1. Post #761

January 2012
    514 Posts
    I think I'm gonna try this out for the hell of it. Tell me, there exist ways to make it so everyone doesn't look like they're straight out of a Hollywood make-up trailer, right?

oh god page king WHY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,963 Posts
    I think I'm gonna try this out for the hell of it. Tell me, there exist ways to make it so everyone doesn't look like they're straight out of a Hollywood make-up trailer, right?

oh god page king WHY
    You can just run the configurator (uh, 'Konfigurator') that comes with it and select default models and textures for all NPC's and civilians. It does unfortunately use the bog standard valve set of resources, so they look normal but very poor quality compared to the spruced up environment.

You could probably just take the updated textures from CM4.0 and overwrite what's there in CM11 to make them look a tad better I guess. If mine weren't crashing at every map load I would seriously just go and do it for you, but I need to be able to play the game properly to see if it even works right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    If you set the Citizen models to 'default' it uses his High Res textures from before he made new models. But it doesn't do it for any of the other characters.

I'm on XP 32bit, but it's not even coming close to touching the amount of RAM available, video or otherwise.
    That is your problem, its recommended to have a 64bit system.

Mod the mod runs flawless for me, sometimes I'll get a memory error, but very rarely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

4. Post #764
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,110 Posts
    I really want to try this but the gangsta/crackwhore models are apparently what really kill it for people.
    Has anyone perfected how to use the default models instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    I really want to try this but the gangsta/crackwhore models are apparently what really kill it for people.
    Has anyone perfected how to use the default models instead?
    You open up the configuator that comes with the mod and change them to default. It is as easy as clicking a mouse.

Edited:

Sorry, I mean the 'Character Pimper', as FF calls it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,963 Posts
    If you set the Citizen models to 'default' it uses his High Res textures from before he made new models. But it doesn't do it for any of the other characters.

That is your problem, its recommended to have a 64bit system.

Mod the mod runs flawless for me, sometimes I'll get a memory error, but very rarely.
    Right but it's still barely even using half of the available ram... How is switching to a 64bit OS going to fix the crashing? It used to crash in the same manner when it maxed out ram but that's not happening any more so there must be another reason why it's bombing out. Might just need a tweak to a setting somewhere perhaps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

7. Post #767

March 2012
    273 Posts
    Are you kidding me?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 24Artistic x 1Winner x 1Friendly x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    7,270 Posts
    I don't like 9gag but I think "dafuq" suits this picture well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,339 Posts
    Are you kidding me?
    MORE BRIDGES AND SCAFFOLDING I SAY!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    9,156 Posts
    The ground reminds me of an old tool for gmod
    You'd click somewhere and it randomly spawned plants and trees EVERYWHERE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #771
    DFC
    September 2011
    279 Posts
    What's with the colored ropes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #772
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,973 Posts
    Oh, now I remember. Wasn't everything brush-based and just a cluster of randomness in Alyx's room? I take back my original statement about him being a decent mapper.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    quite frankly im amazed fakefactory hasnt just turned one of his god forsaken scaffolding brushes into a miniature model and position it around alyx' thighs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 15Zing Zing x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

14. Post #774
    quite frankly im amazed fakefactory hasnt just turned one of his god forsaken scaffolding brushes into a miniature model and position it around alyx' thighs
    NO, DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS.

Fake Factory mod 12: Changelog.

+ Added mini-scaffolds to Alyxs' thighs.
    + Hidden Drildo
    - Framerate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

15. Post #775
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,676 Posts
    Are you kidding me?
    It's like an entirely different game that was so terrible that no one remembers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

16. Post #776
    Resident Raccoon
    January 2008
    9,156 Posts
    NO, DON'T GIVE HIM IDEAS.

Fake Factory mod 12: Changelog.

+ Added mini-scaffolds to Alyxs' thighs.
    + Hidden Drildo
    - Framerate
    + Added plants to apartments
    + Added scaffolding to citadel
    + New Alyx face
    - Removed unneeded clothes from Alyx model
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 20Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    March 2012
    3,638 Posts
    You missed

+ bridges to apartments
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

18. Post #778
    June 2010
    326 Posts

When I'm playing EP1 with it...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 25Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    Are you kidding me?
    Is she covered in oil now? I don't remember her being that shiny in the older versions.

EDIT: And D0G is now really glossy too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #780

When I'm playing EP1 with it...
    "No free rides, Gas or Ass!"? One bad joke, mister! Also, the middle one is Captain Obviously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    1,804 Posts
    The ground reminds me of an old tool for gmod
    You'd click somewhere and it randomly spawned plants and trees EVERYWHERE
    Forest Melon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #782
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,110 Posts
    Nearly thirty gigabytes? Holy ass this thing has gotten bigger since the last time I checked.

Edited: It's bitching because I have the minimum amount of ram? Fuck youuuuuu.

Edited:
    Code:
    OUT OF MEMORY: Cannot allocate hunk.
    Fuck this. I'm uninstalling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #783

May 2012
    22 Posts
    can i have some help with Cinematic Mod (11.35) everytime i launch Cinematic Mod hl2 i get hl2.exe has stopped working PLEASE HELP!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    why don't you ask on the official forums? You'll probably get better help there.

Do you get any errors? Or does it just crash?

25. Post #785
    July 2011
    810 Posts
    Is it possible to grab the shaders from this and just run them in default hl2 and its episodes? because some of the special effects im interested in, but other things in this mod leave me lying awake at night pondering "why".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,928 Posts
    Thinking about changing this thread title to the FAKEFACTORY Discussion Thread: [insert insult here]

help come up with a good insult directed at that pervy 40 year old German
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #787
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    "fuck you guys im not gonna make anymore of these from now on"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #788
    It's time to unban Banshee Friend
    Dennab
    April 2011
    5,915 Posts
    Is there anybody that actually enjoys using this mod?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #789
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,854 Posts
    Thinking about changing this thread title to the FAKEFACTORY Discussion Thread: [insert insult here]

"not enough dogs"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #790
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,963 Posts

"Scaffolding & Vaseline Edition"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

31. Post #791
    hey
    August 2006
    6,095 Posts
    Are you kidding me?
    good job completely ruining valve's art and visual design, fakefactory
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

32. Post #792
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,928 Posts
    "fuck you guys im not gonna make anymore of these from now on"
    I like this one, so I'm going to steal it:

FAKEFACTORY Discussion Thread: This is the final thread. I mean it. Really.

then after this thread gets locked, another one pops up:

FAKEFACTORY Discussion Thread v2: I CAN'T LEAVE MY FANS! All six of them, to be exact.

yes or stick with the highest rated thread title?

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    I like some parts of it, mostly just Nova Prospekt.

You have to admit though, he makes the engine look great in some places.

This has to be my favourite shot I took of the mod

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #794
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,973 Posts
    It makes everything look like it's covered in asbestos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #795
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,963 Posts
    It makes everything look like it's covered in asbestos.
    It's Europe. Everything is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 13Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #796
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    424 Posts
    If only FF could make a crackwhore G-man model...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #797
    June 2010
    326 Posts

My favorite scene.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

38. Post #798
    October 2011
    252 Posts
    Battlefield: Source Edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #799
    June 2010
    326 Posts
    Hmm seems he coded a new reload system...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hong Kong Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

40. Post #800
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,351 Posts
    The reload animation breaks when you're using Iron Sights, should report it to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)