1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    I decided to make my own impression of a Stalker loadout. There is still some work to do on the loadout: My AK-47 and shotgun are on their way. The camping-mat thingy will be replaced by a WW2 bedroll. But I think you will know where I am going with this.

Updates will come soon.

Tell me what you think.

*Pics*
    Wow that looks awesome! I would think that would get pretty uncomfortable on a hot day though.

2. Post #242
    February 2010
    3 Posts
    It looks heavy to wear, but is is surprisingly light. It is impossible to run around with the mask on, but I am working for an alternative.

On a hot day, this would indeed be uncomfortable. Good thing we have bad weather in Belgium :)

3. Post #243
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    Well, if you plan on playing Airsoft with that thing, you really shouldn't be wearing a gas mask.

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Well, if you plan on playing Airsoft with that thing, you really shouldn't be wearing a gas mask.
    Agreed. Strap the mask to somewhere visible instead. Like on your pack?

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    Or drill a few holes in places for breathing.
    in places no one will see.
    Or have the hose attached to the mask bag with a hole in the bottom of the bag and the hose close to the hole allowing for better breathing.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Or drill a few holes in places for breathing.
    in places no one will see.
    Or have the hose attached to the mask bag with a hole in the bottom of the bag and the hose close to the hole allowing for better breathing.
    Or better yet, add a small computer fan to the end of that hose wired to a 9v battery. At least you'll get some air circulation. I've done this to paintball masks and it works moderately well.

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    Or better yet, add a small computer fan to the end of that hose wired to a 9v battery. At least you'll get some air circulation. I've done this to paintball masks and it works moderately well.
    This too.
    But it might give away your position due to noise if you are in a really quiet area.

8. Post #248
    CRUSHER OF DREAMS AND EATER OF SKITTLES
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    This too.
    But it might give away your position due to noise if you are in a really quiet area.
    I doubt this. But it being too noisy for you, and you not hearing someone could be a problem.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    Trust me, those small computer fans don't make much noise at all. If it's at the bottom of the hose you probably won't even hear it. I could barely hear mine and it was pretty much mounted at the top of the top of the goggles.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    I thought that you shouldn't play Airsoft in a gas mask in case the glass breaks? It wasn't just an issue with breathing was it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Philippines Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,757 Posts
    I thought that you shouldn't play Airsoft in a gas mask in case the glass breaks? It wasn't just an issue with breathing was it?
    Correct. I still don't recommend, but if you do I'm just suggesting you find a way to get air circulating in there. Last thing you want is to suffer from heat stroke on the field. Happened to me and let me tell it is not fun. You can't stand without feeling extremely dizzy and slightly nauseous. Pretty much you feel like crap for the rest of the day. This happened to me because I was playing in 90 degree heat and didn't drink water. All I had on was my German web gear, MICH helmet and some clone Bolle T-800 goggles. Just imagine what a gas mask would do to you.

12. Post #252
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Okay guys, I'm gonna put together one that I can actually play in.

Buying:
    CM 035 AK
    Black Respirator Mask (I have glasses (and I can't put in contacts), so I can't wear a normal mask) that I'll probably mod, like you guys have been suggesting, to allow normal breathing.

I already have:
    OE Tech Commando Chest rig
    A jacket that looks somewhat similar to this guy's (By somewhat similar, I mean that it's the same color and has a hood.)
    I believe I have a pack and some pouches like that I can scavenge.

The AK is out of stock at the moment, but I'm probably gonna buy the other stuff soon. I just wish I could find a nicer looking respirator/mask that doesn't fuck up my glasses or is 18 trillion dollars.
    I have a face mask that's a better shape, but it's an ugly white + blue color.

Edit:
    OH YEAH.
    I have an old faulty GPS to use as an artifact detector
    Doesn't really look like any of them, but whatever.

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,235 Posts
    You could do what I would do, take out the glass lenses from the gasmask and draw them out on paper a few times until you get it perfect. then cut it out and draw it on some high grade clear plastic, and cut those out, replace them in the place the lenes go and you are done.

14. Post #254
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Edit:
    OH YEAH.
    I have an old faulty GPS to use as an artifact detector
    Doesn't really look like any of them, but whatever.
    That sounds like a cool idea, have artifacts work like geochaches, lets just hope some poor guys don't wander on field looking for geocaches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #255
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    That sounds like a cool idea, have artifacts work like geochaches, lets just hope some poor guys don't wander on field looking for geocaches.
    I am now hosting a STALKER OP with artifacts that are located via GPS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    April 2009
    1,235 Posts
    I'd be up for that but there's one major thing in my way... the Fricking Atlantic Ocean :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    I am now hosting a STALKER OP with artifacts that are located via GPS.
    I love this idea.
    But what we'd really need to do is have something that only shows up when you're nearby. Some GPSes can be set to ping when you're near one, but those are more for driving, so it would ping too far away.

Possible (rough) idea:
    Have each squad of guys be from different factions, with different alliances.
    Bandits have to attack STALKERS, Duty has to attack Freedom, Monolith (if someone actually wanted to!) attacking everyone.
    Each group goes looking for artifacts, and try to collect the most. If you die, someone loots the artifact from you, either your team or another (if you're way far ahead, the enemy will probably get it, but if you die close by, your team can get it back.)

There's a lot you could do with a STALKER themed OP.

