1. Post #201
    January 2008
    1,920 Posts
    You're comparing the TF2 community to factions. Awesome.

2. Post #202
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,752 Posts
    Seems like my email got buried under the hundreds of spam mails Robin recieves.
    Forward it to Eric then, you will get a reply from him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    October 2005
    5 Posts
    Seems like my email got buried under the hundreds of spam mails Robin recieves.
    Send it again.

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,610 Posts
    These look better than the Halo, which removes the point of the 'reward' (it could have looked so much better)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gay Member #2
    June 2008
    3,948 Posts
    It would remove some rage at least
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #206

August 2008
    119 Posts
    Worst idea ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    January 2009
    1,546 Posts
    Rating the OP dumb proves you're a Halo-haver, I presume?
    That hurts, man.

Anyway, The Health Subtraction SHOULD be there, although I see many people stating otherwise. They don't want to give a free, no-downside hat to a group that they've stated they don't want to support.

8. Post #208
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts
    Good idea, but making it so that it gives you negative stat boosts might be a bit unfair.
    And while this might reduce the rage between idlers and ''Honest'' people (Who use achievement_idle =_=''), it could also increase it. For example, people with halos would start banning people with horns from their servers.

9. Post #209
    August 2009
    130 Posts
    i want this hat <:(

10. Post #210
    October 2007
    456 Posts
    -15 or 25 health decrease on wearer
    no thanks. otherwise, i wouldn't mind it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    7,149 Posts
    Worst idea ever.
    Here it comes folks, the best fitting image ever to grace Facepunch.
    http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/4689/energyt.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #212
    June 2007
    689 Posts
    I'm not technically sure if Valve considers idling cheating but I got the halo and some of my idle items gained are still in my inventory..

13. Post #213
    August 2009
    794 Posts
    Repent, HEATHENS.

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    Why would Valve give you something?
    A hat is a hat, and I think they want them to be cosmetic, rather than having an effect on the game.
    Anybody in this thread who has half a brain would realize he's right. Forget about the fucking hats and play the god-damn game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    2,251 Posts
    I disagree.Why?Because not having a halo is enough.

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    "I use achievement servers."
    "OK, have a halo."
    "I use speed hacks."
    "Have a ban. You still get a halo though."
    "I use idler programs."
    "OMGG you sux haxxor stfu NO HALO FOR YOU!"

All Valve has done has torn the community in half, lose a load of players get whiny idler admins banning moralists, and vice versa.

Valve, you were doing so well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,059 Posts
    I would enjoy this.

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    "OK, have a halo."
    "I use speed hacks."
    "I use idler programs."

All Valve has done has torn the community in half, lose a load of players get whiny idler admins banning moralists, and vice versa.

I gotta be honest the most anyone ever did to my lack of halo is went "lol idler" and I went ":D" when I got all my lost items back.

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    Let just the curse be lifted after a certain date. I want to keep this cooler hat to rub in those smug halo-haver's faces.:devil:
    This entire idea will not work. The idlers want hats, and by the looks of it, even if it means as a punishment. That's pretty fucking sad if you ask me. "Rewarding" the idlers with devil horns is not the way to go. Even if it does have a "curse". Idlers need to stop fucking bitching about hats, and play the game. Hats =\= TF2.

If you're gonna whine and complain about hats that won't fucking matter in the long run, don't even play the game, because you're obviously playing it for the wrong reasons. The reasons are to have fun, and feel good. Not to have a pointless status symbol among a server of 24 people.

The splitting of this community is absolutely un-needed and unnecessary, and yes, Valve is partly to blame because of the Halos, but you, the people need to realize that you're also to blame. Banning people because they do or do not have halos is fucking idiotic. Spazzing and blowing up at those who cheated and who didn't is a) not mature at all, and b) pointless. If you really care about a fucking pixelated HAT, stop playing the game and stop ruining the fun for the rest of us players, who actually play it for fun. We don't care if you have a hat or not, or if your e-penis is the size of Saturn.

None of you can seem to get this through your thick skulls. Idlers and non-idlers alike.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #220

September 2007
    1 Posts
    This entire idea will not work. The idlers want hats, and by the looks of it, even if it means as a punishment. That's pretty fucking sad if you ask me. "Rewarding" the idlers with devil horns is not the way to go. Even if it does have a "curse". Idlers need to stop fucking bitching about hats, and play the game. Hats =\= TF2.

If you're gonna whine and complain about hats that won't fucking matter in the long run, don't even play the game, because you're obviously playing it for the wrong reasons. The reasons are to have fun, and feel good. Not to have a pointless status symbol among a server of 24 people.

The splitting of this community is absolutely un-needed and unnecessary, and yes, Valve is partly to blame because of the Halos, but you, the people need to realize that you're also to blame. Banning people because they do or do not have halos is fucking idiotic. Spazzing and blowing up at those who cheated and who didn't is a) not mature at all, and b) pointless. If you really care about a fucking pixelated HAT, stop playing the game and stop ruining the fun for the rest of us players, who actually play it for fun. We don't care if you have a hat or not, or if your e-penis is the size of Saturn.

