1. Post #1
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    This Helicopter has been in development by Lifecell and myself for a while now.
    It's a fully functional Huey developed to be as realistic as we could make it.
    It is still in development and new features and improvements will be implemented over time.

If your downloading via SVN get both the Air vehicles system and the Huey svn.
    Download
    SVN- [release]https://gmod-avehicles.svn.sourcefor...ehicles System Both SVN's are required.
    http://developers-rotor-bucket.googl.../aVehicle_Huey[/release]

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7624/gmatomic0048.jpg

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/283/gmatomic0047.jpg

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3412/gmatomic0022.jpg

Upon pushing use on the Huey you will be greeted by a display of gadgets (HUD), mostly for asthetics but they do work, including a compass .

Controls.

[release]Bind your own controls via this Console command "AVehicles_vgui_keys"

Pushing R starts the engine.

Pushing W will tilt the Huey forwards causing the Heli to travel forwards at a speed directly proportional to how much throttle you apply.

Pushing S will tilt the Huey Backwards in much the same way as the Huey travels forwards.

Pushing SPACE Increases the ammount of lift/power. Tapping this key is a great way to achieve a smooth take off.

Pushing CTRL Decreases the ammount of lift/power. Use this in conjunction with SPACE to achieve and obtain a hover when level.

Pushing Q and E tilt the Huey to the left and right. this is usefull for adjusting and trimming when using all the other controls.

Pushing A and D turn the Heli left and right. Using this whilst the Huey is engaged in forward flight leaves the Heli at an awqward angle. Correct this with Q and E.

Pushing V will change the view.

Pushing X will make you exit the Heli.

MOUSE 1 Fires the turret.
    [/release]

CREDITS
    Lifcell - Most of the code.
    Me - HUD materials, Huey materials edit, Paying votekick to add animations to the Huey model.
    Votekick- adding animations to the Huey model.
    The Spike- For his original Huey model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Useful x 6Friendly x 1Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1Lua King x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2009
    127 Posts
    Not tooo make a pointless post; However the SVN for air vehicles is currently:

https://gmod-avehicles.svn.sourcefor...-avehicles/Air

Shouldn't it be

https://gmod-avehicles.svn.sourcefor...-avehicles/

?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    N0z
    August 2009
    277 Posts
    wow another flyable heli ? awesome!! keep up the good work!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    This looks amazing.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,795 Posts
    The HUD elements are brilliant!

6. Post #6
    August 2005
    98 Posts
    The second SVN site needs a username/password and it's not any of the usual obvious ones.

7. Post #7
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    The second SVN site needs a username/password and it's not any of the usual obvious ones.
    Humn, I'll sort it out later. For now download from Gmod.org :D

8. Post #8
    This looks incredible!, First Helicopter i've seen with a HUD that looks decent.

9. Post #9
    October 2008
    225 Posts
    Holy shit! Amazing! I love you.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    175 Posts
    Really need an SVN password

11. Post #11
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,172 Posts
    Really need an SVN password
    change https to http

12. Post #12
    Needs destructability!

13. Post #13
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Needs destructability!
    It has it...
    change https to http
    I'll edit that in the main post.

14. Post #14
    February 2009
    64 Posts
    how about we fly ur mom
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Dumb x 12Funny x 6Optimistic x 2Agree x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2007
    565 Posts
    Sweet, now we have something to compliment the Littlebird. :D

Would it be possible to make the mouse control pitch?

16. Post #16
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Sweet, now we have something to compliment the Littlebird. :D

Would it be possible to make the mouse control pitch?
    Yes, it would be possible.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,866 Posts
    You say it is destructible but i have tried with everything and it is still in one piece o_o I even tried to nuke it and nothing :x

Any answer ?

18. Post #18
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,136 Posts
    Its because it is incredibly strong. Get in and on the right, you'll see a little thing saying "Damage".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    N0z
    August 2009
    277 Posts
    how about we fly ur mom
    i fucking lol'd at that lawl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    You say it is destructible but i have tried with everything and it is still in one piece o_o I even tried to nuke it and nothing :x

Any answer ?
    Many settings including strength can be easily edited in aVehicle_Huey\lua\entities\avehicle_Huey\settings.
    If you want to make it blow up more easliy edit line "95 ENT.DamageSystem.HullMax = 9000" and change it to something like "95 ENT.DamageSystem.HullMax = 1000"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    N0z
    August 2009
    277 Posts
    Ok just downloaded it and had some fun with it but i realy hate the model for the turret ;/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Bestest polish IFAPer
    February 2007
    5,094 Posts
    I like it, even more than the other guy's heli, because of more "advanced" controls (strafing!). Though, the movement is too stiff.
    (and the turret prop does suck lol)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    Yea, the gun model can be changed really easily. Can anyone suggest a better model to use?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    7,507 Posts
    Yeah, the gun from the front of the jeep or airboat maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    N0z
    August 2009
    277 Posts
    Yea, the gun model can be changed really easily. Can anyone suggest a better model to use?
    get some one to make one for you :D

