Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    Update!
    SVN is now available!
    Code:
    http://falcospropprotection.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
    (wonderful image )

FPP: Falco's prop protection and anti-spam.
    Tested in DarkRP and everyone liked it!

Are you tired of prop protections spamming you console or chat?
    Are you sick of not having a share props tool?
    Do you rage when some anti-spam tells you to wait 0.5 seconds?

Here is FPP, an advanced prop protection with everything you could wish:
    [list][*]A tool to share props. Different methods of sharing![*]Highly configurable! Everything can be changed to your likings.[*]Easy viewing owner in the middle left of the screen, also tells you whether you can touch it or not![*]No annoying messages spamming your chat or console![*]A buddy system that saves your buddies and keeps them in every server with FPP installed![*]Very intelligent system to prevent prop pushing/killing/surfing![*]An intelligent anti-spam system that never annoys you while you're building![*]Crash prevention methods A fix for the wire button model crash!

For Developers nice to know:[*] Includes CPPI[*]Owners of props are done completely serverside, which means no NWStrings for every single prop[*]Clients only know the owner of the prop they are looking at[*]Settings system only uses one single concommand to change all settings[/list]And a lot, lot more!

Media:
    Settings menu and showing owner(Imagine it flying in faster, I'm not good at making .gif files ):

Several things:

Clicking on "Physgun" in the settings menu, advanced options:

Sharing props tool menu:

Download:
    here

Mirror:

Thanks to Andrew for the download pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Useful x 32Dumb x 15Lua King x 15Agree x 3Friendly x 2Lua Helper x 2Optimistic x 2Artistic x 1Late x 1Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2009
    75 Posts
    Nice to see you released for addon, not just for DarkRP. :).
    Incredibly useful prop protection, stopped all my server crashes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,571 Posts
    How does the very intelligent system to prevent prop pushing/killing/surfing work?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2009
    75 Posts
    This is a quality addon, I hope it will replace Simple Prop Protection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2009
    75 Posts
    How does the very intelligent system to prevent prop pushing/killing/surfing work?
    It ghosts a prop, but also collides it with your props so it is still easy to build, but prevents kills from worldspawn and props.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    One can not kill another player with props.

When a prop is picked up, it will be ghosted. It will go through players and props you don't own.
    But it does collide with your own props. This means it doesn't interfere with building!

The anti-prop minge system also makes sure you don't put props in players(you don't freeze a prop in a player to get him stuck) and it prevents people putting props in other people's bases!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,712 Posts
    Includes CPPI, hopefully I can just slap this on my server and dance.

Thanks!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    June 2008
    3,328 Posts
    Don't dance on the server, they're not designed to withstand a person's weight! Anyway, it's great to see a new prop protection system be released. Now I don't have to wait for the anti-spam to let me finish my weld!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,117 Posts
    T h i s _ i s _ a w e s o m e
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,703 Posts
    Good job mate, works perfectly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    likes men
    May 2007
    1,712 Posts
    Don't dance on the server, they're not designed to withstand a person's weight! Anyway, it's great to see a new prop protection system be released. Now I don't have to wait for the anti-spam to let me finish my weld!
    Don't worry, it has one of those old pure steel boxes.
    I'm not jumping yet, admin settings aren't "saved".

12. Post #12
    May 2009
    398 Posts
    Sup guys, I'm the Andrew from the pictures

FPtje, if you can get me the agree and disagree huge icons, I can make you some new banners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2008
    3,328 Posts
    Don't worry, it has one of those old pure steel boxes.
    Ooh, a tough server case! I just hope it's ventilated, sounds like it could get pretty hot.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,164 Posts
    I hate the normal anti-spam.

It said I was spawning stuff too fast. I had finished building 2 minutes ago, and was wiring my contraption...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    May 2007
    461 Posts
    Thanks! I needed something like this, because my old prop protection crapped out and stopped working. This is awesome.

Edit:

I don't think it's working correctly. I'm superadmin of my sandbox server, using ULX mod, and none of my admin settings are saving. In the console I keep getting this:

Code:
    Unknown command: FPP_sendblocked
    Unknown command: FPP_Setting

16. Post #16
    USELESS CUNT
    December 2007
    153 Posts
    Did you test it on sandbox, not only rp? :)
    1) Antipropkill\surf protector make your props not yours when you drop it from physgun
    2) Don't know how, but my props started fall through the earth some time after server start(public server)
    That's all for now, testing it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    May 2009
    398 Posts
    Did you test it on sandbox, not only rp? :)
    1) Antipropkill\surf protector make your props not yours when you drop it from physgun
    2) Don't know how, but my props started fall through the earth some time after server start(public server)
    That's all for now, testing it...
    We were playing on his listen server on sandbox last night. Neither of those bugs occurred.

I think it may be a problem with mods and such with your server, the second one happened quite frequently on a friend's server. Eventually it stopped happening with no warning.

I made a new download banner yay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    McMissile prop protection works fine for me
    Hardy neither of the bugs you have are appearing for me.

