1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,385 Posts
    When ever I see this thread I just smile, knowing how bad the OP failed.

Edited:

If you're so mature, get a job. I saved up $700 for my build in a year. Also, a 6500 is a terrible card for $60, or any amount of money nowadays. Seriously, your dad has no idea what he's doing.
    THIS
    Get a Hd 4850 for $100 or a 4870 if you can spend a little more.

2. Post #162
    July 2009
    1,544 Posts
    If you're so mature, get a job. I saved up $700 for my build in a year. Also, a 6500 is a terrible card for $60, or any amount of money nowadays. Seriously, your dad has no idea what he's doing. I'm not ten, but damn.

EDIT: Ouch, he actually bought it. That really sucks. You could have probably gotten something in the 8 series or something in the 4 series of the ATI cards.
    Please read the WHOLE thread

Where I am, I need to be 16. I live in a Summer home area. There's barely anybody where I live.

Oh, and I found a new card, not sure if it's good or not.

Link:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ATI-Radeon-512MB...d=p4999.c0.m14

Edit:

AND NO, I haven't bought it yet. Fucking blind people these days.

3. Post #163
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,745 Posts
    You can get job off the books, or mow lawns.

4. Post #164
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,622 Posts

Where I am, I need to be 16. I live in a Summer home area. There's barely anybody where I live.

Link:

Edit:

I read it, and I stand by my point. Do jobs for family members, sell some of your video games, mow/shovel lawns, etc.

Also, that card isn't that great, and it's even worse that you're using Ebay to buy it. I may have missed some reason why you're using it, but don't.

Also, the reason why people thought you bought it is because you were very rarely replying to anything in your own thread. You also completely skipped over that free GPU deal a FP'er was offering.

EDIT: Also, why did you say 'EDIT' but you really didn't edit it? It wasn't automerge, because that has: Edited:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #165
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,488 Posts
    I read it, and I stand by my point. Do jobs for family members, sell some of your video games, mow/shovel lawns, etc.

Also, that card isn't that great, and it's even worse that you're using Ebay to buy it. I may have missed some reason why you're using it, but don't.

Also, the reason why people thought you bought it is because you were very rarely replying to anything in your own thread. You also completely skipped over that free GPU deal a FP'er was offering.

EDIT: Also, why did you say 'EDIT' but you really didn't edit it? It wasn't automerge, because that has: Edited:
    because if you edit within one minute of posting, it doesnt show that you edited it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #166
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,622 Posts
    because if you edit within one minute of posting, it doesnt show that you edited it.
    I learned something today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #167
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,488 Posts
    I learned something today.

:3:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    July 2007
    460 Posts
    Listen you lazy shit op, when i was 12 i worked at the supermarket bagging grocery's and helping people bring it to their house. Now look at me i am the richest motherfucker in the world. I bought my computer with my own money and built that shit like a man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #169
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,423 Posts
    I wonder how much the OP has learned from this thread.

10. Post #170
    February 2006
    1,735 Posts
    Crying because he missed the deal.
    Once again, thank-you.

11. Post #171
    November 2007
    401 Posts
    I wonder how much the OP has learned from this thread.
    Nothing at all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #172

August 2009
    6 Posts

Link:

Edit:

I should buy that to just piss off your Dad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    July 2007
    222 Posts
    When i was 13, I had a Dell XPS720, I mowed lawns, Tried to get money from anybody, And i got it, Still using it too.

14. Post #174
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,345 Posts

Link:

Edit:

Stop buying shit from EBay dammit, people there overcharge for shit parts most of the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #175
    April 2009
    1,149 Posts

Link:

Edit:

You're back?

I don't understand... you refuse to get free stuff from Prisma (one of the most established members of this subforum) because you don't give out information... but eBay ships to your house anyhow, so isn't that giving information?

For that matter, you'd still be saving an assload of money if you got a P.O. box and had Prismatex ship it there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,854 Posts
    Good job missing out on a generous offering:froggonk:

17. Post #177
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,085 Posts

Link:

Edit:

I had the PCI-E version of that card and it played TF2 at 1280x800 with medium settings pretty good.

18. Post #178
    December 2008
    707 Posts
    -snip-
    herp derp

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,078 Posts

Link:

Edit:

Newegg dammit NEWEGG!

