1. Post #1
    June 2009
    180 Posts
    Im not a troll im serious my friends play this game and im not seeing the addicton part of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,625 Posts
    How did you miss the WoW subforum? Seriously..

You will not get addicted, if you were going to it would have happened already. Be happy with the fact that WoW has not sucked you in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,106 Posts
    If they think its a good game there addicts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,154 Posts
    i guess just play for a week or two.

Well, thats how long it took me.

Edited:

But im not addicted anymore, so yay

5. Post #5
    March 2009
    91 Posts
    Played 2 months really trying to like the game and give it a chance, but I don't play it more, there goes my summer holiday :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,749 Posts
    Keep playing it untill you get to 80. Then get sucked in by getting better gear.

You need to have spent a certain ammount of real money before you have commited enough to not want to have wasted your time. So you keep paying :p
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    488 Posts
    level 80

8. Post #8
    December 2005
    436 Posts
    Level 80, put the milestone there

Grind.

9. Post #9
    September 2008
    444 Posts
    Don't grind levels, try to actually enjoy the game, and don't feel like you're being forced to do anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

10. Post #10

August 2009
    23 Posts
    some few people are immune to WOW, be glad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    September 2007
    672 Posts
    I found it very similar to other MMOs, and it had the same effect on me as other MMOs did-
    Played it for a week, got bored, went back to TF2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    648 Posts
    Yeah I played WoW and tried to enjoy it but simply couldn't find it amazing enough to be "addicted" to it. Didn't seem to be fun enough for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    July 2006
    1,785 Posts
    i was addicted once. But now i arent addicted anymore but i want to be addicted again since i can't find another game to use my good time on. I mean, i need games that have goals! Not like team fortress 2 just kill kill and kill

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,032 Posts
    God I hate this game.

It's fun when you play it with friends, but if else

I hate the fucking walking all the time. It's boring, and no action at all. Give me a good FPS, and I'll be busy for weeks. Give me this crappy MMO, and I'll be done in seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,484 Posts
    God I hate this game.

It's fun when you play it with friends, but if else

I hate the fucking walking all the time. It's boring, and no action at all. Give me a good FPS, and I'll be busy for weeks. Give me this crappy MMO, and I'll be done in seconds.
    They changed mounts to level 20 like a week ago.
    No more walking around 99% of the time.

16. Post #16
    April 2009
    2,673 Posts
    I hate WoW, i actually gave it a chance a week ago and took a trial, first it was interesting (new enviroment and such), stealing shit from npc's, killing spiders in caves, first bell rang when a spider spawned a meter infront of me (i killed everything around me a minute ago) and killed me while i was trying to recover, second bell rang when i notice that everyone talking "lol i pwnd him there me so 133t roflcopter lololol" on the fucking RP server. The last drop of my patience went away when i lost to a random guy (duel) that had lower level than me by JUMPING AROUND ME, what kind of stupid battle system is that? The huge alarm in my head went off and i erased this shit from my PC.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Dennab
    May 2008
    968 Posts
    I tried that free trial for WoW and it was fun for a while, then the grinding just struck me down. Especially with those repetitive "kill X [monster name] and bring back X [something]", but most MMOs are like this anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,741 Posts
    thats why you take a break every once in a while and do battle grounds or an instance, trust me a big instance will break the monotony of questing reaaaaal fast

at least it does for me
    also play on horde, imo their community is better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,092 Posts
    People are addicted to WoW like kids to a van of candy, you will be scarred for life and some of you may not return
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2006
    134 Posts
    I need a game to get addicted to. I'm so bored at the moment with games. I have so many and I don't want to play any :(.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2009
    14 Posts
    I hate WoW, i actually gave it a chance a week ago and took a trial, first it was interesting (new enviroment and such), stealing shit from npc's, killing spiders in caves, first bell rang when a spider spawned a meter infront of me (i killed everything around me a minute ago) and killed me while i was trying to recover, second bell rang when i notice that everyone talking "lol i pwnd him there me so 133t roflcopter lololol" on the fucking RP server. The last drop of my patience went away when i lost to a random guy (duel) that had lower level than me by JUMPING AROUND ME, what kind of stupid battle system is that? The huge alarm in my head went off and i erased this shit from my PC.
    Sounds like Alliance. Try Horde.

22. Post #22
    April 2009
    2,673 Posts
    I was an Rogue Undead.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    7,030 Posts
    They're the same on both, and the guy you quoted, you didn't have a proper chance to see the game until you actually buy it.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2009
    1,041 Posts
    People who get addicted to games have no self-control.

I've been playing for a few months now and I've never had it interfere with real life stuffz

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    7,030 Posts
    Or there are people with addictive personalities

addiction =/= intefering with social life

you must be pretty cool in real life adding z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    June 2008
    104 Posts
    Well i think its weird, This game had me for about 20 levels, Then i got bored, AION * a game basicly the same lay out and every thing* But for some reason i find it ,,, better ? I dont know what, AION i find more addictive. WoW just never ... rubbed my brain in the right place i guess

27. Post #27

April 2009
    1 Posts
    on my school there is abaut 25 kids are addicted to wow sometimes they run around like idiots and they scream for the horde!! i mean what thaa. i know that an addict to WOW will increase the aggresiveness. but the worst i can tell is that they often talk abaut it wow wow wow but i do not mean this like i hate them but i just cant belive it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2007
    47 Posts
    on my school there is abaut 25 kids are addicted to wow sometimes they run around like idiots and they scream for the horde!! i mean what thaa. i know that an addict to WOW will increase the aggresiveness. but the worst i can tell is that they often talk abaut it wow wow wow but i do not mean this like i hate them but i just cant belive it
    i just cant belive yuor spealinng
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    577 Posts
    You sorta can't, anymore. In the day there was always that piece of gear just out of reach but so much in handed to you now nothing feels worth working for.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member

August 2007
    3,017 Posts
    I don't get sucked into games that much, I played the WoW free trial and didn't like it, the only game that has sucked me in at all was oblivion, and at that I got bored after about half a year. I just can't grind, when all my friends had the pokemon games for gameboy, I bought it, but never beat the pokemon league once, because I couldn't stand trying to train my pokemon.

31. Post #31
    September 2008
    927 Posts
    I'm playing a custom server, and I really only play when my friend goes on, because grinding on a custom server is pretty horrible aswell.

32. Post #32
    August 2009
    337 Posts
    sucks that you have to waste so much time to get where everyone else is at

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    970 Posts
    It's harder to get addicted to WoW than most people think

34. Post #34
    May 2008
    753 Posts
    You either love it or you hate it, usually there isn't an in-between it seems.

35. Post #35
    November 2007
    271 Posts
    Just play with your friends. Chances are they're off touchin their own dicks doing something else. So you probably just aren't interested because you're by yourself. Iunno.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    4,604 Posts
    WoW is admittedly very boring without friends these days

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,817 Posts
    No one cares about your opinion on wow ever since that thread where you started pushing that eve was infinitely better than wow. Let it go.

38. Post #38
    April 2009
    2,673 Posts
    No one cares about your opinion on wow ever since that thread where you started pushing that eve was infinitely better than wow. Let it go.
    Don't like it, Don't read it. Simple as that.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,534 Posts
    WoW is admittedly very boring without friends these days
    It always was for me, even though I had my brother to play with. It'd be nice to have a group of four or ten friends to play with.

I know people in real life who play, but they always change servers and shit, quit playing, reroll, etc. It's bullshit, so fuck them.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,817 Posts
    Don't like it, Don't read it. Simple as that.
    How am I supposed to know what your post says without reading it