1. Post #1121
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,044 Posts

MAN THE HEAVY WILL BE SO KAWAII WITH THIS~~ ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1122
    May 2009
    845 Posts
    Nice Kabuto AyesDyef, I look forward to seeing it in-game.

Also Skizot, I noticed you made a crying Indian Soldier. Very interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

3. Post #1123
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,886 Posts

MAN THE HEAVY WILL BE SO KAWAII WITH THIS~~ ^_^
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #1124
    July 2009
    67 Posts

Time to make a blue skin, then it's pretty much done.
    we need a sword to replace the shovel to go with this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1125
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,044 Posts
    we need a sword to replace the shovel to go with this
    Katana*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #1126
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    It doesn't have to be a katana. I think a Wakisahiziazaixa (something like that) would be better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

7. Post #1127
    September 2009
    54 Posts
    It doesn't have to be a katana. I think a Wakisahiziazaixa (something like that) would be better
    Can we just leave it at "Samurai sword".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #1128
    September 2009
    51 Posts
    Just got back from school, put the idle_acheivement on and went to sleep.

When I woke up, 2 KGB, 1 FaN.

:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #1129
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    Can we just leave it at "Samurai sword".
    Maybe...*sniff* Maybe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #1130
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    now how owuld one set about compiling using notepad++?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

11. Post #1131
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    I only use notepad++ for editing my .qc and .smd's
    I use GUIStudioMDL when compiling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete THIS BUG NEEDS FIXING, BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT CAUSES IT, SO SHUT UP AND STOP POSTING ABOUT IT. Thanks. Show Events

12. Post #1132
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    9,971 Posts

Time to make a blue skin, then it's pretty much done.

Wow, wow, wow. I hope this will be added in some pack that Valve will release. Looks really good, the Indian feather thing, too.

13. Post #1133
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    I only use notepad++ for editing my .qc and .smd's
    I use GUIStudioMDL when compiling
    i keep getting dodgy errors wit that E.G

WARNING: AppFramework : Unable to load module p4lib.dll!
    MountAppFilesystem() failed: SteamMountAppFilesystem(4294967295,4294967295,0xa9 efd24) failed with error 4: Bad launch configuration

14. Post #1134
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    Did you set the compiler up for TF2?
    Did you choose the orange box engine when compiling?

15. Post #1135
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    Did you set the compiler up for TF2?
    Did you choose the orange box engine when compiling?
    yes
    yes
    DOUBLE FUCKING YES (not meanig to be angry at you i'm just pissed that nothing works)

16. Post #1136
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,886 Posts
    best way to compile is, make a .bat and put this in it
    Code:
    "%sourcesdk%/bin/orangebox/bin/studiomdl" %1
    then just drag'n'drop your qc file onto it

17. Post #1137
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    say i just made a replacement for the ukashana what kind of thing would i stick in the QC?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

18. Post #1138
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    3,608 Posts
    Hey there, y'all hatmakers.

Inspired by the picture below, what do you think about making a TopHat for the Demoman and Luke's Blue Newsboy for the Scout?

Picture:
    http://dog.fpsbanana.com/ss/maps/110307a.jpg

Taken from this: http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/110307

19. Post #1139
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,257 Posts
    I think somone was working on one Pedroion.

Thisguy123; I find it alot easier to decompile an exisiting model and replace what I need instead of having to make a completely new .qc

20. Post #1140
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    432 Posts
    Alright, I finally got to modelling and after messing about for a bit I made this silly beanie:

Now I need to get it into TF2 I can't wait to texture it.

Also I have no idea how the scale is cause I dont have a clue how to import TF2 models into max.
    I'll have to look up some tutorials it seems :/

Oh and the round thing is supposed to be a badge, or whatever.

21. Post #1141
    July 2009
    67 Posts
    Alright, I finally got to modelling and after messing about for a bit I made this silly beanie:

Also I have no idea how the scale is cause I dont have a clue how to import TF2 models into max.

may i ask what class is it for and heres a tut about the tf2 models and importing them in 3ds max : http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/06...ls-to-3ds-max/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

22. Post #1142
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    432 Posts
    may i ask what class is it for and heres a tut about the tf2 models and importing them in 3ds max : http://www.pldx.com/blog.php/2009/06...ls-to-3ds-max/
    At this point? any class really. I'm just trying to get the routine of making a final product down.

This is pretty much my first model, so yeah.

Edit: thanks for link <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #1143
    June 2008
    260 Posts

Anyone else think this was a deathstar hat? :aaaaa:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1144
    July 2009
    67 Posts
    At this point? any class really. I'm just trying to get the routine of making a final product down.

This is pretty much my first model, so yeah.

Edit: thanks for link <3
    No problem and i think it should be for heavy , engineer or demoman.I didnt say soldier because we have too many hats for him right now.

25. Post #1145
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,596 Posts

i'm thinkin i'm done.

Does that come with the tear?

26. Post #1146
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    I think somone was working on one Pedroion.

Thisguy123; I find it alot easier to decompile an exisiting model and replace what I need instead of having to make a completely new .qc
    guess what i've been doing...

but i may have kafuckzled the QC along the way so ill try once more

Code:
    $cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\thisguy1234\team fortress 2\tf"
    $modelname "player\items\heavy\heavy_ushanka.mdl"
    $model "body" "heavy_ushanka_reference.smd"
    $cdmaterials "\models\player\items\heavy\"
    $cdmaterials ""
    $hboxset "default"
    $hbox 0 "bip_head" -5.529  -11.041  -8.136  5.529  0.000  4.110
    // Model uses material "models/player/items/heavy/heavy_ushanka.vmt"
    $surfaceprop "cloth"
    $illumposition 2.008 0.000 5.519
    $sequence idle "idle" fps 30.00
    where do you think the finished product would end up in this case?

27. Post #1147
    August 2009
    505 Posts

calling it done. packaging it up now.

and YES, the tear comes standard on all models.

28. Post #1148
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,327 Posts
    no offense

but get rid of the tear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

29. Post #1149
    August 2009
    505 Posts
    :O

but everyone likes the tear...

VVVVVVV that was actually my plan all along.. SHHH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #1150
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    how about have a version with and without

31. Post #1151
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    432 Posts
    Tear looks odd.

Also my hat has the size of beach ball compared to my medic example.

brb scaling

32. Post #1152
    few words to create space
    January 2009
    9,971 Posts
    Why the tear? If I can ask.

33. Post #1153
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,705 Posts
    COMPILE GODDAMYOU!!!!

hey that finished messaged flashed up so fast it didn't know if it had faile dor not. did you suceed. where did you put my hard work?

34. Post #1154
    August 2009
    505 Posts
    Why the tear? If I can ask.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #1155
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    432 Posts
    Well, this is ok I suppose

What's the next step?

Wish the ears wouldn't clip but this is just for practice so meh.

36. Post #1156
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,038 Posts
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4ozVMxzNAA
    Or simply..

But I'd really release it without the tear, because the tear doesn't look right. It's even quite pointless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Czech Republic Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1157
    August 2009
    546 Posts
    What did you do with the texture on those feathers? Is it just modelviewer doing that or what :I
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

38. Post #1158
    August 2009
    505 Posts
    Indian Headdress

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #1159
    June 2009
    1,697 Posts
    Chief Sitting Maggot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

40. Post #1160
    August 2009
    505 Posts
    What did you do with the texture on those feathers? Is it just modelviewer doing that or what :I
    I made it look like a feather and used a normal map to accentuate it. it looks GREAT moving. stills maybe not so much.