1. Post #1
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,321 Posts

I was surfing around at work while I found this video on YouTube. It includes some interesting concepts for possible class abilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Late x 9Artistic x 3Funny x 3Informative x 1Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    June 2009
    329 Posts
    I'd take the afterburner as an alt fire the backburner. Even fits the name!

And I always thought the adrenaline dash type thing would be cool, but it felt kinda boring sooooo I dunno. Would that be a cool unlock?

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,236 Posts
    Fucking awesome!

4. Post #4
    tob
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    920 Posts
    Some of the ideas are quite good, and some are completely stupid/useless, for example, the Super Hopper. When would you ever need it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Whoah.

That was cool.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,592 Posts
    i like some of them, such as the medic self heal, and the uber transfer

some were sorta bad (Curving Arrow, Drunken bomb)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,533 Posts
    I like that sapper, from the 'meet the spy' ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,321 Posts
    Curving arrow seems very OP, yes. I'd like to see those Medic abilities in a patch somewhere tho.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    367 Posts
    The Medic self heal that uses up the uber meter is a great idea.
    The spy's "Sapper Throw" seemed balanced aswell.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,615 Posts
    Some were cool, but balancing on these would be horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    2,461 Posts
    All but a few suck, and are way Overpowered.

Demoman randomly getting a huge bomb that kills everyone? BAD!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    202 Posts
    Hmmm, I do like the spike shoes. As often as I spend jumping over heavies, it would be nice to have something happen. Not to mention it makes me feel like mario. :D

As for the after burner... meeeh... Maybe with the flamethrower out. Otherwise, I feel like it's just a little over powered. It would fit the backburner's style of "ambush," seeing as it would allow the pyro extra mobility, letting him get into position to ambush, at the cost of some of his ammo.

The sapper throw I have to admit I like. Throw one of those into a sentry nest, and the whole thing falls, instead of having to run in and die to the spy checking pyro. Not to mention this would make the engineers want to spread out, which is always a good thing in my book.

The crouching Heavy would make for a nice addition to his book of tricks.

Crit sandvich? YES. A thousand times YES.

Self-healing medic would be useful for the medics who insist on going battle medic, or who get ignored by their team.

Marking shot would be a god send. It's like telling your enemies "HEY! A sniper hit me, I'm weakened! FINISH ME!"

Those are the ideas I "approve" of. :D

13. Post #13
    bbbbbbb
    October 2006
    946 Posts
    I wish knockback was always based on the weight of the character it's hitting. For being a giant man with a huge minigun, he sure gets thrown around a lot. :frown:

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    846 Posts
    I wish knockback was always based on the weight of the character it's hitting. For being a giant man with a huge minigun, he sure gets thrown around a lot. :frown:
    (FaN is overpowered)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    (FaN is overpowered)
    waa waa waa

fuck I thought pyro whining was lame but this is something else
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    6,406 Posts
    These seem interesting, although some abilities seem a little BFH, like the Soldier Dash. But I think the Afterburner would make quite a good Flamer unlock, allowing Pyro to reach hard-to-access areas whilst running the risk of running outta Flamer fuel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    waa waa waa

fuck I thought pyro whining was lame but this is something else
    the FaN is overpowered

Cool video but most of them are pretty OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,059 Posts
    These are cool ideas, but some just would either not fit the game or be way too overpowered.

19. Post #19
    Max
    Ikuu~
    May 2009
    14,707 Posts
    2-way teleporter seems like a good idea, then you can teleport back to spawn and get some metal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2007
    338 Posts
    woah

21. Post #21
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,088 Posts
    Most of these are very overpowered, but there were a good few. A couple of those Medic abilities were cool and I really liked that Sentry sleep mode. That's just a button you push, right? Great way to slowly heal the Sentry from afar if you're certain there aren't any enemies around (or just want to take a chance).

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    I like the idea of some of these but it would break the balance of TF2 if not tinkered with and tuned to absolute perfection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,699 Posts
    My Youtube isn't working, could someone explain what it showcases?

24. Post #24
    April 2009
    1,781 Posts
    My Youtube isn't working, could someone explain what it showcases?
    Various Abilitys, such as the ability to bounce on peoples heads as scout, destroying your dispenser which will propel you in the air, throwing sappers, aimbot arrows, and tranferring ubers for medic.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member

December 2006
    2,632 Posts
    These are all very interesting ideas, but I wonder how much they change gameplay, we should get this onto the FP server for a day or two to give it a try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2008
    2,246 Posts
    all of yer are dandies prancin around in their heads full of eyeballs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,574 Posts

28. Post #28
    December 2008
    108 Posts
    The Heavy ideas are ones I've thought of before, rewarding KGB heavies after a fight, and giving the quick thinking Heavy a bit of leverage over FaN Scouts. I've also wanted to extinguish people with my flares.

10/10

29. Post #29
    Gold Member

December 2006
    2,632 Posts
    Have a server.

88.198.14.130:27015

Most of the abilities are severely underpowered and mainly useless, the only useful one I've tried so far is the pyro jetpack.

30. Post #30
    November 2008
    4,641 Posts
    Ooohhh...

31. Post #31
    Gold Member

December 2006
    2,632 Posts
    Afterburner makes backburner pyro a joy to play, really, there's nothing like hopping over an incoming attack's head, critting them, then jumping away to fetch some ammo. I want this in standard TF2.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    7,799 Posts
    Someone needs to make a US server :(

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,057 Posts
    I just tried this out and its really buggy and hardly works

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,026 Posts
    I like the sapper throwing and the Engi building jumping thing. :>

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,009 Posts
    I like the sapper throwing and the Engi building jumping thing. :>
    The mario style scout attack is pretty sweet too.

36. Post #36
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,962 Posts
    Drunk Bomb do want.

Edited:

Fp uk server needs this

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Nice to see that critflame Jetpack became reality.

Parody Comic on how pyroplayer wanted to say it was underpowered and needed a critflame Jetpack.

38. Post #38
    June 2008
    2,394 Posts
    I'd like to see the spike shoes restore your double jump as well and cause enemies to lose momentum. It could allow scouts to bounce on each others heads, throwing them off their game.

39. Post #39
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,417 Posts
    Drunk Bomb looks incredibly fun.

Curving arrow looks really overpowered though.

Most of these are very overpowered, but there were a good few. A couple of those Medic abilities were cool and I really liked that Sentry sleep mode. That's just a button you push, right? Great way to slowly heal the Sentry from afar if you're certain there aren't any enemies around (or just want to take a chance).
    Or you could put it in sleep mode, wait for enemies who don't know it's there to come out into the open and then wake it up. Ambush sentry.

40. Post #40

August 2009
    345 Posts
    Here's what I think should actually be put into the game:

Scout's Spike Shoes
    Crit Sandvich
    Uber Transfer
    Medic using Uber to self-heal
    Engineer jumping by detonating dispenser
    Spy throwable sapper

That said I would never ever want to see it put in as an official release but the Suicide Bomb Demo made me laugh really fucking hard