1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    So I've had a 4gig iPod mini for a while and the headphone jack just died on me. Does anybody know where I can get a jack for dirt cheap?
    I can't hear ANYTHING out of it.

Oh, and another question. What the hell is that little port next to the headphone jack for?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,821 Posts
    Any stereo jack would work if you know what you're doing. The little hole I assume is a microphone.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    I know it's not a microphone. The mini dosen't have any microphone or recording support on it.

4. Post #4
    July 2009
    4,727 Posts
    the little hole is for the headphones that have the controls on then, much like the PSP headphones.

5. Post #5
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts
    If you don't want to take apart the iPod you could always get one of these to replace the 3.5mm Jack, it would just go in the dock connector.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,822 Posts
    ^ Do this ^ It's a much better solution!

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    If you don't want to take apart the iPod you could always get one of these to replace the 3.5mm Jack, it would just go in the dock connector.

That looks extremly nice. I think I'll get it. Thanks cosmic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member

May 2005
    411 Posts
    Why not upgrade? iPod mini is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ban me if I have a NWS avatar
    January 2006
    600 Posts
    well come to think of it, it plays music just as well as any other ipod. so why get rid of it?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,559 Posts
    Not really you can upgrade it's memory, It's the only iPod that you can DIY

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    4,727 Posts
    Not really you can upgrade it's memory, It's the only iPod that you can DIY
    Not only that, but CF cards (up to 8GB) are dirt cheap and replace the easily-breakable 4GB/6GB harddrives inside, and they save battery life. The Mini actually puts out great sound too, when compared to the shitty sound of the nano.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,430 Posts
    Overall, I love the mini. I got attached to it, so I'd hate to throw it away.