1. Post #1
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    This is not a adv dup!
    It's a scripted helicopter vehicle!

Check the video!

Here is also some pics.
    http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3472/71353182.jpghttp://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6298/44927236.jpgThis helicopter vehicle is a lot better than the other helicopter ents on garrysmod.org!

Four players can use the helicopter at the same time (pilot, copilot, 2 passengers).
    You can give the weapon controls to your copilot.
    You have three different weapons.
    The helicopter can sense if a RPG missile is nearby.
    The helicopter takes damage.

Weapons:
    Turret: Aim with the laser, the turrets angles are limited.
    Missiles: Four missiles will be launched rapidly, they will go straight forward. They don't do much [b]damage but the explosion radius is big.
    Laser guided missiles: Aim with the laser, it works like the rpg weapon. Deals more damage than the usual missiles but it takes a long time for it to reload.

[release]
    Controls

WASD: movement.
    JUMP: Go up.
    WALK (move slowly): Go down.
    SPRINT: Give weapon controls to copilot/ take back weapon controls.
    PRIMARY FIRE: Use your current weapon.
    SECONDARY FIRE: Cycle between your weapons.
    SUIT ZOOM: Swap seat in the helicopter.
    [/release]

NEW Update

SERVER FIX

Credits
    Sakarias88
    chl0407 (models)
    Zoey/Wizey! (MP beta testing)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Useful x 84Friendly x 12Artistic x 12Optimistic x 3Agree x 2Funny x 2Lua King x 2Late x 1Dumb x 1Informative x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2009
    135 Posts
    Love it so mutch 10/10!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 11Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    September 2008
    312 Posts
    Hey wait a minute, what do you mean your last release!?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Hey wait a minute, what do you mean your last release!?
    Will probably not have time to make more things. :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2009
    135 Posts
    aaw :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

6. Post #6
    Jvs
    PENISCorp's First Employee
    June 2009
    1,574 Posts
    O.M.F.G
    4 Seats? Get to the choppaaaah.
    This is awesome sakarias,wait,last release? you break my heart :(
    So you will never get back to scripting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    O.M.F.G
    4 Seats? Get to the choppaaaah.
    This is awesome sakarias,wait,last release? you break my heart :(
    So you will never get back to scripting?
    It's hard to tell.
    It's not that I don't like garrysmod or facepunch, i just won't have time since I have already started studying on a new school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,101 Posts
    This looks fascinating. Looks like I picked the wrong week to break GMod. I've got this bad feeling that it's going to get broken forever because of some update, though.

A few questions:

Can co-pilots give wepon controls back to the pilot?
    Does CTRL put you in a third-person view like normal vehicles? If so, is it useful for piloting?
    Have you tested it in multiplayer?
    Would you consider turning this into a SENT base so we can have more helicopters (like the HL2 combine one, the hl1 apache, the l4d one, etc - some can be just transport)

Finally, I'd like to thank you a lot for using .mp3 sounds instead of .wav files. This'll put a lot less stress on the clients who have to download all of these files.
    Also, you made a wonderful, well-paced introduction video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    This looks fascinating. Looks like I picked the wrong week to break GMod. I've got this bad feeling that it's going to get broken forever because of some update, though.

A few questions:

Does CTRL put you in a third-person view like normal vehicles? If so, is it useful for piloting?
    Would you consider turning this into a SENT base so we can have more helicopters (like the HL2 combine one, the hl1 apache, the l4d one, etc - some can be just transport)

Finally, I'd like to thank you a lot for using .mp3 sounds instead of .wav files. This'll put a lot less stress on the clients who have to download all of these files.
    Also, you made a wonderful, well-paced introduction video.

I'm afraid they can't.

Yes and there is no known bugs at the moment.
    If someone find bugs I think I will have time to fix them.