None of you can seem to get this through your thick skulls. Idlers and non-idlers alike.
    Hilariously enough, people who didn't "play the damn game" due to them simply buying the OB and playing HL2 and Portal got halos as well by doing just as little as the idlers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    635 Posts
    Hilariously enough, people who didn't "play the damn game" due to them simply buying the OB and playing HL2 and Portal got halos as well by doing just as little as the idlers
    Whoosh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,374 Posts
    "OK, have a halo."
    "I use speed hacks."
    "I use idler programs."

I think anyone who has received a VAC ban can't really enjoy their halo. Nice going, genius.
    Also, quitting a game forever because of some stupid goddamn piece of APPAREL is the manbabiest thing you can ever do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #223
    March 2009
    920 Posts
    you should make it level 13

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,083 Posts
    I'd like one without the health decrease.

Would be badass.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,725 Posts
    Get rid of the health decreasement and then I will agree with you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    July 2009
    654 Posts
    Is it just me or is the Soldier's face in the OP fucking hilarious looking
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    April 2009
    1,781 Posts
    Oh well, all companys fuck up eventually. And when they do, they simultaneously destroy thier community and gameplay. Im not recommending TF2 to anybody, anymore. If i could sell TF2 back to Valve i'd do it. Not because of the idler, im sick of the shitty gameplay and horrible community.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,348 Posts
    I love you Daimao
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #229
    November 2008
    4,641 Posts
    So you're saying that you don't want the Halo to have any benefits, but the proposed Horns make you lose health?

Wouldn't a negative effects that only affects idlers be a benefit to non-idlers?

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,239 Posts
    You think folks flipped a shit when they got items taken away?

Imagine the utter chaos that would ensue when they are forced to take a NOTICEABLE and DETRIMENTAL effect upon themselves.

Actual moral-high-ground-admins on servers would be trigger happy with the Ban Cannon, and it'd be the equivalent of stamping a golden star on your jacket.

And then you'd have the Haylollers who WANT devil horns, despite the impact on their game.

There's a reason why Valve simply just cut and cauterized, rather than stuck a giant salt rock in there on the way out.

P.S. Since it also is 'only forced on classes without hats', some epic fucking hilarity-pocracy would ensue there as well.

31. Post #231
    April 2009
    260 Posts
    personally they should just remove the halo, so this whole mess will go away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #232
    I don't wanna Dang ol' yo.
    September 2009
    9,348 Posts
    I only play tf2 during the free weekends and got the halo...ironic isnt it?

33. Post #233
    September 2008
    83 Posts
    I only play tf2 during the free weekends and got the halo...ironic isnt it?
    No, because why would you have any reason to use the idler if you only play during free weekends?

34. Post #234
    I don't wanna Dang ol' yo.
    September 2009
    9,348 Posts
    No, because why would you have any reason to use the idler if you only play during free weekends?
    No i ment that the people who got this hat are bitching that they recieved because they were special and non idled when in fact any account that was activated in the last year and at least played tf2 and didn't idle got one.

35. Post #235
    November 2008
    652 Posts
    Your email is probably lost in thousands of other emails that he's got in these days....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    If the horns decreased player health, it would piss people off even more.

37. Post #237
    August 2009
    858 Posts
    Sorry, but the idea is horrible. Right now, the community is split between Halo-ers and non-Halo-ers, but at least you never know for sure someone does NOT have a Halo. You could just have it off, or wear another hat instead. With these horns, it clearly identifies who did and didn't idle. While it looks cool, it'd only widen the gap.

That's because nobody actually cares about not having the Halo, or having a hat idler's do not, it's about what it represents. And the Horns represent the exact same thing as not having a Halo, except with more certainty: this guy idled, please ban him, do not heal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #238
    July 2009
    719 Posts
    If the horns decreased player health, it would piss people off even more.
    Id they decreased health by 10% rounded down it should be fine and I'd even wear it as a scout(113 hp won't cause to much trouble) just due to the awesome factor. The negative health should be removed on a certain date as saying you "repented".

Edited:

Sorry, but the idea is horrible. Right now, the community is split between Halo-ers and non-Halo-ers, but at least you never know for sure someone does NOT have a Halo. You could just have it off, or wear another hat instead. With these horns, it clearly identifies who did and didn't idle. While it looks cool, it'd only widen the gap.

That's because nobody actually cares about not having the Halo, or having a hat idler's do not, it's about what it represents. And the Horns represent the exact same thing as not having a Halo, except with more certainty: this guy idled, please ban him, do not heal.
    Make wearing it optional, but it is so awesome comparatively wearing it is detrimental for a while.

39. Post #239
    February 2005
    6 Posts
    Why reward people whom valve intended to punish, with a better looking hat than the ass looking lament? My common sense just got beat up by a horse. Tell me one reason why you SHOULD be compensated. Valve only took the stuff you didn't actually earn. Altough giving everyone who didn't idle a lament was just weird though. A ton of people walking around with the lament just looks plain stupid.

Just get rid of the stupid lament and give all people with a lament a random regular hat. This will stop all those immature shits from moaning all day and ruining the game with their pathetic attempts to gain attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)