1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Scout1 wounded, Treelor dead, things are not looking good.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Scout1 wounded, Treelor dead, things are not looking good.
    You kidding? The mortality rate of X-COM soldiers until the advent of Power armor is at minimum 20% casualties.

Edited:

Also, Kallemort's a Sergeant, scout1's a Squaddie, everyone else is a Rookie still.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Fuck yes even in alternate realities I am awesome.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Because you kill two aliens with fire. And get shot by plasma. And live to brag about your plasma-scarred dick. Because that's what blocked the shot.

5. Post #45
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Hey it was big enough to block it so we should all be thankful.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    18,978 Posts
    Fuck yes even in alternate realities I am a leader when I don't want to

Also research plasma weapons and heavy plasmas as fast as you can, they weight as much as lasers but are much better.

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    If only I had a medkit. :frown:

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    If only I had a medkit. :frown:
    RedNick, usually plasma shots are insta-kill, so both hits were lucky.

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,910 Posts
    I bought the X-com pack from D2D and I was wondering, Which is the best and funnest?

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    I bought the X-com pack from D2D and I was wondering, Which is the best and funnest?
    Either of the first two. But first you need to look at the wiki, the learning curve is a sheer cliff.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts
    RedNick, usually plasma shots are insta-kill, so both hits were lucky.
    I was thinking of Treelor, I'm pretty sure you can still heal people who are passed out, unless of course there wasn't enough time to get to him. I suppose you don't have medkits yet?

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    I was thinking of Treelor, I'm pretty sure you can still heal people who are passed out, unless of course there wasn't enough time to get to him. I suppose you don't have medkits yet?
    I only research medkits once I have personal armor, the first type you get. However, you can heal unconscious people with a medkit. And wake them up using stims. Look at the wiki for an idea of how it works (the medkit).

Edited:

Treelor's been reincarnated, playing until a new mission occurs.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,881 Posts
    Holy shit, I love Xcom
    You wouldn't be taking anymore team members, now would you? ( wink wink, nudge nudge )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Holy shit, I love Xcom
    You wouldn't be taking anymore team members, now would you? ( wink wink, nudge nudge )
    I will once my second base is up, so once I get into February I will (game-wise).

Edited:

Okay, base is coming together, soon I'll have a well-defended base.

Also, Treelor's back, as is scout1. And laser pistols have been issued.

Awesome, another ship seen!

And it's down! Large scout, oh boy!

Everyone's got the same loadout as last time, except Treelor and Drasnus. They have the new laser pistols, which actually are amazing, since they have infinite ammo and have high damage.

Okay, so now I smoke the ramp and Treelor jumps out first. What happens? He sees an alien with his/her/it's back turned! Just the chance for revenge!

Unfortunately, the alien reacts to a shot in the back and kills Treelor. Again. Now Treelor's gonna get armor first, being the bullet maggot he is.

scout1 jumps in again to light up the alien. Burn, baby, Burn!

Red Nick, however, grabs a kill in the end from the bleeding, burning alien.

And there's another alien!

Light 'em up!

He runs away, and so I throw a grenade at him.

Too bad the grenade didn't kill the alien, and instead it burned to a crisp.
    By the way, here's a look at what the aliens have.

The large weapon is the Heavy Plasma; the sickle-shaped magazine is, well, the magazine; and the curled up thing is the alien.

Okay, after some time, Drasnus gets the courage to go into the UFO.

Edited:

This UFO ain't big enough fer the two of us.

And the shoot out goes well for Drasnus!

Sweet! Now, I'll let Drasnus go through the- WOAH, cornstalker! thankfully, Red Nick reacts and shoot the alien full of lead.

Okay, UFO's clear which means the alien's somewhere. Right behind us actually!

And the last kill goes to... Wait, it got stunned, not killed! Let's take it back and interrogate!

And that's all the mission has for us. Results are:

Fairly good for now.

Promotions are:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    I never get a damned kill. And I thought laser technology would be mine. :(

Tips:
    1)Never carry two guns in your hands at the same time - around 5% penalty on accuracy.
    2)Conserve TU buttons ARE GOOD! Always use them!
    3)Slow but steady - crouching agents have less chance of being hit, and their accuracy grows too!
    4)Build another warehouse - we'll need to sell a lot of things otherwise.

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    I never get a damned kill. And I thought laser technology would be mine. :(

Tips:
    1)Never carry two guns in your hands at the same time - around 5% penalty on accuracy.
    2)Conserve TU buttons ARE GOOD! Always use them!
    3)Slow but steady - crouching agents have less chance of being hit, and their accuracy grows too!
    4)Build another warehouse - we'll need to sell a lot of things otherwise.
    I know that gufu. I have two General stores. I crouch when I can, especially when I plan to wait for an alien. I con't use the buttons, but I personally watch out for TU consumption. And finally, I never have two items in my guys hands unless it's a pistol and a grenade/stun rod/ something doesn't use accuracy. The problem with you not getting kills is I have too many riflemen. Maybe on the terror mission that is coming up, you'll get major kills.