The models aren't the same "type". The difference is that this helicopter is built on different props and the HL2 combine is only one prop (don't know about the hl1 apache and the l4d one but they are probably the same type as the hl2 combine).
    So the answer will be no. =[

10. Post #10
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,131 Posts
    This will probably be the last thing I release so enjoy! :D
    :crying:
    But this Helicopter is just awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    A friend and myself have recently made a Huey heli VERY similar to this... only with an animated model and a machine gun placement on the front. I can't belive how similar it is. :O Nice work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    Yay! Hurray for helping test =3, Nice job sakarias.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2008
    125 Posts
    Magnum opus?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    Magnum opus?
    If it's not Engine mod it's probably this heli.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    BOUGHT A DRAGON DILDO X
    December 2007
    1,050 Posts
    Best helicopter in gmod!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Switzerland Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2008
    190 Posts
    Impressed with the Sound samples for the cockpit. Very realistic. Ive actually flown one of these IRL, my dads a pilot.

Ill give it a go later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2009
    374 Posts
    Very nice. Im going to miss your great things you have made sakarias. Thank you !!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    January 2008
    58 Posts
    Holy Shit, Wow, Just awesome, now all we need is an Blackhawk Helicopter and we can make a Blackhawk Down Machinima!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    July 2009
    25 Posts
    Bloody fantastic great for rp so the police can actually take control of mingebags and blast them!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Formerly Shotgunguy49
    July 2008
    4,459 Posts
    Awesome work as always.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    :aaaaa: amazing i love it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2008
    1,098 Posts
    I was just playing ArmA 2, supporting in a Cobra, next thing I know, I see this.
    Great timing, and great work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    F T
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,511 Posts
    So is there any real way to replace the helicopter model?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    April 2009
    19,498 Posts
    Well, I know this may be your last, but. Could you apply this to some other helicopters? We Shall miss you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    December 2008
    385 Posts
    Awesome!

Fucking awesome!

Too bad it's your last addon :( We will miss your epicness!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,904 Posts
    I think you should add something so the npcs recognize you in the helicopter, and a way to start it (Maybe ALT?) to start it instead of it automatically starting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2007
    4,091 Posts
    good work, maybe it'll be added to the vehicles you can buy in perp, for like 500,000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    JDB
    July 2007
    2,846 Posts
    Quick make more!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member

June 2007
    5,036 Posts
    I love it. Downloading :3:

Edited:

Now all we need is a (motor)bike and I'm happy :3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2007
    758 Posts
    Oh my god I just came. Downloading.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    492 Posts
    Woah, awesome vehicle.

Can you weld stuff on it without screwing it up?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    3,013 Posts
    Friggin' awesome, I Love it!

Also,

NNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    Not Sakarias! Who will make us all these awesome SEnts in the future ;-;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    December 2008
    54 Posts
    This is beautiful I hope to see more helicopters in the future or even working jets! :V Oh the provability's are endless! Another god for mods!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,592 Posts
    :bravo:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2009
    59 Posts
    Omg!

Please make moar of these, make a huey, a cobra or even Jets!!!

don't leave us now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    September 2008
    11 Posts
    You win.

Wait, what? You're leaving?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,878 Posts
    Nice job Sakarias88. Sucks that you may not have much time in the future to make more things but that is life.

One question, since the script uses three model pieces (ignoring the aitboat seat) to construct the helicopter. Would it be possible to replace the ones currently used with other models? I know for sure things would look messed up but where is the fun in learning when there is nothing to fix?

Other than being a good addon for fun, I see it as a good way to see how its coded and what not. With your permission of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2008
    49 Posts
    It's freaking awesome for the last release. As for the future releases, finish all RL shit first and then, when and if you have some free time, make more awesome stuff. Also, good luck at school.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Croatia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    May 2009
    56 Posts
    Sakarias can you somehow add a spot light to the helicopter ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #40
    August 2007
    1 Posts
    I put it into addons and I still don't get the sounds. I get the rocket sounds, and the rocket reload sound, but that's about it. I also put the sound in garrysmod/garrysmod, but still nothin'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Reading Bad Reading x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)