1. Post #41
    July 2009
    102 Posts
    Turdis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Thanks jwm96 ;),
    I am hoping to start soon on my london, but upcoming days I have just too mucht work.
    And next week it only gets worse, but after these days I got plenty of time again and I'll start
    working on this.

And those are some detailed pictures :P

Edited:

And I already got an idea about what to do with the map london.
    Seeing that almost everything in doctor who wich happens on earth, happens in london.

So I am going to remake certain events, wich can be triggered by a player by a button on the place it happens. Like torchwood wich their weird wall of light, someone presses button ghosts get spawned..

If the doctor is in london he will notice, but after 7 times of spawning the ghosts real soldies get spawned for example..

3. Post #43
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    Thanks jwm96 ;),
    I am hoping to start soon on my london, but upcoming days I have just too mucht work.
    And next week it only gets worse, but after these days I got plenty of time again and I'll start
    working on this.

And those are some detailed pictures :P

Edited:

And I already got an idea about what to do with the map london.
    Seeing that almost everything in doctor who wich happens on earth, happens in london.

So I am going to remake certain events, wich can be triggered by a player by a button on the place it happens. Like torchwood wich their weird wall of light, someone presses button ghosts get spawned..

If the doctor is in london he will notice, but after 7 times of spawning the ghosts real soldies get spawned for example..
    sounds cool

4. Post #44
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    Is it possible to make the TARDIS key a spawnable Entity? That would be kinda neat if you spawn it, use it on the door and then after you use it, it dissapears so that no one else can get their hands on it.

5. Post #45
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Is it possible to make the TARDIS key a spawnable Entity? That would be kinda neat if you spawn it, use it on the door and then after you use it, it dissapears so that no one else can get their hands on it.
    That would be kinda overpowered :P
    But I have a better idea, I'll make a sonic screww driver, wich and can open the tardis doors on touch on the doors, but will also be able to "call" the tardis, and let teleport to you. (to the sonic screwdriver)

This way the doctor would always need to have his screwdriver in his hand, and would be noticed, unless he hides it.

Everyone is following someone and then he runs into a room and everyone sees the tardis teleporting away, nothing they can do

(at the moment the tardis is teleporting no1 can get in or out)

6. Post #46
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    That would be kinda overpowered :P
    But I have a better idea, I'll make a sonic screww driver, wich and can open the tardis doors on touch on the doors, but will also be able to "call" the tardis, and let teleport to you. (to the sonic screwdriver)

This way the doctor would always need to have his screwdriver in his hand, and would be noticed, unless he hides it.

Everyone is following someone and then he runs into a room and everyone sees the tardis teleporting away, nothing they can do

(at the moment the tardis is teleporting no1 can get in or out)
    I agree that is a much better idea. I like how no one can get in it once it is teleporting, well except for captian Jack of course :D

7. Post #47
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    :P, but I am not working on this map currently,
    I worked all day and just need something to relax.

But I will start on this london in the upcoming weekend ;).

8. Post #48
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    cool cool, cant wait to see how it turns out

9. Post #49
    February 2009
    426 Posts
    That Tardis Highway video made me lol

10. Post #50
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    [/QUOTE]

Wow, some buildings look so detailed. If I remake some of them, I might make them alot more Undetailed :(,
    due the brushlimit I need to focus on a big map instead of some places with highdetail.

11. Post #51
    October 2008
    177 Posts

Wow, some buildings look so detailed. If I remake some of them, I might make them alot more Undetailed :(,
    due the brushlimit I need to focus on a big map instead of some places with highdetail.
    yea I understand, well either way this map is going to be amazing!!!

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,424 Posts
    you might want to model most of the tardis interior, cut down on brushes and make it nicer, also you'll have a lot of support of you want to turn it into a mod rather than just a few maps.

don't be afraid to use level changes of you've got problems with limits.

13. Post #53
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    that would be kinda cool, you could label each level after a different episode for example "episode one, first flight" or something.
    *edit*
    although I like the Idea of being able to fly aroud or do stuff at your will.... is there going to be a "free play" area that you can just do whatever you want in?

