April 2007
    439 Posts
    Awesome, the 2.0 looks great!

2. Post #82
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    Just released DepthHUD Inline v2.x, same SVN !

Please report anything you think is weird. I tried my best so that it's stable enough to release.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    When I get into the game, I have no HUD at all; If I try to open up the menu, I get this:

4. Post #84
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    When I get into the game, I have no HUD at all; If I try to open up the menu, I get this:

<image>
    Do you happen yo have any error message in the console ? It doesn't happen to me, and I can't help without that hint. Run a SVN update just to make sure.

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Sorry, I should have included that from the beginning.

> DepthHUD Inline Think ERROR : includes/extensions/table.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

I get spammed with this.

6. Post #86
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts

> DepthHUD Inline Think ERROR : includes/extensions/table.lua:103: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)

I get spammed with this.
    Wow, I can't get to backtrace the error. I wonder if there's any addon conflicts. I need to look at this again, I can't find the error.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    Addons:

Advanced Duplicator
    Asuran Gun
    Custom Addon Management Framework
    Catdaemon's SGPack
    Freeze STool
    GCombat08
    GarrysModDeathMatch Resource files
    GM_FLATGRASS2008
    Gas Systems 2
    Laser Spawner STool
    LS3C
    LS3E
    LS3 - Mandrac's Models
    LS3 - RTS
    Stargate Mod Pack
    No collide Multi
    Measuring Stick STool
    PHX
    RD3
    SpaceBuild
    SBEP
    StarGate Pack
    StarGate Resources
    Super Parent Multi
    Advanced Stacker
    Weight STool
    Weld Groups
    WireMod

Sorry, lengthy list...just in case anyone else knows of a specific conflict...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,113 Posts
    Could someone upload this as a .rar or a .zip cause svn does not want to work for me and anyone else with problems with svn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    August 2009
    7 Posts
    Or, you could try learning to use SVN. Google is useful for such things.

10. Post #90
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    2,113 Posts
    Or, you could try learning to use SVN. Google is useful for such things.
    Tried googling nothing useful or really helpful for downloading it just tells me how to install mostly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 4 (list)

11. Post #91
    June 2009
    294 Posts
    I had your HUD a long time ago, I had the very first version I guess.
    I am very happy to find it back, with even more options. Seriously, you rocks, thank you for this awesome HUD, keep working on it dude =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #92
    October 2009
    146 Posts
    Downloading now! Holy shinguards this is awesome!

EDIT: After watching both youtube vids, I'm in too much awe to even use words to describe it!

But you DEF have my download and supportf or this thing.

10/10 !

13. Post #93
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    Anyone that uses this addon ever had/has issues with continuous FPS loss (~20 FPS loss) ?

14. Post #94
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    Anyone that uses this addon ever had/has issues with continuous FPS loss (~20 FPS loss) ?
    About 25fps one time, but it only was temporary...

15. Post #95
    April 2007
    73 Posts
    I dont think this will be a huge bump but..if you are still developing this.I for some reason have my default hud on all the time.I dont know why it cant be turned off with mod but even if variable is set to disabled in default hud thing, its still there.Is there any way to remove default hud without losing crosshair/weapon pick or its just a bug in last SVN build?(right now after checking its revision 48)

16. Post #96
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    I dont think this will be a huge bump but..if you are still developing this.I for some reason have my default hud on all the time.I dont know why it cant be turned off with mod but even if variable is set to disabled in default hud thing, its still there.Is there any way to remove default hud without losing crosshair/weapon pick or its just a bug in last SVN build?(right now after checking its revision 48)
    Well, Disable Default Hud is only effective when DepthHUD Inline is set to Enabled. I highly doubt that you did forget to check "Enable" on, so :

Did you say you have revision 48 ? Latest revision is rev. 85 :
    http://code.google.com/p/depthhudinfo/source/list (Changelog)
    http://depthhudinfo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Consider updating it !
    In case you didn't have the official SVN address as your addon rep., could you forward me the SVN address you currently have ? I would be a bit intrigued it it was the case.

17. Post #97
    I CAN LITERALLY NOT STOP SUCKING HORSE DICK

August 2007
    857 Posts

I get spammed with this.
    Sorry for bump, but I'm having the same problem.Can anyone help?

18. Post #98
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    Sorry for bump, but I'm having the same problem.Can anyone help?
    By any chance, before this error occurs, do you happen to have other errors in the console ? Like when the map starts, hit escape, look at the console, and give me eventual errors that happen before this one ... ?

19. Post #99
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    It's weird for me, I'm at revision 85, yet the hud still tells me I have an update.

