna be alot better then hamachi we need a global facepunch server on it

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,615 Posts
    OHJESUS TITTY FURK!

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    269 Posts
    OHJESUS TITTY FURK!

HUGE DESKTOP IMGAGE
    I get that when I install my webcam, but there's no problems.

But... I'm not saying that it will work. Heh.

16. Post #56
    February 2008
    32 Posts
    OHJESUS TITTY FURK!

8bit just say jes and restart computer it works but u need to forward your ports

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    I'd love to do some Doom 3 coop and see if this actually works. :D

18. Post #58

May 2006
    9,049 Posts

Google Translate:
    Tunngle posted:
    Note: Possible Connection Problems
    The router / NAT is bad behavior, which could lead to P2P connection problem.

It should release a port to be established.

Should help with this issue be opened?
    Never had this problem with Hamachi, right now Tunngle seems like an over-complicated, useless program compared to Hamachi.

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,044 Posts
    To be honest, it looks more complex

20. Post #60

May 2006
    9,049 Posts
    Hah, now it can't even login.

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,734 Posts
    It seems to be stuck at "Installiere neun Adapter". Does this just take fucking forever or is it broken?

Screw this, I'll just use hamachi.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts
    Never had this problem with Hamachi, right now Tunngle seems like an over-complicated, useless program compared to Hamachi.
    Over-complicated just because it's not in English and you didn't read the OP properly which details the problem with some installations?

Go ahead and try getting games to work with Hamachi on 64 Bit Vista and Windows 7, with Tunngle you just install, create an account, join a channel and that's it, I can guarantee you will not get most games working with Hamachi on 64 Bit without some major messing around.

Hah, now it can't even login.
    They had server problems for a short while earlier, try again now if you haven't.

It seems to be stuck at "Installiere neun Adapter". Does this just take fucking forever or is it broken?

Screw this, I'll just use hamachi.
    Try installing the older version first and then install the later one, also wait at least 2 minutes while it is doing that, it might just be taking longer for you. What's with the lack of patience in this thread.

To be honest, it looks more complex
    Try it and see for yourself, you just enter a games channel and that's it, the other options are for advanced users.

OHJESUS TITTY FURK!

That's a common message when trying to install unsigned drivers on a 64 Bit OS, just click "continue anyway".

The program is still in BETA, if you have a problem, browse their forum for a solution (as they do have answers to alot of the common problems), do not immediately crap yourself and run back to Hamachi, give it a chance. I made this thread to tell people about it, if you have technical problems, the Tunngle forum is where to go.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,404 Posts
    I'll wait when it goes English.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,572 Posts
    Here's a better idea - you've shown the alternative, let the end-user decide which they prefer. Stop trying to badger people into using this.

Besides, I have Hamachi installed on 64-Bit Vista, and it works fine. All I had to change to fix a weird bug (in Vista, not Hamachi) was rename my Main Network Adapter to start with an earlier letter than "H" - Vista was setting priority based on alphabetical order. :P

I can confirm that IPX does not work in Vista, again, Microsoft's doing - they removed IPX support entirely. So Tunngle does have that advantage, but that's all.

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts
    Here's a better idea - you've shown the alternative, let the end-user decide which they prefer. Stop trying to badger people into using this.

Besides, I have Hamachi installed on 64-Bit Vista, and it works fine. All I had to change to fix a weird bug (in Vista, not Hamachi) was rename my Main Network Adapter to start with an earlier letter than "H" - Vista was setting priority based on alphabetical order. :P

I can confirm that IPX does not work in Vista, again, Microsoft's doing - they removed IPX support entirely. So Tunngle does have that advantage, but that's all.
    I'm not badgering anybody, I don't take kindly to people who have a little problem then instantly disregard the program and go back to the one they originally used, the program is in beta so it's expected to have a problem here and there for some people, I consider ijyt partially trolling as his first post was the error that I explained in the OP, his second post allowed him to continue but he complained anyway without even trying it and his last post was just to moan even more, a quick browse on their forum would have shown that the login servers were down for a short period of time (probably due to a sudden increase in users).

