1. Post #1
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    What is Erepublik?

Erepublik is a global politics, war, economy, and society simulation.
    You can run for president, be a congressman, start a company, fight in wars, be a media tycoon, or an asshat to foreigners.
    The best part about this game is that a LARGE majority of players in each country are actually ethnically from that country.
    This opens a whole new potential for trolling and griefing (Atajerk, for those who get the reference).
    Many large internet communities have played this game at once time, from Dio Brando's /v/akistan to the Goons' Rush.

How do I join?

If you want to be cool toward another Fp'er use this link:

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/Gilles+Garnier

n00b guide:

USA and Canada have been almost all conquered by a foreign allied force called PEACE Gc.
    So if you join these countries you might end up in Hungary,Iran,Russia or France controlled states or provinces

Go to the Human Resource page and join any 0-skill company t) Just join any company that doesn't already have the "max productivity" amount of workers (click the company page to check).

I'm a sweatshop worker at last! Now what?

Make sure to WORK AND TRAIN EVERY DAY! This gives you EXP and will get you closer to level 6! To train, go up to the "my places" tab and click "army". To work, click "company" in the same my places tab.

I got all that, but is that all?

For initial newbies, yes. However, feel free to browse the media section looking at news from all over the world. Likewise, you can post in the forum.
    A lot of the game's depth comes from international politics/relations via the media/forum/outside forums (like this one), so feel free to delve right in!

I hope we can bring in another 100 players like last time!

We do not have a goal right now, but if some of you are playing the game right now and have an agenda we could all strive for, just post your ideas.

If you join, it's a good idea to tell !

Inspired upon an older thread by Private.ryan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    bumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    Remove the referrer now.

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    9,927 Posts
    XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    Wow.

ANYWAY, just made an account.

6. Post #6
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Wow...
    Jobs are hard to figure out.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,671 Posts
    I've been on for a LONG time, already have 11 or so Brawn and 7.10 or so in a job.

Only problem is, Germany is dying and America was conquered by Indonesia and Portugal (using a gold exploit and some other glitches.)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,219 Posts
    Already a thread.

However, I'm Mark Wahlberg in-game, I have been really active in Germany since the revolution, wrote the wiki, served as congressman, finally Minister of Interior, but after Germany started getting royally fucked a few weeks ago by Poland I just fell out of activity.

I still work and train, but I'm going to wait until I'm motivated again to play actively.

9. Post #9
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Canuhearme ? America was conquered fair and square without any glitch lol.

ruskie attacked the west coast by alaska and purged you down hard...
    you took canada with you though.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,671 Posts
    canuhearme ? America was conquered fair and square without any glitch lol.

Ruskie attacked the west coast by alaska and purged you down hard...
    You took canada with you though.
    :911:

11. Post #11
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Alot of people hear and share these tears.

One day, USA will be back on its feet

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,135 Posts
    Only in a game could Portugal and Indonesia conquer America (and I'm Portuguese)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,298 Posts
    Oh wow. I tought FP had forgotten about eRepublik. Still going with my character (Portuguese like me) and I'm kicking american ass over at South Carolina.

14. Post #14
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Only in a game could Portugal and Indonesia conquer America (and I'm Portuguese)
    That's the point

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,298 Posts
    No, actually USA is about to vanish, like Switzerland. It's economy is in wrecks. Out of the 1900 companies they have lost about 1100(by losing territory, territory which has the biggest ammount of resources). Also lost 20% of population (those who stayed in the conquered areas). This led to overpopulation and a sharp rise in unemployement. The average wage is now of 2USD. Yep... Pretty much fucked. Sorry.
    Yay for reading the news and knowing the numbers. It's gonna be the perfect eWorld without them.

16. Post #16
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Vronkio who are you contradicting here, because I don't know...

Also, I hope PEACE crumbles, just like ATLANTIS

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,298 Posts
    USA keeps getting raped! They denied the peace proposal that was offered to them. Oh well.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    Everyone should join Peru because Peru is the best.

19. Post #19
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Our president in eRepublik is fucking stupid. Goddamn.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    Our president in eRepublik is fucking stupid. Goddamn.
    Emerick is great

21. Post #21
    October 2008
    7,972 Posts
    Emerick is great
    As far as I can see, my state has been conquered by Portugal and about 8 states still belong to the US still, and they refused the peace treaty thing.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    As far as I can see, my state has been conquered by Portugal and about 8 states still belong to the US still, and they refused the peace treaty thing.
    lol

The only peace treaty that ever even existed was the one that the one written by that dumbass in the umbrella party that got leaked, so he got fired from the cabinet.

PEACE doesn't want your surrender, they just want you off the map.

Also, Emerick doesn't have anything to do with your shitastic army.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,103 Posts
    You're very late. Last April/May, Pvt. Ryan collected a few hundred Facepunchers and pretty much dominated part of eRepublik - using our force to set up one of the largest eCompanies (hurf) in the eWorld (durf) and later liberating eGermany (hurr) with a series of resistance wars mostly funded by us.

