1. Post #1
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    [release][tab]Version:[/tab] 3.0

[tab]Download:[/tab] svn: http://garrysmod-vehiclepack.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ (older version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SIT6I79C)

[tab]Features:[/tab] lots of driveable vehicles
    [/release]
    This mod has a very long history, but sadly the last thread got closed and nobody made a new one (at least I couldn't find it). So I made a new one, plus reuploaded the mod to an svn. If you haven't heard of it: this is a big pack of driveable vehicles, created by a lot of people.

About development:

Most of the cars have bugs like wrong seat position, flashing wheels, bad steering etc. I don't know how much I can work on it because I have other to-dos, so I would really appreciate if some of you would help me fixing the bugs. You can post fixes here, but I can also add you to the svn site so you can commit updates there.

[release]Vehicle List:

Admiral Car, Airboat Seat, Ambulance, ATV, Beetle, Big Airboat, Big Office Chair, Blade, BMW M3, Boxville Boxtruck, Bugatti Veyron, Bus Seat, Cadillac CTS, Cargo Truck, Carmageddon Lambo, Citroen 7CV, Civilian Warthog, Classic Mini Cooper, Combine APC, Cop Car, Corvette C6, Datsun 810 Wreck, Defender 90, Digger, DMC Delorean, Dodge Viper, Episode 1 Van, Ferrari Barchetta, Ferrari Enzo, Ferrari F40, Fire Truck, Ford F100, Forklift, General Lee, Gokart, Golf Cart, Golf GTI, HL1 Truck, Hover Bike, Human APC, Hummer, Hummer H2, Jalopy Seat, Jeep 93 YJ, Jeep Big, Jeep Box Green, Jeep Box Normal, Jeep CJ7, Jeep Confused, Jeep Crazy, Jeep Go-Cart, Jeep Go-Cart Green, Jeep Go-Cart Mixed, Jeep Go-Cart No-Roof, Jeep Huge, Jeep Medium, Jeep Rally, Jeep Seat, Jeep Speedo, Jeep Two, Komatsu 330M, Komatsu 930E, Lawn Mower, Linien Bus, M1A1 Tank, MCLaren F1, Mech Warrior, Metal Chair, Military Humvee, Military Tacoma, Mini Cooper, Monster Beetle, Monster Cuda, Monster Pathfinder, Monster Truck, New Rig, Nissan Pathfinder, Nissan Primera, Old Rig, Old Style Taxi Cab, Old Truck, Patrol Jeep, Peugot 206, Piranesi APC, Police Car, Police Enforcer, Pontiac GTO, Rally Toyota Racecar, Rocket Warthog, School Bus, SdKfz222, Skateboard, Small Airboat, Small Office Chair, Smart Car, Starflight, Street Sweeper, Subaru Impreza, Subaru Impreza WRX, Taxi, Tides Truck, Tow Rig, Toyota Hilux, Toyota Supra, Trabbi, Turbo Jalopy, UAZ Jeep, Van, Volvo 244, VU Jalopy, VU Jeep, Wartburg, Warthog, Wheel-less Buggy, Wooden Barstool, Wooden Chair, Yugo[/release][release]Credits:

GiGaBiTe, kuno86, LSK, DarkNovaClan, Athos, BlackOps7799, blindmanpb, Caipi, eggs, fkalkman, FUBAR, HarLequiN, JIMfourGRIM, Juha "Turpuli" Laaksonen, k garrow, Kobilica, modderfreak, NeoDement, NPerez, Phoenix Storm, Puddingpanzer, Sgt.Sgt, Solid_Granite, Splayn, Stene, EA Games, D.I.P.R.I.P. Team, Hypersonic Source Raceway Team, Rockstar Games, Valve, Zombie Panic: Source Team[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,615 Posts
    I noticed that the digger is still included. I do believe that I didn't get credit listed for it and also, I told them many times not to include it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,833 Posts
    I noticed that the digger is still included. I do believe that I didn't get credit listed for it and also, I told them many times not to include it.
    Why you gotta be a little bitch about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2009
    40 Posts
    pictures?

5. Post #5
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    I was going to take it out in the next version, I just never got around to updating it, I lost morale for the project. It doesn't even work anyway, so why do you care so much? It's not like I'm trying to steal your damn work, cut me a break.

Also, I might as well get to work on this again, no promises, but I'll see about fixing the seating positions soon. Thanks for reviving it, I never would have gotten around to it. :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,615 Posts
    Just remake half the models. Most are horrific as shit anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    Well the link he posted has the newest pack. V 3.0 and it doesn't have the digger. The last major update was by kuno and myself and I made sure to remove the things that weren't working which included the digger.

8. Post #8
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    Thank for the replies guys. About the digger: Sgt.Sgt said that v3.0 doesn't contain it, but it does. So I removed it plus made some other little changes.

