1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative x 8Late x 2Dumb x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,770 Posts
    Valve, you have to appeal to this and get it through australia, PLEASE! also clocks I bet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,068 Posts
    They didn't reveal anything. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 37Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,703 Posts
    Can someone quote the article? I CS Nation won't load :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Late Late x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    302 Posts
    wow porr guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2005
    14 Posts
    I just think it’s sick they'll allow Left 4 Dead 1, yet Left 4 Dead 2 is so unbelievably different it has to be banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Can someone quote the article? I CS Nation won't load :saddowns:
    Valve's Vice President of Marketing Doug Lombardi has responded to the news that Left 4 Dead 2 is banned in Australia in its current form. Speaking to Shacknews, Lombardi is quoted as saying:

''We were surprised to hear of this news yesterday. Obviously, everyone at Valve is pretty bummed. It would be a shame if folks in Australia, or anywhere else, are unable to purchase Left 4 Dead 2 because of a ratings issue''

The news of the Australian Government Classification Board's decision comes after the lack of an 18+ age rating for games in the country. A problem that has hit the likes of the Grand Theft Auto series, Duke Nukem 3D and 50 Cent: Bulletproof in the past leading to calls for a new higher age r

Edited:

Shit, text got cut off. You got the idea anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    black people
    April 2008
    3,934 Posts
    I'm still suprised L4D got banned. I mean it's no where near as 'bad'(you can say i guess) as lets say GTA IV where you can be fucking girls, doing drugs, etc. In L4D your just trying to live by killing zombies! :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    2,195 Posts
    I'm still suprised L4D got banned. I mean it's no where near as 'bad'(you can say i guess) as lets say GTA IV where you can be fucking girls, doing drugs, etc. In L4D your just trying to live by killing zombies! :(
    But you don't do drugs in GTA IV and all sex happens off camera and only lasts about 10 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Late Late x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    But you don't do drugs in GTA IV and all sex happens off camera and only lasts about 10 seconds.
    The sex is not off camera, You can see the action. The clothes are on though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    How exactly is Left 4 Dead 2 worse than Left 4 Dead 1?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    1,382 Posts
    Wow, valve got pwned!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb x 11Agree x 2Late x 1Bad Spelling x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,770 Posts
    it's only because of the fucking melee weapons, which is just horrible fucking horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Well, since Gabe and Erik are going to australia, they'll teach the government a lesson.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 35Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    it's only because of the fucking melee weapons, which is just horrible fucking horrible.
    Which sounds like bullshit because HL2 isn't banned and it has a crowbar
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    July 2005
    14 Posts
    There are plenty of games unbanned with melee weapons though. Grand Theft Auto IV has bats and knives. Every Hitman game in existence has endless amounts of weapons, from knives, bats, fiber wire, explosives and butcher knives. They're freely available.

I think it's fairly obvious the Australian Classification board is just out of touch with reality. Especially when it comes to film and television, the classification system in Australia seems to be fairly liberal and laid back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    721 Posts
    It's because when you kill an infected with an axe, their guts fall out, you can see their spine, and tonnes of blood goes on the screen. This would usually be an 18+ game but the dumbfuckingretartedstupidaustralianfuckingshitcunt asshole OFLC doesn't have an R18+ rating for games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2007
    76 Posts
    Let's hope Left 4 Dead 2 will have oil instead of blood and springs and mechanisms as gibs in Australia.
    Poland rocks because they dont care about gory games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 3Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,897 Posts
    Won't they even allow the German version?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Late Late x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    118 Posts
    Let's hope Left 4 Dead 2 will have oil instead of blood and springs and mechanisms as gibs in Australia.
    Poland rocks because they dont care about gory games.
    if valve has any sense they'll put a hidden cvar in to re-enable this light gore shit, give it to the OFLC with the cvar off and then tell the community lolololol

Edited:

Won't they even allow the German version?
    dude, they[valve] have to give the OFLC the version they will ship in the stores over here, so that doesn't work

Edited:

dumbfuckingretartedstupidaustralianfuckingshitcunt asshole OFLC
    i lol'd

no seriously we need to either A) dissolve the board or B) reform it

shit is fucking ridiculous, average gamer over here is over 25 so why don't we have an R18?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    They made the cover yellow for jarate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    September 2009
    494 Posts
    What's the surprise...?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2009
    118 Posts
    What's the surprise...?
    they are surprised that it got banned

urgnh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    You'll have to speak up. I'm wearing a towel.
    January 2007
    762 Posts
    lol

I'M GOING TO RATE YOU LATE ANYWAY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    What a misleading title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,157 Posts
    Totally thought they were revealing a surprise, not that they felt surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Late Late x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    September 2009
    494 Posts
    they are surprised that it got banned

urgnh
    I am surprised that there is no surprise.

I can bold words too :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

28. Post #28
    February 2009
    3,696 Posts
    I just think itís sick they'll allow Left 4 Dead 1, yet Left 4 Dead 2 is so unbelievably different it has to be banned.
    Shooting half their stomachs out and them still chasing after you is a bit different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,371 Posts
    Hey Aussies, come over to New Zealand for a vacation!
    We got kiwis, iconic landscape, wait I'm forgetting something...

Oh thats right, L4D2 :biggrin:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    July 2006
    805 Posts
    Hey Aussies, come over to New Zealand for a vacation!
    We got kiwis, iconic landscape, wait I'm forgetting something...

Oh thats right, L4D2 :biggrin:
    Sheep

31. Post #31
    June 2009
    774 Posts
    I just think itís sick they'll allow Left 4 Dead 1, yet Left 4 Dead 2 is so unbelievably different it has to be banned.
    no they should have L4D2 because it's way to much like L4D1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,330 Posts
    [list]The Zombies are now still "alive" (or undead for that matter) after you cut their limbs off[/list][list]Inner Organs come out of them when being shot now[/list][list]There were no melee weapons before[/list]
    Those are the main points they listed.

33. Post #33

September 2009
    64 Posts

-http://www.igea.net/

Fuck off.

Edited:

lolfail

Edited:

Wheres a edit?

Edited:

my*

Edited:

shit **

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,992 Posts
    The sex is not off camera, You can see the action. The clothes are on though.
    Lapdance =/= sex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    3,573 Posts
    Lapdance =/= sex.
    Prostitutes give you a very special lapdance, son.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    August 2009
    1,668 Posts
    Valve's content is barely PG-13. Oh baaaaaw, I can see zombie guts everywhere.

What, have the governmental officials in Australia never seen a zombie movie?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,853 Posts
    Prostitutes give you a very special lapdance, son.
    Fully Clothed Dryhumping = Not Sex. its...Daggering? i think thats what those crazy Jamacans call it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)