1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    I returned my ipod touch with the 2 year warranty and got it replaced, the new one has the $10 3.0 firmware upgrade. Everyone try this now!

Best Buy fuck yeah

2. Post #2
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,572 Posts
    all the new iPod Touches and iPhones have 3.0 installed... nothing really to get excited about imo. but hey it saved you $10, so I'd say that isn't a bad deal at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    Who the hell buys those firmware updates?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,640 Posts
    Who the hell buys those firmware updates?
    Most people
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    Or you could think about how much of a rip off it is to be spending money on updates that should be free and just find one of the jailbreaking websites to get the update from.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,775 Posts
    Yeah. There's no way in hell I'll pay $10 bucks for something like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    irrelevant, as i got it for free

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    Yeah, well, nothing is relevant in a thread like this. It's not exactly a discussion thread.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    please dont de-rail my thread im off to a shakey start dont want it to get worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    885 Posts
    big blue... is irrelevant.

after they sold their PC line off to Lenovo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    10$ for a firmware upgrade? What the hell? Another reason I don't buy apple products.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    885 Posts
    I'd be surprised if you paid for the upgrade, anyway - you don't need an iTMS account to upgrade.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2007
    1,436 Posts
    You can just get the update from that site that has all ipod firmwares which I'd link but I'd get banned for warez.

14. Post #14
    Creator of Exsto
    January 2009
    1,049 Posts
    You can just get the update from that site that has all ipod firmwares which I'd link but I'd get banned for warez.
    I doubt its warez, considering the download is from apple themselves.

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2007
    1,436 Posts
    True.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts

http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
    Except linking it to a site that hosts the files is warez
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,005 Posts
    If you cant afford $10 then dont buy it, but dont pirate it either. If you need the update that much it's worth paying for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    If you cant afford $10 then dont buy it, but dont pirate it either. If you need the update that much it's worth paying for.
    No. Apple can't possibly justify the update prices.

Look at the PSP. It got Skype, camera support, Internet browser, Internet radio, and so much more in free updates. Charging 10 dollars for Copy and Paste and landscape keyboard and whatnot is not valid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    The price is all about the infrastructure required to roll it out, the development and research that went in to development, and the overall costs of the system.

20. Post #20
    January 2008
    152 Posts
    The price is all about the infrastructure required to roll it out, the development and research that went in to development, and the overall costs of the system.
    It's still fucking 10 bucks for a bloody update that should have been free.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    885 Posts
    It's still fucking 10 bucks for a bloody update that should have been free.
    "it's still x and y fucking bucks for x and y that would've been better for me free IMO"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    "it's still x and y fucking bucks for x and y that would've been better for me free IMO"
    Don't try to make up excuses for them. By charging for the updates, they're being greedy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    everyone's missing the point

24. Post #24
    September 2009
    25 Posts
    the point is apple sucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Mr Jazz
    January 2009
    38,572 Posts
    the point is apple sucks
    The point is Microsoft fanboys need to get over the fact that Apple is a decent company, and Microsoft isn't totally perfect. But then again neither is Apple. Why can't we just agree that no company is perfect, there will always be flaws in what a company does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2007
    1,436 Posts
    Apple did not need the money that they generated from the update is the point being made. It was free for iPhone users, they just like to shit on the little guy and charge iPod users.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    shut the fuck up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    846 Posts
    shut the fuck up
    :eek:

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,432 Posts
    Apple did not need the money that they generated from the update is the point being made. It was free for iPhone users, they just like to shit on the little guy and charge iPod users.
    They aren't shitting on iPod owners, They're giving iPhone owners a break because they paid a house to get it

30. Post #30
    March 2008
    130 Posts
    Replacement warranty is the shit. I got it on my phone and I will get it on stuff like laptops, printers, MP3 players, etc. Also firmware updates shouldn't cost money. I don't give a fuck weather it's Apple or Microsoft, either way firmware for 10 bucks is retarted. You purchased the product so you should be provided bug fixes and support for at least a few years free of charge. It's pretty standard shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    Replacement warranty is the shit. I got it on my phone and I will get it on stuff like laptops, printers, MP3 players, etc. Also firmware updates shouldn't cost money. I don't give a fuck weather it's Apple or Microsoft, either way firmware for 10 bucks is retarted. You purchased the product so you should be provided bug fixes and support for at least a few years free of charge. It's pretty standard shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,619 Posts
    I use my iPod for listening to music, how is this $10 upgrade going to help/improve that?

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    shake to shuffle, stereo bluetooth, better music searching, and other features not related to music

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,648 Posts
    It's still not worth 10 dollars.

35. Post #35
    July 2009
    4,727 Posts
    You can get 3.0 free anywhere.

Edited:

Don't try to make up excuses for them. By charging for the updates, they're being greedy.
    No shit, we already spent hundreds of dollars on the hardware, the lest thing I want to do is buy endless software for the fucking thing...

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,586 Posts
    I got a free iPod in the rebate program and it had 2.0... that sucks!

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2005
    2,774 Posts
    http://mac.softpedia.com/progDownloa...oad-38026.html

Never pay for things that should be free.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,730 Posts
    Why is everyone flaming about iPod's/Apple products when this is the Apple sub-forum jackass'es, go back to GD/Oify.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Host Altitude
    January 2005
    453 Posts
    Download the firmware from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/.

Shift + Click the 'Restore' button on itunes.

Pick the firmware.

Downside: You must restore your ipod
    Upside: Free Update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    May 2007
    260 Posts
    Why is everyone flaming about iPod's/Apple products when this is the Apple sub-forum jackass'es, go back to GD/Oify.
    No, this is a sub-forum about apple not about sucking apples metaphorical cock.