[release]rev.10
    - removed digger
    - removed settings/maps
    - converted all prop spawn list into one (settings/spawnlist/vehicle_pack.txt)
    [/release]
    pictures?
    You can find a lot in the old thread. But mind you, this mod have very many bugs right now. I originally posted this in the main Models/Skins forum but some admin moved it to Releases...

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    426 Posts
    Can i have a list of the vehicles bugued?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    I removed it out of the spawn file for the vehicles. I didn't remove the files apparently.

11. Post #11
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Thank for the replies guys. About the digger: Sgt.Sgt said that v3.0 doesn't contain it, but it does. So I removed it plus made some other little changes.

[release]rev.10
    - removed digger
    - removed settings/maps
    - converted all prop spawn list into one (settings/spawnlist/vehicle_pack.txt)
    [/release]
    You can find a lot in the old thread. But mind you, this mod have very many bugs right now. I originally posted this in the main Models/Skins forum but some admin moved it to Releases...
    What do you mean by settings? The maplist thing?

12. Post #12
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    What do you mean by settings? The maplist thing?
    Yep.

13. Post #13
    I was going to take it out in the next version, I just never got around to updating it, I lost morale for the project. It doesn't even work anyway, so why do you care so much? It's not like I'm trying to steal your damn work, cut me a break.

Also, I might as well get to work on this again, no promises, but I'll see about fixing the seating positions soon. Thanks for reviving it, I never would have gotten around to it. :frown:

Well seeing as that's coming around;

-Retexture the vehicles with a better bunch of textures. Like Sgt. has.
    -Fix the insane speed on a few of the vehicles, I went 99999 miles instantly and the broken speed on some, as I go 1 miles an hour on the broken car.
    -Fix the steering, some of them made me flip over instantly.
    -As you said, seating positions.
    -Different sounds :3
    -Don't put them in orders like Government Vehicles etc because that was VERY annoying. Just put them in a tab called "GMow V4".
    -If you can, can you put a limo in the pack :3?

Edited:

Also you where a bit lazy on the third person views and first person ones, because the windows on some cars where black and no interior. I would like to see a change in that

14. Post #14
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Well seeing as that's coming around;

-Retexture the vehicles with a better bunch of textures. Like Sgt. has.
    -Fix the insane speed on a few of the vehicles, I went 99999 miles instantly and the broken speed on some, as I go 1 miles an hour on the broken car.
    -Fix the steering, some of them made me flip over instantly.
    -As you said, seating positions.
    -Different sounds :3
    -Don't put them in orders like Government Vehicles etc because that was VERY annoying. Just put them in a tab called "GMow V4".
    -If you can, can you put a limo in the pack :3?

Edited:

Also you where a bit lazy on the third person views and first person ones, because the windows on some cars where black and no interior. I would like to see a change in that
    That's not my fault, the authors of those certain vehicles are to blame. No promises about that yet though, I may be able to make them a little better, but I can't re-map the textures, I don't know how. Also, I'll see about that. I'm sure Deni would love to help out with this?

15. Post #15
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,129 Posts
    Whatever you do, keep that Datsun POS just the way it is.
    It is easily one of the most fun cars to drive, if only because it does flips when you brake. :D

16. Post #16
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Whatever you do, keep that Datsun POS just the way it is.
    It is easily one of the most fun cars to drive, if only because it does flips when you brake. :D
    Lol, I can't stand driving that thing around.

17. Post #17
    August 2009
    18 Posts
    It's a nice pack cause i missed it ever since that gmod update but there if a few bugs like the cars that don't have authors seem to be invisible and whenever i get into one it goes black then crashes just keep us posted of updates and such

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    330 Posts
    Some of the cars don't have any sounds at all.

The SEDAN_ type sounds are entirely missing. The SiN car is missing whatever graphical effect goes over some instruments.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,580 Posts
    Some of the cars don't have any sounds at all.

The SEDAN_ type sounds are entirely missing. The SiN car is missing whatever graphical effect goes over some instruments.
    Yeah I can't figure out the name of it. I am actually still looking for it. If you play evocity2 and spawn the car it will have the overlay. I'll find where it is eventually. And if you are missing sounds for certain vehicles get fueled mod vehicle pack because I know I set the diablo to use fueled mod sounds. If that doesn't fix it the pack this guy has on svn or whatever must be fucked up.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    426 Posts
    this pack http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=45228 have sounds for the fueled cars and models are complete (no missing parts)

21. Post #21
    July 2007
    1,085 Posts
    Yeah I can't figure out the name of it. I am actually still looking for it. If you play evocity2 and spawn the car it will have the overlay. I'll find where it is eventually. And if you are missing sounds for certain vehicles get fueled mod vehicle pack because I know I set the diablo to use fueled mod sounds. If that doesn't fix it the pack this guy has on svn or whatever must be fucked up.
    If you want Sgt I can probably get you more sounds for the cars if you want them, I can't garuntee that they will come quickly because I am still busy with getting my Dodge finished but if you want any then just say what you're looking for and I will try to get them.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    426 Posts
    The most important thing to do is fix the player pos on different vehicles

23. Post #23
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    The most important thing to do is fix the player pos on different vehicles
    That's easy though, I'd have started yesterday but I don't have enough space to install the SourceSDK since my good PC is broken.