14. Post #54
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Yeah, there is like only freeplay I am afraid,
    I will make a map, and in that map I will place certain events,

For example:
    like a torhwood building wich will spawn all the ghost at some point. This event can be triggered with a button. So someone else needs to do some evil things while the doctor needs to stop him.

Edited:

But I will also time some events so you won't be bored when you are alone,
    So for the smart people, trigger a event and let the doctor come to you, then take his tardis :P

But when you take the tardis, the doctor will (if he is smart) a screwdriver with him (or hidden it if he is even smarter) to teleport the tardis to him and open the doors (I did not made this yet, but I will soon)

15. Post #55
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    thats sounds amazing..ooo there should be a "no-clip prevention thing near the actual tardis map so no one can just no clip to the interior, if that is even possible.

16. Post #56
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    you might want to model most of the tardis interior, cut down on brushes and make it nicer, also you'll have a lot of support of you want to turn it into a mod rather than just a few maps.

don't be afraid to use level changes of you've got problems with limits.
    And, first I am going to try to make a working map, wich alot of events, so the doctor who feelings jumps in.
    (and these events would be kinda be playeble on ur own or on mutliplayer.)
    I will create all the events at the way, that only one event can be triggered at a time.
    So when the timer triggers a event, then the next event timer would only start when the previous event was finished.

(and if you lose a event, it will really cause a problem, like if you lose one event then a portal where combine soldiers come out every 10 secs might be opened wich can't be closed again when nog closed on time.

Or everyone (including the doctor will be killed (wich could mean the end of the doctor if the tardis is upon high in the air (then the key won't even help) and if the screwdriver was left inside the tardis.

And when all events (or all the timed ones are finished) the map could change to like, a future earth (like a time travel)

Edited:

thats sounds amazing..ooo there should be a "no-clip prevention thing near the actual tardis map so no one can just no clip to the interior, if that is even possible.
    Yeah, I will make a teleporting wall around the interior :P

Edited:

And I am very tired, worked all day and just came home 30 mins ago...

And tomorrow I've gotta work also, so I need to go to bed early.. (cuz work starts even sooner tomorrow)

So the most I would do today is thinking of some possible ideas for this map (or maps when I might make a change map for like time travel or even maybe a parallel universe :P
    Where the darleks rule! (nah, but might be fun for a mini event
    (when I teleport you to a diffrent world inside the same map where you are stuck and where only the doctor would be able to help ya.

(I might even make a emergency teleport for the doctor, when someone gets into a parallel universe, that the tardis gets stuck also there and can;t get out.. (lolz, how many times you think I can do this before I confuse you all) ) )

But I used new lines jsut to make it possible to read :P)

17. Post #57
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    Sounds awesome I was actually thinking of a scenario were the tardis gets taken away and you have to do stuff to get it back but I guess you already have a plan for that =)

18. Post #58
    January 2009
    813 Posts
    you sir are Epic i hope you improve it by 600%

19. Post #59
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    I just thought up an awesome idea!
    A seperated world with a planet wich is dieing, and a big rocket. This world is in the end of the universe stage jus tlike one of the doctor who episodes.

After a while the tardi sjust goes automaticly to this planet (only if someone is inside it) and the doctor has to choose wether to let the rocket fly or not (u gotta place the screwdriver somewhere in the conttroll room of the rocket)

But the main idea was:
    Making litle worlds wich are in the past, wich the tardis will teleport at certain times by it self when someone is inside it. The things you do in the past might cancel out things in the normal world (wich would be london) And once teleported to the past, there would be no possibility to go back to the future with the tardis unless you completed the mission, wich giuves the doctor a huge responsibilty cuz when he dies in the past the tardis would be like... lost...

Like taking away power. Or making cyber men (would be the combine I think) the lead of london

Or make the world full with od (a london filles with ever keeping spawned zombies )

20. Post #60
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    sweet, sounds great...heck this map is going to be great, again I cant wait!

21. Post #61
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    :p
    I might even use some of the object from the past, to help the future.
    Like you need a special item, only to be obtained in the past, when for a example some alien came to visite.

