1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,340 Posts

Had this idea for ages, finally decided to do it after seeing the other thread. Also allowed me to figure out the demo smoother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 17Dumb Dumb x 12Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member

November 2008
    10,934 Posts
    camera work fucking sucked, fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,340 Posts
    No man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    4,954 Posts
    Yeah borealis whoopie! most of episode 3 won't be in borealis it will be going to it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,982 Posts
    Nah, didn't feel it :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,340 Posts
    Rate box if you liked it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2008
    378 Posts
    Doesn't make sense though because    Eli is dead, so why would he have stuff to tell?   

I think i missed the point

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,855 Posts
    Doesn't make sense though because    Eli is dead, so why would he have stuff to tell?   

maybe eli had something valuable and that's why they killed him? Kind of like why they wanted alyx dead.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,340 Posts

That's what he said at the end of Episode Two, I just played it over this, so it suggests that you're going to find out loadsa shit in Ep3.

10. Post #10
    July 2009
    2,716 Posts
    Nice job

11. Post #11
    July 2008
    659 Posts
    it wasn't good.

it was just a camera smoothed scene with a sound file played over it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    2,364 Posts
    also, the way the camera stopped was awkward
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,203 Posts
    I have to say the line was ominous with a nice pan over the Borealis. I have to say good job, though it's REALLY simple, it'd be nice as a teaser.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,023 Posts
    pretty good video

15. Post #15
    Board of Directors Flux-Craft International
    April 2009
    328 Posts
    maybe eli had something valuable and that's why they killed him? Kind of like why they wanted alyx dead.
    Eli knew EVERYTHING ABOUT the resistance

Alex is a haxer and helps gordon freeman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,003 Posts
    What's the Borealis?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    11,203 Posts
    What's the Borealis?
    It's the fucking ship.
    That belongs to Aperture Science from Portal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

November 2007
    68 Posts
    Why can't people just stop making these? They're everywhere and none of them are really convincing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,698 Posts
    Meh. It was decent, but needs a bit better camera work. Nice try.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,058 Posts
    Simple yet quality, camera needed work and I was hoping for another scene but it's fanmade so I see why. Nice going, have a paintbrush or whatever.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    724 Posts
    Why can't people just stop making these? They're everywhere and none of them are really convincing.
    Because people can only wish EP3 will come out. We know it never will, so it's kinda pointless to make "teasers"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,710 Posts
    Could have used 2 or 3 more angles showing off different parts of the ship.

Also, don't stop the camera then fade out, fade out while the camera still moves. If you must stop the camera before fading out, smoothly slow it down to a stop.

23. Post #23
    May 2008
    130 Posts
    I love it, Short, simple and just mysterious. You did a great job. People are just finding stuff to pick at.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    978 Posts
    It was laggy and the "Episode Three" -zoom-in looked odd because you used image, not text.

But still a nice vid, you're Artistic.

25. Post #25
    October 2008
    489 Posts
    It's the fucking ship.
    fucking ship? What's wrong with normal ships?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,340 Posts
    Could have used 2 or 3 more angles showing off different parts of the ship.
    I couldn't because half the ship is see-through :S

If you must stop the camera before fading out, smoothly slow it down to a stop.
    That's what was meant to happen but demo smoother hates me.

It was meant to be longer but Eli didn't talk enough.