24. Post #24
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    Today I was trying to fix some of the player positions, but found some difficulties: I can't change the angle of the player (position is possible), and I read that this is defined by a vehicle bone. So I wonder if we should try recompiling the models with correct angles, or just ask Garry to add a function for this?
    Other: the firstperson and thirdperson views are defined in the model, too. I tried to change these with VU-mod, but it seems that we can only modify the z axis (up-down), so it is another big problem...

25. Post #25
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    Today I was trying to fix some of the player positions, but found some difficulties: I can't change the angle of the player (position is possible), and I read that this is defined by a vehicle bone. So I wonder if we should try recompiling the models with correct angles, or just ask Garry to add a function for this?
    Other: the firstperson and thirdperson views are defined in the model, too. I tried to change these with VU-mod, but it seems that we can only modify the z axis (up-down), so it is another big problem...
    It doesn't need a function, all you have to do is add the bone in the proper place. It's really easy, any one can do it. I have a shortcut for it. All you need is SourceSDK and a model decompiler.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    330 Posts
    Hm, while you're at it, somebody fix the Combine APC already, it's jigglyness suggests to me that it's suspension is made of gelatin.

27. Post #27
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    It doesn't need a function, all you have to do is add the bone in the proper place. It's really easy, any one can do it. I have a shortcut for it. All you need is SourceSDK and a model decompiler.
    Hm, can you explain a bit more in-depth? I have already downloaded a decompiler, just don't know how to make the bone.

28. Post #28
    November 2007
    51 Posts
    A few weeks ago, i have rigged a wheelchair with all animations.
    But i can't get it running because i can't do the script :(
    I an upload it when someone is willing to write a script for it.

You could add it to the pack when it's done ;)

If you want Sgt I can probably get you more sounds for the cars if you want them, I can't garuntee that they will come quickly because I am still busy with getting my Dodge finished but if you want any then just say what you're looking for and I will try to get them.
    Sounds for my trabbi would be nice :)

29. Post #29
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    A few weeks ago, i have rigged a wheelchair with all animations.
    But i can't get it running because i can't do the script :(
    I an upload it when someone is willing to write a script for it.

You could add it to the pack when it's done ;)

Sounds for my trabbi would be nice :)
    Kuno, would you help me rig a few other things? I'll make the script and help with any other stuff you might need! :biggrin:

Really, you were one of the most important members on the team.

30. Post #30
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    [release]rev. 12
    - 16 new icons
    - fixed the things in "Seats.Nova"
    - added the old pod (under HL2 tab as "Pod 2")
    [/release]

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    426 Posts
    could you explain to us how to do it, what we need to modify, please? Whe can i get a model decompiler/ compiler mine does'nt work ?

32. Post #32
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    could you explain to us how to do it, what we need to modify, please? Whe can i get a model decompiler/ compiler mine does'nt work ?
    I just started on it, then forgot the name of the bone used to set the players position. Anyone care to jog my memory, I'm drawing a blank. :S

33. Post #33
    July 2007
    1,085 Posts
    I just started on it, then forgot the name of the bone used to set the players position. Anyone care to jog my memory, I'm drawing a blank. :S
    vehicle_feet_passenger0

34. Post #34
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    I have to say something about this svn, I fucking love it! 5mb/s download :)

35. Post #35
    March 2006
    39 Posts
    [release]rev. 13
    - added 6 new icons
    - fixed material for gmc-pickup
    [/release]

Btw guys, I think we should remove the things like Small Jeep, Big Jeep, Wheel-less Buggy and all other variations of the buggy and airboat, cuz nobody will use these imo.

36. Post #36
    LSK
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,329 Posts
    [release]rev. 13
    - added 6 new icons
    [/release]

Btw guys, I think we should remove the things like Small Jeep, Big Jeep, Wheel-less Buggy and all other variations of the buggy and airboat, cuz nobody will use these imo.
    I used them for posing, but that's just me. Some of them have material issues too, though.

37. Post #37
    June 2009
    25 Posts
    [release]rev. 13
    - added 6 new icons
    [/release]

Agreed, waste of bandwidth in my opinion. Should the Cadillac CTS (or whatever it is) still be in the gimmick category? it looks like it's a full-fledged vehicle now.

38. Post #38
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    I like the customised buggies.

Add "Mr Whirly" from the Research and Development mod.

39. Post #39
    November 2007
    51 Posts
    vehicle_feet_passenger0
    It's enough if you add a new attachment in the QC-file.

And i will upload the wheel-chair later today ;)

I can take rigging-requests, but only one at a time !

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    426 Posts
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=49550 this one if you can Kuno please