1. Post #1
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    My map city_Sprint has released!!!(earlier than I planned too) What is City_Sprint its concept is

similar to mirrors edge jumping from buildings , climbing up pipes , grabbing ledges, and at the same time

cops are shootin at you. Hope you enjoy it when it releases. Please spread the word about this map. fixed the link sorry about that.

download it here - http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=74611

Please comment.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    478 Posts
    O looks nice, will give it a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,470 Posts
    Nice map downloading. I'm downloading your Dr Pepper Physgun (I'm Dr Pepper on here).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    Nice map downloading. I'm downloading your Dr Pepper Physgun (I'm Dr Pepper on here).
    haha cool thanks for the downloads!

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    759 Posts
    It's like Mirror's Edge but without the bloom
    Which is good

6. Post #6
    May 2009
    315 Posts
    I'm addicted to these maps. It looks like the original freerun and that was an awesome map.

7. Post #7
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    I'm aware that there is one sort of buggy pipe I'm trying to fix it.

8. Post #8
    October 2008
    337 Posts
    Not bad but the textures are a bit plain.

9. Post #9
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    Not bad but the textures are a bit plain.
    Yeah , I was sort of going for a plain different world look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,995 Posts
    The lighting is pretty dark for the skybox. And the textures could use some variation.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,636 Posts
    Lower the lightmap scale on some of the walls to give it less of a blocky lightmap effect. But don't go overboard, because it will increase filesize quite a bit.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,545 Posts
    Lighting is blargh. Other than that looks good.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,974 Posts
    Jesus christ, did you compile this with VRAD on fast? This is quite horrible. :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    Jesus christ, did you compile this with VRAD on fast? This is quite horrible. :saddowns:
    No I didn't why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    July 2009
    654 Posts
    Take off the dev textures and put in real textures, fix those fucking horrid lightmaps, and add some props laying around, etc, because this looks like it was done in like, an hour.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2009
    526 Posts
    Take off the dev textures and put in real textures, fix those fucking horrid lightmaps, and add some props laying around, etc, because this looks like it was done in like, an hour.
    an hour?!?!?! Are you kidding its a pretty big map lots of detail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2009
    5,047 Posts
    This looks awesome! Will download.

18. Post #18
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,622 Posts
    Bang up the lightmap scale and if it takes too long to compile then just get your friends to help you using this> http://exp-softworks.com/2008/12/07/...-net-compiler/
    This will allow you to get you friends to help you out with the mass of lighting calculations!
    It works a dream for me!