Also, I'll only have seven units for the mission, and I haven't seen floaters yet. This is bad, but thankfully the stat boost I gave at the beginning to avoid easy mind control will help (you are still able to be mind controlled, but you shouldn't now unless it's an ethereal).

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    SHOOT ANYTHING THAT SCREAMS OF PANIC! But then again, chances are, that would be me.

Also, will you exploit the terror mission timer to fight in the day?

18. Post #58
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Damn kill stealers :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    SHOOT ANYTHING THAT SCREAMS OF PANIC! But then again, chances are, that would be me.

Also, will you exploit the terror mission timer to fight in the day?
    No. I'm trying to run through using only the free manufacturing exploit when my budget reaches $1,000,000.

Edited:

There's a bug in the game that maes incendiary rounds only do about 7 damage, but the power listed relates to how large the fire is. However, if you want to change your weapon, just say so. I have to have researched it first though.

20. Post #60
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Oh joy, get me the most powerful rounds for the autocannon then. Even though incendairy rounds seem to be darn effective.

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Oh joy, get me the most powerful rounds for the autocannon then. Even though incendairy rounds seem to be darn effective.
    Too late, Terror Mission's started. Besides, your incendiary rounds will light up the map.

Edited:

Intro to the mission

scout1 takes the lead, and sees a floater. Oh yeah!

Red Nick assists in the killing of a floater with his new laser rifle.

Suddenly, a floater and Reaper terror unit are seen. The floater is downed by lasers/fire, but the fire makes another floater visible! Thankfully, Red Nick shoot the floaters, while the reaper runs around screaming.

About another turn later of incendiary whoring.

Bam, A Reaper is blown to smitheroons.

And just then, a floater pops up out of nowhere.

But it is taken our by a large rocket for Kallemort.

And Uberman is given a chance to kill a floater!

Unfortunately, while killing it, Uberman fires an explosive shell to close and blows off a few limbs.

Okay, gotta end this soon! Wait, NOOOO! NOT scout1!

Well, all is not lost. Russian gufu has nabbed a floater in the process!

And then Red Nick makes the last kill just in time to save Uberman from bleeding to death!

Results:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck, that's a long time.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,072 Posts
    Treelor dead
    DAW, TITBAGS :argh:

I best be making a comeback. It's not a party without Treelor in the squad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    What the hell killed me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    760 Posts

Hey 40kplayer, can you keep track of our total kills and deaths? Could be fun to see the numbers once the game is over. Maybe update op after every mission?

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts

Hey 40kplayer, can you keep track of our total kills and deaths? Could be fun to see the numbers once the game is over. Maybe update op after every mission?
    Hmm. The game does keep track of kills, and once you die, I can change the amount f kills you'vehad over your lifetime.

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Fuck! At least I'm still alive.

Put me in a Dreadnought, don't let me recover.

Even in death I serve

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    What the hell killed me?
    A floater reaction fired at you with a plasma weapon. Unfortunately it was too much and your dick didn't block this one. :smug:

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    Even in death I serve
    You'll make a great BBQ, after that plasma shot, I am sure.

Yay, my first kill! A floater, but it is something to mount on a wall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    My new guy better get HE rounds for his autocannon or I will be very sad. :saddowns:

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    My new guy better get HE rounds for his autocannon or I will be very sad. :saddowns:
    But we love you, you help us out in the night! Beside, you can kill civies legally during the crysallid fight.

31. Post #71
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Well I guess I can keep the incendairy for now, but if we ever start fighting aliens that shrug it off I want HE.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    Well I guess I can keep the incendairy for now, but if we ever start fighting aliens that shrug it off I want HE.
    pretty much anything other than floater and sectoids can shrug it off. However, by the next aliens (snakemen) I'll have plasma researched. Also, I'll update tomorrow, hopefully.

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    pretty much anything other than floater and sectoids can shrug it off. However, by the next aliens (snakemen) I'll have plasma researched. Also, I'll update tomorrow, hopefully.
    Don't forget that incendiary stops the new chrysalids hatching from zombies.

34. Post #74
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Armor give out list:
    1) Treelor (bullet magnet)
    2) Scout1 (Awesome dude)
    3) Everyone else

:smug:

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    1) Treelor (bullet maggot)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,001 Posts
    You are take in more units, right?
    PivotDJ, rifle and pistol, one nade and a smoke.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,055 Posts
    You are take in more units, right?
    PivotDJ, rifle and pistol, one nade and a smoke.
    Once I get a new base, I will. And at that point more equipment will be available, so you can pick from a new list.

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,226 Posts
    Great, now I need to figure out DOSBOX. I recall I had this working without DOSBOX when I was 13 or 14... and this game is wonderful.

When you get that second base, you oughtta give my character a stun rod and a pistol. Oh, and make him very weak-minded ;) He can GO INSANE

39. Post #79
    May 2009
    4,977 Posts
    I have been playing this after buying it on steam, it rules.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,193 Posts
    When you get that second base, you oughtta give my character a stun rod and a pistol. Oh, and make him very weak-minded ;) He can GO INSANE
    Great. I'll kill you personally, since that is what you do with weak-minded personnel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)