1. Post #681
    Resident Beat Eater.
    August 2009
    3,702 Posts
    The guy behind this mod needs to get laid.
    At first when I read this I thought you were praising him.

And then after re-reading, yeah.

Also, wasn't this mod killed? I remember him getting mad and stopping everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #682
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    Hes done that a couple times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #683
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,365 Posts
    Hes done that a couple times.
    Get laid?

I doubt that with the models he keeps including.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #684
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,837 Posts
    He's a married 40+ man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #685
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,365 Posts
    He's a married 40+ man.
    Wha-?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

6. Post #686
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    He's a married 40+ man.
    I don't think most countries legally recognize marriages to 3D models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 32Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #687
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    62,881 Posts
    This is the only Alyx model & skin that should be used...

Cinematic mod 4.0's version was just a slightly higher res model, with higher resolution and quality textures that were effectively a HQ replica of the original. No fucking around with excessive makeup, 10,000,000 poly models and puffy "I think I'm a black woman but I'm not" lips. Same for Barney, and Kleiner, and everyone else...

I never followed through with it but at one stage I got pretty seriously into fixing up models from CM4.0 and getting them working in CM8.something. I really liked some of the map changes in 8.0 and figured if I could just get all of the characters from 4.0 into that, it'd be pretty much perfect. I made good progress but just ran out of time and gave up.

I'm sure I'll fart around with it again some day...
    I still don't like this. Yeah they're high res, but they just don't look realistic. valve's textures look and feel really human and natural even though they're a low res
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 18Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #688
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,787 Posts
    Oh god, kill it with fire.

Seriously, what pre-pubescent asshole made these mods? He's probably the kind of person who owns a Japanese Love Pillow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Funny Funny x 4 (list)

9. Post #689
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    Hes 40 something.

10. Post #690
    April 2011
    2,606 Posts
    Oh god, kill it with fire.

Seriously, what pre-pubescent asshole made these mods? He's probably the kind of person who owns a Japanese Love Pillow.
    ~fear not everybody, I can make her more ~gorgeous~ ♥

♥♥♥
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 38Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #691
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,706 Posts

♥♥♥
    Cat: I still have nightmares about that alien...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

12. Post #692
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,545 Posts

♥♥♥
    THOSE EYEBROWS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #693
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    More of that horrible Parallax Occlusion Mapping

http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewto...p?p=5964#p5964
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

14. Post #694
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,295 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

15. Post #695
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    She looks Drugged.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

16. Post #696
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    10,837 Posts
    So many sheet metal scratches.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Zing Zing x 2 (list)

17. Post #697
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,787 Posts
    Hes 40 something.
    Probably a 40 year old pervert then.

I mean, those are like, Angelina Jolie lips right there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

18. Post #698
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,908 Posts

Lame. Don't know if it's just my brower but it's playing the GIF way too slow. I had it so fast her face was a jittery blur. Oh well.

Quality Street
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

19. Post #699
    January 2012
    2,545 Posts

Lame. Don't know if it's just my brower but it's playing the GIF way too slow. I had it so fast her face was a jittery blur. Oh well.

Quality Street
    smarked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #700
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,220 Posts
    Jesus what the fuck happened to Kleiner?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #701

There you go, and you're right, you cannot unsee
    I must be the only one who can unsee just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 7 (list)

22. Post #702
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,347 Posts
    ehrmagehrd gehrden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #703
    April 2010
    115 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 4 (list)

24. Post #704
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,908 Posts
    How'd you do that? I had the frame delays set at 0 in Imageready... Figured that was enough as it was zippy in the preview there :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

25. Post #705
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,706 Posts
    How'd you do that? I had the frame delays set at 0 in Imageready... Figured that was enough as it was zippy in the preview there :P
    Probably used Flash or some other program different from ImageReady.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #706
    January 2012
    2,545 Posts
    Even more smarked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

27. Post #707
    April 2010
    115 Posts
    Set it to 0.02. Firefox automatically slows gif animation down if there's a 0 or 0.01 delay. Weird I know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

28. Post #708
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    For those who actually like this mod hes released a 'dev snapshot' of the current work on his next version

http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1476

Someone also made a video

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #709
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,328 Posts
    For those who actually like this mod hes released a 'dev snapshot' of the current work on his next version

http://cinematicmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1476

Someone also made a video

Oh god, what bloom setting is that guy using? (there's like 5), did he set it to the highest possible? Geez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

30. Post #710
    June 2011
    628 Posts
    The only thing that interests me is the POM, don't know about the Post Processing. Its a shame that the POM is gonna be wasted on his textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #711
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    So I downloaded 11.37 for curiosities sake, thank god for 5MB/s internet.

So, for some reason playing this reminds me of the Frostbite engine, kind of. the 'realistic textures', lens glares, flares, and lighting, remind me of ir. Screenshots can't show it, you'd have to play it yourself, which I recommend you don't unless you really want to.

For these images I set the graphics to 'Cinematic' Preset that is in the configuration so I can play what FakeFactory thinks HL2 should be, minus the NPC models.

Remember FF 'bridge fetish'? Well its back, and hes brought a long Scaffolding. Lots and lots of scaffolding.
    At least I think its a scaffolding. They're just what looks like docks all along most of a Canals.
    Check out the Helicopter fight for what I mean for the bridges

Now, the Coast is at night. According to the forums, in the final version you'll beable to toggle between night and day versions. But right now, the coast is too damn dark, especially during Sand-traps. I drove into the ocean, I didn't see the cliff.

Anyone want to see any specific areas? See what the heck he did to them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #712
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,810 Posts
    did he seriously just put a tall highway bridge across a dam and a river

Edited:

usually bridges are always nearby dams

not above and bypassing the dam itself holy shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

33. Post #713
    October 2009
    108 Posts
    Oh god that fourth pic..

the term 'bridge fetish' is an understatement
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #714
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,365 Posts
    I can't wait until version 12 where Alyx has just her head on a giant vagina.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #715
    gay as h*ck
    January 2012
    2,020 Posts
    I can't wait until version 12 where Alyx has just her head on a giant vagina.
    you ruined the surprise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Turkey Show Events

36. Post #716
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,365 Posts
    you ruined the surprise
    It wasn't a surprise, it was a Facepunch exclusive!

And inevitable.

37. Post #717
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,908 Posts
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Fuck me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

38. Post #718
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    17,797 Posts
    FF did do something the developers originally wanted to do but didn't, I think it was tech reasons. The Devs originally wanted some of the citizen NPCs to speak other languages, possibly randomly, don't remember why they couldn't do it.

He makes some NPCs (Non important ones) speak a language other then English. For example, when you first enter the Canals, the NPC that runs up to you in the pipe then gets shot in the back at the first Checkpoint yells at you in German. I don't think this is a bug because it has been in the last couple version.
    It always bugged me that everyone spoke English in the middle of Eastern Europe.

Although, the only other time I've this again was after the Chopper battle in EP2. But then again I don't pay attention much to the Non-Important NPCs.

Also, apparently FF thinks C17 is Riga in Northern Latvia, all the maps he added to the game reference Latvia and Riga.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #719
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,295 Posts
    I've always assumed that the Combine relocated all American citizens to Eastern Europe for whatever reason.

40. Post #720
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    1,328 Posts
    I'm sure if meme replies weren't bannable, someone would have posted "Bridges, Bridges everywhere"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)