1. Post #1281
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    Started to play this again.
    Played in the beta, and got a lifetime subscription, never touched it again for a while.
    It's changed so much, my new character is already commander 22 after only a couple days.

My 2 friends made me go science though since they are tactical and engineer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1282
    March 2010
    421 Posts
    Started to play this again.
    Played in the beta, and got a lifetime subscription, never touched it again for a while.
    It's changed so much, my new character is already commander 22 after only a couple days.

My 2 friends made me go science though since they are tactical and engineer.
    Do you enjoy it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #1283
    April 2010
    2,396 Posts
    Went from Captain level 30 to 38 just today, my god, the Mirror Universe PVE's are XP goldmines, and the quests are also great, at this rate, I'll have my Star Cruiser tommorow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #1284
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,927 Posts
    i feel like i should download and try it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #1285
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    Do you enjoy it?
    Yup, it's pretty easy to level and I can get the old STO difficulty by going on advanced.

6. Post #1286
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,155 Posts
    I wish I was frivolous enough to get a Lifetime subscription, but it costs more than the machine I play it on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #1287
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,548 Posts
    i feel like i should download and try it out.
    you should, its properly fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

8. Post #1288
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    i'm trying to get the MACO XI space set. worth it?

9. Post #1289
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    I wish I was frivolous enough to get a Lifetime subscription, but it costs more than the machine I play it on.
    Do not.
    Gold membership/lifetime is not worth it at all.
    The only good thing I get out of it is the 5% xp boost, and that is from being a 700 day veteran.

10. Post #1290
    June 2010
    185 Posts
    i'm trying to get the MACO XI space set. worth it?
    yes, MACO shield is the best in the game with the right setup.

And the full set's Heavy Graviton Beam will disable nanite generators and probes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #1291
    April 2010
    2,396 Posts
    Welp, guess the time's diffrent every day, went on expecting Mirror Universe PVE, feel like a dumbass

12. Post #1292
    July 2008
    3,478 Posts
    Figured a strategy for leveling up once a day, with limited playtime each day:
    Duty officers
    Foundry Dailies
    Story mission

I can easily level once a day with this.

13. Post #1293
    October 2009
    1,065 Posts
    Personally I'm not even trying to get to the highest level, goes pretty fast even if you only do duty officer missions.

With a mission sometimes when I feel like doing one, or grouped pve missions, those are a lot of fun as well once in a while.

14. Post #1294
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    Okay, so I'm doing the tutorial and I'm at the part where you beam down and rescue colonists from the borg. I'm running around blasting groups of them and then all of a sudden my weapons aren't working. It's not any kind of debuff or lockdown or anything, all the commands are still on the bar, I've tried clicking and using the corresponding keys, but for some reason I cannot fire my weapons, the rifle of the phaser.

Has this happened to anyone else? It was just random and sudden.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

15. Post #1295
    November 2010
    5,690 Posts
    Okay, so I'm doing the tutorial and I'm at the part where you beam down and rescue colonists from the borg. I'm running around blasting groups of them and then all of a sudden my weapons aren't working. It's not any kind of debuff or lockdown or anything, all the commands are still on the bar, I've tried clicking and using the corresponding keys, but for some reason I cannot fire my weapons, the rifle of the phaser.

Has this happened to anyone else? It was just random and sudden.
    it keeps fucking people over in PvP, bloody annoying when it happens to you or a teammate, but yeah, it's a known bug, been around for a little while, hopefully gets fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

16. Post #1296
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    You could try hitting alt + 1, then see if it works after that. If that doesn't work, try re-log.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

17. Post #1297
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    I just relogged, fixed it.

18. Post #1298
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,155 Posts
    I just put away my guns and let my godly away team take care of everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

19. Post #1299
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,944 Posts
    Anyone got any tip on how to train a bridge officer ability that you can only be trained from an another boff? For example torpedo: Spread III, i've bought like 20 uncommon ones but none trains it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #1300
    April 2010
    2,396 Posts
    Finally got Rear Admiral, love the Star Cruiser, and once its fully loaded up, the U.S.S. Sun will be ready to roll with the best of the FP fleet, farthest I've ever gotten in an MMO, love this game.

21. Post #1301
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,155 Posts
    I'm torn on whether to get a Galaxy or Intrepid Class for Captain rank. Leaning towards Intrepid because I'm a Science officer but I really like the tanking ability of Cruisers. Reccomendations?