Tested on both a listen server and a dedicated server.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    758 Posts
    function FPP.Protect.ShouldCollide(ent1, ent2)
    	if not tobool(FPP.Settings.FPP_PHYSGUN.antinoob) then return end
    	if not ent1.IsBeingHeld then return end
    	if ent2:IsPlayer() and not ent1:IsPlayer() then return false end
    	if ent2 == GetWorldEntity() or not ValidEntity(ent1.Owner)/* or ent2 == ent1.Owner*/ then return true end
    	local cantouch, why = FPP.PlayerCanTouchEnt(ent1.Owner, ent2, "Physgun", "FPP_PHYSGUN")
    	if not cantouch then return false end
    end
    hook.Add("ShouldCollide", "FPP.Protect.ShouldCollide", FPP.Protect.ShouldCollide)

ShouldCollide is supposed to have static rules, otherwise you will break the physics engine
    Hardy posted:
    The reason is the hook ShouldCollide is a certain stage where re-enabling collisions between entities will cause the physics engine to break. You're better off setting collision groups than fucking with ShouldCollide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    what do you mean by "static rules"
    Only define certain classes? like "prop_physics can't collide with func_door"?
    That's ridiculous. I have had no problems with the current method. I haven't seen anyone elses physics engine "break"

21. Post #21
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    AzuiSleet is talking about rules which don't change throughout the session. So for a certain collision pair you either return true or false all the time.

22. Post #22
    May 2007
    461 Posts

Perhaps its ULX or another mod causing the problem then. I'll try and see if I can find out what's causing this for me.

23. Post #23
    USELESS CUNT
    December 2007
    153 Posts

Anyway, deactivating anti propkill\surf funciton fixes both problems.
    And this is very nice prop protection, especially anti-spam.
    Nice work :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24

November 2007
    3 Posts
    I was having the same problem as hardy, but after disabling anti propkill/surf it didn't do it again. This was tested on a dedicated. A few things I noticed, if you have something with alot of constraints and have check constraints enabled it lags the server. Other than that love it better than SPP.

Suggestion - Ignore advanced duplicator.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,227 Posts
    FPtje never ceases to amaze me with his addons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,646 Posts

When a prop is picked up, it will be ghosted. It will go through players and props you don't own.
    But it does collide with your own props. This means it doesn't interfere with building!

The anti-prop minge system also makes sure you don't put props in players(you don't freeze a prop in a player to get him stuck) and it prevents people putting props in other people's bases!
    Only when it's picked up?
    If that's the case, what if someone makes a contraption to ram people with or just tosses it with the physgun?

27. Post #27

December 2008
    6 Posts
    D: How do i install it? I put it in addons but i dont see the menu anywhere =[ help plox
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    USELESS CUNT
    December 2007
    153 Posts
    Bug: it's don't mark world props on map start (like SPP) and think all unowned props is world. Including half of wire controllers...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    October 2007
    54 Posts
    OMFG, Super Nice job! ][_, ([]) ][_,

Just to be wondering, Will there be a SVN or are you not planning on that many updates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2009
    6,138 Posts
    I just saw 'Anti-Speedhack'

Interesting... going to read the code :P

Edit: Pity, I thought you had found a way to check if someone was using the cheat engine's speedhack
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31

June 2009
    1 Posts
    Does it have tool restriction? because when i'm in my server ppl can use all the tools which they spamm and crash the server with

32. Post #32
    Best Serious RP
    December 2006
    177 Posts
    AMAZING, just amazing. This is exactly what I have been looking for in a prop protection system for my server! I would give you every award known to facepunch, and a few not known, if I could. Only one question, Where the fuck is the SVN? (Its a primarily LUA concentrated addon, It's almost a law to have an SVN for this.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Lua King Lua King x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    there is not svn.
    SVN might come later.

Tool restriction will come, but is not there yet.

34. Post #34
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    SVN is now available!
    Code:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,661 Posts
    I've made a logo for you :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Artistic Artistic x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    October 2007
    54 Posts
    SVN is now available!
    Code:
    Score :)
    Cant wait to give FPP a try from the SVN version!

37. Post #37
    JamieH is a retarded bitch <3
    July 2008
    2,183 Posts
    So far:

awesome concepts

But, it's been a long time since i made a Gmod server. How do you stop players being able to use the pyhsgun to drag other players?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    July 2009
    1,544 Posts

Now if only CakeScript had that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    January 2006
    5,542 Posts
    The bad thing about it is that it can cause the Havok physics engine to break.

Azuisleet warned me for this and now I've had several reports confirming that statement.

However I have no idea what alternatives to use! this no collide system works well if it doesn't break!

40. Post #40
    September 2009
    185 Posts
    The bad thing about it is that it can cause the Havok physics engine to break.

Azuisleet warned me for this and now I've had several reports confirming that statement.

However I have no idea what alternatives to use! this no collide system works well if it doesn't break!
    Are you using gm_guardian or the ShouldCollide hook?

I've had no problems with Guardian, but have had some with ShouldCollide