1. Post #41
    January 2008
    38 Posts
    Sexiest thing Ive seen in a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Bahrain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    April 2009
    729 Posts
    Who needs school? Work for valve and make a lot of money off of Half-Life 2 episode 3! You know how many people will buy that! I'm sure that would make the next episode twice as good =3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 4Optimistic x 3Disagree x 1Informative x 1Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    I'm going to make a fly over of GMod maps with this. thank you so much sakarias :)

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,713 Posts
    too bad you can't strave with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    100% Homemade
    September 2007
    8,316 Posts
    I wish 'go down' was control
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46
    November 2007
    2 Posts
    bail out v1.3 working ????

Downloading....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

7. Post #47
    Dennab
    August 2006
    296 Posts
    Could you make it so NPCs don't ignore the Helicopter so I could have some fun battles against an army?

(User was permabanned for this post ("Breaking rules on an alt" - mahalis))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

8. Post #48
    August 2007
    57 Posts
    I found a bug in multiplayer D:
    When I get in the helicopter and wait for it to start, but I can't go up for some reason.
    I tried reinstalling it but it still didn't work.

Please help.

9. Post #49
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    I found a bug in multiplayer D:
    When I get in the helicopter and wait for it to start, but I can't go up for some reason.
    I tried reinstalling it but it still didn't work.

Please help.
    Is it frozen with the physgun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50
    August 2007
    57 Posts
    Is it frozen with the physgun?
    No.

11. Post #51
    February 2008
    134 Posts
    Why does the laser not even point were my mouse is aiming? am i missing somthing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

12. Post #52
    August 2007
    57 Posts
    Why does the laser not even point were my mouse is aiming? am i missing somthing?
    Are you trying to point all the way up?
    If you are than you can't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    I'm getting some multiplayer errors. I have nothing else on this server besides maps. and I get this error (lua error on top)

Code:
    Folder	=	entities/sent_laserguidedmissile
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_laserguidedmissile - the Type field is empty!
    Folder	=	entities/sent_notargetmissile
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_notargetmissile - the Type field is empty!
    Folder	=	entities/sent_sakariashelicopter
    AdminSpawnable	=	true
    Spawnable	=	true
    Initialize	=	function: 036285C8
    OnRestore	=	function: 036285F8
    Think	=	function: 036285E0
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_sakariashelicopter - the Type field is empty!

14. Post #54
    February 2008
    134 Posts
    Are you trying to point all the way up?
    If you are than you can't.
    No im just trying to point straight. The laser isnt even close. Its wayyy off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    October 2007
    37 Posts
    omg nice work, could u make a black hawk please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Useful Useful x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    My hat goes off to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #57
    May 2009
    51 Posts
    No im just trying to point straight. The laser isnt even close. Its wayyy off
    I don't see a laser on mine at all, though that could possibly at this time be due to one of my 100+ addons I have. I'll try it in a bit on a GM that's essentially clean.

The only other "problem" I can think of is that lag messes up the running sound, where the sound plays, a pause, and then the sound plays again. On maps where I get no lag, the sound is fine. With no knowledge of anything, I would say that the sound is called every certain amount of time, and the lag slows down that time, so the next sound comes late. Any possible way to make the sound lag-proof?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

18. Post #58
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    Still seeing if I could convince CHL to do some more models, like KA50, AH-6 or hind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Deviantart Appreciation Station's Finest
    April 2009
    19,513 Posts
    Who keeps giving us boxes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    May 2009
    51 Posts
    Yup, the addons stole my laser sight. Oh, well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,535 Posts
    Once again, another marvelous creation by the great Sakarias88.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    July 2005
    89 Posts
    This is quite obviously made by a 13 year old due to the spelling and his unrealistic view of physics by calling it "realistic flight".

Play FSX to see far more realistic helicopter flying.

This is neat though, but as it's a lua created SENT it's sure to lag any MP server due to the high bandwidth needs of custom vehicles/movement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 32Disagree x 9Agree x 2Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    January 2009
    22 Posts
    Once again, another marvelous work from Sakarias! =)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    One question, since the script uses three model pieces (ignoring the aitboat seat) to construct the helicopter. Would it be possible to replace the ones currently used with other models? I know for sure things would look messed up but where is the fun in learning when there is nothing to fix?
    Yes you could replace the models but you will have to adjust where the models should spawn (probably also the angles).

I put it into addons and I still don't get the sounds. I get the rocket sounds, and the rocket reload sound, but that's about it. I also put the sound in garrysmod/garrysmod, but still nothin'.
    Remove the addon, redownload and reinstall.

too bad you can't strave with it.
    It's not hard to make it do that it's just that imagine holding one hand on wasd and one on the mouse, you would need a third hand for strafe.
    So I made A and D both turn the helicopter and make it go a little bit sideways.

I wish 'go down' was control
    Mine is. I just changed the key bindings. :P

It's because it's actually the helicopter that's aiming the laser. If the helicopter moves the laser will move with it.