22. Post #1302
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    I'm torn on whether to get a Galaxy or Intrepid Class for Captain rank. Leaning towards Intrepid because I'm a Science officer but I really like the tanking ability of Cruisers. Reccomendations?
    If you don't mind C-Points, you can weigh the retrofits. The Galaxy retrofit allows saucer section separation, whereas the Intrepid retrofit has Ablative Armor generators (like in the last episode of Voyager) (also, the Defiant retrofit has a cloak). If you want one of those for Rear Admiral, go for the other at Captain.

23. Post #1303
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    4,916 Posts
    I'm an Engineering officer and I've been eyeing up the Intrepid. Apparently it is good for engineers, and I've never really liked the look of the Galaxy class myself.

I just got my Heavy Cruiser last night too: the USS Lucid Nonsense; preceded by the USS Halation Effect, preceded by the USS Ethics Gradient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1304
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    7,155 Posts
    I usually name my ships after classic literary characters, eg. the USS Lestrade and the USS Moriarti.

25. Post #1305
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,581 Posts
    Finally got Rear Admiral, love the Star Cruiser, and once its fully loaded up, the U.S.S. Sun will be ready to roll with the best of the FP fleet, farthest I've ever gotten in an MMO, love this game.
    Haha, U.S.S. Sun was the name that came with my Odyssey when I got it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

26. Post #1306
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,937 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

27. Post #1307
    June 2010
    185 Posts
    C-store update tomorrow

Yellowstone class Runabout

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2887

28. Post #1308
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    C-store update tomorrow

Yellowstone class Runabout

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2887
    Tempting with my stipend, but not enough missions use shuttles, and once you reach the endgame all ships that aren't of the tier are basically useless.

29. Post #1309
    Lemons in Bulk
    May 2005
    4,916 Posts
    I usually name my ships after classic literary characters, eg. the USS Lestrade and the USS Moriarti.
    I name mine either from the list of Culture ship names, or after TVtropes pages.

Can someone explain to me the purpose of those small craft? What are they used for exactly?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

30. Post #1310
    June 2010
    185 Posts
    barely anything

the mission "The Vault" is the only use for them right now, but the next FE is a shuttle mission.

There was a shuttle daily that let you craft the delta flyer, but when the game went f2p it was removed I believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1311
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,098 Posts
    What is that from? The image on the right I mean. Looks like it's still on a Star Trek set or something.

32. Post #1312
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,581 Posts
    Probably a behind the scenes thing

Edited:

the STO servers are so slow that the game isn't even patching for me, it got the 54% and stopped, restarting doesn't work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1313
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,896 Posts
    What is this new Assignment Chains thing in the Duty Officers menu and how do I do them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

34. Post #1314
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,937 Posts
    What is that from? The image on the right I mean. Looks like it's still on a Star Trek set or something.
    No sure, I never remember an episode of TNG with Dorn not being Worf.

35. Post #1315
    Neigh
    June 2007
    28,548 Posts
    It's from the extra features on the Season 7 DVD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

36. Post #1316
    June 2010
    185 Posts
    wow the new shuttle's special engine isn't bound so people are already selling them on the exchange.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1317
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,581 Posts
    I'm assuming thats a bug.

Edited:

new Friday Screenshot

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

38. Post #1318
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,495 Posts
    No sure, I never remember an episode of TNG with Dorn not being Worf.
    He played a human character in an episode of Deep Space Nine (actually playing Worf in human form as part of a vision from the Prophets) and played Worf's grandfather, Colonel Worf, in Star Trek VI (my favorite Star Trek movie).

Edited:

Oh, you said TNG. Nevermind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #1319
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    1,349 Posts
    Downloading now. Probably not the best idea after having failed my prelims but hey, Klingons man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #1320
    I Love Gaylo 4
    April 2006
    9,937 Posts
    He played a human character in an episode of Deep Space Nine (actually playing Worf in human form as part of a vision from the Prophets) and played Worf's grandfather, Colonel Worf, in Star Trek VI (my favorite Star Trek movie).

Edited:

Oh, you said TNG. Nevermind.

Yeah, but that is the Observation Lounge on the Enterprise behind him, now that I look at it more, it was without the green screen effects.

/superstartreknerd