1. Post #1

May 2008
    4 Posts
    I'm nearing the completion of a map, its 3280 by 3258 right now, though i am going to make it bigger.

The problem is that i can't test it, it wont compile and wont let me run the map to check for in-game problems.

Heres the compile log:

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\ vbsp.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\half-life 2\hl2" "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\garry's mod\my maps\Gm_sgtcrescent\runmap"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Dec 11 2006)
    1 threads
    materialPath: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\half-life 2\hl2\materials
    Loading C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\garry's mod\my maps\Gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.vmf
    Brush 13501: num_entities == MAX_MAP_ENTITIES
    Side 5
    Texture: WOOD/WOODSTAIR002C

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\ vvis.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\half-life 2\hl2" -fast "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\garry's mod\my maps\Gm_sgtcrescent\runmap"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Nov 8 2007)
    fastvis = true
    1 threads
    reading c:\documents and settings\*****\desktop\garry's mod\my maps\gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.bsp
    Error opening c:\documents and settings\*****\desktop\garry's mod\my maps\gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\ vrad.exe"
    ** Parameters: -game "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\half-life 2\hl2" -noextra "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\garry's mod\my maps\Gm_sgtcrescent\runmap"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Nov 8 2007)
    ----- Radiosity Simulator ----
    1 threads
    [Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
    [45 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\documents and settings\*****\desktop\garry's mod\my maps\gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.bsp
    Error opening c:\documents and settings\*****\desktop\garry's mod\my maps\gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.bsp

** Executing...
    ** Command: Copy File
    ** Parameters: "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Desktop\garry's mod\my maps\Gm_sgtcrescent\runmap.bsp" "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\*****\half-life 2\hl2\maps\runmap.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified."

and it gives me this error:
    "The command failed. Windows reported the error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified.""
    __________________________________________________ _________

i'd like to finish the map, but even if i did it wont let me convert the vmf to bsp, please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

2. Post #2

June 2006
    71 Posts
    Brush 13501: num_entities == MAX_MAP_ENTITIES
    You reached the limit of entities, try decreasing it. :\

3. Post #3

May 2008
    4 Posts
    Is there a way i could keep most of the stuff but avoid this issue, or increase the number of max entities? I've already remove about 50 entities.
    It also says its having trouble reading the bsp. but im trying to create the bsp.

4. Post #4
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,002 Posts
    It's failing to create the bsp because you have too many entities. You just have to keep cutting back.

5. Post #5

May 2008
    4 Posts
    I've seen maps way more crowded than this, how come mine isnt working?

6. Post #6
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    September 2005
    5,002 Posts
    crowded =/= lots of entities

7. Post #7

May 2008
    4 Posts
    Alright, i've remove nearly every physics prop in the entire map and its still giving me the error, if theres a way to increase the maximum enitites i would greatly appreciate the help.