20. Post #100
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    It's weird for me, I'm at revision 85, yet the hud still tells me I have an update.
    Huh? When you open dhinline_menu, what does it say in the little description box below the options ? It should be saying "Newest revision is x, your revision is y, you should update !"., what does it tell about x and y ?

21. Post #101
    I CAN LITERALLY NOT STOP SUCKING HORSE DICK

August 2007
    857 Posts
    By any chance, before this error occurs, do you happen to have other errors in the console ? Like when the map starts, hit escape, look at the console, and give me eventual errors that happen before this one ... ?
    Nope. Just reformatted GMod a few days before that.

22. Post #102
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,700 Posts
    Huh? When you open dhinline_menu, what does it say in the little description box below the options ? It should be saying "Newest revision is x, your revision is y, you should update !"., what does it tell about x and y ?
    It says I'm still at 1.4 and should update to 2

23. Post #103

January 2010
    1 Posts
    I'm having trouble getting the svn to work properly, TortoiseSVN asks for a username/password,
    Tried anonsvn/anonsvn, anon/anon, admin/admin, and blank to no avail.
    Is there something obvios I'm missing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

24. Post #104

January 2010
    1 Posts
    Um....may seem like a stupied question but how do i open the menu?

25. Post #105
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    Um....may seem like a stupied question but how do i open the menu?
    If you have downloaded the latest version, the HUD itself told you how to open the menu :

- There are two ways, either you are in a Sandbox gamemode and there's a button in the options.
    - In any case you can open the menu using the console, and then bind it to a key. The main menu has a text field you can copy the bind command from.

I'm having trouble getting the svn to work properly, TortoiseSVN asks for a username/password,
    Tried anonsvn/anonsvn, anon/anon, admin/admin, and blank to no avail.
    Is there something obvios I'm missing?
    There is no SVN password or whatsoever.

26. Post #106
    August 2008
    413 Posts
    This is way better than when I first used it, though I could hardly use it then because it lagged me out the ass. Though, it seems restricting in the way that I can't change font size or modify the glow past the limits, and the armor color isn't adjustable.
    It would be nice to have element specific settings in that case, and an option to ignore the settings and use the defaults if its something like color and size.
    That is, If you're still working on this, it would make this so much better.

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,373 Posts
    UPDATE! For absolutely no apparent reason, the HUD works now. Thanks for fixing it, magically or however you did it!

28. Post #108
    [B][URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacos"]Tacos![/URL][/B]
    April 2008
    5,450 Posts
    Just curious, my computer isn't exactly top notch, but should this HUD lag a lot? It does for me, I can't even use it it's so much FPS drop.

29. Post #109
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    Just curious, my computer isn't exactly top notch, but should this HUD lag a lot? It does for me, I can't even use it it's so much FPS drop.
    I know there's something wrong with my HUD since v2.x. To inform you, I was probably gonna delete DepthHUD Inline v2.x and replace it with a VGUI-based HUD since I'm experimenting more and more with it.

30. Post #110
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    I've just committed a fix that clears up parts of the framerate cog, mainly due to the compass drawing methods. Still have some weird troubles with it though.

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,571 Posts
    Is there a way to get only the witnesses feature? That's the only thing I would need.

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,698 Posts
    Is there a way to get only the witnesses feature? That's the only thing I would need.
    You could uncheck everything but the compass, then uncheck the thing that toggles the normal HUD and voilla.

33. Post #113
    February 2009
    298 Posts
    Are you still updating the radar? I noticed the radar kind of drops my frame rate abit when its on..Down to like 20, when I could be around 30/40

34. Post #114

February 2008
    262 Posts
    Hey, I know this works well, but this doesn't remove my old hud (even when I check the box in the menu)

35. Post #115
    August 2009
    170 Posts
    This is definitely my favourite HUD, really smooth and minimilistic.

I just wish I could LUA code to make addons for this.

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,118 Posts

The subtext of all my elements draws half-out of the rounded box, which looks rather ugly. Is it possible to do something about this?

37. Post #117
    February 2009
    1,034 Posts
    :buddy:

38. Post #118
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts

The subtext of all my elements draws half-out of the rounded box, which looks rather ugly. Is it possible to do something about this?
    You need to modify how elements are drawn in the theme.

By the way, I think I did put something that allows someone to derive a theme from another along with its elements, so you may want to try deriving depthhud_classic (I think there's actually one setup already ready to use), and customize the theme itself by overriding the theme methods.

39. Post #119
    December 2009
    25 Posts
    ummmmm i cant seem to get Depth HUD to work when am on a server and my own server

40. Post #120
    Ha3
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    376 Posts
    ummmmm i cant seem to get Depth HUD to work when am on a server and my own server
    Try typing sv_scriptenforcer 0 in the console and reconnect to your own server