Or you need a item in 2 version, on from the present and one from the past, to use them to get lots amounts of power when fused these two time versions toegether.

And maybe I'll make a second tardis exterior you sometimes see flying by, or is waiting for ya in a building, and as you enter a room you see it teleporting away, just for the doctor who feeling :P.

Like you walk into a building, you find a phone box (even when you are the doctor in the map, and you parked your tardis infront of the other tardis (the one you don't know who its from, mioght be from the future) if doesn't matter. If you find the tardis as a civilian, you think it is the docotor, if you find the tardis in a building as the doctor, you think it is from the future, beeing you.

Also, seeing as this fake tardis (wich wouldn;t have a inside) would need a doctor, I would be able to make a npc beeing that doctor. Cause I can decide wether the tardis stays footh, or flies away.

If it stays footh I could node it :P.

So knowing this, you can stay searching in every building, trying to find a doctor from the future.
    And it won't be jsut one... No I would place alot more future doctor who's (who would be npc's)

He might give you a tool to track down the real tardis :P. Or he might help you stopping a event when you lost it (if he was dsigned to show up if a certain event failed ) so a doctor who (the npc out of the fake tardis) helps him self in the present (the player flying the tardis) or just a normal player. :P

I would be able to let the npc act diffrently, like you need to touch the doctor npc with the screw driver to prove ur the doctor flying the tardis.
    Then he might give you a thing to help you, and else if you wont touch him (he would be kinda standing infront of you 10 secs wauting for ya to touch him after you triggered him finding his tardis somewhere) he will walk into the danger and help you himself.

22. Post #62
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    You can do all of that in hammer? I had trouble making a simple map let alone all of that stuff, well good luck with all of that, is there going to be a new vid soon or?

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,252 Posts
    Yea, the stairs is my lowest priority, First I want a working map, and that stairs looks weird cause I have experience in reaching the brush limit wich I don't intend to hit this time.
    Wait wait wait, a mapper focusing of function over looks!?

My god could it be so?

24. Post #64
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    IN hammer, you can set up certain events for npc's.
    Aswell making tasks for them, everything you can do in lua, is based on the inputs and outputs of hammer.

Only with lua, you can do it all per player, and use alot more inputs and outputs then hammer can.

25. Post #65
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    IN hammer, you can set up certain events for npc's.
    Aswell making tasks for them, everything you can do in lua, is based on the inputs and outputs of hammer.

Only with lua, you can do it all per player, and use alot more inputs and outputs then hammer can.
    Oh okay, I figured there had to be more to it.

26. Post #66
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Wait wait wait, a mapper focusing of function over looks!?

My god could it be so?
    Well, I will remake the stairs when the whole map is complete (or atleast when I am a litle bit further)

If that stairs causes me to not beeing able to make something else cause I've jsut reached the limit, I would be pretty much screwed by the stairs. Literally if you get the ironic part :P

Edited:

Oh okay, I figured there had to be more to it.
    Yep, but the npc would be limited to the tasks I have given him.
    But I could parent a trigger to the npc (yes in hammer there is no weld or parent limit :P) wich needs to trigger the npc, when someone holds a sonic screwdriver in that trigger to give the npc the task to give you something. Else if it won't be triggered within 10 secs, the npc would be given another task.

Edited:

But, I was watching lost, and each time I come to my pc in the break, i see you all posted 2 mins ago :P

Edited:

You can do all of that in hammer? I had trouble making a simple map let alone all of that stuff, well good luck with all of that, is there going to be a new vid soon or?
    Ow, and seeing as I didn't even start on the new london, or all these new ideas, I can't tell you when a new VID would be released.

But upcoming weekend I will start on it ;).
    Tomorrow I have go to work sadly, but after work I am gonna start on london (If I am not to tired, else I'll sleep a bit first :P)

And sunday I got all day, wich I will surely map a few hours, and maybe some more ;).

I really care about this map now, cause I really like doctor who, I like the style and the atmosphere,
    I hope to give my map the same doctor who'ish nish as the series.

