1. Post #1
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    I first started this map when I was inspired by one of the challenges going on in this forum and I used it to try and practice my brushwork. Me and my brothers got kinda bored of playing electriconslaught_b15 all the time, so I turned this map into an onslaught map!

It includes:
    [list][*]A small, old, headcrab canister'd shack[*]A city in the distance with its own citadel (brushbased, wasn't a model small enough for the skybox. I'm impressed with how it came out)[*]A mountain range inspired by a VMF I came across in the beta, and they also use textures from the beta! [*]3 entrances to a large underground expanse, one measured to the size of a large SBMP lift piece and 2 to the small lift pieces[*]Some mounted guns with the ability to be raised up and down[*]Mines, and minelayers[*]Brush based wall pieces[*]Two types of shields that can be toggled[*]2 and a half secrets[/list]
    It requires EP2 and EP1!

Pictures

(There are boxes in here, but I threw them outside)

(Full body shield in use, welded to a turret!)

Sorry about the random varying sizes of screenshots :P

Download

[list][*]Mediafire[*] Garrysmod Thanks Turrngait! :D[/list]
    It has all of the sounds, materials and soundscapes already packratted into it, that is why it is quite large!

Taken from the RAR

Simply put this into your garrysmod/maps folder, and play!

This map uses lots of npcs which can be laggy on some computers.
    I would recommend hosting it on a dedicated server and not a listen
    server, just to reduce lag!

To use the mines, press use on the top and it will beep 3 times before
    the spikes come out, if you are nearby it will charge up and detonate.

Turrets have only 2 settings, high and low, so you can either have them poking over the tops of walls or sitting on top of some railings!

You are able to use the Wired User on ANYTHING in this map which
    has a button on it! I would recommend using them for minelayers!

Credits:

Firepaw - Making the map
    Perpetual - Beta testing & Ideas
    Erosion84 - Beta testing & Ideas

Liked this? Why not check out some of my other releases? :3:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Artistic x 9Optimistic x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1Mapping King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    759 Posts
    Ohhhh, i like it!
    Very good enviorment, i like the post-apoc. feel of it

3. Post #3
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    What's onslaught? link?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    25 Posts
    That's awesome! But its kinda.... .... Just kidding.

That would be annoying. 5/5 to you sir

5. Post #5
    April 2009
    545 Posts
    Wonderful theme and mood you provided in your map 9.5/10.00

6. Post #6
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    What's onslaught? link?
    Onslaught is when you build a fort and you go up against waves of NPCs.

Also, thanks for the comments guys :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2008
    715 Posts
    well i most say this looks good i'm downloading right now hope it's awsome :D

EDIT: i just tryed this and it was pretty cool i must say the only three things that are a bit rubbish.

(one)
    the under ground cave it's just a big box with stone wall texture please try and turn it in to a real cave with tunnels and a hide out inside.

(two)
    it needs more house's and props and also try adding a road on the ground going to ward the city and also a grave yard to try and make it more scray.

(three) you need to add fast zombies and poison zombies because just having the one type of zombie the hole time starts to become boring after 15 mins.

apart from that it was good.

8. Post #8
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    well i most say this looks good i'm downloading right now hope it's awsome :D

EDIT: i just tryed this and it was pretty cool i must say the only three things that are a bit rubbish.

(one)
    the under ground cave it's just a big box with stone wall texture please try and turn it in to a real cave with tunnels and a hide out inside.

(two)
    it needs more house's and props and also try adding a road on the ground going to ward the city and also a grave yard to try and make it more scray.

(three) you need to add fast zombies and poison zombies because just having the one type of zombie the hole time starts to become boring after 15 mins.

apart from that it was good.
    Yes, the cave is basic so that you can build your own underground base with SBMP or whatever. I only made it so there was space for a large amount of customization, not so that your bases must be set in a specific way.

9. Post #9
    February 2008
    715 Posts
    far do's on that but can't you add some lights down there it's too dark lol

10. Post #10
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    On the spawning block, there is a button with a light under it. That lights up the underground with quite a lot of light, so you dont need to spam lights and lag the server even more :D

11. Post #11
    June 2009
    464 Posts
    Making our own underground base seems like the ultimate strategy namely because NPC's cannot navigate through your base without nodes.

Edited:

The reason you were flagged is you've put the winrar inside of itself.

12. Post #12
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    Oh lawd, that explains some things. Thought it was converting it FROM winRAR :P

13. Post #13
    February 2009
    64 Posts
    awesomastic

14. Post #14
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    I love this map! The sand texture is such un-reperetive! But it needs road, covered by sand and wires comming down that jumbo-utilitypole to ground. Overally it's very good, but with things I said before it could be even better.

15. Post #15
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    I love this map! The sand texture is such un-reperetive! But it needs road, covered by sand and wires comming down that jumbo-utilitypole to ground. Overally it's very good, but with things I said before it could be even better.
    Hehe, I had some trouble with the sand because when I made it huge, it would make the bare rocks look strange from being so much more detailed I guess I got it all right then! :)

I think in the next version ill add some loose wires to the pylon and i might make a road, but I'm not sure just yet. Would need custom textures to look good :P

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    106 Posts
    What an awesome map, man.
    It's got pretty much everything I'm looking for onslaught-wise! :D

Oh, and... What sand-texture is that?! I've been searching for a texture like that for ages now... Without any luck. Hammer's not my best friend.

17. Post #17
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    I believe it was called 'dirt', it was used in the part of HL2 when you are teleported to the random places, including into the wastelands and into a lake with an icky in :P

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    106 Posts
    Oh... Thanks. : )

19. Post #19
    May 2009
    3,407 Posts
    Stupid questions

How do I get the 'onslaught' started?

And what does the light bulb do? I think this may be my game screwing up, but it does nothing for me.

20. Post #20
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,725 Posts
    To start, press the button between boxcar and ammo box.

21. Post #21
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    The light bulb is just a light, as I may make a night version someday. :P

22. Post #22
    October 2008
    776 Posts
    looks cool

23. Post #23

January 2010
    8 Posts
    y do i have to have ep1 or ep 2 for everything? please just make a map that doesnt need anything! or atleast has all the textures and materials.

24. Post #24
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    y do i have to have ep1 or ep 2 for everything? please just make a map that doesnt need anything! or atleast has all the textures and materials.
    The Orange Box is only 12.74 right now. Just buy it, it is about as much as Garrysmod when it was released.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,624 Posts
    Seriously, with all the fucking steam deals and you don't own those games? Don't bitch about it when the game was $3 or what ever the steam deal was.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,583 Posts
    Would it be possible to give me the ambiance loop? or at least tell were you got it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    January 2010
    61 Posts
    I like it very much!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,391 Posts
    I suggest making the city under the citadel bigger.

29. Post #29
    January 2010
    438 Posts
    The overall atmosphere is nice, but the playable area is rather small. This limits the possibilities dramatically.

Spawn buttons and lazer cannons are really cool btw.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,868 Posts
    The overall atmosphere is nice, but the playable area is rather small. This limits the possibilities dramatically.

Spawn buttons and lazer cannons are really cool btw.
    The main reason I kept it small was since I was really inexperienced with NPCs at the time, and having a load of them on a large map really does make your PC squeal. :P

31. Post #31
    June 2008
    104 Posts
    Whats with the HUGE stone area below ground ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,091 Posts

I love that shot, nice work