1. Post #1
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    The email

Transcript
    To whom this may concern,

As you most likely have seen, the community has split into two pieces that hate eachother with a passion. Why is this, you might ask? The latest blog post along with the halo item seem to be the culprit. People without the halo are banning people with the halo from their servers (they're in charge of an awful lot of them) and the halo-less are getting discriminated on the halo-havers' servers. It has even infected a lot of gaming forums. (Including the Steam Forums)

I'd like to propose some things to mend this gap between the community and give a more fitting punishment to the idlers:

1. An item, much alike the halo, for the idlers. Hear me out on this one.

The Cheater's Curse
    Level 83 Aura of Corruption
    -15 or 25 health decrease on wearer
    -Forced to wear on every class you don't have a hat for
    -Vanishes after a specific date (when the punishment ends) or no more negative effects after this date
    -Not deleteable

Proposed looks (made a model for this):

http://imgkk.com/i/luPSl3.png

2. Maybe a blogpost concerning the community's behaviour?

3. Please don't give the Halo any positive effects, it'll be like giving out free hacks.

I didn't make this mail because I am now poor and Irish (I had many hats but I did not bringe them) and because that is problematic when testing new hat replacements. Instead of that I made it because a lot of people seem to agree with me that this is a good idea and this'd be a better punishment than removing "idled" hats and giving out halos to the other part of the community.

Signed,

Ricky "Daimao" van den Waardenburg

Proposed looks:

I thought this'd be an optimal solution since
    A) It'll (hopefully) stop the QQing about the Halo hat.
    B) It's still a punishment, not a freebie.

So what do you think of this solution?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree x 193Disagree x 37Dumb x 21Funny x 4Optimistic x 2Friendly x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    February 2009
    885 Posts
    Lol love the idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    885 Posts
    wop

(I don't actually agree, really, because it really just does the same as the halo.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Agree Agree x 3Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    Rating the OP dumb proves you're a Halo-haver, I presume?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 43Dumb Dumb x 9Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2009
    1,600 Posts
    I think the health decreasement wouldn't be fair and there would be even more hate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 51Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    Agree or Disagree would be more fitting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,983 Posts
    Looks like a wonderful idea! Oh, maybe so it wouldn't seem like a free hat it wouldn't show up in their inventory?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    1,604 Posts
    stop harassing valve employees on their jobs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    stop harassing valve employees on their jobs
    Hey they mail me. Can't I mail them back once in a while?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 26Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2008
    329 Posts
    Agree
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    October 2008
    78 Posts
    Looks interesting but I wouldn't like the scout getting more health removed. He'll practically be a thin plank of wood that I can break with my forehead except he shouts bonk where the wood tells me to kill my family.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    (Also for the people who can't read, it's a health subtraction not an addition)

13. Post #13
    February 2009
    885 Posts
    YOU FORGOT TO SAY that the health is decreased by 15 to 25

Awwwwwwwww ninjas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    3,725 Posts
    I think this is all over blown, but any change is good change because the current setup is fucking bullshit.

My friend got a halo and I didnt, most servers either ban for having or not having so now we cant even enjoy the game we paid for.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    Well, I still love the Halo players. :)
    Tf2 is just for fun anyway.

Edited:

Oh shit I was ninja'd by roughly 5 people.

16. Post #16
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    YOU FORGOT TO SAY that the health is decreased by 15 to 25
    10 for low health classes.
    20 for mid health classes.
    25 for the Heavy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Useful Useful x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,450 Posts
    Valve would probably liken this to God taking suggestions from Satan.

Not that I don't think it's a great idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    You're just mad cause you didn't get a halo.

/thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 35Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    You're just mad cause you didn't get a halo right now.

/thread
    Fixed it for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    378 Posts
    Scout with The Sandman + The Cheater's Curse = Oh fun.

To explain it better:
    125 - 30% - 25 = Oh fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,988 Posts
    Why would valve reward people that have abused their system?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 5Bad Reading Bad Reading x 5 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    Fuck the disadvantage!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,322 Posts
    It's not a reward, it's a punishment. You're forced to wear it and it decreases your health. Plus it vanishes when Valve says the punishment is over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,485 Posts
    Negative effects isn't to much of a reward. I assume it's just because all of the assholes who ban and refuse to heal each other due to their halo status.

25. Post #25
    October 2008
    78 Posts
    Valve would probably liken this to God taking suggestions from Satan.

Not that I don't think it's a great idea.
    But he does. They are best friends.

There they are playing a healthy game of chess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

26. Post #26
    February 2009
    885 Posts
    did you read about the disadvantage?

27. Post #27
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,595 Posts
    Since when does removing part of the class health counts as a reward?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,267 Posts
    Awesome, man.

(all right, I know your full name, time to spy on you)    :ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Greece Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,446 Posts
    should have a devil tail sticking out their ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,267 Posts
    Also, if horns are to be implemented and to be removed in a later date, then why not with the Halo's too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Greece Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,135 Posts
    So, having a forced hat for a while that screws up your health among other things is considered a reward by you? Then I'll have your halo if you don't mind, since apparently it wasn't enough of a reward

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    9,450 Posts
    Also, if horns are to be implemented and to be removed in a later date, then why not with the Halo's too?
    Good fucking idea

I'd happily play alongside haloers if THIS were the punishment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Just make it so that you HAVE to wear it. But with no negative effects. That's just idiotic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,988 Posts
    It's not a reward, it's a punishment. You're forced to wear it and it decreases your health. Plus it vanishes when Valve says the punishment is over.
    They're still getting something for free regardless of negative effects.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    But he does. They are best friends.

There they are playing a healthy game of chess.
    That's one sexy devil :q:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 25Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    That's one sexy devil :q:
    :eek:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,189 Posts
    Rather than the health drop why not make them more vunrable to fire and/or take random crits away from them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    October 2007
    491 Posts
    I cheated and I like this idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    February 2009
    885 Posts
    They're still getting something for free regardless of negative effects.
    but it gets taken away, and you cant take it off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    885 Posts
    This.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Thailand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)