I'm getting some multiplayer errors. I have nothing else on this server besides maps. and I get this error (lua error on top)

Code:
    Folder	=	entities/sent_laserguidedmissile
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_laserguidedmissile - the Type field is empty!
    Folder	=	entities/sent_notargetmissile
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_notargetmissile - the Type field is empty!
    Folder	=	entities/sent_sakariashelicopter
    AdminSpawnable	=	true
    Spawnable	=	true
    Initialize	=	function: 036285C8
    OnRestore	=	function: 036285F8
    Think	=	function: 036285E0
    Couldn't register Scripted Entity sent_sakariashelicopter - the Type field is empty!
    The error says that all the entities are really fucked up and you can't use them (can't spawn them).
    That's very odd because I have never seen these errors in MP.
    Are you sure you haven't edited the files?

This is quite obviously made by a 13 year old due to the spelling and his unrealistic view of physics by calling it "realistic flight".

You have a seeming inability to control your cantankerousness!
    Do you think one man made the helicopter in FSX? Do you think FSX and Gmod uses the same physics engine? FSX isn't the first flight simulator they made, they started working on the first flight simulator in 1977. FSX isn't free but this addon is.
    Compare this helicopter with the other ones on garrysmod.org and you will notice a huge difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,681 Posts
    I have found no problems with this. It conflicts with nothing. It works very smoothly with everything and I've had like 7 at once and the lag wasn't even noticeable.

This is neat though, but as it's a lua created SENT it's sure to lag any MP server due to the high bandwidth needs of custom vehicles/movement
    Due to? Okay, so you're saying "bad spelling" and "unrealistic view of physics" causes people to be 13? Like Sakarias said, FSX is a game based specifically around being a sim, while GMod's physics engine is more of "you get what you see". He's not going to be able to replicate it, and I'm sure he doesn't aim to, it's obviously a bit of an unrealistic goal.

Also, no - read above. Unless your server sucks massive cock, it's not gonna lag at all until you've got like 10+ of them, then it might be a bit noticeable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    July 2009
    2,314 Posts
    Holy motherfucking balls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    April 2009
    2,350 Posts
    two words F*CKING AWSOME!!!!!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    January 2008
    1,847 Posts
    Yes you could replace the models but you will have to adjust where the models should spawn (probably also the angles).

Remove the addon, redownload and reinstall.

It's not hard to make it do that it's just that imagine holding one hand on wasd and one on the mouse, you would need a third hand for strafe.
    So I made A and D both turn the helicopter and make it go a little bit sideways.

Mine is. I just changed the key bindings. :P

It's because it's actually the helicopter that's aiming the laser. If the helicopter moves the laser will move with it.

The error says that all the entities are really fucked up and you can't use them (can't spawn them).
    That's very odd because I have never seen these errors in MP.
    Are you sure you haven't edited the files?

You have a seeming inability to control your cantankerousness!
    Do you think one man made the helicopter in FSX? Do you think FSX and Gmod uses the same physics engine? FSX isn't the first flight simulator they made, they started working on the first flight simulator in 1977. FSX isn't free but this addon is.
    Compare this helicopter with the other ones on garrysmod.org and you will notice a huge difference.
    hmmm, is it possible for gcombat weapons to replace the weapons? It makes it a little more realistic.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    Aw man Sakarias88,this can't be your last release...:/
    Anyways,you got my download (: Great helicopter : D
    Erm,BTW Can You PM me Your Steam?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #70
    May 2005
    291 Posts
    What a grand finale from a great coder! Good luck with your studies, hope you check in here from time to time and give us some teasers of any future ideas! That's right, once a coder always a coder. Unless you grow hair on unthinkable places and start chasing girls, thus losing all interest. ;P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Resi wouldn't listen to me so he gave me a title about how I make love to cartoon midget horses. <3
    October 2008
    1,767 Posts
    Wow thatīs great i vote it artistic!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    December 2008
    19 Posts
    Could you make a edit on it so crouch would make it go down instead of the walk key. Sorry if someone else put this idea down but I didn't have time to go through the whole thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Im pretty sure you can edit the lua code. I heard that there is some part binding the key
    IN_WALK is the Walk key
    IN_CROUCH is crouch
    Im 85% sure of this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #74
    May 2009
    3,299 Posts
    Im downloading this now i canot wait to use this. Only thing is my gmod randomly crashes when i open q menu. But after about 5 times of reloading gmod it should work lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

35. Post #75
    July 2007
    33 Posts
    Realy good mod i've been waiting for something like this. Are you going to make more models?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    13,752 Posts
    Hey Sakarias, the only two things I want are a fourth weapon which would basically be a spotlight you can aim and strafing, which the way I see it, just set Ctrl to switch it between Strafing and steering or set Ctrl to down and Alt to switch them out. This wouldn't be exceptionally hard, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    August 2009
    135 Posts

ur the fucking 13 year old becasue you can't do this and you got a LUA icon so shut the fuck up and let him do what he want and your luas sucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 4Bad Reading Bad Reading x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #78
    March 2008
    34 Posts
    Oh my god this is the most addon ever, I have always wanted a proper helicopter vehicle in Garry's Mod and as soon as I saw I almost screamed in joy! This is pure awesomeness! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,132 Posts
    Hey Sakarias, the only two things I want are a fourth weapon which would basically be a spotlight you can aim and strafing, which the way I see it, just set Ctrl to switch it between Strafing and steering or set Ctrl to down and Alt to switch them out. This wouldn't be exceptionally hard, right?

I fully agree, a Spotlight(toogleable with R or something), bind down to CTRL (Because is binded at BailOut D:)

40. Post #80
    Needs two side mounted guns!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)