I think a lot of Facepunchers got into the game because of that exciting planning and military revolution. Now, the entire eWorld (durr) is extremely unstable, so radical movements like that aren't noticed as much. The biggest problem is the nationalism - people instinctively defend or do anything for their own country in real life. It's nice to have diversity, but often times nationalism is taken too far. There's a lot of racism and all of the nationalism just makes the game bland and gloomy.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    808 Posts
    Wow Lazor, didn't realize you were active here. But yeah, Peru is pretty sweet guys. The president was banned from Facepunch, that's how awesome we are.

Edit: Man do I love boxen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    1,298 Posts
    Who the fuck is rating everyone box?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2008
    125 Posts
    I'm pissed, Pennsylvania was apparently conquered by Russia in the two days I was logged off, and I went from around $120, to zero of the Russian currency. I can't buy fucking food or anything now.

27. Post #27
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,294 Posts
    I just joined this a couple days ago, and American is back in action! Fuck ya! :patriot:

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,670 Posts
    I joined and the first thing that popped up was "pay 15$ to unlock teh awesoom feeturs "
    So I closed my browser tab.

I hate them "pay to be better". Either pay from the beginning or don't charge anything at all.
    Sadly that's all today's browser games can come up, problem is, every browser game without it is going down.
    I think people want it that way. So they can be better by IRL money rather than spending time in a game.
    Sad that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,656 Posts
    My character died a long time ago. I made a new one a couple of months ago, but they're probably dead too. I stopped playing the first ime slowly because of lack of time, but second time round it was because they'd made it so you had to either play forever or pay to unlock most features.
    First time I had a semi-successful anti-government revolutionary newspaper running after just a week, now you need to be about level 7 and pay tons of game money to even start your own publication. By semi-successful I mean I had 12 subscribers, actually wrote real articles and had the president himself arguing with me about my negative portrayal of his good deeds, "Cowardly President pulls out of glorious war", "President continues to ignore serious problems of healthcare and housing".
    All that gone because I don't want to pay many, many pounds. If you live in a lower class it is impossible to survive a vertain number of months without buying a health boost pack with real money.

30. Post #30
    February 2009
    25,294 Posts
    My character died a long time ago. I made a new one a couple of months ago, but they're probably dead too. I stopped playing the first ime slowly because of lack of time, but second time round it was because they'd made it so you had to either play forever or pay to unlock most features.
    First time I had a semi-successful anti-government revolutionary newspaper running after just a week, now you need to be about level 7 and pay tons of game money to even start your own publication. By semi-successful I mean I had 12 subscribers, actually wrote real articles and had the president himself arguing with me about my negative portrayal of his good deeds, "Cowardly President pulls out of glorious war", "President continues to ignore serious problems of healthcare and housing"
    It's aiming to be more realistic. In reality, you need to pay "tons of money" to get published.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    7,656 Posts
    I'm less bothered by that than with the level system, the draw of this for me was being able to make a difference in society without 'grinding' work for a month or two. Heck, I don't even think you can vote before a certain level. Or is that just joining a party?

JI'll make a new guy anyway, any particular country?

Peru, in honour of that HOI3 AAR!

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    702 Posts
    I joined and the first thing that popped up was "pay 15$ to unlock teh awesoom feeturs "
    So I closed my browser tab.

I hate them "pay to be better". Either pay from the beginning or don't charge anything at all.
    Sadly that's all today's browser games can come up, problem is, every browser game without it is going down.
    I think people want it that way. So they can be better by IRL money rather than spending time in a game.
    Sad that is.
    It's not pay to be better it's pay to unlock features early. The only pay features are more message inbox space, inventory slots and shouts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    May 2009
    1,130 Posts
    lol, when i was playing in czechloslovakia way back in like, march, i actually dreamed of immigrating to the US. but i never had enough money. :C

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    702 Posts
    If you sign-up using my link I'll give you half of the five gold I get for inviting you. You need to get to level 6 to get the gold. Canada needs more people.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/TCL987

Edited:

It's aiming to be more realistic. In reality, you need to pay "tons of money" to get published.
    It is 2 gold. You get 5 gold for signing up and getting to level 6.

35. Post #35
    February 2009
    25,294 Posts
    If you sign-up using my link I'll give you half of the five gold I get for inviting you. You need to get to level 6 to get the gold. Canada needs more people.

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/TCL987

Edited:

It is 2 gold. You get 5 gold for signing up and getting to level 6.
    I just checked and it told me I need to be leve 8, and I never got any gold for signing up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    July 2007
    778 Posts
    Necropostis !

Anybody still play this game ?
    We could reorganize that would be fun.

Who rated me funny :( I'm being serious !
    and then dumb..

Nobody thinks it would be awesome to see us back on the map ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    808 Posts
    I've just been playing eRep to make in-game money these days. I'm getting close to 80g at this point.

I've also been playing for a little over a year now. If anyone needs any in-game help just message me on eRep. The name is Arwin.