1. Post #41
    May 2008
    904 Posts
    When I turn sixteen I should buy a dune buggy, hire a welder, put on some plates, doors, makeshift windows, give it urban camo, and I got a monolith dune buggy.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    and mount a rotating machine gun that is detachable.
    airsoft machine gun btw.

3. Post #43
    May 2008
    904 Posts
    Nah, I'm going to have the passenger window fold down so the gunner can shoot, and so I don't get shot up in the middle of the feild.

4. Post #44
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    I'm working on the sunrise suit. Wouldn't a green chest rig, dark green sleeveless shirt, and thick brown belt work fine for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,962 Posts
    Possibly, pictures may help our opinion if you already own said items.

6. Post #46
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts

on my stalker-ish loadout. i should have picked a darker shirt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #47
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,962 Posts
    That's..

Very good, son..

Very good..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

8. Post #48
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    well, its a work in progress. i need to make a better bag, get a darker shirt, and color the mask black or grey.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    -NEWS FLASH: Dust masks arent gas masks, they dont even look like gas masks!

-Ive never seen padded messanger bags, tinted goggles, or green fashion vests in STALKER. Try again.

Im sorry, that just doesnt look like something out of STALKER, and would probably get you laughed at on most fields. I mean, what are you trying to imitate? Did you read the thread at all before posting that?

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    he must have used dem shrooms.

11. Post #51
    Facepunch Babysitter
    July 2009
    12,319 Posts

on my stalker-ish loadout. i should have picked a darker shirt.
    It's bad enough you have an anime avatar, but this is just pitiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    The fuck is that shit?

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    :froggonk: God fucking damn it.

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,023 Posts
    I want to get a gas mask, specifically a GP-5 or something similar, but I'm terrified of asbestos filters and such. Is there any way to tell if there's asbestos in a filter, or are those pretty much non existent now?

Edited:

Just did a little research and realized how dumb I am. I assume a Canadian C3 M69 would be safer?

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    I want to get a gas mask, specifically a GP-5 or something similar, but I'm terrified of asbestos filters and such. Is there any way to tell if there's asbestos in a filter, or are those pretty much non existent now?

Edited:

Just did a little research and realized how dumb I am. I assume a Canadian C3 M69 would be safer?
    ? asbestos causes cancer just as much as orange juice.
    really I have lived for 14 years in a house with asbestos insulation and many holes have been made in walls and such for remodeling and stuff, and I am not ill at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    Ok, working on a new loadout based on the stalkers from the begging of the game in the noob village. Only, instead of a ski mask, im going to wrap the bottom half of my face in ace bandages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    im going to wrap the bottom half of my face in ace bandages.
    What the fuck? WHY? Would it seriously be that hard to buy a 5 dollar balaclava? You're going to look like a retarded mummy.

And you best be havin' a brown anorak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    Ok, working on a new loadout based on the stalkers from the begging of the game in the noob village. Only, instead of a ski mask, im going to wrap the bottom half of my face in ace bandages.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
    that is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

19. Post #59
    July 2008
    338 Posts
    Do you even play the fuckin game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    Jesus fucking christ.

Just... Just stop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #61
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    1. I have the game.
    2. Actually, it is pretty tough to get a balaclava around here. All I can find around here is mossyoak and when a black one comes up it's sold before I get it. The last thing im ever gunna do is dump $20 on a bull shit tactical balaclava.
    3. I do have a brown anorak.

I thought that face masks and wraps are perfectly fine and sometimes preferable.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    1. I have the game.
    2. Actually, it is pretty tough to get a balaclava around here. All I can find around here is mossyoak and when a black one comes up it's sold before I get it. The last thing im ever gunna do is dump $20 on a bull shit tactical balaclava.
    3. I do have a brown anorak.

I thought that face masks and wraps are perfectly fine and sometimes preferable.
    But using an Ace bandage is retarded. They arent even black. Seriously.

Just buy a balaclava online, there are plenty of high quality ones out there.

Hell, cutting up a tee shirt into a triangle and tying it like a bandana would even be better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #63
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    But using an Ace bandage is retarded. They arent even black. Seriously.