18. Post #258
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    I love this idea.
    But what we'd really need to do is have something that only shows up when you're nearby. Some GPSes can be set to ping when you're near one, but those are more for driving, so it would ping too far away.
    What I was gonna do is have the trader sell absolute coordinates to stashes containing food, bbs, medkits ect.

EDIT: Food as in Nutella, Twinkies, and other badass snack foods.

Edited:

More specifics:
    Four factions; Duty, Freedom, Loaners, and Military.

Duty:
    Is issued a base to start and respawn in. They can group up and start camps outside the base if they wish. Duty must wear a black top and bottom and any color gear they like. They are hostile to Freedom and Military and neutral to Loaners.

Freedom:
    Pretty much like Duty only they wear green base camo and are hostile to Duty and Military and neutral to Loaners.

Loaners:
    Are separated into groups of a maximum of 8 people. This is where they start and respawn. They may not wear any substantial amount of camo (besides winterized) and are hostile to Military and neutral to Freedom and Duty.

Military:
    Are issued a base that they start and respawn in. They may not start camps outside the base. The base has radio equipment to monitor everyone's radios and command the troops. They wear tan base camo (would say green but then they would look like Freedom) and are hostile to everyone except other Military.

The Trader:
    The trader is located in a small building somewhere on the field. Around the trader's building you must be friendly to all factions. The trader will give you missions and reward you Rubles (Ru) when completed. You can also get missions from faction leaders (event organizers that belong to a faction) who will also reward you the same way. With RU you can buy coordinates to stashes, bbs, food, and misc. things.

Will report back once more is figured out.

EDIT: More figured out:

The aim of the game is to become the wealthiest stalker, the wealthiest faction, or have the most artifacts at the end of the game.

Medkits are used to heal your self so you dont need a medic. Open it up and then wrap the bandage around your arm.

19. Post #259
    August 2007
    5,613 Posts
    Military's only advantage is radio eavesdropping?

Also, Duty should be Black +red. I think if you say just black pants + any color, everyone will bring green woodland or similar.

20. Post #260
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Military's only advantage is radio eavesdropping?

Also, Duty should be Black +red. I think if you say just black pants + any color, everyone will bring green woodland or similar.
    Military's other advantage is the obvious fact that more people will want to go Military because they get to wear camo, thus being a better killer.

And Duty has to wear all black, not just pants.

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,252 Posts
    I'd be up for that but there's one major thing in my way... the Fricking Atlantic Ocean :smith:
    The Pacific, in my case.

22. Post #262
    May 2008
    907 Posts
    Heres somthing you should do, have Duty wearing black with red, have freedom wear woodland camo or marpart of flecktarn, have loners wear what they have, have military wear olive green. I would also suggest having bandits because then they wouldn't be fighting anything then.

23. Post #263
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Lets kick this back up. Alright so I got a bandit loadout together that is pretty much spot on with the game. It consists of:
    Black hoodie (hood cut off)
    Brown hoodie (worn under the black)
    Dark blue tracksuit pants
    Grey bandana
    White tennis shoes
    Raggedy white gloves
    Dirt

Working on pics. Also need to get a way to keep cool when wearing two hoodies. Thinking of cutting off the hood from the brown one and wearing the hood only under the black one.

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,428 Posts
    An equipment store in our county has got some of those STALKER Duty uniforms.

If someone is planning on making a Sunrise suit, they shold try the Condor Modular Chestrig.

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Does said store have a website?

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,428 Posts
    Does said store have a website?
    http://www.operator.fi/index.php?tar...roduct_id=2351

Hope you know Finnish.

27. Post #267
    August 2009
    84 Posts
    Wow thats really nice.
    And for those who don't understand Finnish ''Kuvat'' Means pictures so theres some more. Maybe i get one.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    I thought you meant this

:frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,428 Posts
    Now that is a Sunrise suit.

30. Post #270
    NEO 卐 NAZI HERO <3
    September 2009
    3,971 Posts
    I wish I was able to bump with some content but this thread is too cool to let it die.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    650 Posts
    I really wanted to get into S.T.A.L.K.E.R. type events, but the only real gun that fits of mine is a VN M60. I've noticed items here and there that aren't exactly Russian/NATO in the games and wanted to know if I added a back story on obtaining the gun it would be acceptable for use. I can't imagine event holders being THAT strict.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,024 Posts
    I wouldn't think that your gun type would matter too much, as long as it isn't too outlandish. As long as you get the gear right then I'd think that would be okay.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    17,890 Posts
    I don't think there's any hard rules, or if there's rules for that at all, regarding what kind of gun you should have. In STALKER, there's a whole load of guns you wouldn't think would be present, but they add stories to them. Like the L85, I think the reason given was that it was in such surplus that it was easily obtainable, and unused (the particular model) but any military force at the time.

Just looks here: http://stalker.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons

Hell, there's even an M15 looking gun. There's even airsoft versions OOTB that look very much like it, minus the stock.

34. Post #274
    November 2007
    1,019 Posts
    For Codemonkey <3

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts

Vam bam thank you mercenary!

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts

Vam bam thank you mercenary!
    I see no STALKER other than the AK...

edit:
    And the gas mask.

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    Patch.

Edited:

Merc, brosef

38. Post #278
    August 2007
    695 Posts
    Needs more heavy coat to keep you safe from all that radiation. or vodka

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,695 Posts
    but its 102 degrees outside
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,727 Posts
    Vodka. On ice.