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,229 Posts
    Just use the airboat/choppah turret model.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    I love Lemon Punch
    January 2006
    1,268 Posts
    I think it's a bit stiff and predictable.
    Still a good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    14,136 Posts
    The weapons don't really work right, and they are almost impossible to aim. Sakarias's works nicely because it has its own laser aiming laser and moves smoothly. Also, the missiles don't change their firing angle with the helicopter, so even if you're pointed straight at the ground, they still fire to the front, instead of down at the ground. And you should really turn the default health down. From what I can tell without looking at the code, Sakarias's is at about 300 health. Yours however is at 9000, which takes an unbelievable time to work down normally. Between 300 and 500 would be perfect.

The controls, however, are wonderful, and I ultimately like them more than Sakarias's for the purposes of movement. Hovering is easier on Sakarias's, but moving is easier on yours. The hud does make control in general a lot easier though since you can monitor many aspects at once, with great accuracy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    August 2008
    1,147 Posts
    I think it's a bit stiff and predictable.
    Still a good job.
    That's what I found too when piloting the helicopter. It is too stiff and predictable. It's like when moving, it stays at a perfectly 45 degree angle. When you hover the helicopter is perfectly still compared to Sakarias's heli which IMO is a bad thing since you want the feeling that the person is in a helicopter and not a magical floating hoverboard. Even though it is a physical helicopter I think you added too much damping on the helicopter. When I fling it through the air it never changes it's angle unless hit by something which feels pretty dull. Fix these and I would be one happy camper!

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,766 Posts
    Combine gunship Turret gib?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    5,024 Posts
    I might fix up the model a little bit and maybe give it a better skin. The model is good, but I think it could use a better collision model and maybe some subdivision around the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    August 2007
    565 Posts
    After playing with this I have found that I like the MD-500 better.
    This heli seems too mechanical, like it's being hung there by a gantry or something.
    The lift system is VERY unrealistic; I think you are under the impression that a helicopter gets lift by increasing the RPM of the blades, in actuality the pitch of the blades change to create lift. Because of this, I've found it IMPOSSIBLE to hover, I'm either shooting at mach 5 in the air, or crashing into the ground.

Edit:

The model is good, but I think it could use a better collision model and maybe some subdivision around the front.
    The collision model is great, you can go inside ya' know. And all the front needs is some smoothing groups.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2008
    151 Posts
    Stop complaining and give me code that can help me better the flight physics. I like physics but I'm not that good at it yet. And Maths. So help us out, Garrysmod is all about working together or isn't it?

34. Post #34
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    I might fix up the model a little bit and maybe give it a better skin. The model is good, but I think it could use a better collision model and maybe some subdivision around the front.
    It would be great if you could fix the front smoothing, but the collision is fine...

Because of this, I've found it IMPOSSIBLE to hover, I'm either shooting at mach 5 in the air, or crashing into the ground.
    If you tap the up control untill the Heli begins to take off and tap the down when nessisary you will achieve a balenced flight. and the issue with the Heli seeming as though the RPM of the blades is increasing to gain lift will be fixed in due time :D

35. Post #35
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    I downloaded it and its a huge error

36. Post #36
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    I downloaded it and its a huge error
    Seems like the new Avehicles code has broken it, Should be fixed soon.

37. Post #37
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Seems like the new Avehicles code has broken it, Should be fixed soon.
    Ok I thought it was my computer

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    11,627 Posts
    This is better than that other Heli with the damn stupid controls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2008
    715 Posts
    i think you need to make a second copy of this with two side guns for two more players to use and make it more easy for team battles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    April 2008
    6 Posts
    I agree. Soften up the physics - hopefully someone around here knows how to really code that kind of stuff and will help you. The gun has a lot of potential, just needs a little work.

One thing I think would be sweet, though, is if you made the cabin so you could have people riding along inside (freely, not in seats) while you are flying around. I know you can currently go inside the chopper, but if you try to take off with your buddies in the back, they fall straight through the bottom of the model. Just think if you could be able to deposit and extract troops in a tight situation! It's always a hassle to weld a ton of seats into it in-game and you can't shoot your weapon if you do get into one.

To make all of this possible, wouldn't it just be some collision manipulation?