20. Post #180
    UberMod
    May 2006
    1,629 Posts
    what? no. any decent computer can be built online for a very low price
    you just need to save up some more
    I built an upgrade to my 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird for about 300, and the spec wasn't amazing. Plus I only managed to do that because of my work's Christmas bonus last year.

A lot of you guys need to remember that money is hard to come by if you aren't working and have sensible parents. If I ever have a teenage kid I wouldn't be showering them with money, I'd expect them to work for it.

OP: Consider taking Prismatex's offer. You might be able to have it delivered to a post office where you can pick it up.

Edited:

Link:

Edit:

That is a brilliant card for the price. I bought the X1950 Pro version for 125 a few years ago and it basically let me play Oblivion on 1280x1024 with only a 2.2GHz Athlon XP and 2GB RAM. If you're thinking about getting it, do it (as long as you feel safe with the seller).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #181
    September 2009
    145 Posts
    I built an upgrade to my 1GHz Athlon Thunderbird for about 300, and the spec wasn't amazing. Plus I only managed to do that because of my work's Christmas bonus last year.

A lot of you guys need to remember that money is hard to come by if you aren't working and have sensible parents. If I ever have a teenage kid I wouldn't be showering them with money, I'd expect them to work for it.

OP: Consider taking Prismatex's offer. You might be able to have it delivered to a post office where you can pick it up.

Edited:

That is a brilliant card for the price. I bought the X1950 Pro version for 125 a few years ago and it basically let me play Oblivion on 1280x1024 with only a 2.2GHz Athlon XP and 2GB RAM. If you're thinking about getting it, do it (as long as you feel safe with the seller).
    A) My offer expired Tuesday, since that was the only day I could make it to a post office.
    B) That X1650 Pro is about $5 cheaper on Newegg with free shipping.

22. Post #182
    February 2006
    1,735 Posts
    A) My offer expired Tuesday, since that was the only day I could make it to a post office.
    B) That X1650 Pro is about $5 cheaper on Newegg with free shipping.
    Thanks Prismatex!
    Also, OP you missed out big-time.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,745 Posts
    Did pris also send you a time machine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

24. Post #184
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,423 Posts
    Hey OP, want a free Geforce 7600 GS?

With blown capacitors.

25. Post #185
    February 2006
    1,735 Posts
    My camera is that time machine. I developed it in 1955.

26. Post #186
    September 2009
    145 Posts
    I think that's still in the mail.

27. Post #187
    Dennab
    August 2009
    1,257 Posts
    Pris, you should send me some old useless crap too.

Edited:

I like old useless crap

28. Post #188
    September 2009
    145 Posts
    Anyone want a P1 166MHz?

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    6,427 Posts
    If i could chose from shit and this card, i would take the shit

30. Post #190
    September 2007
    1,084 Posts
    Don't get the 6500.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,969 Posts
    When i was 13, I had a Dell XPS720, I mowed lawns, Tried to get money from anybody, And i got it, Still using it too.
    XPS720 REPRESENT

I actually just recently upgraded my 720 from a few years ago. Still using it, and it now has a Q9550 and a GTX260 in it.

But the chassis is probably the best one that dell has ever designed.

Also, OP epicly failed. The worst part is that he probably didn't learn anything from this thread and will continue to miss these types of deals.

32. Post #192
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,023 Posts
    This thread belongs in the "facepalm hall of fame". Seriously, there's so many helpful guys in here and you just refuse to take their help/advice.

:arghfist: :saddowns:

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    Also, OP epicly failed. The worst part is that he probably didn't learn anything from this thread and will continue to miss these types of deals.
    Well, OP's dad WAS a fucktard. So he isn't entirely to blame. This kind of stuff has to be genetic or something.

34. Post #194
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    14,789 Posts
    Anyone want a P1 166MHz?
    I would take it, but I already have two

I love that kind of thing.

35. Post #195
    August 2009
    9,353 Posts
    I would take it, but I already have two

I love that kind of thing.
    i still have a 300MHZ PII rig

36. Post #196
    December 2009
    6,407 Posts
    i was gonna bust a nut if someone just made this thread asking if a 6500 was a good buy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)