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,614 Posts
    I'm guessing you plan to use the Doctor model from the Doctor Who pack?

28. Post #68
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Everyone is talking about a doctor who pack, someone made a doctor who mod?
    Hoe long is the game play of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,614 Posts
    Doctor Who GMod pack.

30. Post #70
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Ok, a hour ago (or perhaps several hours ago) I've came back from work. I am all tired up.
    So I am just telling this to you all, so you ar enot expecting some work within the few hours.

I will begin to map further in the evening, when I've eaten and rested a bit.
    It is much more later here then GMT.
    I will post in this topic when I'll start.

But to you all, if you want to make a suggestion about what to add, now is the time.

31. Post #71
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Ok, I wanted to start with mapping, but my viewports are all weird, they like flash with the hammer grid.
    But the tools work all fine, but I can;t map, I'll get a headache, any way to solve these viewports beeing weird?

Edited:

Maybe I, will need to reinstall hammer, maybe that helps.
    And, I am running on vista, maybe hammer has compatible problems??

Edited:

Ow, I solved it. I reinstalled all my graphics drivers (yes I had mutliple installed, now I only got one left) , and reinstalled hammer. Now everything works again :P

I will search for city projects I began in the past. Maybe I could fit them into my new london
    (a london wich won't be a remake of the real london)

32. Post #72
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    Here is an idea for an easter egg, you could have the TARDIS exterior materialize into the interior, causing an infinate loop (untill you teleport it out or something)

33. Post #73
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Lol, yea, you couldn't get out anymore :P

And what I've done today was searching for some older projects (I began some time ago but never finished, or mapped more than 3 hours on)
    I have found some houses I might use for the new city, and I found my old atlantis :P. But I think atlantis would take way to much brushes up to put into a doctor who map XD. Although, might be a nice easter egg :P, but nah, won't be added sadly :(.

Anyone still knows my old project atlantis?
    Woops, just realized I began so many projects but never finished one. LIke hogwarts, isn;t finished also.

But this time I will finish it! Really (1 frame later) Sorry guys, I've given up :P
    Nah didn't give up, but if you make a image of that sentence above this, it'll be a laugh...

But ye, back to topic. I will begin to make a small start on the london tomorrow, (wich won;t be a replica of london, but a own version (wich might not even look like the britisch style I am affraid ) :(, but I'll try.

Edited:

But on my side, the time is GMT+3, so it is pretty late on this side. I haven't started on my london project yet, cause I just almost fell asleep.. Watched some tv.. So rly sorry guys, if I had put up high hopes for some progress today. But tomorrow there will definitely some progress, I will make sure of that ;).

34. Post #74
    October 2008
    177 Posts
    NO!!! dont stop the map this is your gold mine right here... although dont work your self too hard over it either ;)

35. Post #75
    July 2009
    555 Posts
    Make the teleporter on something like a spacebuild map like you can go outside with the teleporter but not with the TARDIS

36. Post #76
    March 2007
    79 Posts
    WHOO a Doctor Who map! :D

37. Post #77
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Make the teleporter on something like a spacebuild map like you can go outside with the teleporter but not with the TARDIS
    Huh? What do you mean? A spacebuild part inside my doctor who map??
    Wouldn;t that like, ruin the whole doctor who'ish nish?

Edited:

NO!!! dont stop the map this is your gold mine right here... although dont work your self too hard over it either ;)
    Don;t worry, I love doctor who too much to give up :P

Edited:

And ye, gonna start on london soon, first gotta eat something. Then I need to install episode two again.

Cause I deleted it yesterday, trying to solve the hammer problem. I have new drivers installed, but ep2 didn't want to launch.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    You should make satellite 5.

By the way it looks cool :D

39. Post #79
    May 2007
    376 Posts
    Woops, replaced "map" with london in upper post..

It works! One of the linking cases was getting the whole bridge, while the other (the one I am conected to) got almost nothing of the traffic.
    I got a download working (and a angry brother next to me)

40. Post #80
    October 2008
    177 Posts

Don;t worry, I love doctor who too much to give up :P.
    okay good =D