Just buy a balaclava online, there are plenty of high quality ones out there.

Hell, cutting up a tee shirt into a triangle and tying it like a bandana would even be better.
    Huh, I cant believe I never thought of that. Would my Charlie Scene bandanna work? lol jk

24. Post #64
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    I'd like to note:

The GP-5 Gasmask may be one of the most common, if not the most in the world. Created in huge amounts during the Cold War, Stockpiled in School and Hospital Basements for civilians in the event of war, after the fall of the wall the market was flooded with these. I own one, which was only $5 USD. They're a great, cheap mask for those on a budget, HOWEVER, they're not featured in STALKER so the presentation goes down a few points, and they're difficult to use when firing a weapon as the filter gets in the way.
    But if you have a look at the Snorks the gas mask that they wear looks like the GP-5...?
    But then again it looks alot like the NBC Ukrainian Gas Mask that i saw on Ebay... can't find a pic of it though.

Edited:

Cold War gas mask filters don't have asbestos in them... my PMG came with the standered filter and stuck on the side it said in Russian that it contained no asbestos, the same fillter comes with the GP-5 so I believe you would be ok.

Edit:
    Just asked the site where i bought my Gas Mask from, they said the don't containe asbestos... none after 1950's do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    Now with 100% less suck!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    Now with 100% less suck!

The gun is nice, the bandanna fits, my god you might have actually done semi well this time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Now with 100% less suck!

Indeed. Much less suck this time. Still doesnt look like something out of STALKER IMO.

My reason for that is that most lower ranking STALKERS (ones with the tan anoraks) had Sawn-off shotguns or pistols.

A black hoodie might do better since thats what Bandits wear, and they often had assualt rifles.

IE:

28. Post #68
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    I raided my grandparent's house the other day and found:
    Three army jackets from Nam (two regular and one raincoat)
    Two trench coats (one brown and the other black)
    Two leather jackets (one brown and the other black)
    A great idea for a godly Sunrise Suit.

Ill put together some more loadouts once I buy a gas mask.

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,753 Posts
    Oh god I lol'd at that guy in the video. Those eye holes...could they be a little smaller?

30. Post #70
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    Sucktastic MOLLE Sunrise Suit. sewed it together pretty bad...

That face is because i found some gum in my mouth of questionable origin...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,675 Posts
    um.. wat

32. Post #72
    November 2008
    1,139 Posts
    I cut up a $20 vest and sewed it together badly. I really should have made a better neck part for the vest.

33. Post #73
    I Fuckin' Love Ponies
    January 2007
    6,160 Posts
    It's a Corset to hide his Moobs...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    It's a Corset to hide his Moobs...
    I'm sorry but that is funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    1,413 Posts

Hey look a 12 year old!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts

Im sorry, thats just BAD. Like seriously.

-Vest doesnt look CLOSE to the actual thing, hell, it isnt even a vest, its a chest rig.
    -And the whole looking down slightly with the hood over your eyes thing doesnt help, it makes it look even more silly in fact.
    -Get 2 brown tactical belts, the two DRESS belts look rediculous: http://www.usshootingacademy.com/onl...act%20belt.jpg

And get a few ALICE pouches to attach to the sides, like in the game.

How to do the sunrise suit respirator:

-Get a dust respirator, paint it OD green:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...Respirator.jpg

-Get some Vacuum tubing, also paint it OD. Make this tubing go into you backpack, and the other end taped to the inside of the respirator (Dont plan on actually wearing it. Its a prop)
    http://www.cachebeauty.com/blades/cl...acuum_hose.jpg

That setup should make it look 100x better. Not perfect, but better.

That took me 10 minutes to conjure up and write. Come back when your setup isnt half-assed, and stop subjecting yourself to the mockings of this forum. Please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

37. Post #77
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,962 Posts
    You ruined a perfectly good vest D':

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    You ruined a perfectly good vest D':
    :crying:

39. Post #79
    Dennab
    September 2008
    710 Posts

just stop posting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    The gum excuse won't work because I know if you are pressing into your cheek both don't puff out.
    fail excuse is fail.