I don't see how you are getting Hamachi working with alot of the games on 64 Bit Vista either, are you just playing one or two games that have been known to work on 64 Bit with Hamachi in the first place? Try a game like Supreme Commander and its expansion or Crysis, SupCom (FA) is certain to not work and i'm pretty sure Crysis doesn't either, neither does HAWX.

26. Post #66

May 2006
    9,049 Posts
    Over-complicated just because it's not in English and you didn't read the OP properly which details the problem with some installations?

Go ahead and try getting games to work with Hamachi on 64 Bit Vista and Windows 7, with Tunngle you just install, create an account, join a channel and that's it, I can guarantee you will not get most games working with Hamachi on 64 Bit without some major messing around.

Hamachi works fine in 64-bit for me. :|

I don't see how the program not working because it constantly complains about ports is mentioned in the OP.
    I use hamachi to circumvent the whole chore of forwarding god damn ports, so Tunngle is basically useless.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,615 Posts

They had server problems for a short while earlier, try again now if you haven't.

Try installing the older version first and then install the later one, also wait at least 2 minutes while it is doing that, it might just be taking longer for you. What's with the lack of patience in this thread.

Try it and see for yourself, you just enter a games channel and that's it, the other options are for advanced users.

That's a common message when trying to install unsigned drivers on a 64 Bit OS, just click "continue anyway".

The program is still in BETA, if you have a problem, browse their forum for a solution (as they do have answers to alot of the common problems), do not immediately crap yourself and run back to Hamachi, give it a chance. I made this thread to tell people about it, if you have technical problems, the Tunngle forum is where to go.
    My OS is 32 bit.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,177 Posts
    How does one add friends to a game lobby?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,806 Posts
    Does this allow XP users to host a server and have Vista users connect? Because with Hamachi my friend with Vista always had to host, which made everything more complicated.

30. Post #70
    June 2009
    2,350 Posts
    Man, I think I'd rather just wait for full english than decipher something which I got a D in at GCSE's.

(All I took from it was "I fucked your mother in the arse with a violin.")

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,557 Posts
    So all me and a friend would have to do is both join a lobby, both start up synergy, and one of us start a server, and we can automatically see our friends server?

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,188 Posts
    Does this allow XP users to host a server and have Vista users connect? Because with Hamachi my friend with Vista always had to host, which made everything more complicated.
    Anyone?

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    421 Posts
    Yes. I was hosting an Obsidian Conflict server with it and my friend with Vista was able to join just fine.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,188 Posts
    Cool thanks :keke:

Love: BlackRainbow

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,806 Posts
    Cool thanks :keke:

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,557 Posts
    Wow, this worked incredibly. Thank you so much for showing me this, OP!

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,237 Posts

1. Install
    2. Create Network
    3. Invite Friend
    4. Play

Tunngle is uh, :<image>
    Same problem, Got to agree with using hamachi.

Google Translate:

Same here, Port Forwarding? I thought that was the whole point of this, to bypass the port forwarding.

Final conclusion, Hamachi is better and I'll stick with that.

Windows 7 x64, Hamachi installed with no problems. Got my friend to join my network and played GMod, He's on Windows XP x64.

Tuungle is just a german, buggy version of hamachi with login and friends and browsers which aren't really essential.

Hamachi is just a simple VPN software.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    580 Posts
    I'm not going to maintain this thread anymore due to ignorant trolls like the post right above me, Hamachi does not work with 90% of games on 64 Bit Vista and Windows 7, the guys a OpenVPN and Tunngle will tell you this, even the creators of Hamachi will tell you this if you ask them directly, but you can keep up the wishful thinking, "I can play this game so every game must work! "

Please stop posting bullshit if you haven't tried it and gave it a chance.

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    500 Posts
    Why is all the bbcode in the first post broken? :s

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,734 Posts
    Please stop posting bullshit if you haven't tried it and gave it a chance.
    I gave it a chance but it refused to work.

My opinion:

Tunngle is a useless piece of shit.